MORE BUTTERFLIES IN MY TUMMY

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

 

The fashion show with Imo Yin Hye really made things worst. More paparazzi and teen-age fans stalked around my space. Nanny and the guards have a really big time making them leave. Dad found about it so he added the security in my place.

                I told him not to, but I can’t win over him.

                I looked at the blue – uniformed big guys at the gate by my glass window. They were respectfully making the paparazzi leave. It was still early in the morning so I just stared blankly at the situation outside, hoping that this problem I’m having now will soon pass out.

                I decided to do other things. No class, since it is Sunday. Will Yong Hwa come today?

                I shook my head out of the thought.

                I entered my closet and found the boxes that my mom sent me. Some of the boxes were still unpack.

                I first ogle at the pink box, it was the “J” box. Remembering the days I receive the gifts from “J” who I know was the American geek Jerald, I just smile at the thought.

                The gifts he gave me were really useful so I decided to use them in my room. There is a cute pink lampshade, a cute cat – head – handled cup, fluffy socks, pink neck pillow, and a tape inside an envelope. This was the last gift I receive from him.

                I arranged the things inside my bedroom. I placed the lampshade beside my white round table so I can use it while reading. I also placed the cup and the envelope on my round table. Then I situated the fluffy socks and the neck pillow at the sleeping wear unit inside my closet.

                I was about to get the tape and listen to it but my phone rang so I hurriedly answered it.

                It was Tiffany.

                “Yeboseyo?” I spoke.

                “Joo hyun, can I come over?”she asked, her voice was lively. “I need to talk with you about something.”

                “Can we not talk about it on the phone?” I sound funny with my question, I wished I didn’t ask that.

                “Ya, are you telling me that you don’t want me to come over,” Tiffany on the other line whined.

                I really like her voice when she does this whining to Joon – oppa. “Ande,” I answered quickly. I looked at the gate again by my window, few paparazzi were still there. “It’s just that paparazzi were all around my place, and it’s too early.”

                “Don’t mind them, I can handle them,” she said smugly.

                “Sure you can,” I agreed sarcastically.

                She just laughed on the other line.

                “What car will you use?” I asked her.

                “Waeyo?” she asked puzzled but then answered, “I’ll text you when I will be on my way. I’m not yet sure what car will I use.”

                “Arasso, I just want to inform the security what car you will be using so they will open the gates directly. The security is heating here, you know,” I explained to her.

                She laughed before she spoke, “It only means you’re in demand these days.”

                I laughed along with her, “Ya, maybe you want to replace me here,”

                “No thanks, being Joonie – oppa’s girlfriend and Yong – Hwa oppa’s younger sister is already enough for me,” she cracked.

                We laughed out.

                “Where’s Yoona?” she suddenly asked me.

                “Sleeping at the living room without washing up. She just arrived from her shoot.” I answered.

                “Ew. That lazy girl, she should have been totally worn out,” she commented. “Okay, I’ll just call you again when I’m on my way. I need to freshen up before going there.”

                We bid our goodbyes and dropped the call.

                I also freshen up and nagged Yoona to transfer to her room. It took me almost an hour to force Yoona.

                I asked Nanny to prepare delicious foods since Tiffany is coming over.

                Couple of hours later, Tiffany arrived just as the half – awaked Yoona begged for something to eat. Her face was really stressed out.

                “You need some rest, girl,” Tiffany guided Yoona to the kitchen.

                “Good thing I asked Nanny to prepare delicious foods,” I added.

                Yoona just sat on the chair by the dining table and waited while Nanny prepared the food.

                “Ya, about the thing that I can’t talk to you on the phone,” Tiffany started.

                “De?” I asked.

                “Oppa and Jin Yeon broke up,” she spoke full of delight.

                I don’t know what to say. I don’t know how to react.

                “Ya, no celebration?” Tiffany asked disappointed.

                Yoona, who was just silent moments ago suddenly felt energized. “Let’s call for a celebration, S.”            

                I just smiled at them.

                The guy I fell in love with for the first time is already single and available.

                I suddenly felt the butterflies in my stomach.

                It means that I am overjoyed.

                But why can’t I express it in liberty? Maybe I just lack expressions sometimes. Am I the Ice princess?

                “Aigoo,” I sighed.

                “Wae?” the two asked disappointed.

                I shook my head.

                “She lacks expression, I remembered,” Yoona clarified to Tiffany.

                Tiffany laughed out of relief.

                We talked about the break up, that Yong Hwa followed Jin Yeon to her shoot, but when she came out from the studio she was with another guy hugging her, and then Yong Hwa broke up with her just that instance.

                That was too fast.

                We talked some more until Yoona decided to sleep back and Tiffany said she’s having a date with Joon – oppa.

                I was left alone at the living room wondering about Yong Hwa.

                I stared at the closed entrance door for how many minutes then it suddenly turned into a fairytale. The princess was waiting for her hero then the locked door where the princess was confined suddenly swung open and the prince charming suddenly showed.

                Omono! Is there anyone more handsome than the man in front of me? His sight really gives me more butterflies in my stomach and I can barely breathe.

                It’s maybe because of the news that I heard earlier. I think I shouldn’t be around him anymore, because I might fall even harder knowing that he’s available now.

                There, the arresting smile he always gave me was present today and the butterflies inside my stomach are now flying around my head. I felt dizzy with the radiance the sight in front of me is giving.

                “Anyong,” he greeted me. “Ya, you seem to have seen a ghost.”

                “Yo~ng,” there I go again, the prolonged name I birthed him.

                He laughed mildly then he mumbled something that I cannot hear.

                “De?” I asked.

                “Hyu~n,” he just spoke.

                I pouted as he said my name. “Oppa, you said something.”

                He suddenly felt surprised and looked at me astonished, “You just called me, oppa?”

                “Huh?” what’s about the word oppa that shocked him? “Oppa? Of course I’ll call you oppa, you are two years older than me.”

                He just grinned and shook his head gradually.

                “Waeyo?” I asked still puzzled with his reaction.

                He waved his hand at my face saying, “Ande, ande, arasso. You’ll call me oppa because I’m older than you. Yong – oppa.”

                I just let it pass. “Oppa, Tiffany just went here.”

                “De, we happen to pass each other’s car and just waved,” he answered.

                “Waving while driving?” I asked. They could meet at an accident doing that.

                “I’m here now, so, kwenchaneyo,” he smiled smugly.

                I just shook my head and offered him something to eat. He seemed not stressed today. He was lively. Maybe because one of his problem was solved.

                Joo Hyun, who told you that Jin Yeon is Yong – oppa’s prob? I reprimanded myself.

                “Ya, stop moping there,” Yong – oppa interrupted my thoughts.

                “Anyo.”

“You eat, too,” he offered.

                “I’m full,” I answered.

                “Arasso,” he continued eating while I look at him.

                This guy in front of me is really making the butterflies in stomach fly excitedly. Before the mixed emotion suddenly tears out I excused myself to go back to my room.

                “Oppa, I need to go---“

                “Hyu~n, won’t you entertain your guest?” he suddenly was buzzing.

                “But oppa---“

                “Arasso,” he then agreed then added, “Mind if I sleep at your living room?”

                I shook my head verily.

                He smiled again the arresting smile that always awakes the sleeping state of my delirious heart.

                Before anything bad might happen that moment I suddenly face him backwards and walked but he held my hands.

                I looked at him, he was still smiling. Tears, please don’t come out yet.

                “Wae?” I asked.

                “Can I have your mobile number?” he asked. He did not let go of my hand yet.

                “De,” I gave him my number then hurriedly walked away.

                I forgot to ask back for his number but I think it was okay than letting him see the tears I was feeling because of the uneasiness that arresting smile made me.

                As I enter my room, the uneasiness I felt around him break through. The tears fell freely.

                Why am I always like this whenever I felt mixed – up?

                I calmed myself and lay on my bed.

                I was thinking of Yong oppa and Jin Yeon’s break up that I did not notice that I fell asleep.

                When I woke up a note was beside me.

                Hyun.

                                I can’t say goodbye to you personally since

Nanny said you have fallen asleep up there.

I need to be early for our practice so I better go now.

                                See you some other time, and please let me see again the honest

                                smile you  have that makes my stressful day lighten up.

                                Call you later.

                                                                                                                “J”

                “J”?

                The way he writes the ‘J’ was really similar to the initial Jerald puts on the gifts he gave me.

                I looked at the big bear beside me and compared the ‘J’

                It was really identical.

                How can that be?

                I know one thing for sure, Jerald knows Yong – oppa.