Wrong

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

 

“KIM JONGIN!”

Kai opened the door to his bathroom abruptly, his hair disheveled and his face bloated. He glared at the screaming woman on his bed. “Woman, get lost.”

“You need to know something.”

Kai rolled his eyes and pulled a shirt hanging on his door. “Why don’t you tell Myungsoo that? He’s your best friend right?”

“What the hell, Jongin?” Eunji scoffed. “I mean…”

“Go to Myungsoo.” Kai snickered. Eunji pouted and stood up. She walked to Kai and hugged him tight. “Is my bff jealous?”

“Bff your face.” Kai grinned.

“Whatever.” Eunji pulled away. “I need to tell you something.”

Kai yawned and plopped on his bed. “What?”

“It’s Minah.”

“What about her?”

“I heard her talk about… something. I went to their office and she was talking about how to save their company.”

Kai arched his brows. “And?”

“She’s using Gege. It seems like that.”

Kai looked at her pointedly for several seconds. He shook his head and let out a chuckle. “Nah, Jiji. That can’t be.”

“It is true! I know what I heard!” She protested, stomping her foot.

He rolled over his tummy and propped his elbows. “But she chaned, right?”

“How can we be sure of that, huh?”

Kai shrugged and spaced out. Eunji let out a frustrated sigh. “You know what?”

“What?”

“You’re useless.”

She walked to the door with a big frown. “Ji!” Kai hollered.

“What?” She snapped, turning around.

“It’s not that I don’t believe you… It’s just that, she’s a likeable person. If you tell people that, they won’t believe you easily.”

“The truth is the truth, Jongin.”

 

 

Eunji barged in Lay’s room, furiously biting her lip as she searched for her dear cousin.

“Gege!!!!” She hollered, banging on the bathroom’s door.

It was actually amusing. She wasn’t the type to be in dire need of Lay’s presence. That cousin was useless. But now, he was the person she was dying to talk to. At least for now.

A whimper escaped her lips when the door swung open, revealing the empty, stinky bathroom. Lay was out. That was probably the main reason he wasn’t answering her calls.

“Damn this.” She muttered, storming away.

 

 

Maybe, if Kai didn’t react like that to her earlier, she wouldn’t be here.

Or maybe she still would be here.

Well, it developed into a habit. Telling him everything, letting him know everything. She asked herself why, but ended up with one answer.

Because he seemed to be there. Always. And that’s what she needed. That’s what she still needs. That’s what she will always need.

“I knew it. You really can’t live a day without me.”

He smirked playfully and stepped aside to make way for her. Eunji lazily trudged inside the house and jumped to the couch. The jerk plopped down beside her, scrutinizing her with his annoying pointy glare.

“So…? What happened now?” He gave up and leaned back on the couch.

Eunji sighed and bit the insides of her cheeks.

She shouldn’t be telling Myungsoo. She shouldn’t.

Should she?

“I… I…”

He watched her fiddle with her fingers, reading her every move.

“D-do you have ice cream?” She squeaked, mentally slapping herself. Myungsoo cocked his head to the side and chuckled. “Ice cream?”

“Yup. Tons of it.” She mumbled.

He stood up and shrugged. “It’s your lucky day, we stocked the fridge this morning.” He walked to what seemed to be the hall leading to the kitchen.

Eunji sighed and closed her eyes briefly. She should get a grip of her emotions.

“Ji?”

Her whole body jerked as she felt his stare. He was leaning on the wall with that annoying lazy smile. “You really are weird.” With one last chuckle he turned around and left her to her wild thoughts.

 

Myungsoo wasn’t the person she needs, she constantly reminded herself. But her stupid reckless self brought her here. Why? Because she was stupid. Easy as that.

Why would she tell him, anyway? He was close with Minah. Their relationship was like her and Kai. Best friends since diaper days.

And she knew nothing could beat that friendship. Well oh well.

Maybe, just maybe, she was hoping. She was hoping he would believe her and be on her side. She admits the jerk plays an important role in her life as of now, that’s undeniable. He was her confidante, except he was a male. A male confidante, maybe?

If only he wasn’t the annoying sleeping jerk that called her skydiver when they first met, she’d be close… so close to calling him her best friend. Like Kai.

Heck, the jerk even knows more that what Kai knows.

So, will he be on her side? Will he… believe her? He always does, right?

Please, she thought.

 

“You’re even luckier we have chocolate crack syrup.”

She jolted up from her seat, waking up from her cloud of thoughts. Myungsoo lazily plopped beside her and handed her the bowl.

She smiled slightly and stuck spoonfuls to .

She should stop hoping, she thought.

“I know there’s something you need to tell me, and there’s something bothering you.”

She shot him an annoyed glare. “You think you know everything now?” She snapped. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and pointed to her bowl of ice cream.

“One. Miss Yi Jia Li eats ice cream when she’s bothered.”

“Hey—“

Myungsoo shot her a look. “Two, she usually gets easily surprised when she’s thinking deeply.”

“You moron.” She hissed, annoyed with the fact that he knows her well now. Too well it was dangerous.

Myungsoo grinned, enjoying. “Three, she will seek my oh so great company when she needs someone to talk to.”

Her head snapped up, a spoon stuck on her lips. She picked it up and pointed it to his face. “Well you are one big narcicisst. I do not see—“

“Should I say she seeks my company even when she’s not troubled? That makes it like this then—she seeks my company constantly. She can’t live without me.”

“You’re annoying.” She groaned, facepalming.

Myungsoo smiled cheekily. “I know. That’s why you love me.” He wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

“I don’t.”

“Whatever. So what is it?” He sat straight and turned his body to her. “Hmm?”

Eunji bit her lip, again. This is it.

“Myung… I… I think Minah didn’t change.”

She watched his expression change from playful to that of surprise. “What?”

She inhaled deeply. “I think she’s the same girl. The same gril that used you before.”

He let out a dry chuckle. “You must be kidding me.”

“I’m not.” She frowned.

He pressed his lips into a thin line. “What makes you say so?”

She trusts him. He should believe her, she thought.

After all, he always did. Will now be different?

 

“She’s using Kris Gege.”

His brows arched displeasingly. “Eunji, I don’t think you—“

“It’s true! She using Kris Gege for their company! I know because I—“

“Yi Jia Li.” Myungsoo muttered.

“Myung believe me I really—“

“Yi Jia Li.”

She stopped and placed the bowl of melting ice cream on the coffee table. He closed her eyes briefly and opened it, searching his eyes for anything.

Just anything will do. Just not betrayal, she thought.

“You’re not making any sense right now.” He softly spoke, afraid of making her angry. But he was too late. She was on the verge of losing herself.

She bit her lip, but she couldn’t help it. Her lips were trembling.

“Please, Myung.”

He looked away, his jaw clenched. They sat there in torturing silence before he turned to her, his eyes hard.

She feared this would happen.

 

“I think you’re saying this because the attention is not on you anymore.”

 

Her heart crashed. She tried looking at him, searching any sign of his soft comforting words, but he was stoic as ever.

Those words got her running out the house, running away from her hopes.

She was wrong.

He was confused.

They both were.

 

 

__________________________________________________________