BEWILDERING CONFESSIONS

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

                        “Where is he?” I asked, my tears are already streaming to my cheeks.

 

                    “Anyo, Joo Hyun – ssi, it’s not what you think. Hyung is fine, he is fine. It’s just that...” he paused then stared at me. “Aish!”

 

                          He suddenly got his hanky from his pocket and wiped the tears that were falling from my eyes.

 

                         I remained unmoved. I was embarrassed. Why am I imagining too much lately? I can’t look at Jong Hyun – oppa directly because of it.

 

                      We remained silent for a moment, I gaze at his direction, he was also looking at me. I know that we can’t be like this forever so I spoke, “Did you happen to just dropped by here?”

 

                      “Anyo... actually, I really came here because of you...” he answered lowly. It was really low that I can’t almost hear him saying those words.

 

                        I twitched for a while, thinking, what does he want from me?

 

                        “Joo Hyun – ssi, the earlier the better, that’s what they always say...”

 

                        I was really puzzled by what he is saying, is he about to... Oh no! No way!

 

                      “Joo Hyun – ssi,” he continued. “I would like to let you know that...” no don’t say those words, NO! My head keep on popping those words but I can’t speak it, it won’t come out. “... I like you. I really do like you.”

 

                          “Oppa,” is what I can say.

 

                        What would you do if the handsome guy, who is a close friend of your boyfriend will come confessing to you that he likes you?

 

                      My heart beats faster but it doesn’t mean that it’s beating for him. I was just confused, but not confused whom to choose, of course I would not love any other guy apart from Yong Hwa – oppa. The real thing is that I am nervous, I really don’t know what to do! Sincha!

 

                 I don’t know what happened, but the eagerness to explain to him that the confession was rejected, I spoke without hateful words.

 

                   “This would be the first time I say it to a guy, it was really amazing of you to confess to me directly that you have this feeling for me, other guys haven’t confessed to me since they were intimidated with the wealth I am having. I was really overwhelmed. Overwhelmed but not to the extent that I will like you the same way you like me.

 

                   “Oppa, you know how much I love Yong Hwa – oppa, I love him so much that the confession you made will not change the feeling I am having for him. The confession you made was really a schock for me, but I was thankful enough knowing that my boyfriend’s friend likes me. Kansahamnida.”

 

                    “I know it will turn out this way,” he spoked, his words full of sadness, but there is peace in his eyes. “I just want to set free the feeling I have for you. The past nights was really full of rumbles, I can’t almost sleep on deciding what to do with this feelings, so since you already know this feeling I have towards you, I’m already secure.

 

“ I’m not asking back anything in return, just letting you know is good enough, and don’t you ever worry, this feeling will just be thrown away, maybe not today, but for the coming days, this feeling will surely fade.”

 

I smiled at Jong Hyun – oppa, this guy really has a good heart. “Oppa, I’ll be your friend just as Yong – oppa is your friend.”

 

He smiled back at me, I know it was forced.

 

“I think I must go, rain will pour in no time,” he joked.

 

I just giggled. Yeah, I will not think about this confession anymore. It may be bewildering, but I will just bury it somewhere in my memories, that I may check on it someday and be happy what a nice feeling would it be to know that I love a man unconditionally, no matter what circumstances come.

 

Jong Hyun – oppa left with a forced smile, just a minute or two had passed, I can see the smiling face of Yong Hwa – oppa coming towards me.

 

“Miss me?” he playfully asked me and kissed me on my cheeks.

 

“Who wouldn’t be?” I answered back and kissed him back.

 

“Wow! My favourite,” he took a sip of his coffee them suddenly crossed his eyebrows. “You ordered the coffee way too early.”

 

I just grinned and mouthed “Mianhe”

 

I was enjoying the scene in front of me, funny Yong Hwa oppa forcedly finishes the coffee I’ve ordered, I know he just don’t want to hurt my feelings.

 

He suddenly stared at me and creased his eyebrows for the second time around since he arrived.

 

“Yah! Why is your eyes puffy, did you cry?” he asked me.

 

I was tongue – tied. Why are his eyes so observant?

 

“Ahh...” I don’t know what to say.

 

“You cried?” he asked again.

 

“Oppa, I want to tell you something...” he just nodded his head and I continued. “Before you arrived, Jong Hyun – oppa came here...and then...”

 

“Then?” he was really into the conversation.

 

“Then, he was nervous and stammering and I thought... I thought,”

 

“You thought what?”

 

“I thought that you meet... you meet an accident.”

 

“Y-you tho-ught I me-et an accident and, and you cri-ed?” he was laughing really hard that he can’t speak clearly.

 

“Ehhh, oppa,” I was really embarrassed.

 

“Arrasso, arrasso,” he stop laughing but was still full of awe. “Mianhe. Hyun – ah, oppa is alright. No need to worry.”

 

“You said Jong Hyun came here and was nervous and stammering, did you ask him why is he like that?” he suddenly aksed me.

 

“De... and he said...ahmmm...” I answered full of doubt, whether to tell him or not.

 

He was eyeing me intensely.

 

“Oppa, promised me that you will not hate anybody living in this world after I tell you what he told me,” I made him swear.

 

He giggled then said, “so does it mean that I can hate the aliens living at Mars?”

 

“Oppa, I’m serious,” I’m aware that there was already an edge in my tone.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I promise...just tell me now, palli.”

 

“He told me... he told me that he likes me,” I answered not looking at him, not wanting to see what his reactions would be.

 

There was nothing. Silence, then I can hear a man laugh.

 

I looked at Yong Hwa – oppa, he was the one laughing.

 

“What’s funny with that?” I asked him matter of a fact.

 

“I know that he would confess, actually I arranged him to confessed to you,” he spoke while grinning.

 

What? He arranged this confession?

 

            Jung Yong Hwa was grinning in front of me. I was really annoyed. He is aware of Jong Hyun oppa’s feelings and suggested that he should confess to me.

 

               Normally, guys would be very angry knowing that their friend likes their girlfriend, but this guy right in front of me, was the only one that lets the friend confess to his girlfriend willingly.

 

              “Oppa, how could you?” I am aware that there is anger in my tone now, but I was still calm, calm enough not to shout at him.

 

                  He suddenly straightened and look at me. “Hyun, I didn’t mean to...”

 

               “Oppa, you know what? What you’ve done was not really the right thing to do. I know how understanding you are towards everybody including me, but what you have done only suggest that you are playing with our feelings,”

 

                  “No, I am not. Hyun, I just want to help Jong Hyun’s dilemma. I am confident enough that you love me...”

I cut him off, “there, you are confident enough... yes, I do love you, oppa, but what if it happen the other way around? What if I like him back?”

 

                   “I know you don’t like him back,” he answered, there was confidence in his eyes.

 

                  “The fact that you know that I don’t like him, that he would not have any chances, why still give him a false hope, oppa? You’re just playing with his feelings...”

 

                  “Hyun, I just want him to confess so that it will not bother him anymore,” he tried to explain.

 

                  I just gradually shook my head, “No, oppa. You just want to use him to check the feelings I have towards you. I’m not that stupid not to see this motive you’re doing. You are not only giving a friend a false hope, you are also using him to test the feeling of your girlfriend towards you, and the worst part, I am that girlfriend. Great, just great, killing two birds on a single shot.”

 

             We remained silent for a while, I know he was thinking of a way how to explain to me, to make me understand but I realized something.

 

                  “Wae, oppa? don’t you trust me enough, haven’t you feel the love I’m giving you unconditionally?”

 

                  “I trust you...” he answered.

 

                   “But waeyo? Wae do this?”

 

               “Hyun, I just want to help my friend, no other motive was under those actions, it was just pure help,” he clarified sincerely.

 

                “I really don’t know now, oppa,” I said while massaging my temples. “I just want to go home and rest. Let’s talk about it when our heads had finally found the right words to say.

 

                     I went home directly, driving my Porsche. It is the second time that I was strong enough to stand on what is inside me, that I didn’t even cried a single droplet.

 

                        All I need is sleep, so I wouldn’t have a hard time bugging my head with what just happened earlier.

 

                         Sleep.