Chapter 43

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

"Noona, Hyung! Do you really have to go?" Woohyun whined as he grabbed onto my hand, trying to pull me back into the room.

"Noona and Hyung will come back to visit you all soon neh?" I tried to placate him as I ruffled his hair.

"Oppa! When I grow up, i'm going to marry you! Wait for me arasso?!" Min, the girl whom I had played with earlier had grown overly attached to Jiyong in a short space of time.

"Your Oppa is too old for you," I tried to explain as I crouched down beside her, I don't know what possessed me to break her dreams.. was it possessiveness? She was just a little girl for goodness sake!

"ANI! Oppa will marry me! Oppa will wait for me won't you?!" She tugged at Jiyong's hand as she pouted looking up at him.

Jiyong chuckled as he bent down to pick her up, "Sorry Min, Noona is right, Oppa is too old for you. Besides, Oppa already has someone in mind."

SOMEONE IN MIND?! WHO?! I snapped my head up to look at Jiyong in shock. He was seeing someone? How come I didn't know?!

"You're seeing someone?!" I exclaimed as I stood up, looking directly into his eyes, searching.

Jiyong smirked, "No."

"Huh?" I cocked my head in confusion, then he was harbouring secret feelings for someone? Who?

"Not yet anyway," he continued as he flashed me a bright smile, before bending down to place a sulky Min onto the ground, "I hope we soon will be though."

Jiyong liked someone? I felt my heart clench slightly at the thought. Jiyong liked someone and he was planning on making it official. He was already thinking of marriage! I wasn't even aware he was courting anyone! How did he even have time to do that? We were practically joint at the hip! Who was this ?! I quickly shook my head at my own harsh words. 'What the hell Dara? You don't even know the girl, you can't call her a . It's not like Jiyong is yours.' That's right. Jiyong wasn't mine. He was free to date and go out with anyone he liked. So why was I feeling this way? So... so possessive? Of something that wasn't mine in the first place?

"Oh." I said dejectedly as I turned away from him.

"Unnie? Why do you look so sad?" one of the girls looked up at me in curiosity.

"Noona's sad because she's thinking about how long she'll have to wait till she can marry me!" Woohyun explained excitedly, "Isn't that right noona?!"

I chuckled at him before nodding, "Neh."

"Come on Dara, it's time to go," I turned just in time to Jiyong glaring at Woohyun slightly before he offered me a small smile.

I gave him a weird look before nodding and waving at all the kids again before we made our way out.

"N-noona? H-hyung?" Jiyong and I turned to see Jin-young had followed us out.

"What's up little man?" Jiyong asked as he crouched down in front of him.

"Will you really come back and visit?" he asked, looking down at the floor.

"Of course we will!" I reassured him as I gave him a small hug.

He looked up and beamed at the both of us before bringing something from arround his back, presenting it to us, "Sister Hyorin told me to give these to you."

I watched as Jiyong took the three items from him, two of them looked like tickets. I waited patiently as Jiyong unfolded the third, his eyes scanning the paper before he turned to me with a small smile.

"Looks like we've got the day off tomorow." he said as he showed me the two tickets. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I looked at the tickets, beore my eyes widened in excitement.

"LOTTE WORLD?!

========

CL's POV

I cringed as I thought back to how I had thrown myself into Seungri's arms after the fashion show, the same image had been haunting me all night. Lee Chaerin, you are so stupid! How could you allow yourself to give in like that?!

"Chaerin!"

My eyes widened as I heard his voice. I had only recently noticed he had been calling me Chaerin as opposed to CL, and I hated it. It made me feel like that little girl again, and it made me feel closer to him - something I desperately didn't want to happen. I heard his footsteps draw closer and began to panic as I looked left and right. It was lunch and I was supposed to be going to the cafeteria but that would mean I would have to face him. No way was I going to do that. Not yet anyway. Not until I had firmly rebuilt the wall up again.

I quickly scurried away, heading in the direction of my class. I spotted Hyun Joong along the way and grabbed his elbow, beginning to chatter non-sensically to him as I dragged him with me.

Once we entered the safety of the classroom I let go of him, peeking through the door before sighing in relief when I saw no signs of Seungri.

"Er..."

I turned my head to see Hyun Joong giving me a weird look, I coughed as I straightened out my clothes, "Sorry about that."

"It's fine, trying to get away from someone?" he questioned as we walked over to our seats.

"Something like that," I answered vaguely.

"Boyfriend?"

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets at his presumption, "What?! With that rat?! No! No way in hell!"

He chuckled as he eyed me in amusement, "Okay, if you say so."

"Seriously! There's no way in hell!" I continued flustered, knowing he didn't believe me.

"Okay, but from a third person perspective, it looks like that guy has a crush on you," he replied, "Oh! Young Saeng!"

I watched with a gaping mouth as Hyun Joong walked away from me to talk to Young Saeng. Has a crush on me? What!? That's impossible! This guy is crazy! Lee Seungri liking me? HA! As if! I quickly shook my head, snapping my jaw shut as I took out my notebook, trying to ignore the slightly faster beating of my heart.

========

"Chaerin?"

I closed my eyes tightly as I heard his voice again. What the hell was he doing hovering around outside my class?! Okay Chaerin. Just pretened you didn't hear him.

"Chaerin!"

For the love of... *sigh* I turned around, my eyes meeting briefly meeting Seungri's before I quickly averted them, "Yeah what?" I said coldly.

"I erm... I was wondering if you wanted to go out to eat tonight.. with.. me?" he stuttered nervously as he looked down at the floor.

Was he... was he asking me out?!

"Uh.. Er.. I.." I didn't know how to respond, was what he asked even considered as asking someone out? Or was I just looking too deeply into things?

"I mean, if you don't want to go out, I can come over to yours and cook! Or you can come over to my apartment!" he said enthusiastically as he looked up, meeting my eyes.

"Ye-- No. I'm busy," I replied monotonously as I watched as his shoulders slumped slightly, his eyes dimming.

"O-oh? Okay... maybe another time," he said his eyes trained to the ground.

"Mmm," I didn't want to tell him there may be another time, because I didn't want another time.

With that I walked past him, brushing his shoulders slightly as I made my way out of the university, wondering if I had made the right choice.

========

Bom's POV

"Don't wait up for me Seunghyun!" I said cheerily as if nothing had happened the night before, as if I hadn't cried my eyes out and as if I didn't hear anything he had said.

"Why would I wait up for you?" he replied, in the same way he had done the previous time, his eyes trained onto the TV.

I rolled my eyes as I left the apartment. Despite not being very successful with the cake baking I was still determined to learn how to cook. I had now abandoned the baking lessons and was now taking up more late night cooking lessons, so that I could cook for Seunghyun everyday. After all i'm sure he would love a wife that can cook right?

== The next day ==

CL's POV

Since Dara was going on a little date with Jiyong to Lotte World today she had instructed me to go and collect the work she needed to catch up on from the past two days that she was given off. As soon as class was dismissed I made my way towards the business building to look for her classroom.

I casually strolled past each classroom, unintentionally listening in on all the different conversations inside.

"Oh my god! Did you hear about Eunhyuk and Ji-Eun?!"

"Noona, i'm sick of this. Can't you just let go?"

"Oppaaaa! You promised you'd take me out!"

"Lee Seungri! Out of the whole of the business department you were the only person to not raise a single penny for the charity!"

The last conversation peaked my interest as I stopped in front of the door. Lee Seungri? He was getting in trouble? I should've walked past but curiosity got the better of me as I stood infront of the door peeking in through the crack.

There stood in front of a less than pleased teacher was Seungri, his head bowed.

"Sorry," I heard him murmur.

"Sorry? I'm disappointed. I thought your stall was actually the most inventive idea, you had it all set up! Where did you go? What was more important than this?" the teacher asked in dissappointment.

"Sorry, I... I was preoccupied," he apologised, his head still bowed, "It was extremely important to me."

"Important? Pre-occupied? With what? I saw how excited you were. I even paid a visit to your stall, only to see it empty, all your cookng equiptment and ingredients left abandoned."

My eyes widened as I gasped, my hand reaching up to cover my mouth in shock. He.. he abandoned his stall to come and help me? I couldn't help the involuntary warmth that spread through my entire body. I remember how excited he had been when he had talked about his stall, but he never told us what it was, saying it was a surprise. Now I knew. He was going to test out his cooking skills to the public for the first time. He must have been so excited and nervous at the same time, but he left it all. He left it so that he could help me out? He even said it was more important than his stall, what did he mean by that? How could it be more important than his dream?

I heard shuffling, my eyes widening further as I quickly pulled away from the door, running into the classroom next door. I peeked through the door as I watched Seungri walk past dejectedly, his head down. I felt guilt begin to eat me up. He had dropped everything so he could help me, so that I wouldn't look embarrassed. He had given me courage and in return I had turned him down when he had asked me to dinner.

Sighing I crept out of the room, my mind full of confusing thoughts as I tried to find Dara's classroom. 'Lee Chaerin, don't soften up. He chose to help you, you didn't force him. You don't owe him anything!' I thought to myself, but I couldn't help the gnawing feeling of guilt within.

Seungri's POV

I sighed heavily as I lay on the sofa, I wonder what she was busy with? Why do I get the feeling that she's avoiding me? I thought... I thought after the fashion show we would be on better terms or at the very least go back to how we were before, constantly bantering, but no. It had been two days and I had barely said more than a few words to her before she would say she was busy and fly off to god knows where.

Why was she avoiding me?! I growled, sitting up as I rubbed my face in frustration. At times like these I would go over to the club but I knew that the club and all those skimpily dressed girls  wouldn't remove my frustrations. Only one person could remove this horrible feeling and for whatever reason, she was avoiding me.

/knock knock/

I got up and padded my way over to the door, muttering under my breath.

"Yes?--"

*Blink*

"Chaerin?"

I rubbed my eyes but the blonde beauty stayed before me, "Chaerin? What are you doing here?" I asked in shock.

"I guess I miscalculated. I wasn't as busy as I thought I would be..." she shrugged before holding up two bags full of groceries, "So are you going to cook for me?"

I blinked at her, still stunned before a 100 watt smile erupted on my face, all my earlier frustrations immediately evaporated as I grabbed the bags from her, before I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the apartment, "Yes madame!"

========

Dara's POV

"Do you think it would be inappropriate of me to hug Mr Sang tomorrow?" I questioned Jiyong as I bounced in the passenger seat of his car in excitement.

Jiyong chuckled as he raised an eyebrow at me, "I think it would be highly inappropriate."

"He's so awesome though! I can't believe the prize was a day to Lotte World! I haven't been in forever!" I continued, practically vibrating in my seat from happiness, "Hurry Ji! Drive! Drive!"

"Aigoo, so impatient." he cood as he pinched my cheek before turning the ignition of the car on.

========

"Waaaaaaah! Come on Ji! Lets goooo!" As I looked up at the beautiful amusement park I couldn't help but feel like I had been transported back to the time when I was a child. I impatiently grabbed Jiyong's hand as I began to tug him towards the entrance.

As soon as Jiyong had given our tickets I let go off his hand and ran inside, spreading my arms wide as I twirled around, uncaring of the weird looks I was receiving.

"Are you really that happy?" Jiyong asked in amusement, as he watched me twirl.

"Of course! It's been too long!" I replied as I stopped my spinning, my eyes scanning all the different rides, "OOOH! I want to go on that one!"

I made a mad dash for the ride when I felt something hold me back. I turned around with a frown as my eyes trailed down my right arm, down to my hand to see our joined hands. I felt my heart skip a beat as I stared down at our interlaced finders. Sure, i'd held Jiyong's hands before, but never like this. We had clasped hands before, but never had we held hands like this. This felt more... more intimate.

I flickered up to look at him, his soft eyes meeting my own, "We've got the whole day, no need to rush. Lets just enjoy it together hmm?"

Together? I glanced back down at our interlaced fingers when I felt him give my hand a small squeeze. A bright smile lit my face as I walked back to stand beside him, "I would like that. Together."

========

"HOLY JI! WHEN WE GET DOWN FROM HERE, I'M GOING TO FRY YOUR ! AHHHHHHHHHH!" Despite my threatening words I clung onto Jiyong's arm for dear life as I buried my face into his shoulder, muffling my screams.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Dara, it's finished."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Dara! It's finished!"

I blinked as I pulled away from his shoulder, peeking around to see people climbing out of the rollercoaster shooting me odd looks. I quickly pulled away from Jiyong a blush colouring my cheeks in embarrassment as I scrambled out of the ride.

I stumbled slightly from dizziness when I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, steadying me. I turned around and glared, "YAH! You lied! That was not fun at all! I felt like my head was going to fall off! I think I need to go back and retrieve my heart, I think it got left behind with all my other organs from the speed of that horrible horrible ride!"

"I beg to differ. I thought it was very fun," he pulled me closer to him as he leaned down, his hot breath tickling my ear, "If you're so worried about losing your heart... you can have mine."

My eyes widened as I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. Have his heart? I quickly pushed him away from me and gave him the best glare I could muster, "Aish! Stop joking around!"

I abruptly turned away from him and strode off as I tried to calm the loud beating of my heart. What was he doing to me? I felt his large warm hands lace with my own again and tried to pull away but he just tightened his grip.

"Who said I was joking?" he whispered before he casually walked ahead of me, dragging a very confused and flustered me along with him.

========

"Lets go over here," Jiyong suggested as he began to tug me along with him.

"What? No! We can't go there Ji, that's for couples!" I protested as I turned in the opposite direction and walked away tugging at his arm.

"Jiiiii! Lets go over there instead!" I whined as I used all of my power to try and pull him away.

"We'll go there afterwards," he continued to tug at my arms. We must have been a sight to see as we both tried to walk off in complete opposite directions, our hands firmly interlocked together. Unfortunately Jiyong was much stronger than I was and he easily dragged me towards the boat ride, but I didn't go down without a fight, as my heels dragged against the floor.

I pouted as we stood in the queue surrounded by couples. I tried my best not to look at them as they cuddled and shared sweet kisses, it made me feel so awkward.

"Aigoo, it's just a boat ride!" he cooed as he pinched my cheek. I pulled away from him in irritation as I folded my arms across my chest.

"I'll treat you later hmm?" he tried again.

I gave him a sideways look, "Anything?"

"Anything," he confirmed.

"Okay," I unfolded my arms and turned towards him, "Why'd you want to go on here anyway? It's boring!"

"Thought it would be nice and relaxing, maybe on this one you won't clutch my arm so hard and cut my blood supply off," Jiyong teased.

"I didn't hold on that hard!" I denied, "You're just a wuss!"

"Did you just call me a wu--"

"Next!" the employee said boredly, as she popped her chewing gum unattractively, gesturing to the next boat.

"Ji.. it's so dark! I can barely see!" I complained as I gripped onto his hand and tried to look around, "What are you doing! Don't let go! Don't leave me!" I began to panic as I felt Jiyong's hand leave my own.

"Calm down Dara, i'm not going anywhere. I'm here," I felt his hands grab both of mine as he guided me towards the small boat, my feet bumping into the sides of it, "Be careful, one foot at a time."

I finally got into the small boat safely but gripped onto Jiyong's shirt tightly as I felt it tilt and wobble under our weight.

"Come on, sit." I felt Jiyong put his arm around my shoulder as he gently pushed me down, the both of us sitting on the hard wooden seat.

"I swear Jiyong, if you let me fall into this water. I will castrate you," I threatened, earning a chuckle.

"I won't let you fall in, it's perfectly safe," he reassured his arm still around my shoulder, as I automatically snuggled into his side.

"Woaahh!" I gripped onto his shirt as I felt the boat jerk to a start.

After a while I felt myself begin to relax as the boat gently moved us along and I leaned my head on his chest, "You're right Ji, this is quite relaxing."

"Why is it so dark though?" I said in confusion, there wasn't anything at all, just pure darkness. Nothing scary popping out, no kind of shows. Nothing.

Instead of replying Jiyong just pulled me closer. I frowned, as I sat up, pulling away from him slightly, "Did you see that Ji? That flash of light?"

"Flash of light? What flash of light?" he asked innocently.

"The flash of light! Just before! Didn't you see it?!" I exclaimed.

/flash/

"I don't know what you're talking about Dara, you're imagining things." 

"I'm not imagining things!," I pouted as I leaned onto him again.

/flash/

*Blink*

*Blink Blink*

I slowly turned my head towards Jiyong as my hand reached up to caress my cheek.

"Come on, it's over. Lets go," Jiyong stood up and placed his hands on my waist lifting me up and placing me onto the ground before climbing out of the boat himself.

I was still staring at him in shock, my hand cupping my cheek as he grabbed my other hand, immediately locking our fingers together as he guided me out of the darkness and into the light, leading me towards a counter where there were floods of couples from earlier on.

"Aigoo! Look at your cute little pout," Jiyong commented a he pointed at the photo on the screen.

"Can we have two copies on key rings please?" I heard Jiyong ask as I continued to stare at the photo.

There I was curled up into Jiyongs side, with Jiyongs arm around my shoulders with a pout on my face as Jiyong leaned down to place a kiss on my cheek.

"Awww! Jagiya! Aren't they so cute? Why aren't we like that?" I turned to see a young woman pointing at Jiyong and I in the picture, looking at it enviously.

I blushed as I turned away, even I couldn't deny how much we looked like a couple. It didn't help that we went on a couple ride! What was odd was that I wasn't embarrassed that people thought of Jiyong and I as a couple, but rather I was blushing with pride. For once, I didn't mind that people thought of us as a couple. I think... I think I even liked it? What the hell was wrong with me? Jiyong and I aren't even dating!

"Here, this one's yours," I blinked, as I looked at the key ring dangling in front of me, the picture printed on both sides. I slowly reached up for it, holding it gingerly in my hand as I continued to stare at it.

"Come on, lets go on that ride you wanted to go on," Jiyong grabbed my free hand and tugged me away from the boat ride. I took one last glance back at the boat ride, a smile on my face as I safely tucked the keyring into my pocket.

========

"You want one?" I heard Jiyong ask as he stopped walking.

"Want what?" I asked as I stopped walking too, looking up at him in confusion.

"One of them," he gestured with his head to one of the huge teddy bears I had been staring at ever since we had walked past it.

I really did want one, but I was never good at those kind of games. I smiled and quickly shook my head as I tried to walk away when I felt him pull me in the direction of the stall.

"I know you do, you've been staring at it," he said to me before turning to the employee, "I'd like to try for one of those bears."

"You have three balls, knock down 10 of the cans and you get a small prize. Knock down 15 and you get a medium-sized prize, knock down all 20 and you qualify for the biggest prize." the employee explained as he placed three balls in front of Jiyong.

Jiyong let go of my hand as he picked up one of the balls, swinging his arm back and forth as if judging the throw before finally letting go of the ball. I watched as a large majority of the cans fell before Jiyong picked up the second ball, repeating the steps. This time only two of the cans fell. He picked up the final ball and threw it with force, but this time only knocked down the one.

He frowned before asking the employee for another three balls. I watched as he repeated the same process, but still didn't manage to knock down all the cans.

"Ji, just leave it, lets go." I tried to pull him away but instead he asked the employee for a further three balls.

I sighed as I watched him throw the first of the three balls, I could tell from his back that he was beginning to get frustrated.

"Look Jagiya, he can't even get his girlfriend a bear," I heard someone snigger. I turned my head to see a stuck-up looking couple a couple of steps away from us, watching Jiyong and I as if we were animals.

"I know, how pathetic! Not unlike you oppa! Oppa jjang!" she said cutely as she clung onto the guys arm hugging the bear in the other.

I wanted to tell them we weren't a couple but right now that wasn't my priority. I turned to look at Jiyong, no doubt he had heard those words as his back was stiff and rigid, his grip on the second ball tightening. Oh god. The Dragons pride and ego had been damaged.

I watched as he flung the ball in annoyance, the ball completely missing the target, followed shortly by obnoxious laughter coming from the direction of the stuck-up couple. For s sake did they not have better things to do?!

I grabbed onto Jiyong's arm as I tried to pull him away again, "Seriously Ji, lets just go. I don't want one anyway."

He looked over his shoulder at me, his eyes glaring down at me with determination and of a damaged ego, "I don't care if you want it or not Dara. I'm getting you that ing bear."

I gulped, nodding as I let go of his arm, stepping back slightly. I heard him sigh his body untensing slightly as he turned to face me, cupping my cheeks gingerly with his hands.

"Sorry Dara, I didn't mean to shout at you," he said softly his eyes now gentle, as he my cheeks with the pads of his thumbs, "But I'm not leaving here till I get you that damn bear." he leaned down to place a quick kiss on my forehead before letting go and turning back around.

I softened, my heart fluttering. So he wasn't just doing it because of the rude words of the stuck-up couple but because he really wanted to get me the bear? I tapped him on the shoulder as he picked up the last ball.

He looked over at me in curiosity as I nervously stepped forward, going on my tip toes as I wrapped my hands around his neck, leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on his cheek before whispering in his ear, "You can do it Ji. Hwaiting!"

I pulled away from him, stepping back as I looked down trying to hide my blush. It was just an innocent peck on the cheek, but it was the first time I had ever initiated anything. It was always Jiyong, never me.

I glance up at him through my eyelashes, catching a quick glimpse of his wide smile before he turned around raising his arm, the final ball in hand. I lifted my head up fully as I watched him draw his hand back, before lobbing it at the cans with certainty, knocking them all down with that single shot.

/ding ding ding/

"Congratulations sir! You've won one of the biggest prizes! You can pick between the two largest bears!" the employee said cheerily as he pointed to the two bears at the top.

Jiyong leaned back, his arm reaching out to naturally wrap around my waist, pulling me towards his side, "Which one do you want babe?"

*blink*

BABE?! Did he just say babe?! Did he just call me babe?! What the-?!

I felt Jiyong squeeze my waist, taking me away from my thoughts. I looked up at the two large bears. One of them was a large sleeping panda whilst the other was a large dragon. I normally would've chosen the panda... But the dragon reminded me of Jiyong so much, "That one, I want that one!"

The employee carefully grabbed the dragon before passing it to Jiyong. Kekeke, they really did look alike! Jiyong turned towards me with a bright smile, his eyes shining with pride, "For you."

I gratefully accepted the dragon bear and held it tightly, snuggling my face into the soft fur.

"Come on, lets go play something else," Jiyong grabbed my hand and began to lead me away when I stopped.

"Lets go this way," I suggested pulling him in the direction of the stuck-up couple. Jiyong may not have been bothered by them but I certainly was.

"Jagiya! Thankyou soooo much! This bear is so huge!" I exclaimed loudly, stopping beside the stuck-up couple to pointedly look down at the girls small bear in y amusement.

"Only the best for you babe," Jiyong played along as he pulled me into his side, sending a smirk towards the guy before he dragged me away.

========

"I'm going to call it G-Dragon! GD for short!" I exclaimed as I beamed at the dragon before pulling it in for another hug.

"G-Dragon?" Jiyong looked at me, cocking his eyebrow, "Why G-dragon?"

"Becauseeee it reminds me so much of you! Plus you got it for me!! G for Ji, and Dragon - the English translation of yong!" I explained as I shoved the dragon in his face.

Jiyong chuckled as he pushed it away from his face, "Very creative, I approve."

"I know right!? Ji can we-- OOH! Lets play on that!"

"You want to play a shooting game?" Jiyong asked in amusement.

"It's not really shooting! It's like a water pistol!" I placed GD on the counter beside me as I picked up the gun.

"Do you even know how to use these?" Jiyong asked as he picked up the gun and looked at me.

"No, but it can't be that hard," I held the gun up and tried to aim at the target, missing terribly. I pouted as I tried again, only to do worse than before.

"You're supposed to hold it like this," I tensed slightly as I felt Jiyongs chest connect firmly to my back, his hands over mine as he guided me in holding the gun.

I pulled the trigger and the water hit the practice target's bullseye, "O-okay, I think I've got it now Ji." I wriggled slightly and I think he got the hint as he let go, making his way back beside me to pick the other gun up.

"Lets have a competition?" Jiyong suggested.

"Competition? What competition?" I asked, intrigued.

"Whoever can fill up the balloon with water the fastest wins and has to treat the other to food."

"Sounds good. You're going down Kwon Jiyong!" I said with determination as I positioned the gun.

"Don't be too full of yourself rabbit," he quipped back as he positioned his own gun.

"On 3! 1... 2... 3!"

I quickly pulled the trigger and aimed it in the clowns mouth in the same way Jiyong had taught me. I smiled smugly as I watched the balloon above the clowns head slowly fill up.

I turned towards Jiyong's balloon and my smug look fell when I noticed how much faster his was filling up, he was doing it effortlessly too! Damn! I can't lose!

I looked down at the water gun in my hand, a smirk on my face as I changed its target - Jiyongs face.

As soon as the water touch his face Jiyong let go of his water gun in shock, turning to gape at me.

"Kekeke, you look like a fish Ji!" I teased as I squirted some water into his open mouth.

"Oh... You are one dead rabbit..." my eyes widened as he picked up the gun, aiming it directly at me.

"Nooooo-- *cough cough*" I choked on the water he sprayed at me, grabbing around for my gun to defend myself.

The clown and balloons were soon forgotten as Jiyong and I began our full on water fight, uncaring of all the weird looks we were getting and the cries for the employee to stop.

/wolf-whistle/

I continued to giggle as I sprayed water at Jiyong, unaware that he had stopped and was now observing me in alarm.

"Ji? What are you doing?" I asked in confusion as I watched Jiyong quickly take his jacket off, throwing it over my body.

"Thanks, but I'm not cold Ji," I pulled the jacket away from me when Jiyong lunged towards me pulling me firmly to his chest.

"Keep it on Dara. You're top is see-through," he hissed into my ear as he glared over his shoulder at a group of youths, "I swear I'm going to ing kill them!"

"See-through?" I repeated in confusion before it finally clicked. I was wearing a white t-shirt, the water must've made it see-through!  Heat rushed to my cheeks as I pushed myself closer into Jiyong's chest. 

I peeked over his shoulder at the youths to see them jeering at our direction, I shrunk down in embarrassment wishing a hole would just appear and swallow me whole.

"That's it!" I felt Jiyong pull me away from him as he began to stalk over to the group of youths. I gasped in alarm as I ran after him grabbing onto his arm.

"Just leave it Ji, it's not worth it!" I began to tug at him trying to pull him away.

" Dara! I told you to wear the jacket!" Jiyong shouted as he picked the jacket up that had dropped onto the floor when I had ran and wrapped it securely around me again.

/wolf-whistle/

"I'm going to rip their ing eyes out!" Jiyong roared as he began to stalk over to them, a dark murderous aura surrounding him. Oh god, he's going to go down for murder if I don't stop him now.

I chased after him again, this time wrapping my arms around his waist in a back hug, "Don't go Ji, just leave it. They're just a bunch of juvenile kids."

"They were leering at you Dara! Don't you have any form of self respect?!" he said harshly as he tried to pull away. 

I tightened my grip on him, ignoring his harsh comment, "Please don't go."

He sighed heavily before turning around, "They were leering at you!"

"I know, but it's not worth it." I rubbed his arms in an attempt to calm him down.

/wolf-whistle/

"No, I have to teach those bastards a lesson in respect!" he said angrily as he pulled away again.

"Jiyong! If you take one more step I'm going to take this jacket off of me!" I threatened as I began to take the jacket off of me.

"Dara..." he warned, his jaw clenched.

"If you don't want them to see me you're going to have to hold me, because I'm not wearing this!" I threw the jacket at him and Jiyong immediately pulled me to his chest.

"You are so bloody stubborn!" he grumbled in defeat as he began to walk in the opposite direction, grabbing GD along the way, the both of us waddling like penguins since I was pressed into his body.

"But you still love me!" I blurted out, my eyes widening as I stared at his chest in shock at my own words. ! I didn't mean it in that way!

Jiyong didn't seem phased as we continued to waddle, "Yeah, I still love you."

I tensed in his arms, my heart beating erratically as his words rang in my ear.

"Yeah, I still love you"

"Love you"

Of course he loves you Dara! He loves you like a friend. I mean you love him too right? Like... Like a friend?

========

"COTTON CANDY!" I screamed in delight as I made a beeline towards the stall selling the pink fluffy goodness.

I had dried off since the water fight incident but Jiyong had insisted that I wore his jacket as we played on all the other stalls.

"Ahjussi, can I have one stick of cotton candy please?" I leaned my face onto the glass window as I watched him scoop up a healthy amount of the fluffy candy, wrapping it around the white stick.

"That's 5800 won please agashi," the server said as he handed me the delightful treat. I was about to take my purse out when Jiyong reached out and handed the server some notes.

Seeing my questioning gaze he turned to me, "My treat, for going on the boat ride with me."

I smiled at him before turning to the cotton candy in my hands, leaning in to slightly bury my face in the pink fluff.

/flash/

I blinked as I looked to see Jiyong with his phone in hand, smiling at it before showing it to me.

"Cotton Candy Kiss!" I giggled as I took a small bite of the cotton candy before offering the stick to Jiyong.

"It's okay, I don't really like cotton candy," Jiyong said as he tried to push it away. I pouted as I shoved it in his face again.

"How can you not like cotton candy?!" I asked incredulously, "Hold it!" I shoved it in his hand as I pulled my own phone out, holding it up and positioning Jiyong on the screen.

"Cotton Candy Kiss!" I demanded as I used my free hand to push the candy into his face.

I watched as Jiyong rolled his eyes before obeying my words.

/flash/

"Kekeke, so cute!" I giggled as I looked at it, "New background picture!" I quickly changed my background picture from the picture of Jiyong and I at the cake decorating cafe to that of Jiyong's cotton candy kiss before grabbing Jiyong's phone from his hand and setting myself as his.

"Look! If we put our phones together likes this, it looks like we're sharing a cotton candy ki--" my eyes rounded as I cut my sentence off short, abruptly pulling the two phones apart and shoving his phone back into his hand before grabbing the cotton candy back.

I quickly shoved my blushing face into the cotton candy, camouflaging with the pink fluff.

"You mean like this?" I pulled back slightly to peek over the huge ball of fluff to see Jiyong leaning into the cotton candy, mirroring me, as he looked into my eyes before taking a small bite, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Hmm, it takes nicer like this," Jiyong hummed in appreciation as he dipped his mouth back down, taking another bite.

========

"It's getting late," I commented as I stared up into the dark sky, my left hand interlocked with Jiyong's right hand, whilst GD was snuggle under my right arm.

"We've gone on all the rides, I guess it's time to go home," I said reluctantly. I had really enjoyed today and I was sad to see it ending, I wish I could just keep repeating this day over and over again, but I guess all good things have to come to an end.

"Not all of the rides," Jiyong walked off in another direction, pulling me along with him.

"Ferris wheel?" I looked up at the large wheel, as we stood in the short queue.

"I think it would be a nice way to end the night," Jiyong replied simply as we were ushered into a capsule of our own, the door sliding closed behind us.

We sat down on the bench, looking through the clear capsule into the dark night sky as the wheel began to move. I placed GD on the seat beside me as I stood up, walking till I hit the edge of the capsule, my hands reaching up to lean on the clear glass as I looked down taking in the entire view of the amusement park.

It wasn't long before I felt the familiar strong arms that I had grown so accustomed to, wrapping around my waist. I leaned back onto his built chest, my hands leaving the glass window as I placed them over his.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I murmured as I stared up into the night sky, the bright stars shining  around the full white moon.

"There's no words to describe this beauty," he whispered back as his grip tightened around my waist.

As I stood in the arms of Jiyong, looking up into the unknown that's when everything finally fell in to place. I knew why I was so possessive of him. I knew why it pleased me that people thought of us as a couple. I knew why I loved to be wrapped in the safety of his arms, his presence always calming me. I knew why it hurt whenever I thought of us as just friends. I knew why my heart always seemed to want to leap out of my body whenever he was around, or at his slightest touch. I, Sandara Park had fallen in love with Kwon Jiyong, my childhood arch nemesis.

I felt my heart explode in happiness, that it had finally managed to make that vital connection with my brain. I wanted to jump around in joy, but I couldn't. Instead I felt my eyes glaze over with tears. Why?

"Oppa already has someone in mind."

That's right. Kwon Jiyong already had feelings for someone else, and he was already thinking of marriage with them. There was no room in his heart for me. I felt a tear run down my face, my heart aching painfully at the thought of Jiyong belonging to someone else.

"Dara, I want to tell you something"

"What's up?" I replied as I tried to keep my voice normal, holding back my tears.

"This is really important, and I want you to look at me whilst I tell you," Jiyong loosened his grip as he turned me around.

"Dara? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asked in alarm as he quickly wiped my tears away, his eyes searching my wet ones in concern.

"N-nothing's wrong. Everything's perfect." I stuttered as I stared back into his eyes, hoping I could see through to his soul.

"Dara, please stop crying, tell me what's wrong," Jiyong begged as he tried his best to wipe my falling tears away.

"Just hold me please Jiyong." I buried my head into his chest, breathing in his familiar scent as he wrapped his arms tightly around me, rocking me back and forth as he tried to calm my cries. I'm going to miss this, so much. Soon he'll have that special girl in his life and I won't be able to do this anymore.

"If you're so worried about losing your heart... you can have mine."

I cried harder as his words from earlier rang in my mind. I was worried about losing my heart but it was too late. Far too late. It was beyond my control becase I had already lost my heart. I had lost my heart to Kwon Jiyong and I so badly wanted his in return. How I wish I could really have his heart... but his heart didn't belong to me.

Jiyong's POV

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Dara murmured as she stared up into the night sky

"There's no words to describe this beauty," I whispered back as I looked at the reflection of her in the glass, my grip tightening around her waist.

I continued to stare unabashedly at the beauty before me, savouring the feeling of having her in my arms. I wish I could just hold onto her forever, and I intend on making my wish come true. I followed her gaze into the dark night sky, my heart beating with certainty. It was time.

"Dara, I want to tell you something," I started. I was nervous as hell but I managed to push the shakiness in my voice away

"What's up?"

"This is really important, and I want you to look at me whilst I tell you," I really wanted to look into her eyes as I told her how I really felt about her and hopefully she would feel the same way as me or at least give me the opportunity to make her fall for me. I loosened my grip around her waist, turning her around.

"Dara? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked in alarm as I tried to wipe away her tears. Why was she crying? Was she hurt? 

"N-nothing's wrong. Everything's perfect." she stuttered as she stared back into my eyes, as if she were searching for something.

"Dara, please stop crying, tell me what's wrong," I begged as I tried my best to wipe away all her tears. Had someone hurt her? I swear to god if someone has hurt her, I will kill them with my own bare hands!

"Just hold me please Jiyong." she whimpered as she buried her head into my chest. I immediately wrapped my arms tightly around her, hoping to provide her with comfort and secuirty as I rocked her back and forth, in an attempt to calm her cries.

I lay my cheek on her head, letting out a small sigh. I guess tonight wasn't going to be the right time to tell her.


Author's Note:

Annyeong my amazing subscribers! Sorry I couldn't update yesterday! As i've said life is getting hectic, but I always try to make up for it! So this is a super duper long chapter! Finally Dara realises her feelings too! I want to dedicate the cotton candy scene to status_single, took me 25 chapters but as promised I eventually put the cotton candy scene in! Hope you all enjoy! ^^

P.S.

                

This is what I meant by interlaced hands as opposed to clasped hands, and that's the shooting game I was talking about, you basically shoot water into the clowns mouth and the balloon above its head will fill up

Cotton Candy Kiss from Dara to all of you! ^^

~Water Phoenix