A GREAT DEAL OF EMINENCE

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

I haven’t noticed the days passing. After the beach incident, the five of us haven’t met together again. Tiffany and I got busy with schooling while Yoona was already busy with her acting career. She just debuted a month ago that really made her busy these days.

I counted the months, it has been six months. We’re already on our second semester at the University. I heard from Tiffany that Jin Yeonand Yong Hwa were already reconciled. Well, she doesn’t have to tell me about it, it’s already out on the tabloids. Lots of headlines about me and my friends went out. My pictures were already post through the internet, including my bio – data. Well, I don’t know where they got these facts, I don’t care at all. I’ve been reading our news over and over again, can’t believe that the fame we’re having has no ends.

Seo Joo Hyunis the daughter of Mr. Seo Joon Seok, the owner of the ABC Entertainment Inc. She’s currently studying at the Seoul University majoring Interior Designing. We sited her parking her Porsche – Techart 911 Turbo at the University, a proof of how wealthy they are. She’s been hanging out with Jung Yong Hwa’s (CN BLUE) younger sister, Jung Tiffany, who is also majoring Interior Designing. Guess the elite girls really hang out well while chatting about their prosperity...

Another is Yoona’s, it reads:

Im YooNa, the newest face in the acting arena, is known to be the daughter of the famous fashion designer Im Yin Hye. Her immediate fame really caught the public’s attention. Rumours had been spreading that she has a deep connection with owner of the ABCEI, that’s why her fame was hasty. We had also heard that Miss Im YooNa is the ex – girlfriend of the famous actor Leeteuk...

After the cafeteria incident, Yoona promised not to visit us again at the University. She’s been furious the day she read about her news about Leeteuk. Whenever she got interviews from talk shows about it, she always hesitated to answer and joked to move on to another question.

There’s also for Jin Yeonand Yong Hwa.

CN BLUE’s vocalist Jung Yong Hwa revealed that his relationship with his girlfriend Seo Jin Yeon had been awful the past months. He said on an interview on the radio, Jin Yeonand I are having a bad time the past months. Maybe it’s because of our busy schedules that we seldom have time for each other, but we’re okay now...’Well, if it’s okay, then their fans will really be happy with it...

I felt jealous for the first time. Yeah, I like Yong Hwa, but Jin Yeonowns him. I am not hoping that he would like me too. Maybe this feeling would just elapse as the time goes by. But how can it fadeif I constantly see the guy? 

Yong Hwa has been coming to my house every other week. He started coming to my house last two months ago. He would come every Sundays to say ‘hi’. His face is always tired when he comes, it seemed that he’s from his work.

Actually it looked like he’s just one of my housemates. He would look for me when he arrives and when he sees me, he will just suddenly lie on the sofa by the living room and sleep. When I’m not home he would wait for me and when I arrive he would welcome me and after that he would sleep on the sofa. It has been his routine since then.

I was making one of my requirements when someone knocked at my door. Yoona and Tiffany came in.

“Ya,” I was surprised. It’s Sunday. I’m expecting that Yoona would not be around because it’s her shoot’s schedule. Joon’s rest day is Sunday, I thought Tiffany would have gone to see him.

“You seemed surprised?” Yoona joked.

“Isn’t it obvious?” I agreed.

“The shoot has been moved tomorrow because most of the staffs are all going to assist Joon – oppa’s Black Berry advertisement. They switched the schedules because Joon has no other time. He will be leaving overseas the next days to launch his new album,” Yoona answered casually. Both of them sat on my bed.

“Are you okay with it Tiff?” I asked Tiffany who hasn’t talk since they came in.

“I got nothing to say, it’s his work, he needs to do it,” she answered and then smiled. “He said to come over after his shoot.”

I nodded as a response.

I looked at Yoona pointing and counting her fingers then she suddenly spoke.

“It’s been six months since the day we’ve gone to the beach.”

“Yeah,” Tiffany agreed. “I think this day will be our reunion.”

“Yong Hwa – oppa’s not around, how can it be a reunion?” I opposed them.

The two of them grinned and Yoona spoke.

“He’s downstairs, sleeping on the sofa,” she said teasingly.

I was surprised, usually Yong Hwa would come every other week. He’s here last Sunday and if he would come he would always look for me before sleeping.

 “Your acting is really great,” Yoona stated. “You seemed really, really surprised.”

“I am not acting, I don’t---“ I stopped because Tiffany blocked me with a silly question.

“Are you hooking up with my brother?” She asked me smiling.

I became dumb founded. Did she just ask that question?

Tiffany talked again. “I heard from Yoona that oppa’s been coming every Sunday to see you.”

“He’s not coming every Sunday---“ I was blocked by Yoona’s statement.

“Every other Sunday I presume,” she said with teasing eyes.

I shook my head out of nonsense. These two are teasing me to Yong Hwa. I don’t need to be defensive, these two will not quit on teasing me if I continue denying it.

“I would kill just to have you as my sister – in – law,” Tiffany joked.

“Who would you kill?” I asked her jokingly.

“Your foster sister,” she answered then frowned. “I’ve seen her with Sun Kye at the department store when I went shopping alone. Yoona and you where at Uncle Joon Seok’s place for dinner that time and Yong Hwa – oppa and Joonie were busy with their schedules. They were with another two guys. When they saw me they suddenly vanished. If the two guys would have been their friends, they should have introduced them. But they ran off that really made them looked guilty.”

“Did you tell Yong Hwa - Oppa about it?” Yoona asked seriously.

Tiffany shook her head and spoke. “He’ll not believe me again. They just reconciled, I don’t want to impede.”

Yoona just agreed and nodded. “That girl is really a . Guess you like S for Yong Hwa - Oppa?”

“Of course, I told you, I would kill just to have her as my sister – in – law,” Tiffany answered.

Both of them laugh as I shook my head gradually.

I looked at my watch, its still 5:30PM.

“What time will Joon - Oppa arrive?” I asked Tiffany.

“He said he would come over around seven or eight o’clock,” Tiffany answered looking at her watch.

“There’s still time to cook. What do you want for dinner?” I asked them.

“Chicken soup,” Tiffany answered. “I haven’t eaten it for a while.”

“Yeah, she’s right.” Yoona agreed.

The three of us went downstairs. The two of them went to the living room while I went to the kitchen to check if there’s still chicken meat at the fridge. When I opened the freezer, there were pork and beef, no chicken meat. I decided to go to the market to buy some.

I went upstairs to get my car keys and my jacket. As I reached the living room, Yoona, Yong Hwa and Tiffany were talking and laughing. All of them looked at me.

“Are you planning to cheat?” Yoona asked me.

“Waeyo?” I frowned at her. I was puzzled by her question.

“You’re going out to buy cooked chicken soup, let us eat it and lie that you cooked it,” Yoona answered my frown.

“That may be a great idea but I’m not doing it. I’m going to the meat shop to buy chicken meat. We’re out of stuck.” I answered boldly.

“Oh,” she responded.

“I’m going with you, I’ll drive,” Yong Hwa interrupted.

“You seemed tired. I can do it on my own, I’ll be quick,” I told him concerned.

“No, I’m going,” he stated full of authority and then he smiled, “and I’ll drive.”

“Mushy~~~” Tiffany and Yoona teased.

Yong Hwa laughed and I laughed along.

As we were riding the car I remembered that I haven’t brought my wallet.

“Turn around,” I suddenly told Yong Hwa.

“Why?” he slowed down but did not turn around.

“I left my wallet,” I answered.

“I thought you were perfect, but you’re getting forgetful lately young lady,” Yong Hwa grinned. “It’s okay I have some money here.”

“I’ll pay you later at my place,” I said politely.

He laughed and looked at me directly to my eyes. His eyes were really tired but were always charming. He looked down to my shoulders then he looked at his body.

“Why are you wearing the same colour as mine?” he suddenly asked.

I looked at my jacket, I’m wearing a red jacket and when I looked at him he’s wearing red long – sleeved shirt.

“I don’t know and why aren’t you wearing your jacket? Aren’t you cold?” I suddenly asked him concerned.

“I forgot it, it’s in my car,” he answered then laughed. “It’s okay, with you by my side I already felt warm.” He looked at me meaningfully and smiled his arresting smile. No tears please! I smiled back shyly then I turned to face the car’s windows by my right.

What is this guy saying? I feel uncomfortable whenever he acts like this.

“I read the news about you and Jin Yeon,” I changed the subject.

He did not respond. I looked at his face, he’s frowning. I did not talk again. We remain silent until we reached the meat shop. When we enter the shop we went directly to the chicken section. Yong Hwa was the one who negotiated the retail and paid the bills. He was always a gentleman in every way. Jin Yeon would be very joyful having a guy like him.

We were about to ride on my Porsche when two teen – ager girls went yelling towards Yong Hwa. He was shocked but managed to smile at them.

“Yong Hwa – oppa, can we have a picture with you?” said the curly girl. She’s holding a Polaroid on her right hand.

“Sure, sure,” Yong Hwa replied smiling.

Yong Hwa’s really good with his fans. I looked around. There were no other people around. Maybe because it’s almost night, people had already gone home.

“Miss, can you---“ the other girl with short hair talk to me but was baffled. She evaluated me then she spoke once more. “Seo Joo Hyun?”

I looked at Yong hwa, he shrugged his shoulders and spoke. “You’re famous.”

“Yes it’s Seo Joo Hyun,” the curly girl confirmed amazed.

The two girls screamed.

“You’re really beautiful in person,” the short –haired girl said.

“Thank you,” I responded shyly.

The two girls asked us to have a picture together. First, I took their picture with Yong  Hwa individually then he took ours. Lastly they took a picture of Yong Hwa and me together.

We bid our goodbyes and rode off.

“I’m not even a singer or an actress, why did they ask to take a picture with me?” I asked out of nowhere.

“You’re the daughter of Mr Seo Joon Seok, it’s a big deal,” he answered looking at me and then to the road.

I shook my head out of contemplation. The fame was really a big deal to them. But I always oppose the great deal of eminence. It’s not a great deal if they are in my position, having this eminence is really frustrating and troublesome. You can live a normal life even this eminence is absent. Well, that’s my own opinion I don’t know to others.

When we arrived at my house I went directly to the kitchen and cooked our dinner. Nanny helped me. As soon as the dinner was prepared, Joon arrived.

“Oh, he’s here,” Yoona exclaimed.

“You’re really good at timings,” I heard Tiffany joked by the living room and the others laughed.

I left the other preparations to Nanny to call them.

“Yeah, he’s really good at it,” I interrupted. I get used to this group making noises. I’m happy that the five of us is here now. I felt proud about it. “Dinner’s ready. Let’s dine.”

We ate a lot and chatted a lot. They left by ten o’clock, saying we still have classes to attend to the following day.