Chapter 62

Eyes, the window to the soul

Reminder: Jin Sang is Jiyong's Appa and Jae Hwa is Jiyong's Omma, Dara calls them 'Samchon and Imo'.  Eun Hee and Jae Sang are Dara's Parents.


Dara's POV

Oh god.. oh god.. this is bad.. this is very bad.

"I said.. what the are you doing here?!" Jiyong seethed as he pushed his mother behind him and took a protective stance, shielding her from his father.

"I thought I told you to stay away! What are you doing here?!" he spat, his face contorted in anger, "Go. Now."

"Look Jiy-"

"I SAID GO!"

I winced at the sound of Jiyong's yell. Never have I ever heard him raise his voice like this, it contained pure unadulterated rage. My eyes shifted to the small figure of his mother standing behind him, her eyes wide in surprise as she stared through Jiyong's back, no doubt the image of Samchon etched in her mind. She whimpered slightly, causing me to look down to see Jiyong had a steely grip on her wrist, holding her in place behind him. I quickly made my way over to her, glancing at Jiyong and his Appa to see them in a silent glaring match.

"Jiyong, you're hurting her," I said softly as I tried to pry his hands off of her wrist, but he only tightened it further, making her wince in pain. The way he held onto her.. was it because he was lost in his thoughts of anger, or was it because he was afraid to lose her again? Afraid that if he let her go, she would once again disappear from his life?

"Ji, please let go," I gently placed my hand over his once again and successfully managed to pry his hand off when his hold slackened. Before I could pull away he quickly gripped onto my hand desperately, interlacing them. His tight hold made me feel like my bones were going to break, but I knew he needed me. He needed me to hold onto him to show him I was here, and that I wasn't going anywhere. I squeezed his hand back reassuringly and brought my other hand up to soothingly rub his arm, hoping to calm him down.

"What are you even doing here huh? You think you have any right to come here? No one wants you here. Just go, and never come back," he said stonily through gritted teeth.

I gulped as I looked away from his fiery eyes. This was my fault. I shouldn't have.. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better off me. Just hearing the emotion in his father's voice.. it made me feel compelled to help him, but look where my idiocy got me. Why was I so damn weak willed? Why couldn't I just put my brains before my heart? I knew Jiyong would react like this and yet I still asked him to come, and now.. now i've hurt him, betrayed him. I should've listened to CL, it wasn't my place to make this decision.

"Well?!" Jiyong raised his voice again.

"What's with all the.."

My eyes shifted to see my parents standing at the door, shock written all over their faces as their eyes bounced back and forth between Jiyong and his father.

"Jin-Sang what are you doing here?" Appa asked calmly, although the shock was still evident on his face as he walked out to stand in-between Jiyong and his Appa.

"Are you deaf? You heard him. What are you doing here?!" Jiyong spat angrily.

I breathed in deeply before angling myself more towards Jiyong. I knew full well he would be angry, hurt and feel betrayed by me, but I had to tell him this was my fault and not his Appa's.

"Jiyong, it was--"

"I'm sorry. You're right. I.. I shouldn't have come," he cut me off, breaking away from Jiyong's harsh eyes to look up at my parents house, "I just wanted to visit, it's been a long time."

My head snapped to Samchon in surprise. Why did he lie? I was the one who invited him over and yet.. and yet he didn't tell Jiyong?

"Well you've visited now, so you can go." Jiyong coldly gestured towards the road, turning away from him and making a move to enter the house, tugging me behind, "You too, Omma."

I looked back to see his father and mother looking at each other intensely, his mother not making any move to follow us in. Samchon was the first to break away from their locked gaze, stuffing his hands into his pockets and turning to leave in the direction Jiyong had pointed when--

"Wait."

I felt Jiyong stiffen at the sound of his mother's soft voice, as I watched the scene unfold before me.

"Omma.." Jiyong said in a low, warning voice which Samchon took notice of as he continued on his path as if he hadn't heard her speak.

"Wait!" she repeated, with more urgency than before as she took a step towards him.

"Omma!"

"W-why don't you stay for dinner?" she stuttered, ignoring Jiyong's outcry.

"No! He's not staying for dinner. He's going," Jiyong refuted as he stood at the door of my house, blocking it with his body as he gave my hand another unconscious squeeze.

"Be quiet Jiyong, this is not your house, you cannot tell people to just leave, especially not your father," his mother reprimanded, a tone I hadn't heard in years as she stared him down, daring him to refute her.

"Omma! What are you doing?! I've told you! He's not my Ap--"

"So? Will you stay? For dinner?" she repeated, with more conviction as she ignored Jiyong again, "I-If that's okay with Eun Hee and Young Jae?" she turned towards my parents, her facial expression was one of unease.

"Y-yes, o-of course. T-that's perfectly.. fine?" Omma stuttered back questioningly as she looked at Jiyong with an unsure face. I was surprised Omma had agreed, but it was in her nature not to be rude and turn a guest away, especially when her best friend personally asked.

"What?! Are you all crazy?!" Jiyong finally exploded, letting go of my hand to throw his hands in the air in frustration.

"It's okay, there's no need to get worked up son. If you want me to go, i'll go," Samchon said, giving him a sad smile but that didn't phase Jiyong.

"Don't call me son." he said coldly and turned his head away.

"Jiyong! Stop being so childish! You're a grown man for pete's sake! Be reasonable!" his mother scolded him. A look of guilt immediately flashed through her eyes as she walked up to him, "I'm sorry. Just, please be reasonable Jiyong."

"Be reasonable?! I'm being every bit reasonable! There is no reason for him to be here! What do you exactly want to achieve from this? What? You want us to walk into that house holding hands and pretend we're a happy little family? Well i'm sorry Omma, that's not going to happen and it's all his own fault, so don't talk to me about being reasonable!" he vented breathing heavily as he stared his Omma down.

"I.. I just want to have a happy family meal, is that so much to ask for Jiyong?" she asked sadly as she looked down at the ground.

"If you want a happy family meal then he has no place here," Jiyong replied mockingly, "How can you stand to be in that man's presence right now? To even go as far as to want to spend dinner with him? After what he did to you? How he degraded you, belittled you. He's got a girlfriend you know? Probably more than one!"

Imo flinched at Jiyong's words, hurt flitting across her eyes before they hardened, "Stop this right now Jiyong. Stop making a scene in front of Dara's parents. Stop being so rude. I didn't raise you this way!" she finally lashed out back at him, her eyes narrowed.

Jiyong scoffed, "Raise me? If you raised me where were you for the past three years huh? I raised myself!"

My eyes widened as I saw his mother wince at his harsh words. They had clearly hit a really sore spot.

"Jiyong, calm down please," I finally said as I moved to stand in front of him, rubbing my hands up and down his arms in a soothing manner, "You know you didn't mean what you just said. You're angry Jiyong, and I understand that, but you have to apologise to your mother, you've really hurt her feelings."

He huffed in annoyance and looked away from me, crossing his arms over his chest as a sign of defiance. I clearly wasn't going to get an apology out of him any time soon.

I let out a soft sigh before reaching up, placing my hands on either side of his cheek and forcing him to look at me,"Come on Jiyong. Calm down. I'm here, everything's going to be okay."

"It's just one dinner hmm? Just one small dinner, just this once? For your Omma?" I asked sweetly.

"Don't look at me like that," Jiyong said gruffily as he tried to look away but I managed to hold his face in place.

"For me? Please Jiyong," I pleaded desperately. I was the one who caused this whole fiasco, I needed to fix it. I had to.

Jiyong stared down at me for a while longer before huffing loudly and wordlessly stormed back into the house. I let a small smile emerge on my face as I watched his retreating back. This was as good as we were going to get. At least he wasn't objecting anymore.

I slowly turned to see Jiyong's Omma giving me a grateful smile before I turned my attention to see Jiyong's Appa standing awkwardly on the pavement.

"I.. I think it's best if I go," he finally said and turned to leave again.

"No, stay. Jiyong isn't objecting anymore," Imo said kindly before gesturing towards the house where my parents and Durami had already entered, leaving the three of us outside.

"Still, I think it's best--"

"You're still as stubborn as you used to be aren't you?" she teased lightly, her eyes taking on a far away look.

Samchon looked at her in confusion as he took a step closer towards us, "I.. I don't understand. Why.. why are you being like this? You should hate me. After what I did. Why are you.."

Imo's eyes filled with sadness before they were quickly replaced with a guarded expression as she shrugged lightly, "I don't hate you."

With that she her heel and walked past me and into the house, leaving me alone with Samchon.

"Why didn't you tell Jiyong I told you to come?" I finally asked now that we were alone. This was bugging the hell out of me. He already knows how much Jiyong hates him and yet didn't tell him this was all happening because of me.

"Because Jiyong loves and trusts you. What you did was because you are soft hearted and easily manipulated by emotions, not because you betrayed him. It's just easier this way. He already hates me, but you, he loves and trusts. It'll hurt more if he knew it was you," he explained with a sad smile.

Although I was grateful to him it didn't make me feel any better. Regardless of whether Jiyong knew or not, I was still the one to cause this.

"So, will you be joining us for dinner?"

 

========

 

"Please don't be angry Ji," I pleaded as I tried to peer over at his face, only for him to turn away from me.

We were currently in my old bedroom. Jiyong had found refuge in my old bed and was currently making it his life mission to ignore me.

"Jiyoooong," I whined as I tugged at the blanket with a pout on my face.

I huffed and stepped back, placing my hands on my hips, "Kwon Jiyong. Get your sorry up. Now."

I glared at the lump that was his body for a full 20 seconds before I rolled my eyes. Damn. That wasn't going to work either.

"Jiyong.. It's getting hot in here, don't you think?" I reached up and pulled the zipper of my jacket down loudly before throwing it across the room, making as much noise as possible.

"I think i'm going to.. strip," I tried to say as seductively as possible, only to cringe at the sound of my awkward voice.

I frowned as I saw no movement from him. Way to knock a girls confidence down. I could be stripping for real and he isn't even going to take a peek?! What?! Am I not attractive?! Hmph. I'll show you Kwon Jiyong.

"Ah well, since my boyfriend isn't interested, I think I might just call someone else, see if they're interested," I started, a smirk appearing on my face as I saw the lump freeze slightly.

"Hmmm," I pretended to contemplate, "Who should I call? Who. Should. I. Call. How about Jae--"

I bit back a smile as I felt Jiyong roughly grab me and pull me onto the bed with him, his hold was nothing short of possessive.

"Don't even think about it you unfaithful rabbit, you!" he threatened as he glared up at me as I straddled his lower body.

"So you're talking to me now Mr grumpy?" I teased as I poked his cheek, making him frown even further.

I sighed, my face turning serious as I locked my eyes with his, "I know why you're angry, annoyed and upset, but it's just for one night okay? Let's just keep the peace hmm? If your Omma looks fine and happy with it, you should too."

"That's exactly it though. She shouldn't be happy to see him. She shouldn't pretend like everything is okay. She should be screaming at him. Cursing at him. She arguably suffered more than me, and yet why am I the only one hating him?" he explained, as he searched my eyes for an answer.

"I don't know Ji. I don't know, but if your Omma can let go of the past, why can't you?" I said softly as I cupped his cheek.

"I just.. I can't do that Dara. I can't. He ruined my family. I can't forgive a man who took everyone that I love away from me," he replied, pain evident in his voice.

"I know it hurts, but that's in the past now. All it takes is time. You have your Omma now, you have my family and you have me," I reassured him.

"I have you," he repeated before pulling me down to rest my head on his chest, where I could hear his slightly raised heart rate.

I smiled and placed a soft kiss on his chest before hugging him tightly, "I love you Jiyong."

If possible, he tightened his hold on me further and kissed the top of my head, "I love you too Dara."

 

========

 

Well this is awkward.

Jiyong and I had fallen asleep, only to be woken by Durami telling us it was dinner. Jiyong had immediately pasted on his grumpy face as he grudgingly made his way downstairs and into the dining room where everyone was waiting for us.

I had felt a strange sense of deja vu when I had walked in to see everyone sitting in their seats. Just eight years ago, we were all sat in the exact same places, except Dami wasn't here. We may have been the exact same people, but so many things had changed since we had last all sat around a table.

Now we were currently in the processing of eating dinner. The most awkward dinner in the entire planet, i'm sure. No one was saying a single word. Well, Samchon had tried to make some conversation, even throwing some jokes out about the past but the atmosphere was too tense. That and Jiyong would always sigh and huff loudly the moment he opened his mouth that he no longer tried to talk.

Sensing the tension Durami and Sanghyun had shovelled food down and quickly excused themselves, leaving the six of us alone.

"So, how is business Jin-Sang?" Imo asked politely, breaking the silence that had fallen over us.

Samchon looked up and met her gentle eyes, slightly startled at her question, surprise colouring his face that she was talking so casually with him.

"Erm, It isn't doing too well," he admitted, looking back down at his food.

"I'm sure things will pick up soon," she reassured him kindly, taking a sip of her drink, "How have you been?"

I grabbed Jiyong's clenched fist under the table, interlacing them with mine and giving him a reassuring squeeze. I could tell he was simmering with anger. It was obvious he wasn't liking this set up at all.

"I-i've been fine, thank you. Yourself?" he asked back, stuttering slightly under her gaze.

"Surviving," she offered him a small smile, "Have you been seeing any--"

/SLAM!/

We all jumped slightly to see Jiyong had slammed his other fist on the table as he shot glares back and forth between his parents.

"Will you guys stop pretending everything is okay?!" he demanded before hu pushed his chair back loudly and stood up, puling me up with him, "I'm finished."

Samchon immediately stood up and gave everyone an apologetic look, "I think it's best if I get going. Thank you for having me around. This was.. nice."

"Are you sure? You haven't had desert yet!" Imo exclaimed as she too stood up.

"Thank you for the offer, but I best be going," he politely declined before walking around the stand in front of Jiyong who snapped his head away, not wanting to look at him.

I watched as he dug out his wallet, my eyes once again took note of the tattered family picture when he flicked it open to pull out a business card.

"Jiyong, I know i'm the person you despise most, and i'm probably the person you want to see least in the world," he started as he stared at the side of Jiyong's face, "I don't I deserve it, I know, but I could really do with your help. Please take my business card. Hopefully you could find it in your heart to contact me."

Throughout his speech Jiyong's grip on my hand increased. I looked up at him expectantly, my eyes drifting down to see the outstretched business card.

"Dara and I would like to excuse ourselves," he finally said, turning his back on his father and dragging me out of the kitchen, not sparing him a single look.

 

========

 

Jiyong once again took refuge in my old room. He had immediately climbed onto my bed and gestured for me to join him, hugging me at the waist as he spooned me, his faze nuzzled into the side of my neck, not uttering a single word.

It came as no surprise that he didn't take the business card. There was no hesitation what so ever when he turned his back on his father, and as much as I hated myself for feeling this way, I felt bad for his father.

"I wish I could just run away with you somewhere. Away from all of this. Just you and me," he whispered, his lips brushing against his neck.

I turned in his arms to face him leaning my forehead against his, "Really? Where would you want to go?"

"Anywhere. As long as you're with me, I would go anywhere."

"As nice as that sounds, you know that's not going to happen," I brushed the hair out of his eyes.

"Well a guy can dream can't he?"

"Just how many dreams do you have hmm?" I asked as I leaned my head on his chest, lazily drawings random shapes with my finger.

"Many, and you're in all of them," he admitted, "I dream of our future, mostly, and where we will be. I dream of the day you will be my wife, and the day we will have our own family."

My finger paused in it's movement, my eyes softening as I heard the longing in his voice. That was all he ever wanted, a proper family.

"No matter what, I promise I will never break my family apart," he said with conviction, leaning his cheek against the top of my head, "Never."

 

========

 

/knock knock/

"Jiyong?"

I squirmed in Jiyong's arms at the sound of the voice. I lifted my head slightly and peeked over Jiyong's shoulder through my hazy eyes to see a figure at the door.

"Huh?"

"Oh. Sorry Dara, I didn't mean to wake you."

I blinked a couple of times before the figure became clearer. A blush immediately coloured my cheeks as I realised the figure was in fact Jiyong's mother who had just walked in on us sleeping together.

"Oh. Erm. I-it's okay," I stuttered as I tried to entangle myself from Jiyong's hold. He merely made a small noise of protest and pulled me back down, placing his head on my chest.

I smiled awkwardly at her before turning to Jiyong and tapping his cheek, "Jiyong-ah, your Omma is here. Get up."

"Five more minutes," he mumbled as he frowned.

I held back a smile before turning to her, "I'm sorry, is everything okay?"

"Yes. It's just getting a bit late, it's best if I get going."

"I'll take you home in ten minutes Omma," Jiyong mumbled loudly, surprising myself and his mother. I thought he was still asleep.

With that his mother left the room, closing the door behind her.

"Come on Ji, time to get up," I said as I pushed myself up so his head was now resting on my lap, my hand automatically reaching out to run my hands through his soft hair.

"It's so warm and comfortable though," he whined as he nuzzled into my tummy, eliciting a small giggle from myself.

"You're such a big baby sometimes," I declared as I pinched his cheek and imitated baby noises at his face.

He propped his chin on my thigh and look up at me, batting his eyelashes, "Well in that case, you'll have to look after your baby won't you?"

"You wish. Now get your cute out of bed," I demanded, swatting his playfully.

His lips curved into a playful smile, his eyes glinting with mischief, "Make me."

 

========

 

"Seriously babe, do you always have to target my hair? It's the first thing you go for. I'm going to be bald by the time i'm thirty at this rate!"

I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. After much wrestling with Jiyong - yes, we actually wrestled on the bed - he finally relented and got up, his mood significantly better than it was before.

We had already bid my parents goodbye and were now sat in the car, driving his mother home. The ride was silent at first, no one uttering a word. Jiyong had yet to apologise to his mother, and his mother had yet to explain why she was behaving the way that she did, and neither seemed willing to give in.

"Jiyong," Imo suddenly spoke up, leaning forward to turn the music off, "I want to talk to you about something important."

"If this is about him, then don't even bother," Jiyong cut back, not bothering to spare her a side glance.

"Why are you being like this Jiyong? Can't you see how hard he's trying? Can't you forgive and forget?"

Jiyong snorted incredulously, "Forgive and forget? You might be able to forgive and forget but I certainly can't. He single handedly ruined our family and a good portion of my childhood. That's something i'll never be able to forget or forgive. It doesn't matter how hard he's trying now, he never tried back then and now it's too late to try and play daddy."

"Can you really just sit back and let your father helplessly try to save everything he's worked so hard for? When you know that you hold the key to turning everything around?" she persisted, "You know that it would mean the world to me to see the two of you get along."

"Don't even try to guilt trip me into doing this Omma. I could give two flying s about his damn company. Do you really think I would want to help him with the one thing that I could never compete with? The thing that he loved more than his own son?" he said bitterly, his grip on the steering wheel tightening as we finally pulled up outside her house.

"Please reconsider Jiyong. If not for your father, for me. This will be the only thing i'll ever ask of you. Please?" she begged him, reaching up to hold his face, only for him to turn away from her touch.

She sighed before turning to look at me, giving me a tired smile, "It was good to see you again Dara, I hope i'll see you again soon." She took a side glance at Jiyong before quietly grabbing my hand and pressing a small card into it with a pleading smile.

I opened my palm to see Samchon's business card with his number on it. I looked back up only to see Imo had left the car and was already walking back towards her house.

 

========

 

After dropping off his mother, Jiyong had driven us back home and I was currently sat at his desk in his room whilst he took a much needed relaxing shower.

I stared down at the business card, constantly turning it around in my hands as I thought about what I would do. It was clear that his mother was relying on me to help her convince Jiyong, but at this rate, it didn't look like anyone could persuade Jiyong to help his father.

Time was something Jiyong needed, but it seemed as though no amount of time would fix the severed bond between him and his father. Perhaps this was the way to go. Although he would detest it, maybe spending time with his father would be the best way to fix things. He could finally get the answers he has always wanted know. Whether they would help him get over it, or only anger him more was to be known, but maybe.. just maybe it would help him let go of the past and be free.

"Where did you get that?"

I jumped slightly in my seat. I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't realised that he had already finished showering and was now looming over me, glaring at the small card in my hands.

"Your Omma gave it to me."

"I can't believe she took it," he muttered under his breath before reaching over and snatching it from my hands, shredding it into small pieces and unceremoniously throwing it in the bin.

I gaped at him as he dusted his fingers giving me a look of satisfaction.

"Jiyong!" I protested belatedly.

"What?" he cooly shrugged his shoulders as he grabbed his towel and began to towel dry his hair.

"Here, gimme that," I walked over to him and pushed him to sit at the edge of his bed before climbing up onto it myself and kneeling behind him, slowly towel drying his hair.

"Jiyong.." I started carefully.

"Hmm?"

"Are you.. are you really not going to help him?"

I felt Jiyong freeze slightly before he let out a tired sigh, "Not you too."

"I'm sorry," I quickly apologised, "It's just.. I really think you could benefit from this too."

"I thought you of all people would understand me Dara. I don't want to be anywhere near that man. Just the sight of him makes me so.."

"I get that Jiyong. I do, but you need to do this. You need this so you can finally let go. It's not good to have so much hatred in your heart."

"I can deal with it," he replied stubbornly.

"Well I can't. I want your heart to be full of love and happiness. I don't want any traces of hatred in there," I threw the towel aside and ran my fingers through his almost dry hair.

"Are you telling me to do this for you?" he suddenly asked, turning his head back to look at me.

I shrugged and leaned forward, wrapping my arms around his neck, placing my chin on his shoulder, "No. I want you to do this for you. Your happiness happens to benefit me too, so I guess indirectly, yes, I want you to do this for me. Plus, you know this would make your mother extremely happy."

"Why is everyone's happiness linked to me doing the thing I hate most?" he grumbled in annoyance.

"Well as tempting as it is, i'm afraid the special Dara card is going to be ineffective here. Nothing is going to make me do it," he said with finality, "As for my mother's happiness.. I'll think of something else. She'll get over it eventually."

I bit my lip, not wanting to push it any further in fear of him getting angry again, but there was just something that kept telling me I had to get him to do this.

"Come here."

I blinked and turned to see he had gotten into bed and was now holding one arm out towards him whilst the other patted the left side of the bed - my unspoken side of the bed.

I smiled and crawled over, nestling myself into the side of his body as he wrapped his arm around me and covered us with the blanket.

It was silent for a while but I could tell that Jiyong wasn't anywhere near close to sleeping, which was unsurprising. He had a lot on his plate right now.

"Are you thinking about it?"

"No," he denied.

I tried to hold back my smile at how fast he had answered. So he really was considering it.

"I really wasn't," he continued to deny, "I was just.. thinking of nothing in particular."

"I believe you."

"Seriously. I wasn't."

I bit back my laugh at how cute he sounded. He was in so much denial and it sounded like he was trying to convince himself rather than me.

It was silent once again as I gave him time to think everything over in his mind, absentmindedly playing with his hand, my forefinger gently tracing the lines on his hands in curiosity.

"Should.. I..?"

He continued to mutter to himself quietly. I could only catch a couple of words here and there, his mother came up a lot, and me too. It warmed my heart to hear him factor me into the equation.

"Ji," I finally spoke out.

"Hmm?"

"How about a compromise?" I suggested, turning my head and leaning my chin on his chest, looking up at him through my eyelashes.

"What kind of compromise?"

"If you help your Appa out.." I trailed off, wandering if it was right of me to bribe him in such a way. I guess it wouldn't be considered bribing though right? I mean.. by the sounds of it, it looks like he's leaning towards it anyway.

"If I help him out.." Jiyong prompted me, breaking me from my thoughts.

"If you help him.. I will move in with you."

*Blink*

*Blink blink*

"Are you serious?" he asked cautiously.

"Yup."

"No other terms?"

"Nope."

"WHYYY?!" he suddenly burst, causing me to blink in shock at his loud voice.

"Yaah! Shh! Seungri might be asleep!" I whisper yelled at him, slapping his chest.

"The rat is not important right now! You can't just throw out something like that!" he whined childishly, pulling his arm from around me to fold them across his chest.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" I asked in confusion, pushing myself up to lean against the headboard next to him.

"You're a dangerous woman Sandara Park. A dangerous woman," he muttered as he gave me an accusing look.

"Huh?"

"You know just what to say and what to do to make me do things, what are you a puppet master?!" he continued to whine.

"Eh?"

"You know I want you to move in with me! You can't use something like that against me! This isn't a compromise! This is bribery! Blackmail!" he pouted and turned his head away.

"What did you say?" I asked, leaning closer to hear what he had said under his breath.

"I hate you," he muttered childishly.

I rolled my eyes at him, leaning up to peck his pouting lips before lying back down, my back facing him.

"I love you too Jiyong, i'm going to sleep. Have fun deciding," I joked.

"I hate you," he grumbled again as he pulled me into his chest, burying his face into my hair.

"You play so unfair. I can't believe this is the only reason you will move in with me. You won't move in with me, simply because I want you to, but for him you will?" he said with a serious tone.

I flipped in his arms and cupped his cheek leaning up to place a soft kiss on his slightly stubbly chin, "Of course I would want to move in with you because you want me to. You know I would've given in eventually. Just think of this as a little motivation."

"Why do I feel like you're not being sincere?" he huffed.

"I'm being very sincere," I reassured him.

"If you were really sincere you would've agreed when I had asked before and not used it again me like this," he complained before leaning forward to bite my nose playfully.

"Either way, the offers on the table. Take it or leave it," I said with finality before turning back around to lean my back against his chest bringing his arms around to my midriff, interlacing his fingers with my own.

I was seconds away from dreamland when I felt cold air wash over me, causing goose bumps to rise on my skin.

"Jiyong what are.. Hey! YAH! What are you.. HEY!" I exclaimed in confusion, sleep completely leaving me as Jiyong continued to drag me out of his room.

"What are you doing Jiyong? It's the middle of the night!" I asked in annoyance, my eyes narrowing as he draped one of his jackets over my shoulder, "Where are we going?"

"To your apartment," he simply replied before taking my hand in his again and dragging me out before I could make a run for his room and the warmth of his bed.

"Why?" I asked tiredly as I rubbed my eyes, finally surrendering to his will as I dragged my feet.

"To get your things."

"Why?"

"Because you're moving in."

"Okay," I said absentmindedly before I halted in my steps my eyes now wide in shock, "What? I am?"

"Yep."

"That means you're going to help your Appa, you realise this right?" I reminded him.

He sighed, a look of annoyance crossing his face as he nodded, "Yeah. I can't fight against Omma and you combined. I know I would eventually listen to you two. You're the two most important women in my life. If it was going to happen anyway, I might as well get something out of it."

I smiled up at him and circled my arms around his waist, "And you are one of the most important men in my life."

"Now let's go back to bed," I grabbed his hand and tried to drag him back but he didn't budge.

"Jiyoooooong!"

"Nuh uh. I don't think so missy. You're moving in right now."

"It's like 4AM in the morning!"

"I don't care."

"Why are you so stubborn?!"

"I'm not stubborn your stubborn!"

"ME?!"

"Yes you, Ms Stubborn!"

"You're the one who wants me to pack and move all my things at this ungodly hour!"

"Yeah, so?"

"What part of 'IT'S 4AM' do you not understand?! I'm tired!"

"Well then we best get moving then shouldn't we?"

We stood outside on the sidewalk in between the two apartment buildings, glaring at each other for a full five minutes, neither one of us wanting to back down.

I finally huffed, grabbing his hand and pulling him into my apartment complex when I could no longer stand the cold night air.

"I don't get why we can't just do this tomorrow," I grumbled, "What if we end up waking up CL? If she wakes up, i'm leaving you to fend for yourself."

"Because I want to make sure you aren't going to take it back tomorrow morning," he said softly, pulling the jacket around me tighter and zipping it up.

"If I make a promise Ji, i'm not going to take it back," I reassured him.

"I know, but just to be sure," he shrugged, "You're not getting out of this. Come on, let's get started."

 

========

 

"I swear to the high heavens Jiyong, I am going to punch you," CL muttered darkly from behind her coffee cup as she glared menacingly at Jiyong her hair a tousled mess.

I smirked as Jiyong hid behind me, "Erm.. I think we've got everything, shall we head to university? We can move the rest of your stuff later?"

"You just wait Kwon Jiyong. You. Just. Wait," CL spat with a menacing smile, "When you least expect it."

Did.. did Jiyong just whimper?

"Come on CL.. don't be like this," Jiyong tried to reason.

"Oh don't you 'Come on CL' me! I have eye bags! I'm going to bloody look like Seungri's twin!" CL lashed out in annoyance, slamming her coffee cup down with a huff.

"Well you know what people say.. the more time you spend with someone the more you become like them..?" Jiyong tried with an uneasy voice.

"Don't give me that bull crap. I do not want to look like Seungri. I especially don't want his panda eyes!" CL scowled, "Ugh! I'm going. See you later."

With that she grabbed her bag and stormed out of the apartment, past a bewildered Seungri who was stood outside our apartment, presumably to pick up CL and walk with her to class. I watched as he gave us a puzzled look, scratched the back of his head in confusion then turned to follow her, shouting her name to wait for him.

"I told you we should've done this during day time," I said in a 'I told you so' sing-song voice.

I turned to see Jiyong pouting at me pitifully, "Can't you use your best friend card to tame her or something?"

"Nuh uh. One cannot simply 'tame' Lee Chaerin. This is what you get for being so stubborn," I wagged my finger in front of his face, making him pout even further, "Don't pull those puppy dog eyes at me Kwon!"

"You're really going to let your boyfriend's face get punched? Do you know it's practically a federal crime to disfigure something as handsome as my face?" he said as he pointed at his face, trying to look all pitiful.

I shrugged and patted his cheek patronisingly, "You get what you deserve."

"You're mean," he whined, "Women are mean."

"Deal with it."

 

========

 

"You have to keep your side of the bargain now Ji," I reminded him as we made our way to the cafeteria for lunch.

"Yeah yeah I know," he said as he dragged his feet across the floor. Ha. I knew it. He doesn't want to see CL.

"How exactly do you plan on contacting him if you ripped up the card with his number on it?" I questioned with a raised brow, "And pick up your feet, stop dragging them across the floor."

"Yes Omma," he said sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes, "I know his number. Mr Sang has tried giving it me so many times that I have regretfully managed to memorise it."

"When do you plan on calling him?" I asked as we rounded the corner into the cafeteria.

"You mean, when do you plan on calling him?"

"Geez, okay. I'll call him after school," I conceded. Jiyong obviously didn't want it to seem like he was giving in and approaching his father first.

"Er.. how about you call him now?" he quickly said as he tugged at my t-shirt urgently.

"Huh? Why?" I asked as I followed his line of sight to see CL glaring at him from her position on our table, her arms folded across her chest.

"You can be such a big baby sometimes," I rolled my eyes but nevertheless grabbed his hand and pulled him in the opposite direction.

"Hey! Have you seen CL punch? I do not want to be on the receiving end of that! I feel bad for Seungri. He's got it bad," he said with a shiver.

"Yah! I'd be careful what you say before she gives you two black eyes!" I warned as I passed my phone to him, "Now give me his number."

Jiyong scowled but grabbed my phone and quickly jabbed in the numbers before passing the phone back to me.

"Hello?"

"Hello Samchon, it's Dara," I replied back, my eyes narrowing as Jiyong began to fidget in my peripheral vision.

"Oh! Dara? How are you? What gives me the pleasure of having you call?" he said, surprise colouring his voice.

"I was wondering if we could meet up with you today? To discuss some things?"

"R-really?" the tone of surprise in his voice increased ten fold, "O-of course! When would you like to meet?"

I covered the phone with my hand and turned to Jiyong, "When do you want to meet him? After classes?"

"NOW! Let's go now!" he said urgently, "Like seriously! Let's go!"

He grabbed my hand and began running towards the entrance of the university, dragging me behind him, "Huh? What why--"

"KWON JIYONG! GET YOUR BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" CL's voice hollered loudly, reverberating of the walls of the hallway.

 

========

 

"You are in so much deep ."

"Well it's good you're all moved in then aren't you? Now I can avoid her for the next couple of years till she forgets," Jiyong shrugged, pulling out a chair for me to sit on, "What's the big deal with eye bags anyway?"

"She has the memory of an elephant. Good Luck with trying to get her to forget. Even a couple of centuries won't help you," I shivered as memories of a pissed off CL came to the surface, "She takes a lot of pride in her appearance. Plus, if there's one thing that will undoubtedly piss her off it's lack of sleep."

"Sorry i'm late, I just had to deal with something before getting here."

Upon arrival of the guest, Jiyong's face immediately turned into a scowl as he slouched in his seat, making it obvious to the whole world that this was the last place he wanted to be.

"It's okay Samchon, we just got here ourselves right Ji?" I stood up to greet him, kicking Jiyong's foot under the table to try and coax him to do the same. Yeah.. that didn't happen.

"I'm surprised you called me out to meet. What was it that you wanted to talk about?" he asked after ordering some drinks and snacks for us, despite our protests. Okay, my protests. Jiyong seemed to have decided he wanted to play at being mute.

"Cut the crap, you know why she called," Jiyong scoffed.

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!" I scolded, kicking him harshly udner the table.

"Right, sorry," he sat up properly, clasping his hands on the table in a buiness-like manner before staring his father in the eyes, "Please cut the crap Mr Kwon. You know why she called."

"Better?"

I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour, reaching across the table to discretely pinch the side of his waist.

Samchon laughed heartily at the two of us, not seeming to take any offence to Jiyong's rude words, "It's okay Dara. No need to physically abuse him."

Damn. I thought I was being discreet?! I clearly need to work on my skills.

"Yes you're right Jiyong. So I take it this means you are willing to help your old man?" he questioned, directing a fatherly smile towards Jiyong.

"Okay, first, let's get this straight Mr Kwon," Jiyong said as he sat up straighter, once again facing his father with a serious face, "This is how things are going to work. I am going to help you with whatever it is you need help with. If that means that I have to show that I like you, and show that we have the best father-son relaitonship then so be it."

"Really? That would be great Son--"

"Don't interrupt me, i'm not finished," Jiyong cut in sharply, "Unless we are infront of workers or the media, do not call me son. Remember, this will all be an act. Anything I do or say infront of the media or workers is an act. Do not get ahead of yourself and think that me helping you means i've forgiven you."

"I want you to stay away from Omma. I don't want you anywhere near her. I also want you to stay away from Dara, I don't want you to feed her any lies. After this is over, I don't want you to appear in my life ever again."

"Jiyong!" I tried to protest but to my surprise Samchon held his hand up to silence me.

"It's alright Dara. I understand Jiyong. If that is what it takes, then I will do as you have asked," he agreed, his voice also business-like, his eyes guarded, "If it's okay with you, I would like to begin this as soon as possible. Maybe on Monday? The start of a new week?"

Jiyong grudgingly nodded his head, "That's fine. The faster I start the faster I can get you out of my life."

"Alright. Then it's settled. My secretary will come by later to hand you your flight tickets and --"

"What? What are you talking about? Flight tickets?" Jiyong cut in sharply.

"Yes. Flight Tickets to Japan," Samchon said with his brows furrowed, seemingly not understanding the obvious surprise in our reaction.

"Japan?" I repeated in a whisper.

"Why do I need to go to Japan? I'm staying here. In Korea. I will provide my help at the Korean headquarters," Jiyong said firmly.

"No Jiyong. You don't understand, I need you in Japan. Your presence is needed there the most. I need you there to show the Japanese governement, stockholders and investors that you have an intention of taking over the company over there, whether it's just for show or not," he explained.

"No Mr Kwon. You don't understand. I am not leaving Korea. The offer is off the table," Jiyong stood up, his chair scraping loudly across the floor as he grabbed my arm roughly, pulling me up, "Let's go Dara."

I blinked as Jiyong dragged me out of the coffee shop, my brain quickly beginning to process the events that had transpired.

"Wait Ji," I called out, tugging at his arm to stop him as I halted my steps.

"No Dara, I am not agreeing to it."

How could I have let this slip my mind? Of course Jiyong would have to go to Japan, that's where the business was struggling.

"No Dara."

"But Jiyong--"

"I am not going Dara! This is too much! I only agreed with the thought that I would be here, with you. The deal was you would move in with me and I would help him. What is the point in that if I won't even be in the ing country to be with you?!" Jiyong exploded in annoyance, his chest heaving up and down.

I stepped closer to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his chest to hear the rapid beating of his heart from his anger.

"I don't want you to go either Jiyong," I murmured, tightening my hold around his waist. Why would I want to send him to the country where I knew there was someone waiting to pounce on him at any chance she could? Was this why she left for Japan? She knew that Jiyong would soon follow, and when I wasn't there, she would grab the chance to steal him away from me?

"Don't worry, i'm not going," he finally breathed out, embracing me back tightly.

"No Jiyong. I don't want you to go, but you have to go," I insisted, pushing slightly away from him to look at his face, "You need to go Jiyong."

"What are you talking about babe? I'm not going to--"

"At least try it Jiyong. Please?" I pleaded with him. I didn't want him to go, but I couldn't be selfish.

"Why Dara? Why are you so insistent on me helping him? Even to the point of wanting me to go to Japan? Are you trying to get rid of me of something?" he joked, but the way his voice quivered told me he wasn't joking in the slightest. He was actually scared.

I reached up to cup his face and locked his eyes with my own.

"No Jiyong. Of course not. I love you. Never doubt that," I said with a fierceness that I didn't know I posessed, "But you need to do this. It won't be for long. Just think of it as a vacation."

"How can I? When you won't be there with me? I don't think I can go back there Dara."

"Please Jiyong. At least try it? Hmm?" I pleaded with him.

"No Dara--"

"Please. For me."

"I don't understand why this matters so much to you Dara," he said, confusion evident on his face as he searched my eyes, "Is this what you really want?"

My jaw tightened as I stared into his eyes. No. This isn't what I wanted. I didn't want to be seperated from him for any length of time. I can't even remember what life was like before he came back. Of course I didn't want him to go, but.. he needed to spend time with his father. To finally let go of the past, to allow himself to be free and no longer be in fear of people leaving him. I was doing this for him.

"Yes, it's what I really want," I replied robotically as I listened to my mind over my pained heart.

 

========

 

"We're doing this my way. Not your way Mr Kwon. I'm going to give this a one week trial run. If I somehow manage to find it within myself to stand your presence then I will continue to help you. If not, then the deal is off," Jiyong told him authoritatively, "You do not have the right to control me and tell me what to do. Finally, and most importantly, this will not get in the way of my relationship with Dara."

"I will have access to Dara at all times. If I want to see her at 3 ing AM in the morning, then you will have a plane ready for me to come back here, is that clear?" Jiyong said through clenched teeth, "Dara is my first priority. If she needs me, i'll be back here in an instance, regardless of how it will affect your damn business. Understand?"

"Of course. I understand how important Dara is to you. I'm grateful you are still willing to come and help me. Don't worry, there will be transport ready at your disposal if you need to come back here," he easily agreed in a business-like manner that mirrored Jiyong. It was moments like these that you could tell how alike the father and son were.

"Again, I really appreciate this Jiyong. My secretary will be in contact with you. I guess I will be seeing you soon."

With that Jiyong's Appa took his leave, leaving the two of us alone. Jiyong took my left hand in his, neither one of us speaking a word as silence enveloped us. I looked down at our joined hands a bittersweet smile playing on my lips. I hope everything works out in the end and Jiyong will come back to me, a happier and more care-free man, with no traces of bitterness or resentment in his heart.

 

========

 

"HA! Decided you couldn't stand the thought of always watching your back have you Oppa?" CL cackled as we walked into the cafeteria hand-in-hand, cracking her knuckles and rolling her shoulders back.

"Seungri, hold my rings-- actually scratch that, these bad boys will cause more damage," she muttered darkly to herself as she rose from her seat and grabbed onto Jiyong's collar, pulling him closer to her, not having noticed our quietness.

"Chaerin-ah, stop," I said softly as I grabbed her wrist before she could pull it back and land a punch on Jiyong's face.

"WHAT?! Dara! You know I have to get this out of my system. I'm only doing this for Jiyong's good!" she exclaimed incredulously.

"Not now, please," I simply replied back, letting go of Jiyong's hand to grab the hand that was gripping his collar, gently placing her hands back down to her side as she gave me a confused look.

"Yah.. what's up with you two?" she said with furrowed brows but didn't make another move to raise her fists.

"Yeah, why do you look so sad? Has something happened?" Youngbae asked, worry etched into his face as he eyed the two of us, "Is everything okay?"

I adjusted myself in my seat before taking a deep breath, "Jiyong's going to Japan this Monday, to help Samchon with some business matters."

Silence.

"WHAT?!"

"WHY?!"

"YOU CAN'T GO HYUNG!"

All the boys immediately began to protest after my words had finally sunk in, their voices increasing in volume as they tried to speak over each other, causing other tables to look over to see what all the ruckus was about.

"YAH! Would you boys shut the hell up and talk like normal human beings?" Bom suddenly barked in annoyance, glaring each one of them down.

"Why Jiyong? Why is it so sudden? You hated it there.. you hate.. him. Why are you going?" Youngbae finally said after they had all quietened down.

Jiyong sighed heavily, running a hand into his hair roughly before turning to look at me, "Because Dara wants me to go."

They all turned their attention to me, eyes showing obvious confusion, but it was CL's expression that stood out as she stared at me in shock.

"You're just going to go because Dara told you to? What are you? Five? Grow some balls Jiyong," Seunghyun suddenly spoke up, as he studied Jiyong, "You obviously don't want to go."

"Yah.. Dara.. why do you want him to go? I thought.." CL trailed off her eyes reflecting her confusion.

"You're right. I don't want to go Seunghyun," Jiyong admitted before turning to look at me, "But i'd be lying if I said I was just doing this just because Dara wanted me to go. She's right. She knows me well. I will never be at peace unless I get answers to my questions. Only then will I be able to fully move forward in my life."

Seunghyun opened his mouth as if he was going to argue with Jiyong but finally sighed, closing his mouth and nodding, as if he accepted his decision.

"Jiyong, the first semester isn't even over yet and you're leaving? The university isn't going to take kindly to you just leaving. What are you going to do about your classes?" Bom asked her brows furrowed as she spoke in a motherly tone.

"I don't know but it isn't a big deal, I can always start over," Jiyong answered easily.

"Have you really thought this through Jiyong? You know what this might mean right?" Daesung suddenly said as he looked at Jiyong seriously.

The both of them shared a look that I didn't understand. My brows furrowed as I noticed a fleeting look of longing and sadness that crossed Jiyong's features but before I could ask him what Daesung was talking about Youngbae interrupted.

"What about you and Dara? How is that going work?"

Jiyong smiled and grabbed my hand placing a soft kiss at the back of my hand, "We'll be fine. I've made my rules clear. Don't worry guys, if it doesn't work out i'll be back before you know it."

"I mean, we all know you can't survive without me. I am obviously the icky gooey stuff that holds us all together," Jiyong announced cockily.

"PFFFT! I don't think so!"

"YOU?! HA!

"It's obviously me!"

"NO! YOU?! EW! No! I'ts ME!"

I smiled as I watched my friends swiftly move away from the sad topic and begin to bicker amongst one another as to who was better than who. Aish, to think they were being so mature before, and now look at them. We're all just kids at heart aren't we?

"That's just stupid! It's obviously me! Just look at me! LOOK!" Seunghyun pointed at his face animatedly, "I'm the face of the group, and my voice? Don't even get me started on my voice. Without me, what would you all be?!"

I rolled my eyes at Seunghyun's childishness as Bom slapped the back of his head. It was nice to finally see him acting like the bingu Seunghyun that we all knew and loved. It had been a long time.

"Hey guys.. how about we do something this whole weekend? Before hyung leaves?" Seungri suggested, followed by mumurs of agreement.

"That would be really nice. Good one rat," Jiyong smiled playfully at Seungri, pulling me from my seat and onto his lap, wrapping me in a deathly back hug.

"I'll plan it! ME! ME!" Daesung said excitedly, standing up from his seat and even going as far as to raise his hand like a child in a classroom.

"Arasso Dae, you can plan it," I laughed as he beamed at me and sat down.

A whole weekend to spend with Jiyong and the friends that we treated as our own little family? That was just what we needed.


Author's Note:

Annyeong my lovelies!

Apologises if this is a y chapter that will most likely annoy the crap out of you! It feels like I made Dara really bi-polar here, so sorry for that, but this was something that had to happen for the story to progress. I also realised I haven't done much fluffy daragon moments in a couple of chapters, so I am aiming to give you guys a fluff filled chapter next.. Please look forward to it ^^

~Water Phoenix