THE PROPOSITION

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

I finally opened my eyes as the guy beside me kept on applying pressure while holding my left hand.

“Hang on there, Hyun,” he was talking to me while using his other hand to maneuver the card he is driving.

Yong – oppa.          

“I want to see my child,” I spoke like it was my first time to speak, it was too difficult.

I felt the throbbing on my forehead, am I having some sort of headache?

“We’ll see here soon,” he spoke while glancing at me once in a while.

“Don’t take to me to the hospital,” I suddenly spoke with the heaviness I am feeling at the moment. My mind was working as I remember how we almost bumped into the truck we were following earlier. Yong Hwas was able to stop the car before the crash would happen but it applied a big impact to my bleeding forehead.

Media will be rushing to the hospital, too.

“I’m taking you there,” there was authority there in his baritone voice.

“No, take me home,” I said fully determined.

He looked at me for a while and to the road, “You’re bleeding-“

“I said take me home,” I said coldly. I don’t want to explain everything.

He remained silent and continued driving as he lets go of my hand.

He did really bring me home.

I tried my bext to go out from the car but I felt so weak.

It was late for me to realize when Yong – oppa was already beside me as he carried me abruptly and felt for the very first time how light I was.

Nanny opened the door for us.

Nanny guided him to my room and for the very first time a guy entered my sanctuary.

I rembered a few years back, Yong – oppa never went inside, saying he respects my privacy and would only come inside if I am ready to let him enter.

I was ready a few years back, it’s just that a bewildering crisis came into our lives.

He laid me on my white bed.

“Nanny, would you please help Hyun change her clothes, I’ll just call Yuri – noona or Siwoon – hyung,” he spoke and when nanny responded, he left the room.

Nanny silently helped me change into clean cothes, blood has stained my office cothes. She never asked what happened. After changing me, she left me.

I was just there, lying on my bed staring at my sky ceiling.

A few minutes of staring out of nowhere, Si Woon – oppa came to my room, following him is Yong – oppa.

He was now checking me up as he told me to sit up and cleaned the wound my forehead is having.

“It’s just a small wound, don’t freak out man,” I know he was talking to Yong – oppa who was standing beside him, looking at my wound intently.

“For you, Joo Hyun, dear. Rest!” He spoke at me with his masculine smile.

I nodded and lay back to my waiting bed.

Si Woon – oppa started fixing his things. He kissed me on my cheeks and bid me goodbye.

 

Yong – oppa was left, looking down at me.

There he goes again with his blank stares as he asked me, “You okay now?”

I nodded.

Why did all of the arguments we have earlier suddenly faded?

Maybe both of us got tired of talking so much of nonsense hate comments.

He was right from the start, all I need to do is to be strong and tell him the truth.

I close my eyes, not wanting to see his reaction to what I’ll be saying.

I was really afraid if he’ll accept it or not but he has all the reason of the world to know.

“I got pregnant,” I spoke still closing eyes and felt the barred air insis my chest. Anytime soon tears will be coming out. “Hyun Hwa came into my life, saying she’s becoming my life now after you left me. But when I looked at us enjoying those times we spent together, there’s this one hole that can’t be filled up with anything. That is her father and that is you. You are the father of my child. Our child.”

There was no response from him.

Still closing my eyes, not wanting to see those hatred glares he have for me. I might say I’ve been wrong all these years by not telling him all about Hyun Hwa.

“I was just afraid that you’ll not accept my apology, you’ll not accept me, you’ll not accept Hyun Hwa. But what I’ll tell you now, please accept Hyun Hwa heartily. I can’t blame you if you’ll not accept me, just accept our child,” I concluded.

I heard the opening and closing  of the door, and when I opened my blurry eyes full of liquids, Yong – oppa was not there.

---------------------------

“Mom, wake up,” Hyun Hwa was now beside me, smiling her angelic wide smile.

“Sweetie, where have you been?” I was happy to see my child back but was curious how she came back.

“I explained it to everyone already but since your my mom and I love you, I’ll tell the story again,” she said. As she climbed on my bed and sat while crossing her legs. I also sat up and felt the sudden twirling of the room but it eventually stopped. “I was at grams mansion and I was so hungry. I can’t see anybody on the house. Since we passed by an ice cream parlor on coming to the mansion, I thought it was close, but I got lost outside. I just walk and walk and walk. When I felt so tired, I said I will never cry because it will not help me. I came into a beautiful store of flowers, flowers were everywhere. You know how I love flowers mom, so I went inside the store.

“And you know what, mom?” she excitedly asked me.

“What sweetie?” I followed.

“A pretty Imo talked to me and I told her that I got lost. She then called her unnie, and you know what mom?” she beamed at me.

“Yes, sweetie?” I kept on following her.

“Jessica Imo came with a big ajhussi and asked why I got lost and tell her everything right from the start. Soon after, ajhussi – with – the – secret – name came and I was really happy to see him. I went directly to him and hugged him. I told him about everything again and he brought me to Teuk samchon’s cafe and we ate ice cream there. You know what, mom? I like him, he is always there whenever I needed help,” she ended while she she stood up on my bed and was now jumping up and down as she felt her happiness.

Poor child, she doesn’t know that it’s her concerned father who helped her. I guess today is the day she’ll finally know about her dad.

“Sweetie, you’re making mom dizzy,” I told her.

“Sorry,” she mouthed as she sat back.

“Sweetie?” I started.

“Yes, mommy?” she sweetly spoke with her batting eyes.

“Mommy finally found daddy,” I told her and she beamed at me. “I told you his name is Jung Yong Hwa and it’s a secret, right?” she nodded her head. “It’s not a secret anymore since you finally found him.”

She was now frowning with confusion.

“Sweetie, don’t call him ajhussi – with – the – secret – name anymore. Call him daddy,” I finally told her.

She lighted up as she looked at me, “So I am right. Ajhussi is my daddy?”

I nodded and she begand jumping up and down again.

“Really, mom?”

I nodded and she climbed down from my bed and shouted, “Daddy!” as she went out from my room and banged the door behind her.

Is Yong – oppa still downstairs?

--------------------------

Nanny came around dinner time and brought me a soup and I finished it.

I stood up to brush my teeth and entered the secret passageway to my comfort room.

I heard the noise outside, it was Hyun Hwa talking to a man.

Yong – oppa?

“Mom is hiding,” Hyun Hwa spoke with her child voice.

“Maybe she went to you room,” he spoke and sound happy.

“Ah-ah, aniyo. We just came there. Mom will soon come out from her hiding place,” she spoke.

I guess eavesdropping won’t benefit me so I come out from the swinging mirror.

I know Yong – oppa was surprise to see me coming from that passage.

“Told you, dad,” she spoke.

I was taken aback with the child’s statement, maybe I’m not really used ti it.... yet.

“Dad, will you be sleeping here tonight?” she asked Yong - oppa.

Yong – oppa looked at me and she looked back at Hyun Hwa, “No, sweetie. Dad has other things to do and will be living in another house.”

Hyun pouted and spoke at Yong – oppa, “That’s weird. Aren’t you supposed to live with mommy? Yoona Imo and Teuk Samchon live together. Why mom and you are not like that?”

Yong – oppa smiled at Hyun Hwa as he patted her head and carried her up.

“You should sleep here, dad,” she said full of determination and she looked at me “Right, mom?”

I was surprised by her question that it made my mouth just open and no words come out.

Yong – oppa put Hyun Hwa down.

“Sweetie, will you leave mom and dad for a while. We need to talk about something important,” he told her.

“Something important, like bubu?” she asked with her teasing eyes? Who taught her this things? Soo Young unnie?

“Sweetie,” I chided her that made her frown.

“Okay, I’m leaving. See you later,” she then went out.

Soon after she left Yong – oppa spoke, “I don’t want to hurt the child’s thoughts.”

“What are you trying to say?” I asked him back.

“I have a proposal,” he spoke as he fully faced me.

I walked towards my bed and sat on it, “What?”

He crossed his arm.

“We will be acting that I’ll be living in this house as her father. Acting that I’ll be sleeping here, but I will soon leave when she sleeps.”

“Acting?” I asked him.

“Let’s say, yes. Pure act,” he answered me asmatter of a fact.

So does it mean that I’ll be seeing him everyday from now on? Will be acting sweet and casual towards him?

I checked my heart and realized, no. I don’t want to just act.

I want it to be true.

 

A/N:

excited for the next chapter...yeah..the proposed plan..hahaha...

fluff will be on the next chapter...that's a promise... THE SOFA and the BED as the theme!hahaha

i'm also excited to tell you that My Last and Only Love has coped up with MFAOL..

hurray! updates will soon be posted...all of it...check MLAOL now.

so keep subscribing and be ready for upcoming finale of both stories!

YONSEO FIHGTHING!

-xhaie (^_^)v