DELIGHTFUL SCHEME

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

Two months has passed since the night of sweet revelations. Yong – oppa has been busy with his schedules, balancing school and his work, not to mention I’m already included in his priority.

                He doesn’t go anymore with Joon – oppa in going to the university. I would always see him early in the morning chatting with nanny in our kitchen, fetching me for school was a habit for him. But if he had a work schedule to attend to, he calls beforehand and tells me to drive safely for him and for myself.

                I woke up earlier than my usual “rise and shine”. Oppa called around 4:30 am saying he’ll be leaving to Busan, where his grandfather and grandmother are residing. I remembered they used to live there when he and Tiffany were younger but moved to Seoul when their mom died. He informed me that it’s his gram’s Golden Wedding Anniversary and they need to attend the event.

                We were not able to talk about it yesterday because he was so busy jumping into his schedules. He fetched me early in the morning and dropped me at the university. He drove off to his photoshoot. Two hours later he told me that he’s in the cafeteria of our university to have lunch with me. The gang were also there to avoid hot issues. After walking Tiffany and me to our next class, he bid goodbye saying he needs to go to SBS for his MC recording.  When I was about to climb into Tiffany’s car for a ride home, his car parked right beside Tiffany’s car. Of course, Tiff teased me, and I rode on his car.

                He rode me to my house and then he bid goodbye hastily saying their band will have a late Radio Recording at MBC. After that, he did not text or call until this morning.

                I was so happy with the time quality oppa is giving me. But I’m worried about the risk he is taking. He should also take care of himself. I know it exhaust him a lot thinking about his career, his studies, and also me.

                I gradually shook my head, this month would be a great punishment for me. They will be having the CNBLUE Asian Concert Tour, and of course he will be overseas for the whole month. I will miss him for sure. I already got use to his presence, caring for me, calling me almost every hour I’m away from him, omo~, overseas call really cost a lot though.

                I was about to shower when my phone beeped.

                “Yoboseyo?” I spoke.

                “Hyun,” Yong – oppa’s masculine voice filled my ear.

                “Oppa, wae?”

                “I miss you already,” he paused when I laughed then he spoke again. “You know I’ll be away for a while.”

                “A while? Oppa, it’s a month. How can you say that it’s just for a while?” I pouted.

                “I can see you pouting now,” I can sense that he grinned on the other line.

                “How’s the anniversary?” I changed the topic. Thinking, him being away was not a good idea.

                “It’s good. The old folks were really happy.” He answered verily.

                “Did you enjoy it?” I asked.

                “Yeah, of course. But it would be more joyful if you were here beside me now.” He said lightly.

                “Eh... oppa, you sure have a sweet tongue!” I joked at him.

                “Wae? Don’t you like oppa being a sweet talker?” he asked while laughing.

                “Hmmm...”

                And I can hear him laugh at the other line.

                “Hyun. I won’t be able to drop by later at the university or your house. We’ll be going back to Seoul through a plane, my band mates will be waiting for me there and we’ll be living as soon as I arrive at the airport,” he detailed.

                “It must be tough on you, oppa. Ya, don’t forget to eat your breakfast when you’re overseas.” I reminded him.

                “De,” he answered courtly with a laugh.

                “I will miss you, too, oppa,” I told him verily.

                Then we bid our goodbyes.

                Okay, I commanded myself not to cry the river of tears that was about to fall. I hate the thought of him being away from me.

                I showered for a long time until I know my tears weren’t falling anymore like the water falling from my shower.

                “S?” Yoona who just arrived home from her shoot was wearing those curious eyes on me.

                “Wae?” I asked puzzled.

                “Your eyes... ya, did he hurt you?” she asked changing her tone into dismay.

                “Anyo!” I answered her back but did not look at her as I bowed my head.

                “Look at me, what did he do to you?” she said walking towards me, she held my chin and gently let me look at her.

                “Unnie...”

                I don’t know how did I relate to her about Yong – oppa being away, I just remembered that I was crying and stuttering at the same time when I talked to her.

                “Oh dearie, you do like him,”

                I was aware that I widened my eyes for the reality she revealed right in front of me actually it’s not like. It is...

                “You’re in love, my dear Joo Hyun-ah!” she said smiling. I know she was teasing me with those smiling eyes she’s having.

                I smiled back at her while the tears from my eyes keep on falling.

                I embraced her and she embraced me, too.

                “I think the decision is set now?” Yoona spoke to me. “You will be his girl soon.”

                I just nodded as an agreement.

                Because of my eyes swelling I used my glasses to avoid the keen eyes of my classmates and schoolmates. Of course, it did not avoid Tiff’s tired eyes who just arrived from Busan. I thought she would not come to the university anymore but I remembered it’s her recitation in our History class.

                I told her everything and she was happy for me.

                Day, days, week, weeks, and then it became a month. I thought it would just be a month but it became a month and a week, and a month two weeks.

                For the two weeks extension, he did not call or left a single text message. I don’t know what happened because even Tiff, Joon – oppa, or Leeteuk – oppa doesn’t know what he was doing these past weeks.

                I don’t know why but I felt a pain inside my chest, as if something is stabbing me inside. Am I hurting because he did not communicate for the past weeks?

                I can’t wait more longer so I decided to call him. From the night of the sweet revelation he was always the first one to call or text, I think I need to do my part now. But I don’t know what happened to my fingers that it would not dial his number or type a single text message for him. Is it the girl’s pride? Am I having it now?

                I keep on looking at my touch – screen phone for a long time then it beep. It’s a text message from an unknown number.

                See me at your living room, NOW.

                Is what the text message says.

                I was excited thinking the person who sent this was oppa, and he wants to surprise me.

                I hurried down the stairway to our living room. Just wearing shirt, jeans and my fluffy slippers. As I reached the living room nobody was there. Was the text message a wrong sent message? Aish, this frustrates me more. I went to the kitchen to check if nanny is doing something there since I heard noises from there.

                I was about to twirl and move towards the kitchen when a hand behind me covered my eyes.

                “O - oppa, n - no more games now, is it you? O – oppa?” I was smirking to cover my fright but I know that I was stammering.  

                Then I heard a spray from somewhere near me and felt the small droplets of liquids into my face and all I can remember is complete darkness.

                I WAS NOW blindfolded, I am aware that I’m in a moving vehicle. I can’t hear anything besides the engine of the vehicle I was on. My hands were handicapped in front of me, and was placed on my lap.

                Am I kidnapped? Ottoke? It’s one of the reasons why I don’t want to be a millionaire’s daughter. It’s because of this kidnapping. I know my dad can pay them, but here, being captivated by these ruthless beings is a complete apprehension for me. I can feel my eyes became wet. I’m crying because of the terror I am experiencing right now. I am aware that my sobs became louder. A soft hand held my chin and tries to let me drink something from a glass.

                Of course I am not drinking it. I am not dumb to get poisoned.

                “Ya, drink it! It’s just plain water. If you want to live stop crying and listen to what I say you punk! Drink!” A baritone voice from the left side ordered me.

                Since I need water to calm me, I drink the water they offered. I was really thirsty. I don’t care anymore if I get poisoned. My lips were really dry already and minutes from now I might get dehydrated. I need water to restore my energy.

                After I drank the water I heard the familiar spray again and then again, complete darkness.

                I WOKE UP in front of a very promising view. Am I in heaven now?

                I was lying on the fine white sand and rose petals where everywhere. I stood up and explored my eyes to the very nice scenario right in front of me.

The ocean was reflecting the crimson sky as the sun was setting to the west. The white yacht away from the shore was decorated with lots of flowers around it. I can’t say if the flowers were in different colors for they all look bright red because of the setting sun. Floating candles and flowers were spread throughout the ocean, the candles look like stars, the difference is that they were really close to earth. And the white rowing boat by the shore was also decorated with flowers around it.

                If I had my digital camera with me I would surely capture this scene for the ambience really felt heart – warming.

                But wait! I was kidnapped. How come they let me go in this very attractive and overwhelming view?

                I circle my head, still asking, where am I?

                I looked at the huts to my right, they were familiar. I looked at the villa house, it also look identifiable! Omo! Am I in Joon – oppa’s villa? Waeyo?

                I heard the sweet music of the guitar and look towards the person making it.

                There I saw him wearing a white shirt inside a blue cardigan and match it with his white khakis. He was holding his white guitar and playing with it.

                He is on an improvised stage with his band mates right beside the villa house. Then the sweet voice I’ve been longing to hear for a month filled the air.

                He sang the song he wrote for me. Love light.

                When I look at you my face gets red
When I see you my heart goes thump thump
I talk with shyness like a kid
When I look at you I just smile out of nowhere
like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me

You’re the president of my heart
You’re my chests’ star embroider
I’m Genie for you girl
You make me stop breathing
Whatever you want
Because i love you
There’s no reason for my love you know

You’re a darling
You’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
The shining thing deep inside my heart
My own love light

I love you darling
Give me light next to me whenever
Every night I look at you
And you’re beautiful even when I look at you
You’re my love light

                Seo Joo Hyun, you are not dreaming at all! I reminded myself. You are not dreaming!


When I see you I feel like I’m up on the clouds
It may be immature but I keep doing this
I think love came to me

You’re a darling
You’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
The shining thing deep inside my heart
My very own love light

I love you darling
Give me light next to me whenever
Every night I look at you
And you’re beautiful even when I look at you
You’re my love light

You’re lovely
You’re more blinding than the sunlight up in that sky
You shine the dark places inside my heart
My own love light

I love you lovely
Even if I close my eyes I see you
Looking at you like this
You’re still blinding even when I see you
You’re my love light

                After the sweet song ended I heard the fireworks from my back so I turned around and look at the beautiful lights the fireworks are making. Fireworks by the sea really is great, the colourful lights they are producing were being reflected by the ocean. Another sight that is worth remembering.

                I think it took three minutes for the fireworks to end. Then suddenly the white yacht lighted and there’s a very big banner with bright lights on its edges.

                The banner reads with its bright red print:

                BE MY GIRL, HYUN

                “Be my girl, Hyun,” the masculine voice whom I haven’t heard for a month and two weeks spoke behind me.

                As I twirled around I caught his figure standing right in front of me holding three white tulips. I did not notice how the small white table about my chest tall reached me. It was standing between me and Yong –oppa with a vase on it.

                He placed one tulip to the vase then said “Be” paused and placed the second tulip “My” and finally the last “Girl.”

                It was not a question, it was a command and I need to answer it.

                I felt the tears rushing to my cheeks. I know it was the tears of joy. Oh my goodness! How I love this guy right in front of me.

                I wiped away my tears and covered my mouth as I nodded willingly as a response. I want to say, Yes I want to be your girl! But words seem to be trapped inside my mouth.

I can see clearly the curved in his lips. I know he was happy. He opened his mouth, then closed it, he opened it again, but no words were produced.

                He put his two hands on his back like he was getting something behind him then he produced three white tulips again.

                “Hyun, I love you,” he said then began placing the tulips on the vase one – by – one again. “I” for the first, “Love” for the second and for the last tulip I thought he would say ‘you’ but he said “Hyun”

                I love Hyun. It kept running into my head like a pirated compact disc.

                “Oppa...” I shouldn’t stammer now, I chided myself. “Yo~ng...” Omo~ not the prolong name again. “Yong – oppa, I love you, too,” there, the words I’ve been hiding for almost a year came out.

                “Seo Joo Hyun –ah” he said grinning while shaking his head gradually. “Jashik!” he said then looked at me with those intense eyes again. A smirk marked on his lips.

                I nodded to him as a confirmation. “I love you, oppa,” I repeated.

                He was really happy, I can see it in his face. He walked the gap between us and embraced me tightly for a couple of minutes then freed me but was still holding my waist. He look at me in the eyes and it was late that I realized that he was kissing me on my lips. It was a fine and subtle kiss. His lips were really gentle and soothing. So this is what first kiss feels like.

                It felt like I was floating on air and the things around me stop and was just watching us sharing the love we have for each through this kiss. I felt comforted and protected in his arms. It felt I want to stay in these arms forever. The butterflies inside my stomach were flying crazily inside my stomach. I really felt mixed – up again that it brought tears to my eyes.

                Then I landed on the ground when we stop kissing.

                “What was that?” was all that came out from my mouth. Dumb me, I know that it was a kiss but ‘what was that?’

                Yong – oppa just laugh and then kiss me on my forehead.

                “I will love you until the last tulips dies,” he spoke with sincerity.

                I was puzzled. All of it will torn and die after how many days. Will he love me in days only?

                “Hyu~n, you’ll understand it later,” he answered my thoughts then spoke again. “Shall we?”

                “Where?” I asked puzzled again.

                “To my yacht,” he answered me pointing the white yacht with the banner.

                I shook my head hardly. “No way I am going there!”

                “Let me help you fight your fears,” as he spoke he got something from his pocket. It was a blindfold. Then he blindfolded me.

                I remembered. I was kidnapped. So is the whole kidnapping thing was one of his scheme. Aish! I was surely surprised!

                “Sorry for scaring you earlier, Hyun –ah,” he spoke. He was leading me to... no way... he is leading me to the water.