Friendship

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

Eunji walked mindlessly along the campus corridors. She requested Lay to send her early to school today, and luckily, the stubborn cousin obliged. Once in a blue moon.

She was familiarizing the place, trying to clear the thoughts clogging up her mind. She wanted to see clearly, think clearly. But it was damn hard.

“Should I keep trying?” She sighed, sitting on a nearby bench.

She closed her eyes and let the sun’s first rays hit her pleasantly.

But then it darkened.

Her lids fluttered open, and there was Kai, looking back at her. She blinked innocently and frowned. “You’re blocking the vitamin D, get away, Jongin.”

Kai chuckled and sat beside her. “Why are you early today?”

“Why are you bothering me? Don’t you have a date or a make-out session to attend to, Kim Jongin?” She spat out harshly. He looked at her, a little stunned. Eunji realized her mistake and sighed. “S-sorry, I just don’t feel well.”

“Time of the month? PMS?” Kai poked her side. She forced herself to smile and shook her head. “I’m just not in the mood, okay?” Of course she wasn’t in the mood, she was pained.

Kai leaned back and pouted. “I don’t want you not in the mood. Cheer up and talk to me, please?” He faked a sob. Eunji rolled her eyes. Her heart was beating fast, but she didn’t want this. She hated it. “Just go, Kai. I don’t want to be with anybody right now. I don't even want to talk.”

With that Kai hugged her once and left her to think.

 

“Jiji, hello.” Few minutes after Myungsoo plopped beside her, slinging an arm around her. She sighed helplessly. “Kim Myungsoo, I’m not in the mood to talk.”

He chuckled and wiggled his brows. “I know. Perfect timing for me to talk.”

She jerked her head to look at him pointedly. “Please.”

“No, Jiji.” He smirked evilly and stuck his tongue out. Eunji didn’t have a choice, or she was too preoccupied to bicker with him, so she remained motionless, letting Myungsoo annoy her endlessly.

“You know you look really horrible today.”

“Your hair looks like a bird’s nest.”

“Why are you so fat? Did you eat a house?”

“I heard you’re Chinese. So can you make my math assignment?”

“Ching chang chong chong chang ching.”

Eunji stood up and glared at him, her face distorted. She crossed her arms and sighed exasperatedly. “Stop!”

“In the name of love~” Myungsoo sang, grinning widely. Boy, he was on hyper mode today, while Eunji was the total opposite. His annoy-skydiver-meter was on its highest.

She closed her eyes briefly, her calm bubble exploding. Seconds later she opened it, faced Myungsoo and regained herself. She exhaled, before whispering with a smirk on her lips. “Fine, you’re asking for it, dimwit.”

Myungsoo pumped his fists in the air. “Assa, the mad woman is back!”

“You bastard.” She hissed, making him grin sheepishly. Soon enough she was chasing him across the school grounds. “Kim Myungsoo, just… die!”

 

“You buy.”

“No, you buy.”

“No, you’re the boy, you should buy.”

“No, you’re the one acting like a boy, so you buy.”

Kai blinked at the two people sitting across him. Myungsoo was crossing his arms, glaring at Eunji. Eunji was of course, glaring back with her jaw clenched.

“Ji…” Kai muttered, trying to get her attention.

“Aish Kim Myungsoo I hate you!” Eunji snapped and buried her head on her palms. Myungsoo cheered and whistled. “1- Myungsoo, 0- Jiji!”

Kai gawked at them. He hesitantly touched Eunji’s arm and squeezed it. “C-cupcake~”

She looked up and blinked at Kai.

“You okay??”

Eunji nodded glumly and faced Myungsoo. “Buy food now, Myungsoo. I'm starving.” She seethed. Myungsoo shrugged. “I’m fine. You can buy on your own.”

“You buy for the both of us!” She retorted.

Myungsoo chuckled. “You buy for the both of us.”

Kai squinted his eyes, looking at both of them. Eunji finally stood up and got the money Myungsoo left at the table. She glared at him before hissing. “Fine, today I’ll line up. But, tomorrow, you do it.” With that she stormed away.

Kai looked at Myungsoo with his ever so curious eyes. “Wasn’t she not in the mood to talk?” He asked, perfectly remembering Eunji’s mood a while ago.

Myungsoo shrugged. “She was?”

 

“Dinner? With who?”

Lay got both of their backpacks and tossed it on the backseat. Eunji slipped inside and Lay followed. “I invited Kai over, and Myungsoo. It’s Friday, perfect for barbecue.”

Eunji nodded, but then it hit her. “M-Myungsoo? Why did you invite that jerk?” She scowled and pushed herself on her seat.

Lay looked at her before starting the engine. “He’s your friend, right? I mean, you hang out with him..”

“Only because we want to kill each other.” She muttered darkly.

 

“Kris is coming over late, so let’s start the barbecue!” Lay waved his clippers in the air and grinned. Kai jumped and ran over to the raw meat. “Oh, precious meat~” He chimed.

Eunji in his breath. Wow, she really was not in the mood today.

“Dude, go get the lettuce inside.” Kai nodded at Myungsoo who was standing beside Lay, hands on his pocket. He shrugged and looked at Eunji sitting alone by herself.

“Oh, Eunji wants to get it herself.”

Eunji’s head snapped at him only to see him smirking. She gritted her teeth and went inside, slouching. “I so want to get it, really.” She hollered sarcastically. “Cause I’m not lazy, unlike some.” She added harshly, looking at Myungsoo before finally going inside.

Kai and Lay were too preoccupied to even notice. Myungsoo just chuckled to himself.

Soon enough, it was the five of them, eating at the garden.

Kris was eating silently. Kai was praising the meat, yes the meat, and Myungsoo was being himself, annoying Kai. Lay and Eunji were cursing each other.

“Bu xi huan!” (I don't like it!) Eunji glared at Lay who was giving her a mouthful of lettuce without meat inside. Lay glared back. “Jia Li! Chi!” (Jia Li! Eat!)

“Bi zui! Zou Kai!” Eunji growled. (Shut up! Get lost!)

Myungsoo blinked at the two bickering in Chinese. He couldn't really understand a single word, except for her name. Kai just shrugged, used to it. Kris sighed, looking at the two.

“Yi Zhing, Jia Li.” He spoke with authority.

The two didn’t stop then.

“Yi Zhing! Jia Li!”

Eunji looked up and smiled sheepishly at Kris. Lay grinned at him too, eating the lettuce wrap himself. “Hey Ge~” He chuckled nervously.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Eunji asked Kris in her sweet tone.

Kris rolled his eyes and resumed eating.

Myungsoo’s lips tugged into a smile. “Hey Jia Li.”

“What?” She snapped.

“I do.”

Eunji could only glare at him.

 

 

______________________________

a view of how close they are. lol