Back

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“She just disappeared last night, hyung. Weird.” Kai played with a stress-release ball, squeezing it as he wanted to.

Lay was bout to comment rudely but Kris’ glare cut him off. Lay sighed and just clucked his tongue. “She was tired.”

“I was her . At least she should’ve told me and I could’ve taken her home.” Kai replied, pouting. Kris flipped another page to his book. He knew too well Kai was dense about the situation.

And it was getting really out of hand.

“Maybe because you were busy.” Lay spat out.

Kai’s brows furrowed. “Was I?”

Lay groaned, the boy was helpless. He stood up and stretched his arms.

“Where is she anyway?” Kris asked.

Lay shrugged. “On her way. She’s with Myungsoo. She’s driving Yeye’s gift.”

“I hope Myungsoo survives.” Kris said flatly.

 

 

“I SWEAR, I’LL KILL YOU AFTER THISSSS!”

Eunji chuckled. They were on their way to the mansion, and the road was almost empty. Oh, how she loves roads like this.

It just means one thing to her.

She can drive freely. And it was suffocating Myungsoo at the moment.

“I should’ve offered to drive, dammit!” Myungsoo squeaked with his high-pitched voice that only comes out when he’s… high on joy, or annoyance.

And the latter seems to be the complete reason.

Eunji chuckled as she stepped on the pedal harder. “Just enjoy it, Myungie!”

Myungsoo should smile at the new name, but instead he was frowning.

“I will live to kill you.” He grumbled.

 

“We’re home~”

Kai shot up his seat as he heard the voice. Soon Eunji entered the room with a smile. She grinned at her cousins, but when her eyes met Kai, her smile somhow turned different.

“Jongin!” She blinked.

Kai slung an arm around her. “Hey cupcake, you left me last night~” Eunji looked down and bit the insides of her cheeks. She should stop this feeling.

“Stop it Kai. I think Jiji’s on her monthly visit. She’s cranky.” Myungsoo entered the room and spoke. Kai slowly removed his arm around her and moved away.

“Mianhe, Jiji. I’ll let you cool down.”

Eunji smiled to herself. Her period was last week. Myungsoo was a big fat liar, but she was thankful. He was helping in his own way.

“Oh Myungie, you survived?” Lay mused.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Barely.”

 

 

Kris was flipping the meat with an expressionless face. Lay and Kai were arguing about something, and Myungsoo and Eunji were… as usual close to killing each other.

“If you eat it like that, it wouldn’t be called lettuce wrap.” Eunji pointed out. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and kept eating the meat alone. Eunji sighed and snatched some lettuce. She placed some meat inside and some chili paste.

She wrapped it slowly and hand it to him. “This is how it’s done. Here.”

“Hrhncughhj.” Myungsoo mumbled, taking the lettuce wrap with his mouth. Eunji shuddered and moved away. “Jerk.”

“You just fed this jerk.” Myungsoo winked, making her shudder again.

 

“Oppa!”

Kris sighed. That voice again. He gave the clippers to Lay who frowned.

“Hi Minah.” Kris flatly greeted her.

Eunji shrugged as she ate another wrap. She chewed and swallowed before speaking to Myungsoo. “That’s Minah. She’s a family friend.”

Myungsoo jst remained frozen on his seat. Of course she knew him. He knew that voice too well. He knew everything about her too well.

That it wasn’t right to meet her again.

KMA

His hand trembled as he held Eunji’s wrist. She looked at his hand and tried to pry it away. “Ya, let go. Come on, I’ll introd—“

“Jiji.” Myungsoo whispered.

Eunji looked at him. He was tensed on his seat, while his eyes stared at hers for some moments. It felt like he was bothered, and he just remained his grip on her. Myungsoo seemed different, like he was fighting something within him.

He was troubled, she knew it. The jerk was never like this. It somehow scared her.

“Please.”

She understood quickly. She nodded and stood up with him.

“Ge, we’re gonna get dessert.” She hollered before walking inside the house with him, leaving Lay, Kai and Kris with Minah.

 

“Is she like you… enemy?”

Myungsoo just sat still on the table. They were on the kitchen.

“Myung… are you okay? Ya jerk.” Eunji uneasily shifted her weight on her other foot. Myungsoo was acting all weird and it creeped her out.

Finally, he looked up.

“She… I know her.” He mumbled. Eunji rolled her eyes. “Obviously.”

He ignored her response and closed his eyes briefly.

“What Kai is to you now, she was to me.” He muttered.

Eunji’s eyes rounded.

What Kai is to her? Kai is her bestfriend, but she… she loves him differently. She gasped at the realization. “Are you s-saying that…?”

“She was my first love, Jiji.”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________