Skydiving

Can We both Win?

 

NARRATOR

 

“Oh, you’re home.” Lay mumbled while stuffing himself with whatever it was served on the breakfast table. Eunji rolled her eyes and sat across him. Kris sat right beside her.

“Oh, I’m not home. This is just an image of me, a talking 3D image. Cool, huh?” She deadpanned. Lay twitched his lip. “Maybe this is the reason why I hate you here. Oh wait, not maybe. I seriously hate you being here.” He did those weird finger movements, clicking his tongue. “Na-ah girl. You ain’t got the swag to please me.” He mimicked those usual roles in movies, a smirk plastered on his face.

Eunji gaped at him before snickering. “You’ve got to be kidding me, Gege. You’ve gone bonkers.”

Kris placed his glass down. “Okay kids, calm down.”

“Stop acting so mature, Yi Fan.” Lay  shrugged, not even glancing at Kris as he spoke. Kris glared at him. “Stop being so immature, Yi Xing.”

Eunji crossed her legs. “Stop being so pretty, Jia Li.”

 

Lay and Kris turned their heads to her with disbelieving looks. Lay scoffed, rubbing his hands together. “Did you just… praise yourself?”

“No. I just mimicked what the girls in school always say.” She grinned, stabbing a waffle with her fork. Lay laughed boisterously, slapping the table while he shook with laughter.

“The girls in your school must be blind then. You’re a fatass!”

“And you are a unicorn.” She stuck her tongue out. Kris tapped his chin. “I think it just runs in our genes, you know. Damn what a gene pool we have. We could be gods and goddesses.”

Eunji agreed, hi-fiving the supposed to be cold quiet man. However, Lay was still in a daze. He hates being called unicorn.

He groaned and flung his hands up. “Since when did the unicorn name start, anyway?!”

Eunji grinned, enjoying Lay’s scrunched up face. “Well let me see, hmm, oh! Since you started growing horns..”

Lay opened his mouth to talk back, but she cut him off. “But… you’re growing two horns… there on your head… so that makes you not a unicorn then…” She her chin in feigned concentration.

Kris pressed his lips into a thin line to suppress his laughter. Lay shot the older one troubled glances but he was ignored.

Eunji jerked up on her seat and beamed. “That makes you a devil, ge.” She winked. Lay rolled his eyes and scoffed. “So what now? You’ll be calling me your devil gege?”

She shrugged and went back to eating. “Nah. Unicorn suits you more. You’re too innocent to be a devil, right, Kris Ge?”

“Too innocent.” Kris muttered.

Lay had his mouth agape. “You guys are unbelievable.”

“I missed you too.” Eunji smiled innocently.

 

Eunji whined, walking around the room with a distorted face. “I told you to enroll me already! I even sent you the documents! Ugh, I should’ve told Yi Fan Gege! You’re useless. Useless!”

Lay put down the car magazine he was reading and looked at her pointedly. Her voice was shaking up the living room.  “Look woman—“

“What?” She snapped, creases on her forehead.

He shrugged, annoyed that he was cut off. “Okay, look, fat-—“

“Ya!” She shot him a disdained look.

Lay rolled his eyes, unbothered. “We all know Kris is the responsible one, and I’m always busy, so you made a mistake in asking me. And, it’s your enrollment! Why would you make me do it?” He clucked his tongue in disapproval and crossed his arms.

Eunji scowled. “I just got home from China, of course I’m already late. I was expecting some initiative and concern from my DEAR COUSIN.”

Lay sobbed fakely. “Too bad. Your dear cousin is lazy.”

Soon enough, Eunji was already sitting beside him, her head leaning on his shoulder. She looked up and batted her lashes. “Well, my handsome lazy cousin, can you accompany me to the campus then?”

It was her last resort. Darn, she would ask Kris for this. But since the dragon was busy, she had no choice. And Lay… she knew his weakness. Her aegyo.

Lay cleared his throat. “That, fatass, won’t work on me.”

She pouted and blew a raspberry. “I always thought you care for me….”

She smirked inwardly when Lay tensed. “F-fine! Dress up!”

 

“Oh I really love Kai Oppa! He’s so hot and… just… did you see his body? Heaven!” A girl dreamily looked up, fanning herself. The other girl, who appears to be her friend, nodded vigorously. “I know right?! He’s the definition of a god. But... you know what?”

“What?” The first girl pouted. “Myungsoo Oppa is so bad-, I’d love to be her bad- girlfriend!” The other one giggled, clasping her hands together.

The first girl squealed. “Me too! I’d love to ride in that scary looking motorcycle he rides!!”

 

Eunji literally gawked at the girls. She rolled her eyes and looked at Lay. “Are they relly like that?”

Lay looked at her boredly. “What? Who? The girls?” She nodded and scrunched her nose. “They’re so… giggly and I don't know, desperate?”

“I think it’s time for you to appreciate other guys too, Jiji. I mean—Jongin is not the only guy in the world.” He shrugged. Eunji looked at him, wide-eyed. “No! Jongin’s the only guy I’ll ever appreciate. Ever.”

“Did you even contact him?” He scoffed. She shook her head. “Surprise, surprise.” She giggled to herself.

Lay sighed heavily and looked around. “Here’s the deal, fatass. Give this to the registrar’s office and meet me here again, okay? I’m dying for a cola.” He patted her head and placed the envelope of files in her lap. “Don’t get lost.” With that he swaggered away.

Eunji stared at Lay’s back and shook his head. “As always, he’s useless.”

 

 

“Registrar… registrar…registrar…” She mumbled, looking at the different rooms as she passed by. She stopped, exhaling heavily and stomping her foot. “I give up! Darn resgistrar!”

She turned around to hear some yawning.

A guy with jet black hair in a leather jacket blinked back at her.  He was apprently leaning on the corridor walls, sitting on the floor. She almost flinched with his piercing stare. He stretched his arms and raised his brow at her.

“What the hell are you doing?” He asked, hint of annoyance in his tone.

“You know, just skydiving. What else, looking for the office.” She rolled her eyes. Her mood was already pretty ruined, and she wasn’t in the mood to talk to sleeping dudes. Who the hell would sleep in the corridor where many people pass by?

The guy’s lips tugged into an amused smirk. “Registrar?”

She turned and looked at him hopefully. Okay, maybe this sleeping dude will be helpful. He yawned again before eyeing her from head to toe.

“So… are you gonna tell me where the registrar is?” She muttered, somehow uncomfortable with his stare. He shook his head. “Nope. Go ask someone else and stop disturbing sleeping people. Gosh, girls these days can be so dumb.” He whispered the last part, but she caught it well. Really well.

Her nose flared as she looked at the guy who went back to sleeping. *Dumb? You bastard! I hope someone steps on you there.*

She walked away when the door to her front opened. She stopped, looking at the sign.

REGISTRAR

formed an ‘o’. *Why didn’t I see this?* Blood rushed to her cheeks in an instant, embarassed. She turned her head to see the guy smirking evilly with his eyes closed. Her lip twitched as she stormed towards the office.

Myungsoo opened his eyes and chuckled. “Skydiving, really.”

With that he shook his head and closed his eyes once more.

 

 

______________________________________________

 

hey guys! firts chappie's up! tell me what you think! :)