Hopes

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

“Pay your respects to your uncle. You know he comes here very rarely, so dress up and be nice.” Mr. Kim raised his brows at his son as he crossed his home office.

Myungsoo heaved a deep sigh and sunk more on to his father’s leather couch. His eyelids felt heavy, wait— his whole being felt heavy. “I have school, Appa.”

“After school then. Proceed there, okay? I’ll let Mr. Song pick you up.” Mr. Kim gave him a firm look, that which he purposely ignored.

“I have a car for a reason, Appa.” He muttered.

Mr. Kim rolled his eyes. “Good. Bring your car. Don’t bring that big motorcycle of yours, you will look like you’re there to crash their company.”

He stood up and walked towards the door, waving his hand carelessly at his father. “Whatever you say, Appa. Got it.”

“Good.”

 

Yeye dabbed the napkin on his lips and clasped his hands together. “Yixing, Jia Li, after school you two proceed to Hyatt. We’re havig dinner with the Kangs. Be presentable and don’t be late.”

The two younger grandchildren nodded. “Yi Fan, you too. We don’t need your cold personality tonight. You need to be amiable.”

Kris pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded.

Yeye smiled contentedly and faced Tao. “Zi Tao, you are not an exception. No animal prints and leather jackets.”

Tao groaned slightly. “But Yeye…”

“You heard me. You can have dinner here with yourself if you want.” Yeye chuckled and threw him a challenging look. Tao could only nod against his will.  Seems like he’ll be stuck with a crisp suit later.

Eunji would have laughed at Tao’s fashion dilemma, but she was too preoccupied. Things are going to change tonight.

“Okay kids, I have to go. See you in Hyatt, 7.30 sharp.” Yeye winked and left.

Kris sighed and placed his utensils down. He met Eunji’s eyes and signaled her to go. “You two will be late for your classes. Go now Jia li. Yi Xi—“

Lay pushed his chair back and left without a word. Eunji could only bite her lower lip and sigh.

“Did you two fight?”

She looked up and gave him a reassuring smile. “Just a small quibble, ge. You know how we get cranky at each other~” She chuckled dryly.

Kris raised his brow. “He doesn’t react like that, mei.”

“I kind of ruined his robot collection last night, it toppled down. He got mad and is currently… giving me the cold shoulder. It’ll ease off, I ordered him new stocks.” She smiled reassuringly.

Tao nodded with her. “I saw it. He was worked up.”

Kris hesitantly nodded. “O-okay. You settle that, you two shouldn’t be fighting.”

“Hmm Ge, we will.”

Kris was about to leave when Eunji met Tao’s knowing eyes. She bit her lip again, and with flustered actions, spoke. “G-ge, wait.”

Tao smiled at her and left the room, leaving her with Kris. She cheered herself inwardly. “I just want to say that… I… I’m sorry for doubting Minah.”

Kris studied her for mere seconds and he smiled lightly. “No, mei. I know your personality. You care.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I want to make up for my actions.” She bit her lip and almost choked on her words. Lies, lies. I’m such a bad liar. I can’t say this, no I won’t.

But then, she has to. She can’t believe ths is the only way too. That stupid impostor had worked hard to imprint a good girl façade, that it was impossible to make anyone believe her.

Way to go, Minah.

Kris rolled his eyes and enveloped her in his arms. “You brat. It’s fine. But if you really want to make up… then you could do one thing.”

“That is?” She mumbled.

“Be good later. Help me. You know I can’t be good in mingling with others when it’s not business.”

She nodded reluctantly. “Of course. I actually have a plan for you, G-ge.”

Kris pulled away and threw her a dubious look. “Plan?”

“Do you really like her?”

Kris was taken aback, but he managed a nod. “I think so, mei. It’s the first time I fee—“

“Good.” She cut him off with an uneasy smile. She couldn’t hear him with those words, she just couldn’t bear to hear him like her, when he doesn’t know what that girl is really up to.

Wu Yi Fan will forever be gullible, and she can’t let this ruin him.

“You can surprise her later, you know.” She wiggled her brows as if she was excited over her plan. Kris chuckled lightly. “Surprise her? By?”

“Pick her up for dinner later, Ge. I’m sure she’ll be in the company with her father. Girls love it when they are fetched by their princes.”

Kris bit his lip. He wasn’t the type of guy.

“You’ll earn approval from her Dad too, if you be the gentleman.” She added, convincing the gullible dragon.

Kris nodded after a few seconds. “O-okay. Okay. I will.” He then smiled and ruffled her hair. “You and your silly plans.”

She stuck her tongue out. “It always works with me.”

Kris then pushed her to the door. “Yeah, yeah. Go to school. Thanks, mei.”

She smiled and was about to leave when Kris called out again.

“Yep?”

“Should I bring flowers?” He asked, a bit embarrassed.

Eunji faked a smile, her lip twitched. “S-sure. Flowers are great.”

 

“This could go wrong, Tao. It may not work.”

Tao smiled at her softly and unlocked the car’s door. “We’ll have to take the risk, baobei. If it doesn’t work, it’s all up to one thing.”

“That is?” She gulped.

Tao’s jaw hardened. “You’ll have to steal those documents as proof.”

 

 

“This will work tonight. It will.” She nodded firmly and slipped out the car.

 

 

__________________________________________

Heehee. 

smiles at one corner//

:)