JUST PURE FRIENDS

MY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE

 

                  Hanging out with the gang composed of Yong Hwa – oppa, Yoona, Tiffany, Joon – oppa, Leeteuk – oppa, Shaine, Jong Hyun – oppa, Jungshin – chingoo, and Min Hyuk was really joyful. All were really active and hilarious. We are hanging out at my house to celebrate Tiff and my moving up ceremony from our sophomore’s first semester to our sophomore’s second semester just as the others finished their first semester for this school year.

 

                 It was Min Hyuk singing with the KTV when I saw Jong Hyun – oppa staring at me, as in he was literally setting his eyes at me. He was sitting beside Yoona at the white couch right in front of me. He turned sideways when I caught him and later stood up and went to my mini bar. Yeah, among the gang, I noticed that he was peevish all along.

 

            Jong Hyun – oppa is indeed a flower boy. He is handsome, but he is really silent, talks and laughs whenever it is necessary. He’s really mysterious which will really catch every other girl’s attention. Who wouldn’t be? Good – looking, check. Career and money, check. Pleasing personality, check. It’s just that there’s something inside of him that he wouldn’t show, that there is something he was hiding.

 

                  I glanced at Shaine who was sitting closest to the screen, her gazed followed Jong Hyun – oppa. Maybe these two had a fight, that’s why oppa was grumpy. Maybe he was thinking about their problem that he didn’t even notice that he was staring at me, that he became diffident and want to cool it off at the mini bar.

 

              It was my turn to sing when I noticed Yong Hwa – oppa going to the mini bar where Jong Hyun – oppa were. Maybe he just want to talk something with him or he also noticed Jong Hyun oppa being upset and wants to ask him about it.

 

                      Full of maybes. I brushed it all off.

 

                  I averted my attention to the screen, the song they chose for me was Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Since You’ve Been Gone, great, I really like her but the song doesn’t fit me at all. I know Yong Hwa oppa will not leave, he will not be gone.

 

                 I sing plainly, just the way I sing when I take a shower. Singing was not a problem for me, I took vocal lessons when I was younger and my teacher told me that I have the gift of singing. Even mom, Yin Hye Imo, nanny, and Yoona also praised me for my singing, but I never sing for entertainment, I just sing when I wanted to sing.

 

                  I don’t even know what push me to sing now, the music began playing and then I started singing. All I can hear is the music background and my singing. I’ve known this song since it was release, so it was not difficult for me to hit the notes right. And then the song ended.

 

                     I looked at my audience, they were flabbergasted. It seems like their jaw will dropped any moment. Only Yoona was smiling then she started clapping and the others clapped and they began praising me. Yong Hwa – oppa and Jong Hyun – oppa was already back at the living room. I didn’t even notice that they went back.

 

                      Yong Hwa – oppa smiled at me when I looked at him and he flied me a kiss that I accept eagerly. Jong Hyun – oppa stood beside him just staring blankly at me. He bowed when he caught me looking at him, then I bowed back.

 

                   They were still amazed and continued giving me praises, it is one of the things I really don’t like. The attention they are giving me is not good for me, I only feel shameful than feel overwhelmed.

 

                   Yoona, knowing my dilemma, played another song and randomly picked Jungshin to sing again, he sang already earlier with his gags that really cheer us up, so maybe Yoona was thinking to divert their attention with Jungshin’s hilariousness.

 

                     These friends surrounding me were definitely an overwhelming sight. True friends which I will treasure for sure for the coming years.

 

                      The night ended, everyone will be sleeping over, the ladies will be sleeping at Yoona’s room since she offered, actually she just wants to show her great wardrobe to the ladies. The guys will be sleeping at the guest rooms. My house consists of four guest rooms, the other one was occupied by Shaine so the vacant three rooms will be occupied by the boys. They planned to hover at the backyard’s garden to have a drink when the ladies went upstairs, so I really don’t know who used ‘this and that’ room.

 

                      The ladies enjoyed trying Yoona’s gorgeous set of dresses, actually Tiffany was more excited than Shaine and me. Knowing Shaine’s family business, she surely have these kind of dresses and I know Yoona knowthat. It was really kind of her to compliment the dresses, and I know she is sincere. Actually, Shaine would be a great friend that anyone could have. She’s is very kind and thoughtful. But I noticed that Shaine was also spacing out lately. I asked her once but she just told me that she misses her family which is really true of her. But I know that’s something bothering her, I then decided to leave it to her.

 

                         The night ended with Tiffany and Yoona laying exhausted on Yoona’s queen – sized bed. Shaine and I laughed when both of us stood up at the same time. I know that she was also waiting for the two to sleep so that she can go and sleep at her room, which I also planned in doing. We went out silently and proceeded to our respective rooms.

 

                      When I woke up I took my shower and got dress. The gang have left earlier just leaving me and Shaine, it was only I who don’t have schedules today so Shaine and I planned to stay at my house and have a rest.

 

                            The next following days were really busy, I can’t even meet or call Yong Hwa oppa just as he was to me. I really miss him so much. I was really happy that at least I have Shaine beside me to ease all the loneliness.

 

                             It was before the next semester starts when Yong Hwa – oppa texted me that he would like to meet me at Sweet Holiday Cafe, Leeteuk’s – oppa’s cafe. He said that he’ll be meeting me at the coffee shop by this coming Saturday, around 6:00pm, it was still Wednesday so I really was giddy until Saturday comes.

 

                      Wearing my usual outfit, I began driving to Sweet Holiday's, I don’t see Yong Hwa oppa’s car anywhere and watch the time, it’s five minutes to 6:00pm, maybe he was caught by the traffic.

 

                     I chose the usual table we would dine, and ordered the coffee Yong Hwa – oppa likes. I waited for a couple of minutes but he still did not arrive. The drink was served, I decided to call him thinking that maybe he forgot about our date, but to my surprise, a handsome guy sat on the chair that was intended for Yong Hwa – oppa.

 

                      Jong Hyun – oppa sat there. I returned my beeper into my clutch bag and ask him. “Ayonghaseyo. Oppa, sorry, I wasn’t expecting you. May you please tell me where Yong Hwa – oppa is?”

 

                         “Joo Hyun – ssi, ahmmm.... it’s because.... it’s...” he was full of sweat, stammering, like he was really nervous on telling me about something important... or might it be terrifying? Then it hit me.

 

                         “Don’t tell me.... Ande!” I don’t know what I am feeling, my eyes are already stinging. “Where is he?”