Filler

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

“So Jia Li, behave. Tao’s parents are having dinner here tonight.” Kris monotonously stated as the four children were eating their breakfast without Yeye. Eunji jolted up from her seat. “Auntie Huang is here in Seoul? You didn’t tell me!” She harrumphed and faced Tao with a frown.

Tao raised his hands in mid-ar. “I... didn’t know too. Mama and Papa, they’re here?” He turned to Kris and blinked innocently.

Lay snorted and rolled his eyes. Kris eyed Tao and sighed. He was just like Lay and Eunji after all, clueless useless kid. “Yes, they will be. Their plane will arrive this afternoon. Aunt and Uncle are having a meeting with some investors here tomorrow.”

“They… are?” Tao shrugged and went back to devouring everything on the table. “They didn’t tell me though.”

“Didn’t your mom call last night?” Lay asked curiously. “We paused our Tekken game…”

“Oh right. She did tell me.” Tao chuckled sheepishly.

“Great memory, panda.”

Tao glared instantly at Eunji. “Not as great as yours, baobei.”

 

“So you still can’t ride with me, meimei.” Lay whistled as they both got out the house. Kris was already walking ahead of them, jogging towards his Jaguar.

Eunji grinned like a retard and jumped to the garage. “I know right? I got my baby back!” She shrilled in her high-pitched voice, dancing as she the car’s exterior with her fingers.

Yeye finally decided to call of the confiscation for her car. Now, she’s free as a bird to speed away in any street she’d like to.

Sounds…. fun— life-threateningly fun.

 

Lay rolled his eyes and unlocked his ride. “Just don’t over speed, idiot. You don’t want Yeye confiscating your baby again, now don’t you?”

“Whatever, I’m off. Baobeiiiiii!” She stuck her tongue out and hollered.

Tao rushed out the house in his usual get up. “Sorry, nature calls. Let’s go.”

Lay’s brows arched, looking at Tao then at Eunji. “Wait, why is that panda coming with you to school?”

“He’s bored. He’ll pester Jongin there, he’ll be productive. Right Tao?”

“Hmm-hmm.” Tao smiled and got in the passenger’s seat. Lay ruffled her hair lastly before they both slipped in their cars.

 

Kai frowned upon seeing Tao hop out of Eunji’s car. His lips twitched at the sight of the panda. “Why is he with you?”

“Let’s just say he misses you.” She grinned and socked his arm. Kai was about to react but too late, the panda already choked him with his ultimate panda hug. “Hey hyunnnnng! Fancy seeing you here!”

“I study here, unlike you, who’s just trespassing.” Kai pried his hands off and dusted her shoulders. “You know you should get a life, Tao.”

“I have one!” He protested as he slung an arm around Eunji. “Baobei is my life.” He winked, causing Eunji to pretend to gag.

Kai chuckled and poked Tao’s shoulder. “Do that in front of Myungsoo, please.” He wiggled his brows slyly. Tao ‘oohed’. “I see..” He whispered, making sure Eunji won’t hear.

 

“Hi jerk!” Eunji was extra sunny that day, and she just wanted to prance everywhere. She was about to jump to Myungsoo’s arm but Tao was holding her tightly.

Myungsoo smiled briefly. “Hey, you’re happy.”

“I got my baby back! Say whuuut?” She chuckled and tried to remove Tao’s arm. “Tao please!!!”

“I don’t want to be away from you, baobei.” He muttered, faking a sniffle. Kai suppressed his laughter. Myungsoo wanted to gape, but well he can’t. He just can’t react. Eunji snickered and finally managed to get out his grasp. “You’re such a baby. Find yourself a girlfriend, I have class!” She stuck her tongue out and dragged Myungsoo away.

“Stay away from Jongin, he’s bad influence!” She hollered and pranced to her first class, clinging on to the dragged Myungsoo.

Tao and Kai chuckled, left with each other.

“You know, I really sense something with her.” Tao narrowed his eyes. Kai chuckled and rolled his eyes. “It’s her turn.”

“Can I come with you today? I’ll be no trouble~”

“No. I'm a bad influence.” Kai smirked at what Eunji called him just a while ago.

“I won’t snag your girls, trust me. And, I'll be extra good.”

“No.”

“B…but..”

“No.”

“I hate you.”

“Feeling’s mutual.”

 

“Why are you dragging me?!” Myungsoo shrieked after a few seconds of being dragged up the stairs with the extra-sunny girl. Eunji grinned and let go. “Okay then whatever.”

He frowned at the loss of skin contact. “O-okay, drag me.”

“What?” She raised her brow. Myungsoo looked away in an attempt to hide his lame self. “I’m tired, Jiji.” He groaned dramatically and slung an arm around her. She grunted at his weight. But well oh well, wasn’t this the normal them?

 

“Things are already going well in your life now.”

Eunji stoped walking and turned to face Myungsoo. “Hmm?” She smiled. He rolled his eyes and walked beside her. “You look happy.”

“I am. With everything. I feel so blessed.” She chimed as she felt it herself too, the happiness. They walked in silence for a few seconds when she turned to him and nudged him playfully.

“Myung.”

He didn’t reply, he just gave her an inquiring stare.

She bit her lip. She wasn’t really good in these situation but she got to thank him anyway. “You were right.”

“I’m not right. I’m not left either.” He grinned.

Eunji narrowed her eyes at him. He stuck out his tongue. “Got the sarcasm from you, don’t blame me.”

“Whatever you just ruined the mood.” She snickered. He shook his head and pulled her by securing an arm around the shoulders of the frowning girl.

“Okay, where was I right?”

It took her seconds to reply. “About… About me…”

“If you don’t spat it our I’ll do things you won’t like. Come on, I’m getting really impatient here.”

She groaned and tried to move away but he ws holding her tight. “Okay! About me not being a weakling forever, crying but not breaking down, only thinking of those who matter to me…  Well those thoughts helped me get through.”

He smiled and felt those triumphant feeling swirling inside his system. The thought that he helped her was more than enough. Her appreciating and remembering his words only made him more contented.

“I told you before, I’m your hero.”

“Arrogant Jerk.” Eunji spat out and successfully managed to get out his grasp. They looked at each other for mere seconds and laughed.

Maybe this is why they are friends. They really get along.

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

This is kind of a filler chapter teehee.

i kind of have midterms this week so im gonna fly and bury my nose in books and notes for a while. be back with what i should be writing after!lol iz just three days anyway hehe