MY STRENGTH IS YOU, OPPA

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

My ears can hear the waves rushing to the shore that I’m stepping on. No way am I going near the water. There’s no way I would do that. My mind panicked but words won’t come out from my shivering jaws.

                The cold water that I am stepping on really brought me Goosebumps.

 

*Flashback*

                The three years old Seo Joo Hyun ran to the shores of the beautiful ocean of one of Thailand’s beach. She had her nanny following her with the beach towel in her hands.

                “Joo Hyun – ah, slowly...” Nanny spoke to her.

                “Nanny, c-cold,” the toddler spoke chilling.

                Nanny wrapped her with the beach towel she was holding. “Okay, your mom and dad are waiting at the hotel. Kacha.”

                “De~” the little girl answered.

                Hours later at the hotel they were staying, they noticed that the beach was already really far. They just didn’t mind it. Just when the family was about to go down to have a light snack, they heard the people by the lobby fronting a large glass window shouted.

                “Tsunami... tsunami...” shouted the man with the grey hairs.

                “My kids are there... no!” said the woman in her middle age.

                The people panicked just as the Seo Family secured their selves and went inside their room. Good thing their room was on the twenty – first floor. They can see clearly by their window as the gigantic wave hit the boats, cottages, houses, cars and the hotel they are staying. All were a disaster.

                The little Seo Joo Hyun cried when she saw the calamity in her own eyes. With her age she can’t understand what was really happening but her intuition as human being tells her that all that was happening is not good. All of it is a bad thing, it’s a terror for her. Then she collapsed.

(Note: Hyun can’t remember any of it since she was really young, but the trauma she experienced still follows her.)

*End of flashback*

                “O-oppa~” is all I can say.

                “I will be here with you, I will protect you,” he spoke behind me as he lead me to step on something dry. I was like stepping on a furniture, I assume it’s the boat that I’ve seen earlier.

                He let me sit a comfortable chair. I can’t see anything, of course, because of the blindfold he put on me. I felt that the boat was moving. It was moving slowly, slowly... then he removed the blindfold.

                Ottoke? It’s the very first I become this close to the ocean. Or, was it?

                “I know there is a much stronger Hyun inside you. I’ve asked uncle about what happened long time ago, and Hyun, you should completely get over it,” Oppa spoke softly, full of concern.

                I don’t know what he is saying, I don’t understand. “What are you saying?” because of wondering too much I forgot that I was in the middle of the ocean, riding in the beautifully decorated boat. My phobia was forgotten.

                “You’ve already seen a true tidal wave, you can’t remember because you were just three years old by that time. It horrified you too much that cause you a trauma,” he explained gradually.

                I don’t know what to say? What a revelation? Why don’t I know all about this?

                I tried to think. Memories came rushing but it was a blurr... big waves rushing just below the window, I am inside with mom... and dad?... living bodies flowing with the rushing waves, then complete darkness.  What are these memories?

                Honestly, this is what I always think of whenever I see large waves. Did I experience it already?

                I don’t know what happened but as I circled my head, I was inside the yacht already. I was sitting absent – mindly on the black sofa. The cabin was elegant, with the motif of black and white, it really shows that the owner of the yacht is a man, very masculine features.

                I looked at the outfit I am wearing. I think I don’t belong in this place. I was wearing my usual outfit, the shirt and jeans, and I am barefooted.

                Yong - oppa placed the vase with the six white tulips on the black center table fronting the sofa that I am sitting on.

                “I will not answer your question about these flowers if you will not tell me why are you moping there,” he spoke with his goofy smile.

                How I love this guy’s smile. It always comforts me everytime I feel down.

                “About my younger years... how did you know all about it?” I asked with a smile. It really feels good when you’re around someone close to your heart.

                He shoved the curtains to each side and it revealed the ocean where the yacht is floating. Waves, there I go again. Oppa is beside me, I should be brave, he promised to protect me no matter what happens.

                I looked back at Yong – oppa then he walk towards me and sat beside me. He spread his hands to the sofa’s leaner and felt his warm hands around my shoulder.

                “First, I want to kiss you,” he kissed me on my cheeks. I felt the blood rushed to my cheeks. “Be use to it, I will be doing it from this day onwards,” he smiled then I spanked him lightly on his cheeks.

                “I am really sorry for the ‘kidnapping thing’ Hyun –ah,” he spoke sincerely.

                “Good thing appa did not freak out about it and called the police,” I mouthed him.

                He laughed then spoke. “Actually, before doing this, I asked uncle if I can court you. Of course, he was surprised. He reacted on how I hooked up with his daughters. But I told him that I really love you, and Yuri – noona was there to support me. I told him about my plan and not to be frightened because the whole gang would be here to help me.”

                “You mean the others were part of the plan?” I was really surprised. I’m aware that I crossed my eyebrows. He held my eyebrows and held my face with his hands. He then crease my cheeks lightly.

                “Smile, sweetie!”It really sounds so sweet knowing it came from his mouth and then I smiled.

                “Yeah, all of them, including Nanny, and my band mates,” he answered then stole a kiss.             I felt my cheeks burn.

                He laughed again with my reaction and spoke, “Jashik!”

                 “What about the tulips?” I asked to cover the embarrassment.

                He let go of me and picked up the six tulips and hand it to me. “I told you that I will love you until the last tulip dies. Five of them are true tulips and one of them is plastic, haven’t you noticed it?”

                I held each of the tulips and he was right, one tulip is plastic. Plastic don’t die right? Of course it’s not a living thing! Paboya! Does it mean that his love for me will not die, too?

                “I will love you forever, Hyun,” he spoke. “I will love you until the tulip dies, so don’t ever kill it, or burn it!” he then kissed me on my cheeks.

                “I will love you, too, always and forever, Yong – oppa,” I answered him back.

                He embraced me and then he stood up. “Shall we?”

                I creased my eyebrows, a sign that what he told me is misleading.

                “A candle light dinner with me under the moonlight,” he then lead me to the top of the yacht.

                In the middle was a round table decorated fancily with lighted candles. The dinner was already prepared and the music began to linger. It was a classic music.

                We sat at the table and eat the dinner that was prepared before us. The dinner was really delicious. After eating I planned to take revenge.

                “Oppa, you love me right?” I ask him with the sweetest voice I could make.

                “Of course I do, no need to ask that silly question. Waeyo?” he asked wondering.

                “If you love me, you’ll do everything for me, right?” I asked again with the sweetest voice.

                “Anything for you, sweetie,” Yong – oppa answered ad held my hand.

                I stood up and lead him to the vacant area where I can see clearly the ocean with the help of the elevation and the moonlight.

                “No way, don’t tell me, you want to dance with me?” Yong – oppa asked me out of relief. He was about to go back to the table but I held his hand and smiled at him sweetly.

                “Oppa, you told me, you would do everything. If you will not dance with me tonight, I will not forgive you for kidnapping me. I haven’t told you that I forgave you already, remember?”

                I grinned when I saw the “out of option” look.

                “Okay... things I do for you... sincha...“ he walk closer towards me, took off his shoes and held my right hand with his left hand. His right hand was on my waist as my left hand was in his right shoulder. "Now, we will dance barefooted under the moonlight."

                We swayed and moved softly with the airing music. It feels like we are the only living thing at the moment. Just two of us dancing under the moonlight, feeling so warm around each other’s embrace. But of course there were lots of moments when oppa stepped on my feet. He was not a good dancer but he was OKAY.

                After the sweet melody ended he planted me a kiss on the lips, the gentle kiss he gave me earlier, have the same feel, like it was the same first kiss we have. Like we were floating on mid –air and butterflies on my tummy flew everywhere they would want to go. I felt assurance that this guy would be my strength, my inspiration, my motivation, to keep this love I am feeling for him.

                It was almost midnight when we decided to go back to the villa, the rest of the gang are waiting there for us, oppa’s band mates were there waiting for us, too.

                We climbed down the yacht into the boat. As I see the waves I can’t feel the same fear, all I know is that here, sitting beside oppa, with his arms around me, no harm will be done to me.

                As we arrived the shore I accidentally fell on the water because I slip by the boat’s paling. Water again, oppa jump and followed me on the water, the water was just waist level so it was okay.

                “Hyun, kwenchana?” his word voice hovered.

                I looked at him and splash a handful of water into his face.

                It was late when we realized that we are playing on the water too much and that we are totally soaked.

                “We might catch a cold, come on,” I told him.

                “De~”

                We walk side by side towards the villa his one arm around my waist. We are laughing at ourselves. We were about to knock when the villa’s door opened by itself.

                The gang went out with party popper in their hands and shouted in chorus.

                “CONGRATULATIONS!” all of them shouted.

                “Ya, it’s not yet our wedding, don’t be too excited,” Yong oppa said.

                All of them teased as I nudged oppa’s elbow.

                “You two, get inside. You are totally wet, you might catch a cold,” Tiffany chided.

                “S, what a nice outfit today, all that we prepared are all elegant, only you are not,” Yoona snorted light – heartedly. She was looking at my dump attire, the usual shirt and jeans.

                “Ya, you should have told me that you will kidnap me, then I would be prepared and get dress properly,” I answered her back.

                The rest of the gang laugh and I laughed along with them.

                What a wonderful evening having a rock star boyfriend, ever supportive friends and new guy friends, namely Jonghyun – oppa, he was a silent type, and I admit he is really handsome, JungShin – chingoo, he is really funny, and I like calling him chingoo, the others also call him that way and lastly MinHyuk, the cute guy the same age as me, he has those really cute eyes when he smiles, killer smile, and we have some similarities, so I think we’ll get along well.

 

Author's note: To my dear subscribers, i'm so sorry for the late update..some personal matters to attend.. i hope you like this chapter... more of some mushiness, romantic moments... just my imagination for my perfect proposal..LOL..it's so funny, it's just courtship for Pete's sake, but it was grand...how about the wedding?will it be more grand or not? or will it be the exact oposite..but to tell you beforehand..it will take some chapters and teasers again for the wedding proposal...please wait...

 

Yongseo fighting!