IF ONLY HE KNEW

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

A tall figure carried me in a bridal way... it was a man. He carried me into a room, but it wasn’t a room... it’s more like a box. I heard something beeped and he was again walking into a hallway. He then carried me into another room, everything was dark... he laid me somewhere smooth and soft, I felt comfortable. He switched on the dim lamp beside where I am laying... a familiar room was revealed. I looked at the figure but he was facing his back towards me... he is walking away... out of the door... out of my life.

                A dream.                             

                Or was it?

                I heard the ticking of the clock situated at the side table beside my bed. I am inside the hotel room that was reserved for me.

                How come I get here? The last thing I remembered is that I was talking to Yong Hwa and... complete darkness.

                My phone rang.

                “Yoboseyo?” I answered.

                “Joo Hyun, it’s past eight already. Where are you? The furniture....” I did not hang up but placed the phone on my bed.

                It was Tae Yeon unnie, and she sound really worried.

                I glanced at the ticking clock once again. It stated that it’s already 8:20 in the morning.

                I remembered that we will be meeting the furniture supplier around 8 o’clock but I am twenty minutes late.

                I was still wearing the same outfit I was wearing last night, so I took off my black blazers and change it into powder blue three – fourth blazers.

                I looked at my figure at the big mirror while fixing my long hair into a messy bun. There’s no time to apply make – up so I hurriedly sprayed the mouth spray that I found on my toiletries placed on the wardrobe. I also sprayed a small amount of my perfume.

                It did not pass my standards, but I think it’s presentable.

                I was about to leave but remembered my phone, but before I hang up “...Hyun – ah! Are you still sleeping? We need you here now..palli,” I heard the edgy voice of Tae Yeon unnie. I thought she already hang up.

                “I’m coming unnie...” I answered.

                I glanced at my figure for the last time and hurriedly got the attaché case which contains all my plans for the renovations.

-----------------------

                I took a deep breath before entering the conference room.

                All the people at their seats looked at me when I opened the large wooden door.

                I bowed and they all bowed as well.

                Tae Yeon unnie stood up and guided me to the center.

                “Present your plans directly,” she whispered.

                She then the projector and my plans where shown. Good thing she already prepared the visuals or else I will end up empty handed.

                “Anyonghaeseyo, Seo Joo Hyun imnida. I am assigned as the chief designer for this interior renovation...”

                I started talking and presented the plans I have for the renovations. I don’t know what words did I mumble but I see all my listeners just nodding in agreement. As soon as I finish, one man whom is not familiar to me talked.

                “So, Joo Hyun –ssi, can you give us any deadline for the furniture supply?” the man asked.

                “The opening of the said hotel is not settled, but I think it’s supposed to open for the next six months. So two months would be fine right? The earlier the better,” I answered politely.

                “You’re plans are very unique that inspire us to do our best to meet your demands. I suppose you would give us enough time to finish all the products that you want us to supply,” the same man suggested.

                “If it’s business, I would say, the earlier the better. But we are talking about quality now, so I would go for slowly but surely. But that’s for my opinion only. I would like to ask Mr. Jung if he agrees with the over timing of the supplier. Mr. Jung?” It was hard for me to control my tone whenever I say his name.

                He blankly stared at me.

                He was sitting at the edge of the table, wearing a black business suit that compliments to his cold aura matching his midnight black hair. It was the first time that I noticed the V – line his face is currently having, I bet he lost a lot of weight since the last time I saw him... two years ago. Right beside him is Il Woo. He retired from staring at me and whispered something to Il Woo.

                “He said he agrees,” Il woo spoke to me.

I was irritated and my mind whinged that he can answer that question on his own, he don’t have to make another person say it.

 “The opening of the hotel is said to be set on the next six months,” Yong Hwa spoke and was now looking at the man who asked me earlier. His face is expressionless.  “But we can postpone it if it’s the case. I’m looking forward to the renovations as well as the supplies. It would be best to make all the preparations perfect and quality – wise.”

The meeting was adjourned and it made me feel grudger.

Yong Hwa’s blank stares and blank expression really made him into a jerk for me. Really!

I was walking towards the hotel’s restaurant and was aware that I am frowning too much that made Tae Yeon unnie, who was tagging along, chide me.

“I think I can hang a dress on your pouting lips,” she spoke while looking at me with her creased eyebrows. “Why so grumpy? Not enough sleep?”

“De,” is all I can say back.

“You left early last night and you’re telling me that you don’t have enough sleep,” she became sneaky. “Tell me the truth, what’s with you and Mr. Jung? Are you ex – lovers?”

“De?” I was shocked with her keenness.

“Guilty?” she continued.

“A-anyo~” I stammered but hoped that she did not notice that.

“As soon as you left me last night, Mr. Jung excused himself, saying that he was really tired and decided to rest early. Yah, did he meet you?” She continued with her teasing eyes.

“Unnie...” I whined. I don’t know what to say. He followed me. Did he?

“Wae? I’m just testing you and you sound defensive. You’re guilty!” she began spazzing. “Guilty...guilty...guilty.“

“Yah, I just arrived and all I can hear is Tae Yoon’s ahjumma voice. What’s with the guilty word?” We did not notice Soo Young unnie coming towards us.

I hurriedly circled my head and was happy not to see Hyun Hwa tagging along with her. Even my officemates doesn’t know about her existence. Another thing is that Yong Hwa is here, I don’t want them to meet. Not now, now that the similarities are very noticeable.

“Where are they?” I indirectly asked Soo Young unnie.

“At the beach, I just came here to notify you and fetch you,” she said full of excitement. “By the way, Shaine is really excited to meet you, and Jong Hyun tagged along with the ever single Min Hyuk.”

I am happy to know that I am not alone being single on tonight’s gathering.

“What? Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk of CNBLUE are meeting both of you?” Tae Yeon unnie’s excitement made her forget about her conclusion earlier.

Poor unnie, even she was close to me, I did not mention about the gang’s closeness. Even the public doesn’t know that we meet often.

“Want to tag along?” Soo Young unnie invited.

I elbowed her secretly.

“Yah, you know you can trust her. Anyways, she’s a secret keeper. We know that, right Tae Yeon?” Soo Young unnie spoke while smiling at Tae Yeon unnie.

“Yah, are you hiding something from me?” Tae Yeon unnie asked. Her expression then changed to surprise. “Omono~ if both of you are close to the CNBLUE members, it’s also possible that both of you are related to Mr. Jung!”

“Mr. Jung?” Soo Young unnie’s face was full of confusion.

“That’s why I notice his face is really familiar when I first saw him yesterday at the lobby, it’s because the ex – leader of CNBLUE, Jung Yong Hwa is Mr. Jung...Don’t you know that he is the new owner of the hotel that we’ll be renovating?” Tae Yeon unnie answered.

I massaged my temples while sinking in the situation, I noticed Soo Young unnie’s surprised face that changed into worrisome.

“Wait... so there is something here,” Tae Yeon unnie concluded.

-------------------

                We were not able to go to the beach directly, since I have some designs to be recopied for the suppliers. I forgot to bring the soft copy of the designs so I called some of my team who are working overtime at Seoul to email me the soft copies. Good thing, Sunny unnie, the one who is working overtime have the designs since she’s one of my assistant next to Tae Yeon unnie, but it took her hours to look for the design, since she forgot where she save the document.

                When I received the document, Soo Young unnie, hurriedly drove me to the nearest printing shop with Tae Yeon unnie, as soon as I printed the designs we returned directly to the hotel.

                When we arrived at the hotel premises I was surprised to see Hyun Hwa by the Hotel’s entrance. Soo Young unnie parked the car at the farthest right side of the parking lot and I went down hurriedly and was staggered with the scene right before my eyes.

                My child was happily waving while running towards us just as a black BMW was on its way towards her.

                “Anyo!” I shouted.

                I closed my eyes and heard the loud screeching of the car.

                I can’t hear anything after the loud noise

                When I opened my eyes, everything around me is happening rapidly and was a blur. Tae Yeon unnie was already beside and she guided me to stand up.

                 I hurriedly turned to the scene and was overwhelmed to see a girl safe under the protection of a tall guy wearing a black suit and dark aviator.  He was hugging the girl and was covering her from the car’s trunk which is inches away from them. Is he the guardian angel of the girl whom is only visible in my eyes?

                NO.

                He’s not an angel.

                He’s Jung Yong Hwa. I’m sure it’s him even under those dark shades.

                The father of the girl, my daughter... our daughter.

                Hyun Hwa’s dad.

                If only he knew that it was his child he is holding, will he be more pleased knowing that he’ll risk his life not only with an ordinary child but with his own blood line? His daughter?

                But no, he doesn’t know anything. Why risk his life?

                I saw Tiffany and Joon – oppa running towards the scene but when they were about to get Hyun Hwa, Soo Young unnie pulled them and they vanish from my sight. The chauffer and a tall guy, Il woo, went down from the BMW and helped Yong Hwa who was still hugging Hyun Hwa to stand up.

                Yong Hwa kneeled to Hyun Hwa while wiping away her tears. I can’t hear what they are talking about. He hugged her, like he was consoling the scared girl.

                I can feel the concern in those gestures he is doing towards Hyun Hwa. Why is he doing this? It hurts me seeing him doing this because I’m really guilty not telling him that it’s his own child... that he saved his own child.

                If only he knew... if he only he knew.... then things will a lot be easier.

                Yong Hwa was surprised to see Soo Young unnie and he was surprised more to see Hyun Hwa hugging the currently kneeling Soo Young.

                I know they’ve met before, but I don’t know what’s his knowledge about Soo Young unnie’s background apart from being the sister of Si Woon oppa.

                Il woo passed a phone to Yong Hwa and as soon as he answered the phone he climbed into the BMW and they drove off.

                When they left, Tae Yeon guided me hurriedly to Hyun Hwa, carrying the crumpled designs I was holding earlier. Hyun Hwa was still crying just as my tears keep on falling.

                I noticed Tiffany and Joon oppa coming towards us.

                I know they were sorry about the situation and I can’t blame them.

                Maybe everything was meant to happen this way... the earlier the better.... let time tell him about the truth, is what my mind tells me.