Trouble Magnet

Can We both Win?

 

Eunji’s POV

 

The weather seems nice today. It complimented the now placid vast school grounds that was looking really breathtaking without students.

It was getting late after all. No one flocked school grounds at dismissal time.

I sighed, leaving the bench. I walked towards the school exit, feeling my stomach grumble lightly. Really great timing.

Jongin, as to what he said, ‘booked a hot chick for a date.’ I know, hurts to hear. I don;t know what's wrong with me though, am I a martyr?

Though it's hard, I can't seem to make up my mind. I really like Jongin, but I value our friendship too  uch to let it go too.

Oh, and Myungsoo?

Jerk Myungsoo was being scolded by some teachers, nothing surprising.

My stomach grumbled again, “Darn.” I muttered. I want to go home, but I really want to have some time alone, walking with this kind of weather. It kinda transports me to a different reality. Cheesy loner~

I exited the school gates and turned to any direction, hoping to meet a resto or café. Whatever sells food, fine with me. But a dukkbokki stall would be great too.

I turned another right, and boisterous noise greeted me, along with the brutal scenes. My brows rose in recognition.

“So this is a riot…”

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Eunji just stood there, head tilted. She watched as groups of students and non-students fight with each other. There were bats and flying objects everywhere. She was not worried though, it was a fight between gangs, which she was obviously not part of.

She sighed as she started to walk away.

“Stop.” A guy shouted as he grabbed her by her hair and held her close. The fighting stopped instantly.

Eunji winced. Now she was involved, great.

“This girl is from your school, right?” The man holding her tightly spat out. Faces fell, she recognized some from her division. Oh, so this was a school to school gang fight.

“She’s our hoobae. Business major.” A student whispered.

The man holding her smiled triumphantly. “Now, I will kill this girl in front of you if you guys don’t admit to trespassing to our territory yesterday!” He growled.

Eunji was in a state of danger, but she just rolled her eyes. “Can you loosen your grip a little bit, it kinda hurts.” She mumbled.

The man chuckled bitterly and even tightened his grip. “You don’t want someone from your university to die, don’t you?” The leader of the other school gang, apparently, teased.

Eunji saw her fellow students back off. They were all tensed. It was a bloodbath, but no one wanted to lose a life.

Her brows furrowed. Why would they be afraid of this man, he doesn’t even have any weapon anyway. She thought, wincing at his grip on her.

“I will shoot her. Admit it now!”

Eunji looked to her side, and there it was, a gun pointed at her. Her thoughts flicked. So there was a gun? All along?

“Ya, release her!”

Eunji turned and she saw Myungsoo screaming with his alien-like special voice. His jaw was clenched and his fists were balled. It looked like he just arrived, panting as he supported himself.

The man holding her just smirked more. “No.”

“Release her. Now.”

“No.”

Eunji raised a brow, it was her first time seeing Myungsoo this… angry.

She winced again at the tight grip on her arms. The man’s nails were digging on her skin. She squirmed, trying to free herself.

“Move, or I’ll shoot you!”

Eunji sighed and looked down. “Sure, try stabbing me with a gun.” She muttered under her breath, but it was audible enough.

The man looked at her incredulously.

Myungsoo was close to face palming. This brat is close to being killed, and still she has the time to be sarcastic. Very… unique. Or reckless.

“Will you just admit even if it’s not true?” Myungsoo sighed exasperatedly at the men from his own university. They shook their heads hesitantly.

“It’s against fraternity rules.” One mumbled.

Myungsoo stomped his foot. “Just… ahh!” Myungsoo raked his hair in frustration. He met your eyes, and his fists curled with worry.

Eunji sighed and looked at the man. “Will you let me go?”

“No! Not until they admit their crimes!” He shook his head, screaming. She flinched at his voice. “I… I’m not even part of their gang…”

“But your part of their university, missy. You’re the bait.” He hissed, smirking evilly. She immediately looked away. “Wow, I just happened to pass by here…”

“Shut up!”

 

Myungsoo closed his eyes briefly. If he moves, the damn retard can shoot anytime. His veins were about to pop from his temples.

Just then he thought of something. Slowly, he slipped out the scene, hurrying his way towards the other side, behind the man’s back. The frat boys looked at him helplessly.

Myungsoo sneakily walked and nodded at the boys. They nodded back. In one fluid motion, he kicked the man, sending him on the floor with the gun meters away. Eunji fell together with him, and Myungsoo grabbed her in an instant.

“Aish! You okay?” He whispered, checking her knees for any scrapes. Eunji backed away and helped him up. The fraternity boys from their university were already beating the man, and another fight began.

“Let’s… just report this. Come on.” Eunji muttered and pulled Myungsoo with her. He looked at her, as if to comprehend her whole being. “Ya! You almost got killed out there.”

“Almost.”

“Can’t you at least… act scared or disoriented?”

“Oh please, I knew he wouldn’t have the guts to shoot, Myung.”

“He could’ve!”

“He couldn’t!”

Eunji sighed and met Myungsoo’s glaring eyes. She noticed beads of sweat on his forehead, and the creases formed all over his face. She walked to him and stopped a few inches away. Arguing wasn’t the best choice as of the moment.

“Okay, jerk. I owe you.” She whispered as she gently dabbed her handkerchief to wipe his sweat. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and just let her. “Big time.”

 

“You… what?!” Lay held Eunji’s shoulders tight, lightly shaking her. She chuckled and pushed him away playfully.

“It’s fine, Ge. Myungsoo was there.”

Lay’s brows furrowed. “Why were you even in that street?”

“I wanted to explore. You know.” She shrugged. Lay shook his head in disdain, he didn’t like the situation at all. His jaw clenched. “You could’ve died, mei. Do you realize that?” He seethed.

“I… The guy wouldn’t do that. I felt it.” She tried to explain, noticing the change in atmosphere. Lay balled his fists. “Yi Jia Li!”

Eunji jerked up from his seat. “G…ge? Are you…okay?”

“Don’t you know you were being reckless? And now you act as if nothing happened?! You brat, you should’ve called me to pick you up. If you wanted to explore, call me, or Kris! Or wait for someone. For goodness sake, you’re a girl! And you’re a heiress! Do you know how much trouble it would’ve caused if you were shot? You’re our only girl, at least be mature enough!”

Kris walked down the staircase, hearing Lay’s sudden outburst. Eunji looked at him, she was frozen on her place.

“Yi Xing Ge…”

Lay looked at her sharply. She walked to him and gently wrapped her arms around him. “I’m sorry.”

“You should be.” He seethed.

Kris stood at the end of the staircase, arms crossed.

 

“So... Can you tell me what happened here?”

 

___________________________________________________