Behind

Can We both Win?

 

 

NARRATOR

 

2 days ago

 

 

“Where’s the brat?” Myungsoo scrunched his nose. Lay shrugged and let him in. “Yeye asked her to do something. I don’t know what, so don’t ask me.”

 He followed the lazy man to the lounge room.

“Hey Myung!!!” Kai cheered and threw him a hug. Myungsoo rolled his eyes at hid bipolar friend. Lay groaned at Kai’s screeching and plopped at the couch.

“Sometimes I doubt you guys go here for Eunji, or you just have nowhere to go.” Lay mumbled and reached for the bowl of chips. Kai chuckled and sat beside him. “We come here because of you, hyung. We love you.” He cooed, Lay’s forearm.

Lay moved away and threw a pillow straight at Kai’s face. “Do that again and I’ll grill you alive.” He shuddered before transferring to another seat.

Kris stood up from his gigantic spinning chair and startled the boys.

“Didn’t even notice your presence.” Myungsoo muttered to himself. Kris cleared his throat. “Well now you do, Myungsoo.”

“You heard me?!”

Kris sighed at the helpless stupidity and closed his eyes briefly.

“You look really bothered these days, Gege.” Lay commented, pointing a finger at the elder man’s face. Kris sat back his chair and exhaled.

True, the usual emotionless man was unusually troubled.

“Hyung it looks weird that you’re having emotions, even if it’s just being troubled.” Kai cuckled, but then noticed no one was responding so he just cleared his throat.

Kris opened his eyes and bit his lower lip.

That’s a plus, the dragon never does that.

“I think I’m… opening up too much.”

“What?”

“I think I’m… opening up too much.”

“What?”

“Damn Yixing are you deaf?!” Kris barked, his voice booming. Lay flinched at the outburst. “No, it’s just weird. Except for us, you never open up to people.”

“That’s the point.”

Myungsoo listened at the corner. He seemed to have his own little world but in truth the jerk was listening. Kai leaned back on his seat and placed his legs on top of the coffee table. “I think I know~”

“Shut up, Jo—“

“It’s Minah!” Kai beamed before Kris could finish. He smiled cheekily and wiggled his brows. “I’m right, aren’t I, hyung?”

Kris looked away, trying to ignore the question. “I… I want to talk to meimei but I don’t think she’ll be…”

Lay’s eyes widened like saucers. “W-wait, does this mean you… like Minah?”

“I just told you I feel like I’m opening up too much.” Kris muttered, acting unaffected. Myungsoo finally spoke. “What does opening up others mean to you, hyung?”

Kris bit his lower lip, again. “I...”

“Knowing him, it’s his way of letting a person into his life.” Lay finished for his stoic cousin.

Myungsoo nodded, he already knew what was happening. So did Kai, and so did Lay. It was only Kris, the cold stoic emotionless Yi to realize for himself.

“What is happening?” He muttered with his deep voice, but the hint of confusion never faded from his voice.

Kai clucked his tongue. “You’re starting to like Minah.”

 

“We can’t tell her now.” Lay declared.

“Why?” Kai squeaked.

Myungsoo squirmed in his seat. Kris just left the room, not even convinced of what he really felt. “Yeah, why?”

Lay sighed, he loathed explaining. “You see, I don’t really think Eunji will believe this. She knows Yi Fan hyung, she would doubt it. Even I am having the shock of my life right now.”

Kai rolled his eyes at Lay’s attempt to sound exaggerating.

“What I’m saying is… Eunji’s still in the process of knowing Minah. She is doubtful in nature. So if she knows now, it’ll make her just see all the negative things she wants to see in Minah, because she’ll start doubting her. If she doesn’t know, she’ll have more time to get to know Minah and see who she really is.”

“Does this mean… you’re accepting Minah now?” Myungsoo asked. He had no problem, Minah was close to his heart as his childhood friend. He believes she changed and she’s really trying her best to be better.

That’s what he believes in, though.

Lay bit his lip before answering. “I’m not being rude, but I will have to. Yi Fan Gege is starting to like Minah, I should be the good man and support him.”

“But Eunji’s not the same. She needs time to know Minah.” Kai concluded.

“So we don’t let her know, yet.” Lay finished.

 

 

A day ago

 

“She went to your house and said that too?”

Myungsoo hummed a yes. He placed his phone on loudspeaker and threw it beside him on the bed. Kai’s voice followed through the line. “Does this mean she found out Kris hyung likes Minah?”

“I don’t know. I don’t think Jiji will make up stories, Jongin.”

He heard some shuffling at the other line, then Kai spoke. “Yeah, but it just seems so odd that she will accuse her of just using Kris Hyung without any reason.”

“That makes me confused too. But Jiji’s not the type to lie.”

“I know. But… what she told us…?”

“Let’s just talk to her tomorrow and hear her out.” Myungsoo sighed.

 

 

_________________________________________________

it's the start of the confusion and drama :> hehe

feel free to analyze the situation yourself lol