MEMORIES... AND THE SCAR

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

There’s no wound that can’t be healed, but nobody can preclude its scar.

The daughter of the Millionaire Seo Joo Seok, Seo Joo Hyun has returned to Korea.

Seo Joo Hyun was seen attending Seoul University with CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa’s sister, Jung Tiffany.

Im Yoona, a new face in the entertainment industry draws interest.

Seo Joo Hyun is the famous model SEO HYUN.

CNBLUE Jung Yong Hwa was seen together with the model Soe Joo Hyun at the market.

CNBLUE Jung Yong Hwa and girlfriend Seo Jin Yeon broke up.

Jung Tiffany, CNBLUE Jung Yong Hwa’ssister, debuts as a singer.

Famous actress Shin Ae’s marriage with Seo Jae Sook’s foster son, Alex.

CNBLUE Jung Yong Hwa, Lee Joon, and Leeteuk graduated Seoul University.

Seo Joo Hyun and Jung Tiffany graduated Seoul University.

CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa and Jung Tiffany’s father passed away.

CNBLUE’s leader Jung Yong Hwa to leave the band.

Ex – Leader of CNBLUE Jung Yong Hwa to study abroad.

Hallyu stars attended the wedding of Seo Joo Sook’s foster daughter Dr. Seo Yuri at New York.

Im Yoona and Leeteuk announced wedding date.

The famous model Seo Joo Hyun spotted at Im Yoona and Leeteuk’s beach wedding after almost three years of being away from the cameras.

Seoo Joo Hyun returns as a well – known professional interior designer.

Counting the years, it’s been eight years since the day I decided to stay here in Korea to rest from the eminence I have at Los Angeles which only brought me back to more of it. During those eight years, lots of things happened. Happiness, love, sadness, pain, bitterness, and I hope it would switch back to happiness.

I’ve been telling myself that I’m happy but my heart tells me otherwise.

There’s this big missing puzzle inside my heart, that no matter how hard I try to find this missing piece, I can’t find it.

I think I know what is it... or who is it, but my arrogance just overpowers me.

“Seo Joo Hyun!” Soo Young unnie yelled at me. “Yah, I’ve been telling you that we got the project.”

“What project?” I asked, confused.

“The Jeju island project,” she answered. “Remember?”

I suddenly remembered it, “You mean the renovation of that old hotel?”

“De~,” she nodded. “I think the new owner of that old hotel is a friend of your dad, since he personally talked to your dad to tell him that he agrees about having us as the ones to renovate the hotel,”

“And you know what? They said the businessman is good – looking,” she continued.

“Good – looking ajhussi,” I mouthed.

“Well, I don’t like older guys than me,” Soo Young spoke and smiled while looking at the guy standing by my door.

“May I come in?” JungShin asked smugly.

“What makes you so confident to talk that way?” Soo Young unnie asked him.

“Having you as a girlfriend makes me confident,” he spoke while walking towards Soo Young unnie and kissed her on her cheeks.

We were at my office at the moment. It’s been a habit of Jung Shin to fetch Soo Young unnie lately, since they are planning for their wedding.

I really don’t know how they end up together, as long as they are happy, then that would make me happy, too.

How about me? Am I happy with my life now?

“We’re going Joo Hyun chingoo,” Jung Shin bid me while I just nodded and smiled at them.

I was fixing my things while preparing to leave when I noticed the folder Soo Young unnie handed me earlier.

I opened and read:

Hotel Renovation, Jeju Island

Previous owner: Jang Geun Seuk

New owner: N/A,Care of JYJ Company

I was curious why a certain project will not put the name of the new owner, is it that confidential?

I just let it off and continued fixing my things.

------------------------------

Instead of changing into more comfortable clothes, I directly sat on my white long sofa and closed my eyes.

Flashes of wonderful memories suddenly appeared.

He was smiling that arresting smile at me while we were dancing at the yacht’s upper deck under the shining full moon. We were both enjoying each other’s warmth...

I opened my eyes and held my heart.

I can still feel that stinging sensation whenever I remember those moments.

“Mommy!” my four – year – old daughter came rushing towards me.

She kissed me on my cheeks and sat beside me while I held her close.

“Hello, sweetie. How’s school?” I asked her.

“It was really good. You know what mom, teacher told us about the story of Little Red Riding Hood, At first her mom told her not to talk to strangers, then she was asked to...” she continued telling the story while I busied myself looking at her features.

The resemblance she had with her dad is crystal clear now. It’s really visible, there’s no way people would not notice it.

I blame my family for not having strong genes.

Yeah, I admit it, there were times that I don’t want to see my daughter, it may be so absurd of me, but I think I can’t blame myself. If seeing her would only make me remember all the past I have with her father, feeling again the brokenness I felt before and continuously regretting about our broken liaison, then not seeing her would be better.

But no, I can’t do that to her. She’s my life now, I love her more than myself. I will not do anything that may destroy me being a mother towards her.

There were times that Hyun Hwa would ask about her dad.

“Mom, where’s my daddy? They always asked me about my daddy but I can’t answer them. Jiyeon has Siwoon samchon, while Minho has Leeteuk Samchoon and you have Joo Seok Arapochi,” she asked me while pouting. Her eyebrows were creased because of frustration.

Then I would just answer, “Daddy is playing hide – and – seek with mommy. Mom’s been counting one to ten for a hundred of times but Daddy won’t come out.”

“You shouldn’t wait for him to come out, you need to find him, that’s how hide – and – seek is supposed to be played,” she followed up, still pouting.

“Daddy doesn’t want to lose, sweetie. He keeps on hiding so mom won’t see him. Mommy became tired already so mommy would rather be a loser.”

“If I would be in the game with you two, I will surely help mommy find daddy, so you will not be tired anymore,” she last spoke with a smiling face.

Hyun Hwa has grown up to be a very smart child, she is very fluent in speaking and asking questions which are full of sense.

It’s maybe because she has grown up with matured people around her. While I am working she spends her morning at school, and spends her afternoon at Mom and Dad’s place.

We are now living back at my old house with Soo Young unnie, Mai and Nanny. Yoona has left to live with Leeteuk oppa at their new house.

“...one thing that I learned is not to talk to strangers,” Hyun Hwa ended her story.

I smiled and clapped at her which only made her smile more.

“Mommy, teacher says Father’s Day is coming. Will I write a letter to daddy? Teacher says she gave her dad a letter when she was a child like us,” she said, still having the enjoyment in her tone.

I don’t know what to answer, so not to disappoint her, I nodded.

“What is dad’s name, Mom? So I can write to him...” she continued.

I was surprised by her question. I was contemplating on whether to tell her or not, but I was being unfair to her so much.

“Listen carefully, Hyun Hwa,” I started. She was attentively listening to me. “Daddy name is a secret, so if anyone ask you what his name is, just tell them it’s a secret.”

She nodded then spoke, “Then should I write, ‘Dear Secret Daddy’?”

She was so innocent while smiling brightly, and it really hurts me.

“No, sweetie. His name is Jung Yong Hwa... it’s a secret, okay?” I can feel the crack in my voice while I’m telling her.

She smiled and spoke his name once again, “Jung Yong Hwa” then covered and circled her head, thinking that maybe someone might hear it.

I know a few seconds, tears from my eyes will be falling.

I told Hyun Hwa to ask Mai to change her into her PJ’s while I go change, too.

When she was away, I leaned my back on the sofa’s leaner as I close my eyes.

Fluids began flowing through my cheeks.

Having Hyun Hwa beside me will only bring my memories back time after time.

I know that by remembering my life with Yong Hwa oppa before will expose the hidden scars the wounds have caused me. Actually the scar was always evident.

The wounds may have healed but it left me a very big scar, HYUN HWA.

Although she’s really a big scar of my past, she will only be the scar that I would never get rid of. The only scar that I love.