Admirers

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

Lay snorted as he was leaning on Eunji’s doorframe. Kris was brave enough to be actually inside her room, sitting on her couch.

“Mei, it’s really… burdensome when you’re like this.”

Eunji, who was burying her head all the while on her pillow as she was in her fetal position, finally looked up. Her bloodshot eyes and just plainly dead face made the two males flinch. “Go away.”

“Did you get medicine for that already? Is it that painful?” Lay pushed.

She grunted. “It’s already bad enough that you’re not a girl to not feel the pain, dimwit! Leave me alone!”

Kris stood up and sighed lightly. “They say menstrual pain is really painful.” He muttered to himself as he brushed by Lay, who fumbled out the room, fearing the witch’s wrath.

 

It’s one of those dark days.

Kai hesitated for a while, but finally managed to touch Eunji’s shoulder. Her head jerked to his direction in a second. “What?!” She grunted, brows arched together.

He raised his hands in mid-air. “Easy missy, I just wanted to ask something.”

“Don’t talk to me.” She muttered darkly and walked ahead, leaving a flustered Jongin. He knew, of course. The girl can be a serious witch when in her period. Is it because of the cramps, or is she just naturally bratty? He wondered.

“I just touched her freaking shoulder.” He flung his arms up and walked away.

 

“Hey babe.” Myungsoo had a cocky smile plastered on his face as he jumped in front of her. Her fiery eyes met his playful ones. “Oh hello there.” He chuckled, clearly enjoying what he was doing.

“Don’t ‘babe’ me.” She seethed and brushed past him, purposely hitting his shoulder. He staggered a little and frowned, but then caught up easily. “Let me guess, menstrual pain?”

“Who gave you the permission to talk to me?”

Myungsoo snorted and lightly pushed her, earning him a serious death glare. He cleared his throat and smirked. “The fact that I bought you pads yesterday.”

“Oh damn you.” She clucked her tongue. He mocked her clucking and poked her nose playfully. The brat’s forehead creased in response.

He again chuckled. “Na-ah, correction princess. It’s ‘thank you’.”

“Hmm whatever you want. Get away from me.”

But he was just as stubborn as the menstrual mood-influenced girl. “Oh you shut up, you know you love my presence.”

“Can you just—“

“—stay with you? Sure.” Myungsoo cut her off, smiling lopsidedly. She could only groan in response as the hyperactive jerk dragged her to her first class.

 

Tao walked around the campus in his usual get-up, a black leather jacket, ripped pants, his animal print backpack, red earphones and sneakers. His beanie revealed his dyed blonde hair.

He was bored, and in his own words ‘he had time to waste’, so he enrolled himself in college, for a mere semester. He wasn’t supposed to start until the next semester, but he did what he wanted to, so he explored the campus on his own.

“Isn’t that the new guy hanging out with Kai and Myungsoo Oppa? Damn, the genes.” He heard some chatter as he passed by. He felt narcissistic at the moment, so he smiled at what he heard.

A giggle followed. “I bet he’s single.”

“He sure should be. But That new Chinese enrollee has been sticking up with these dudes too much.”

“That Eunji girl? Ugh I hate her to bits. I had to talk to her once and asked her how she hit it off with Kai, she got pissed and walked out. Then I found her with Myungsoo. What a—“

“Excuse me, I think you’re messing with the wrong person here. I don’t really warn people, but if you want your faces saved from some girl’s wrath, you better stop judging.”

Tao scoffed and left the girl with stunned expressions. He was so not in the mood already. He planned not talking to people, but now he just had to.

To preoccupy himself, he had to think of jolly thoughts. Hmm, what really caught his interests were the clubs. First, he heard about the wushu club tha—

“The panda icing is almost done! Look it’s so pretty!”

… Did he hear that right? Panda… icing?

He the hallway intersection and saw the maker of those shrilly voices. Some girls in pink aprons huddled together in what seemed to be a kitchen. He looked up the glass door, and his eyes brightened.

Food Appreciation Club

He smirked to himself. “Heaven.”

And quickly his mood changed.

 

One girl was giggling as Kai slung an arm around her shoulder, clearly enjoying himself too. Tao, who decidedly spent his time with him, just ignored his mere presence.

They were waiting for some people— the witch and the jerk.

“How do you even… dare to be with her at times like this?” Kai gaped as Myungsoo and Eunji arrived. The latter was frowning so deeply her eyebrows threatened to arch forever.

Myungsoo grinned. “She loves me.”

“You wish.” She grunted, which made the two boys suppress their laughter. It was ironic to hear, because Myungsoo was really some desperate lovedrunk man who wished for reciprocation of his feelings.

Why did he fall in love with a dense woman? I don’t get him. Tao snickered to himself.

It was peacefully quiet for several minutes, with Kai giggling non-stop with his girl for the day, Tao busying himself with reading all these food appreciation club brochures, and Myungsoo close to dozing off beside a grumpy Eunji who was trying to preoccupy herself with some applications.

“Um, hi.”

Their heads turned towards a girl, except or Myungsoo who doesn’t really care about anything. Eunji’s eyes narrowed as she recognized the girl. She was in her management class.

“Oh, hey. Are you here for our group paper? I didn’t bring the usb with me though…” She fumbled with her bag, trying to locate her usb.

“No, no. I’m…”

Eunji stopped searching and looked at her curiously. Kai and Tao went back to their usual stuff.

“I’m here for Myungsoo Oppa…”

And their attention was back on her again. Eunji’s mouth formed an ‘o’. She looked over her shoulder, where Myungsoo was close to snoring. She lightly nudged him and he jerked up, scrunching his nose.

“What now, princess? More pads?” He tried to joke, but all eyes were on him. His brows furrowed as he looked around. “What?”

“Someone’s here for you.” Kai grinned.

Myungsoo looked at the girl with his blank face. Her face flushed crimson, and her fingers fiddled with the hem of her shirt. “Uhm, hey Myungsoo Oppa.”

He slightly cringed at the ‘oppa’, but Eunji kicked his foot.

“Y-yes?”

“Can I… talk to you for a minute? I promise it won’t be long.”

“I was slee—“

“He’d love to. Go, Kim Myungsoo!” Kai in and smiled widely. Myungsoo gave him one glare before uneasily trudging behind the girl. Tao smirked and glanced at Eunji. Her eyes curiously followed the two.

“She looks… nervous.” She commented.

“Girls are usually nervous when they want to confess.” Kai’s girl of the week chirped. Eunji glared at her for a second, she wasn’t talking to her. Kai grinned more if that was possible. “Ohhh, I see this is gonna be epic. Right, Ji? Finally Myungsoo’s gonna be preoccupied with something aside from annoying you if he finds himself a decent girl.”

“I think that girl looks decent enough. She’s pretty.” Tao added, making Eunji press her lips tightly. “Hmm, maybe.” She replied, acting casual as she looked away.

The girl and Myungsoo were only meters away, so she could still make out some of their conversation.

She observed the girl bit her lip and looked around anxiously, before finally setting her eyes on the floor.

“I like you, Kim Myungsoo.”

Well, that was the only thing her ears chose to hear.

 

 

__________________________________________________________