Good in the Bad

Can We both Win?

NARRATOR

 

Yeye took a sip of his coffee, his face painted with disappointment and worry. He closed his eyes for a brief moment and let the bitter liquid run down his throat. The taste gave him what it felt to be in reality.

He was an old man, he experienced the cruel world. But this… is just one of the images of its cruelty. He already reported it to be investigated, but it didn’t matter much.

Justice would be served. There were no questions to that.

What mattered to him now were his grandchildren.

Jia Li, is broken. She planned everything, along with Tao. She worked hard without anyone on her side. It hurt Yeye that he let her go through it alone.

Yi Xing, is messed up. He was the middle, he didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know who to run to, the eldest, or the youngest.

And Yi Fan, is crushed. No one expected this. Words could not explain what he was going through. Never did he exit his room since last night.

 

Eunji took in a deep breath and let the wind from the opened window of her room calm her being.

She was being swallowed by pools of worries.

But what matters to Eunji as of the moment, and what makes her breathe, is the thought of Minah and her father out of their lives. They couldn’t do anything now— they failed.

And she won. But it did not feel like winning, because seeing Kris keeping all the pain to himself is much more hurtful.

 

DAYS LATER

 

“He’s better, but no one brings up the topic at home. We know what he’s going through.” She popped her lips as her mind threatened to float in worries again.

Kai nodded and sighed. “I hope Kris hyung gets over all this. He didn’t deserve this.”

Eunji could only nod. “Minah’s good in her act…”

“Sorry, Ji.” Kai again apologized, even when it’s like the hundredth time he apologized, he wouldn’t stop. Not believing her when she was right crushed him. It crushed them all.

She smiled lightly. “As I said, Minah was good in her act. I can’t blame you guys.”

“Still.” Kai moved to her side and cupped her face. “We were jerks.”

“Uh-uh. I’m her jerk. Not you, or anyone else.”

Kai looked at Myungsoo who just arrived at their usual meeting place. “Do you even know what we were talking about?” He snickered.

“Nope. But I heard you saying that you are a jerk. Now get away from the brat.” He shooed Kai away. The latter rolled his eyes and moved aside.

Myungsoo smiled contentedly and sat beside her. Lately he’s been like this, giving little hints. But he always appears like he’s just playing around.

Whi knows what will happen in the near future, now that all is well.

“Hi jerk.” Eunji mumbled.

Myungsoo stuck his tongue out. “Hello brat.”

“Hi jerk.” Kai grinned. Myungsoo shot him a look. “Hi playboy.”

They all laughed. Maybe this is what friendship is— there will always be downs, but in the end the smile lingers.

The jerk, the brat and the playboy.

Friendship really knows how to choose, huh?

 

Eunji had a smile plastered on her face as she pranced towards the Yi Estate. She smiled at the head maid and walked towards her room. She wanted to hang out with Tao and play some Black Ops or Tekken, but the panda was out for some unknown stuff.

He must be shopping for some Gucci and animal-print Iphone cases, she thought.

A smile spread on her lips once more. A smile of pure happiness, and hopes. Happy to have friends, and hopes of reconciling with her dear derpy cousins.

Kris may be a stone-cold dragon who rarely shows emotions, but she loves her to bits. He didn't deserve that pain. She would've took the pain for herself.

Lay may be the useless lay unicorn, but she loves him too. That lazy man who wrestles her every now and then holds a big chunk of her heart.

Everything was falling into place. How she wished she and Lay would be okay, and Kris would be the badass dragon he should be.

 

“His robot collection never tumbled down.”

She turned around to see Kris leaning on the doorframe of his room. He was in a casual white shirt and jeans. His hair wasn’t styled at all, like he just woke up. “G-ge.” She muttered.

It was the first time in the week Kris started a conversation. How surprising.

“Hey Gege. How was your day? You skipped work?”

Kris chuckled and rolled his eyes. “His robot collection never tumbled down.”

“W-what?”

“Yi Xing’s robot collection. It’s as good as new.”

“I…”

“You’re good at lying, mei.”

Eunji bit her lip. Of course she lied! She did to save him from that ing Minah!

“You’re good in keeping things. You’re good in being doubtful. You’re good in doing things your own way. You’re good in being reckless. You’re good in trouble.”

Kris all stated in his oh-so-ever monotonous voice and straight face. Every word parted with his lips like some stinging poison.

Eunji could only gape unbelievably. There she was, sacrificing her of feeling to save him from a mother freaking impostor and now he’s being this stupid .

 *Oh, Wu Yi Fan, you little son of a bi—*

“And that.” Lay stepped out the hall, a small smirk on his face. Kris chuckled lightly as he appeared. Eunji pried her eyes off the dragon and looked at the unicorn that just emerged from the dark.

They shared knowing glances. “That’s the main reason why we love you so much, mei.” Lay finished, looking down.

“You little brat, being a martyr and all.” Kris chuckled and pulled her close. What the? She was close to tears, and now they… What is happening?

“We love you mei. Forgive us for not believing you.” Lay joined the group hug, burying his head on her shoulder. She smiled as a small tear lined her cheek.

She snickered knowingly, sniffling at the end. “Yeah because you were all caught up with that bi—“

“Yeah yeah let’s forget about that.” Kris responded too quickly. No good memories with that girl, erase, erase, erase.  

Lay chuckled and pulled away. He was smiling softly, a little embarrassed with the gayness of the situation. But oh crap it, he thought.

Gay is what we are. Wu Gay Fan, Zhang Gay Xing, Yi Gay Li.

Lame humor.

 “You care for us too much, that we see in the wrong light. But… hell we’re lucky to have you, mei.” He finally spat out as he composed himself from his lame thoughts.

“Cheesy .” Kris muttered under his breath. Don’t forget, the dragon was bound to be emotionless and all.

Eunji rolled her eyes and jumped to Lay’s arm. “I missed you Gege!”

“Okay, cheesy but true.” The dragon chuckled and ruffled her hair. Lay embraced her tighter and let the moment last.

This is family— impostors ain’t gonna break it.

 

 

__________________________________

now... to another point in the story.

//smiles

you all know what it is. Myungji here we come!

I just realized though, I wrote a freaking long story.

It's 54th chapter... you don't mind, don't you? I mean, i still have a lot-- a lot to write. :>

teehee