WHAT’S WITH ME?

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

 I stand there still looking at the post. I can feel how cold the reality stream through my system. I was aware that I was staring blankly at both my picture, my chocolate brown hair way back when I was still the famous SEO HYUN and the black hair of the loner SEO JOO HYUN has now.

Ottokeyo? I can’t handle it on my own. I need my Unnie. I need you here now Unnie.

 I can sense how my uneasiness chills to my nerves.

The picture turned blurry then I felt the liquids flowing through my cheeks then to my chin. I was crying. I want to stop my tears but I think I forgot how to move and wiped it away. I think I lost all my strength, as if it was absorbed and been taken away by my disbelief. I can’t move, I need someone to move for me, and I can’t believe that it was answered.

A pretty girl wiped my tears away using a cottony piece of clothing. Two guys were beside her. The guy with the sunglasses took off his sunglasses and wore it on me. The pretty girl continued wiping, since my tears has no ends under this shades. The other guy with a baseball cap took off his cap and placed it on me. Is this the SOS that I’ve been waiting for, to take me away from this chaotic situation right now?

The girl was talking but I can’t understand her. I was focused on my disbelief, my horror.

“Unnie,” I uttered successfully but it only confused the three people who saved me. “Unnie,” I managed to say again.

They were talking but I was too busy thinking why I can’t utter other words than ‘unnie.’

We were now walking and the guy who put the shades on me held my back to guide me. I don’t know where they are taking me but I just followed. Another guy appeared in the circumstance. I know these people but I don’t even have a single second to think about their names. My thoughts are full of fear and anxiety that I can’t even think of anyone else than my unnie.

They followed the new guy along the familiar pathway. We stopped fronting an office I have already been. We entered the door, the guy who was guiding me let me sat on the settee fronting a table while the pretty girl sat beside me and held my back. She was now again starting to wipe my endless tears.

“Unnie,” is all I can say.

They were talking and mentioned the name Yoona. Yes, I need here. I need Yoona - unnie badly, now as in this instance.

The guy who gave me his cap was calling someone.

A few minutes later the new guy who led us to the office went out bringing a set of keys. Those keys were also familiar. Am I in a state of amnesia that everything was just identifiable?

Yoona came in rushing towards me, she sat beside me and hugged me.

“Unnie... what’s with me?... Why does it always have to be me?... I want to go home... Oh, unnie,” I was amazed that I began speaking again but was aware that I stuttered because of sobbing too much. She faced me, held my shoulders and took off the shades I was wearing. I was aware that I burst more rivers of tears as Yoona console me.

“Everything’s going to be alright, arrasso?” Yoona spoke while robbing my back then she hugged me again.

We remained in that position that I did notice that I fell asleep.

When I woke up, my head was on the pillow above Yoona’s lap. We were inside the SBC office and the gang was complete. And there’s an addition, Leeteuk is also here. I rose and sat up straight. All of them were just quiet gazing at me considerately.

What just happened? I looked at the clock that was affixed above the door, it’s already 10:30am. Did I ditch again my class with these people? I tried to remember what happened, when I saw a poster lying flatly on the table I feel anxious, it reminded me of the post I read this morning. How did I get here? Why are we all here? Oh, I remembered the vague dream, I was crying and the SOS team arrived and we entered an office then Yoona came in consoling me.

No, it’s not a dream. It just happened!

The pretty girl who wiped away my tears is Tiffany who was sitting on the guest chairs fronting the office table. Beside her is Joon. Joon was the one who put on me his baseball cap and was wearing it now. Yong Hwa was the one who wore me the sunglasses, he was leaning on the wall behind the office table and was intensely looking at me. Beside him is Leeteuk, sitting on the chair behind the office table, he was smiling at me. 

“It’s almost our class,” I managed to speak.

The gloomy atmosphere was filled with laughter. All of them were laughing at me. Yoona beside me just shook her head gradually while grinning.

All of us prepared ourselves then I asked Yoona.

“Where will you lair while waiting for lunch?”

She seemed thinking deeply when Leeteuk spoke.

“You can stay here in the office while we go to our classes.” He spoke while looking at the folder he was browsing. “The other councils were also having their classes, they’ll just come here after taking their lunch.”

Yoona thought for a while and said “Okay.”

The atmosphere between them was awkward, they can’t look directly towards each other. But when Leeteuk spoke again he was looking towards Yoona.

“You can use my laptop while waiting for us so you won’t get bored.”

“De,” Yoona replied carelessly.

“The password is... never mind I’m going to turn it on for you.” Yong Hwa and Joon laughed meaningfully. Ya, what’s funny with Leeteuk’s offer? Leeteuk stood up and opened a locker. He took out his laptop with its charger. He placed it on the table and turned it on and later was typing. He spoke again offering the laptop. “Here you go.”

Yoona stood up and sat on the chair where Leeteuk sat just a while ago.

All of us went out from the office and left Yoona.

The boys walked Tiffany and me to our class and they set off after.

As we entered the classroom, I can hear murmurs from my classmates. No need to ask why, they should’ve read the post. I just ignored them and tried to concentrate on our class. 

We all met up on the cafeteria by lunch break. We sat at the farthest area and connected two tables for we are too many for a single table.

The boys were the one who ordered and returned bringing lots of foods.

“Thank you for the food,” we chorused and ate our lunch.

“Oppas, are you aware of the new variety show of the MBC?” Yoona started the conversation. I know he was referring to all the boys since they are all actors.

The three nodded.

“Waeyo?” Joon asked, curious.

“We Got Married, the name’s interesting,” she answered while stirring her orange juice with her straw.

“Do you want to get married now?” Tiffany asked jokingly.

“Ani, the name’s just appealing,” Yoona explained.

“Do you know what the variety show is all about?” Yong Hwa asked Yoona.

“Aniyo,” Yoona answered honestly.

“It’s all about two stars that are randomly paired. They will live together as virtual husband and wife for the rest of the shoot.” Yong Hwa answered carelessly then I saw him glancing at me.

“Living together? As in together in one house?” Yoona asked amazed.

“Only for the shooting days,” Yong Hwa explained. “I think it will be okay since there are lots of staffs around taking the videos, so they will not be alone together. That always goes on variety shows. You just act normally but the cameras are still rolling.”

Yoona just nodded.

They chatted some more about various things, but most are about their endorsements, their shoots and their out coming albums.

We girls went to the powder room and fixed ourselves. After doing every girls routine, we finished fixing ourselves, we went out from the powder room and we were shock when flashes of cameras welcomed us. Paparazzi were everywhere. They weren’t here before we entered the powder room.

Yong Hwa, Joon and Leeteuk signalled us to run away from the paparazzi but we just can’t. There were too many and were pushing each other towards me. I don’t know if I am right, but I can sense that they were all focus to me that they didn’t even see Yoona exit them. Yoona was now beside the three boys and wore her sunglasses just like the boys wore them on. She signalled me to do the same. I think Yoona got use of this commotion and ran off unnoticeably like she would always do whenever she meets this situation, no doubt that she’s an actress.

But I’m not immune with this, I know minutes from now, my river of tears will race down to my cheeks. Tiffany beside me was holding me tightly on my left arm. I know this is also her first time to meet this kind of situation.

When I modelled before, I would arrive later or earlier than the event to avoid paparazzi. But now that I’m not the famous model Seo Hyun, I began experiencing it.

Ottokeyo? Relax! I console myself.

“Please, be gentle and stop pushing each other. I would answer every question that you will throw if you just behave.” I spoke loudly and clearly but with politeness. I don’t know where did I get the courage to speak calmly on this situation but I did manage to.

The paparazzi unexpectedly behave then rushes of questions arose.

“Seo Joo Hyun, is it true that you are the model Seo Hyun?” ask one person

“Seo Joo Hyun, did you dye your hair colour so they won’t notice that you are Seo Hyun?” another one ask.

“Seo Joo Hyun, how come you don’t do modelling anymore?”

“Seo Hyun, why did you choose to hide your identity as Seo Joo Hyun?”

“Seo Joo Hyun, will you accept any offers if they invite you as their model for any products?”

“Seo Joo Hyun, do you want to be an actress?”

Those were just the question that I took notice of.

I signalled the press to stop. All of them stopped but readied their selves for my answer.

“Yes, Seo Joo Hyun and Seo Hyun are one,” the crowd became chattering again. I signed again to keep them quiet then I continued. “I am the famous model Seo Hyun from Los Angeles who modelled for Im Yin Hye. I chose to hide my identity and dyed my hair into jet black because I don’t want to be the issue of the public. I hate fame, to be honest. I want a normal life now, so I won’t come out as an endorser for any products and I never wanted to be a famous actress. Like what I said, I don’t want to be famous. But since the status of my family in this industry oppose it, then I will never escape from the eminence that I am experiencing now. Thank you for listening and please excuse me, I still have other things to attend to.”

I walked away forwardly to the doorway without turning my back. I know that Tiffany was following me and she suddenly asked me.

“Where did you get the strength to do that?” she asked from my back.

I did not answer her because I also don’t know the answer. But we continued walking towards the four stars who were wearing sunglasses.

I know they are waiting for us and when we reached them they congratulate me.

“I know they will not stop until they will find the truth. That’s already enough to let them stay away from me... for a while. I know that someday issues about me will come again, but I have to endure it the same as I endure it just a while ago.” I sated firmly.

They clapped their hands as if I’m making a speech.

I shook my head gradually and grinned.

Yong Hwa was not happy at all, like he was not himself that moment.

I approached him and talked hesitantly that I can’t look at him directly. “Sorry that I lied to you.”

It was like he just woke up from a bad dream then spoke, he was puzzled. “De?”

“Sorry, for lying to you, for not telling you that I’m the Seo Hyun,” I made clear.

He just nodded. His reactions are peculiar this time. I’ve known him for being understanding. Ah, maybe he was still shock with the fact that I am Seo Hyun.

All of us egress the university.

Yoona drove for me and we arrived at my house safely.

Nanny was carrying one medium – sized box among the boxes. The boxes were familiar

“Nanny, what’s that?” I asked curiously.

“Your omma send it. Saying maybe you’ll need it here. I think these are the books some of your fans have given,” she answered.

Oh, that’s why the boxes are familiar. There were five boxes all in all and the pink box caught my attention. Most of the things inside that box were given by Jerald. Among my fans, he gave me the numerous.

I’m amused with the thought, the American geek who used to be my classmate.

“Nanny, please help me bring those to my room,” I requested.

We brought the boxes to my room including Yoona. When all the boxes were in my bedroom, nanny excused herself and went out to cook dinner.

“Seo Hyun’s stuff came back just as Seo Hyun is coming back,” Yoona teased me.

I rolled my eyes and just shook my head slowly.

“Ya, are you ready to explore  Seo Joo Hyun’s world before?” Yoona asked bewitching.

I laughed and nodded.

She chose the pink box full of Jerald’s gift.

Among the five boxes it is also the biggest and heaviest. Nanny, Yoona and I helped each other to bring it upstairs.

She began opening the box and she’s getting things inside. First she showed me the white teddy bear with a blue scarf on its neck. The scarf has the initial “J” on it. It was really big, I remembered being embarrassed bringing a giant teddy bear while going home from school.

Next she took out a white diary, on the lower right was the initial “J” on it. Guess, I might need this diary now. “J” can also mean Joo Hyun or Jung Yong Hwa? I laughed at the thought.

Yoona was still looking inside the box and was still deciding what to show me. She asked in a roundabout manner. “What time is it now, S?”

I looked at my watch answered her. “3:00pm”

“What?” she stood up directly. She seemed surprised. “It’s my press conference for my upcoming album this 4:30. I must go, let’s explore your world some other time then. Anyong!”

She just disappeared out of my sight.

This girl is really irresponsible when it comes to her schedules.

I picked up the teddy bear and place it on my bed’s right side. The white diary was a necessity for me so I can properly organize my schedules.

I moved all the boxes inside my walk in closet so my room won’t be messy to look at. Some other time then, “J” box. I began calling it that way because all of the things there have the initial “J”.