Leaning On

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Eunji sat up and groaned. Her body ached, despite the slumber she just had. Heck she won’t be relieved by it, her sleep was restless. Thoughts were clouding up her mind making her head throb.

She looked at the time and groaned again. She was late.

Oh— it was an understatement. It was already noon.

The door creaked open, but it stayed still. She raised a brow.

“You can come in, Yi Fan Ge. Scold me all you want.” She hollered, already braising herself for the dragon’s mighty scolding. Instead, who came in shocked her a little. Just a little.

“M-Myung?”

Myungsoo stepped in and closed the door after him. He sat on her bed, giving her a disdained look. “You look horrible.” He snickered.

She sighed and tried to untangle the comforter on her legs. “Oh I know.”

He moved his face to hers, scrutinizing her eyes. “You seem troubled though.” Eunji backed away and cleared . “Tell me more about it.”

Myungsoo bit his lip as he looked down his lap. He was itching to tell Eunji everything, that she still looked beautiful despite the horrible mess her hair was at the moment. And that he was confused and all, but he can't. Because of one thing, she was the main reason of all it.

And of course he couldn’t, he was an arrogant conceited that rarely sputs out compliments. Especially to Eunji.

Eunji exhaled deeply and got out of the bed. She grabbed a towel hanging at her chair and faced him. “ Why’d you come?”

Myungsoo made himself comfortable on the bed. “I was bored, you were absent, nothing to do. I’m a genius so I don’t have to worry about my grades.”

That made her snicker. “Well that makes me feel special, Myung.”

She trudged to the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

“Because I just find out that you are.” He murmured.

 

“Why are you being so harsh to her, Yeye? You know our Jia Li’s frail!” Lay reasoned out, raking his hair in an attempt to make Yeye see some light.

Yeye shot him a look. “Are you raising your voice at me?”

Lay sunk on his seat. Sure he was the useless cousin with all the tease and bored blank looks, but he cares. “Dui bu qi, yeye. I… I was just in a rush of emotions.”

“Good.” Yeye murmured as he examined some papers. Lay stared at their grandfater’s profile and furrowed his brows.

Yeye would always be unpredictable, and it frustrated him.

“Why, Yeye?”

There was silence for a while until yeye placed the papers down. He removed his thick framed glases and looked at Lay meaningfully. “Exactly the reason why you’re concerned for her.”

“She’s frail, Yeye. You can’t just…” Lay trailed off, at loss of words.

Yeye tapped his ballpen. “Don’t interfere with me in this, Yi Xing.” He snapped as he waved him off.

 

“Wow you want to go here?” Eunji scoffed, her eyes unblinking as she looked at the massive sign in fron of her.

Myungsoo shrugged, a playful smile forming on his lips. “I never get to experience these things, you know. Let’s just give it a shot. We're already here, nothing to lose.”

Eunji’s mouth was left agape as she was whisked inside the water park. Myungsoo was indeed unpredictable, that she almost doubted if he was sane. He wasn't, we know that.

He grinned lopsidedly as he pushed her inside the girls’ dressing room. He closed the door shut and went to the boys room to change.

 

“Jiji! You’re taking to long!” He stomped his foot, his brows arched with impatience. The door swung open, Eunji slowly stepping outside. She was trying to cover her bare midriff, exposed by the swimming sando-bra. Her toned long legs were exposed by the short shorts.

Myungsoo, who was in a white wifebeater and board shorts, could only clear his throat. “Don’t be insecure, there’s actually nothing to see.”

“I’m not insecure. I’m not even afraid you’ll see me like this.” She spat out. He cocked his head. “Then why…?”

“Them.” She muttered, hiding behind his back. He turned to look at the direction of her eyes and spotted some guys obviously ogling at the girl hiding behind him.

His eyes hardened.

“I don’t understand why they’re looking. There’s really nothing to see.” Myungsoo chuckled bitterly and walked away. Eunji scrambled behind, clinging by his side.

                                                               

The truth was, Eunji was afraid of water. She can’t swim.

She can dip her legs on pools, soak herself on neck-deep waters, but getting on a 20-meter water slide that led to a 6-feet deep pool made her shiver. Her lips paled at the thought.

But of course, she was badass. No badass would admit she couldn’t swim. She was already emotionally weak, but physically? Oh she won’t go to that level.

“You really can do this?” Myungsoo hollered. They were standing side by side at the top of two slides, preparing to gun their lives out.

She bit her lip and nodded.

“One!” The instructor screamed. Her fists clenched as they were asked to sit.

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed. “Sure?”

“Y-yea!” She shouted, feeling the palm of the instructor ready to give her a push. “Two!” The voice hollered again. Her heart beat raced. She can’t do this, she can’t!

“Myung!”

“What?!”

“I don’t know how to swim!”

“Three!”

“!”

 

Eunji shut her eyes as she felt her body sliding with the water. She opened to peek and shivered. She was moving really fast, straight to the deep waters.

Her lips parted to release a scream.

Her body collided with the waters, and she felt herself being dragged by her incapability to swim down the pool’s floor.

She tried to swim upwards, but she only managed to make strange movements with her hands. And she needed to breathe too, badly.

But then, her body was lifted up the surface, and she inhaled deeply. She jerked her head to see Myungsoo holding her by the waist, giving her a smug look. Strands of wet hair fell on his face, and she couldn’t help but smile.

She brushed some with her fingers.

Myungsoo frowned more, although his heart was beating fast.

 “You can’t swim?” He said through gritted teeth.

Eunji smiled sheepishly. “But I wanted to try…”

Myungsoo grunted and released her waist. She panicked and clung on his neck like a little child. “Don’t!” She squealed.

“Oh yeah? After persuading me to try this and telling me you can’t swim at the very last minute? Wow Ji.”

She helplessly clung on him. “Please, I’ll die.”

“You won’t.” He arrgantly sat back. Eunji bit her lower lip. “Okay, I’m sorry! Just… help me out here?”

Myungsoo sighed and held her waist again. He swam for the edge of the pool and let her bring herself up. She grinned as soon as she was sitting on the edge. She extended her hand to the frowning Myungsoo.

He let out an exasperated sigh and reached out to her. Soon they were sitting sde by side at the pool’s edge.

“What the hell were you thinking, really?”

Eunji played with the water using her legs. “I thought you’d catch me.”

A scoff escaped his lips. “Really? What if I didn’t?”

“You did.”

Myungsoo looked away. “What, like you feel some sense of protection from me?”

Eunji shook her head. “It’s just that… I really wanted to try it, and I trust you. You wouldn’t let me die, won’t you?”

Myungsoo didn’t respond. Except, his lips tugged into a smile he couldn’t hide. He was biting his lip to prevent himself from looking like an idiot.

“Would you?” She urged, poking his side. Myungsoo moved away. “You trust me?”

She nodded without hesitation. “Yup.”

“Then that’s too bad.” He chuckled before pushing her into the pool. Without waiting any second he jumped in himself to help her all over again.

“I hate you!” She gasped as he clung on his neck.                                   

Myungsoo smirked, loving how she reacts at his teasing.

“Oh Jiji, I know you love me.”

 

 

__________________________________________

Let's hope she does, or she will, Myung. :>

hey guys! how ya doing?lol

 

i'll be home tomorrow. I will finally reunite with laptop and ms word! Hihihi