VERIFICATION

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Days. Weeks. Month. Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Days.

 

I’ve been counting.

 

It was already one month, ten days, and twenty hours since the last time I saw Yong Hwa – oppa. Honestly speaking, I miss him.

 

The gang wasn’t hanging out that much, too because our schedules will not meet. How many times have I tried to call him, but my pride would not let me.

 

Of course, he send me messages to tell me that he loves me and misses me, like nothing happened. I and my pride will not let me reply to him, and wouldn’t also answer his calls.

 

But even though I showed a cold side, he would still continue sending me SMS full of love. But one thing he never made was come to my house and beg for forgiveness. Of course, knowing a girl’s mind, she will never lose her guards down whenever it comes to a war with his boyfriend.

 

But was there really a war?

 

Among the gang, only Yoona knows about it. I would like to tell Tiffany about it, but I know she’s busy enough to worry about her upcoming showcase than wasting her time worrying about me and Yong Hwa – oppa.

 

It would be a bother for Shaine, too, but the next day after that confrontation, Shaine went back to New York. Nanny told me that there was an emergency that she can’t even say goodbye to our friends anymore including me.

 

Just days ago she called me and said that she was really sorry for not saying goodbye. But she already made my schedule for the whole two months for me not to worry. She said she’ll be continuing her studies again, saying she would proceed in becoming a doctor. Well, I’m happy for her, though.

 

I prepared mysleft on leaving to pick something to wear for the Tiffany’s showcase this coming Friday, two days to go. Yoona and Shaine are not there to help me, so I would just go to our company’s favourable dressing boutique.

 

I was about to insert the key to the keyhole of my car when someone called me. it was really a familiar woman’s voice.

 

I turned around and dropped the key I am holding.

 

I set my eyes on the two good – looking woman right in front of me.

 

It is mom and Yin Hye Imo.

 

Just right in time.

 

I ran towards mom and give a warm welcoming embrace then kissed her on the cheeks. I also hugged Imo and kissed her.

 

We went inside my house and Mom was really astonished with my house.

 

“Really typical of you, dear,” she said while scanning the whole house. “Very well – designed house. This house is good for a family.”

 

“Sis, you’re darling has a boyfriend as what I’ve heard from Yoona.” Imo spoke beside me.

 

“Yeah, she told me already. Speaking of the rock star, when will I meet him, dear?” my mom spoke with her sophisticated tone.

 

Ottokeyo? I can’t give mom a bad impression with my love affair. I just can’t say directly that ‘we had a fight, omma.’ It’s not like that.

 

“Soon, omma,” I lied. “Maybe... on Tiffany’s showcase.” Omo~! I really felt bad now.

 

Nanny cooked food for them and I asked the two to rest but they declined it, they said they already had a good rest since they arrived yesterday. Then they asked me where I was going to.

 

“Are you going to meet him, now?” asked Mom.

 

“Why not officially introduced him to us, too?” Yin Hye Imo added.

 

“Anyo, anyo... I’m going to the dressing boutique to pick a dress for the showcase,” I answered them politely.

 

“We’ll go with you then” both spoke at the same time.

 

Right! Just right!

 

I was literally exhausted when I finished choosing a dress, actually, it was not me, it was the two women who chose a dress for me. I think I tried a hundreds of dresses before finding the right one.

 

“You know what??” Imo Yin Hye thrilled.

 

“What?” Mom followed.

 

“There’s a cafe Seo Hyun brought me, it’s really a nice cafe.” She said.

 

“So what are we waiting for? Kacha!”

 

I was really tired but since they don’t know where to go, I drove all the way to Sweet Holiday’s.

 

I really don’t want to come here, it would just ruin my mood remembering that Yong Hwa – oppa haven’t apologized yet. And right now I was sitting on the same seat where all the things happened. Good thing, that instead of a guy sitting right beside me, there were two bubbling woman subs.

 

I just ordered Frapp, my usual thing. The two women continued talking while I played with a coin. It was a change earlier when I paid the bill. I lost grip of it so it fell and rolled, rolled, rolled then it stopped when it reaches the pair of black shoes.

 

The guy owning the shoes picked up the coin and stood up from his chair. He was coming towards me.

 

I was surprised seeing him with his band mates in this cafe, are they regulars here? But a single shadow was missing from them.

 

Jong Hyun - oppa handed me the coin.

 

“Oppa,”

 

“Here, you’re old enough not to play with a coing anymore,” he said while having those dimples.

 

“Mianhe,” I mouthed and bowed.

 

“Kwenchana,” he replied.

 

“Oppa?” Mom asked. “Are you saying, it’s the rockstar? Your boyfriend?”

 

“Anyo, omma. He’s a band mate of oppa. he is Jong Hyun, their guitarist.” I answered directly.

 

“Omo, you’re so handsome ,” the two women ‘fan – girled’.

 

Jong Hyun – oppa bowed, but I know he was just hiding his blush.

 

“Kansahamnida. De, Lee Jong Hyun imnida. Yong Hwa – hyung, Joo Hyun – ssi’s boyfriend was practicing with her sister Tiffany –ssi because they will be having a duet on the upcoming showcase.” Jong Hyun – oppa clarified.

 

The two women just nodded, still mesmerized with his good looking features.

 

“I think having your band mates sitting here with us, oppa would be a pleasure,” I started. “It would be alright, right, mom?”

 

She looked at me then spoke, “De, it would be great.”

 

Jungshin Chingoo and Min Hyuk came just as Jong Hyun – oppa called them.

 

They introduced their selves to Mom and Yin Hye Imo.

 

“Lee Jungshin imnida, I play the base guitar,” says Jungshin.

 

“Kang, Min Hyuk imnida, I play the drums,” introduced Min Hyuk.

 

We enjoyed each other’s company and we talk about a lot of things, but knowing me, I was always out of the picture. I just listened.

 

I excused myself when I received a text message from Jong Hyun – oppa that he wants to talk to me privately at the parking lot.

 

I was scared at first, but knowing the kind Jong – Hyun, I trust him enough.

 

I was waiting for him by the parking lot. Just a few seconds after I leaned on my car’s hood, he also leaned on the hood's free space by my right side .

 

“How are doing with, Hyung?” he finally asked after moments of silence.

 

“Not good, honestly speaking, oppa, I don’t know what to do, but I miss him,” I answered full of sincerity.

 

“You know what, you don’t have to be angry at him, he did not force me to that, I did it willingly. I know I would be rejected, but it helps me a lot in realizing that I shouldn't continue feeling that way anymmore” he grinned.

 

I looked at him, he was looking at the stars above. I also looked above.

 

I also looked at the stars.

 

“I realized now, stars also have problems,” he spoke out of nowhere.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“Just like the falling stars. They don’t know exactly when to fall, where to fall, and how to stop the fall. A person is like that, too. They don’t know when do the feeling start, they don’t know that it would be this person and that person they will be falling to, but the best thing is that a person knows how to stop the feeling because they have minds to let them realized what's right and wrong,” he said calmly but full of wisdom.

 

I just listened to his analogy, he is indeed right. People have a different insight since they have different mindset. Maybe I misunderstood Yong Hwa – oppa. I was really furious that I didn't let him explain himself. Paboya, Hoo Hyun!

 

“No need to worry about Hyung, Joo Hyun. I know he’s just waiting for a right time to talk to you and apologized. You may think that he made something wrong but on the contrary, you know he would never use a friend to end up hurting somebody especially you,” Jong Hyun – oppa stretched and then walked away.

 

Maybe, I need to be more open minded and recognize others point of view, than sticking always to mine.

 

The conversation really checked my personality.