Chapter 24

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

Jiyong and I were the first ones to arrive as we stood in front of the cinema waiting for the others.

"Let's go in and have a look at the films first," Jiyong suggested. I nodded my head in agreement as we walked in and began walking around, looking at all the posters advertising the different films that were currently screening.

"DARA UNNIEEEE!" I whipped my head around upon hearing my name being called.

"Mingkki-ah!" I opened my arms wide as Minzy ran up to me enveloping me in a hug, "What are you doing here?"

"Nappeun Unnie!! You didn't invite me to come shopping with you!" Minzy started to fake cry as she hit me lightly on the shoulder.

"Mianhe maknae! I didn't even know you were coming," I apologised as I ruffled her hair.

"CL-unnie called me just before... She sounded really distressed," Minzy giggled then stoppedw hen she realised I wasn't alone, "Annyeong Jiyong oppa!!" she said sweetly waving at Jiyong.

Jiyong chuckled at the maknaes aegyo before offering a small wave back.

Minzy eyed the two of us, her eyes resembling her cousins in how they were swimming with questions, "What are you and Jiyong oppa doing togeth--"

"Ssantoki unnieeeee!" I snapped my my head toward the direction of the voice, relieved that Minzy wasn't able to finish her question so that I didn't have to reply.

I couldn't contain the giggle that escaped from my lips.

There storming up to us was a worn out CL, looking like she'd lost the will to live. She must really be distressed - she hardly ever called me unnie.

"I don't care anymore... Never.. Never leave me with this rat again!" she violently pointed behind her, speaking like she'd been traumatised. I leaned to the right to see Seungri had trailed behind her, sulking.

"You're so ungrateful! I just carried all your stupid materials for you!" Seungri whined, "Did you really have to buy the whole shop?! My arms are about to fall off!"

"Yah quit your whining! I'm tired of hearing your voice!" CL quipped back, not even bothering to turn around to look at him.

"Oppas!" Minzy called out waving frantically.

We all turned around to see TOP, Youngbae and Daesung had just arrived.

"You guys ready to go watch a film?" Daesung asked flashing us his bright smile whilst holding up pre-bought tickets.

"Oh! You already brought tickets? What are we watching?" I asked as I tried to take a look at the tickets.

Daesung quickly hid them away from my prying eyes, "You'll see soon enough Noona." he replied evasively.

I eyed him suspiciously as he continued to give me one of his innocent smiles.

"Come on let's go get popcorn and drinks!" Bae suggested, as we all followed him to the food counter.

"Hmm.. Let's see.. There are.. 1..2.... 8 of us. Can we have 8 popcorn and drink combos please," Bae said to the worker.

"Just 7, Dara and I will share," Jiyong cut in before the worker could get to work.

"Make that 6! Chaecat and I will share too!" Seungri said swinging his arm around CL's shoulders like they were the best of friends.

"As if I'd share with you" she scoffed, shrugging his arm off, "Make it 7 please, don't listen to this rat." 

The worker nodded his head slowly, confused as to how many he should make.

"Why bother sharing Ji? I own the place so everything's free anyway, just get your own," TOP cut in, his voice slightly teasing.

"Hyung, want not waste not! I thought you took business? You're wasting company resources!" Jiyong said, dramatically.

"Really Ji? Popcorn is hard company resources," TOP said crossing his arms and rolling his eyes.

"I want my own!!" I whined, "I don't want to share!"

"Too bad," Jiyong said with finality in his voice. I pouted and began to sulk. I absolutely loved popcorn, and I was certain I could eat a whole box to myself, I didn't want to share it!

"Fine! But if I run out of popcorn half way through the film... So help me god Ji because I will make you get me another!" I threatened as I glared up at him, to see him rolling his eyes at me.

"Here you go guys" the worker said, bringing our attention to the 7 sets of popcorn and drinks, before scurrying off.

Jiyong passed me the popcorn whilst he held the drink, taking a sip out of the straw.

"Leth go?" I said, my mouth already jammed pack with popcorn. I wasn't looking where I was going when I bumped into someone some of my popcorn falling to the floor.

"NOOOOOOO! My babiees!" I whined dramatically as I watched them fall to the floor. 

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was goi-- Jae?" I began to apologise, when I realised the person I had bumped into was Jaejoong.

"Oh hey Dara! Fancy seeing you here!" he said giving me a bright smile, "Sorry about your popcorn" he apologised whilst looking at my babies who were chilling on the floor.

"It's fine... Are you here alone?" I asked as I looked around him to see if he had company.

"Yeah, I really wanted to watch this film but all my friends were busy," he said sadly, shrugging his shoulders.

"Aw, well you can join us if you'd like?" I offered. I'm sure the group won't mind if Jae tags along.

"Are we going to watch the same film?" he asked as he held his ticket up.

Daesung rushed in front and shielded my eyes, "Yeah looks like we are," I said as I slapped his hands away.

"How convenient..." I heard Jiyong mutter sarcastically beside me, but I ignored him.

"Sure! Why not! If your friends don't mind...?" he said uneasily, taking a glance behind me. I turned around to see the guys glaring at him, whilst CL had a 100 watt smile - completely different from her worn out look before - whilst Minzy looked passive.

"Don't mind them, it's fine! Come on! Kaja!" I said as I began to walk toward the screening room.

"You guys go ahead," I heard Jiyong say as he pulled me back towards the food counter.

"So you're getting your own now?" I asked confused as to why he'd brought us back here.

"No," he grabbed the popcorn in my hand and turned to the server, "Could you top it up please?" he asked before turning back around to face me, "I don't want you whining about your lack of popcorn before the film even starts" he explained, rolling his eyes.

We finally made our way into the movie theatre and I squinted in the dark as I tried to find our friends. Oh! There they are! I can spot TOP oppa from a mile away.

We carefully made our way up the stairs in the dark. It didn't escape my notice that Jaejoong was sitting a couple of seats away from TOP. He was either afraid, or thought he had rabies, it was defintiely one or the other.

We shimmied our way past our friends, Daesung was at the end, sat next to Minzy, who had Youngbae to the left of her. CL was wedged inbetween Youngbae and Seungri, trying her very best to stay as far away from Seungri as possible, practically sitting on Youngbaes lap in her attempt to get away. Sat next to the sulking panda was TOP oppa who looked positively bored. Jiyong sat beside TOP and placed our drink in the drink holder.

I stayed stood up, my eyes flitting between the seat beside Jiyong and Jaejoong who was sat a couple of seats down from us.

"Don't even think about it," I heard Jiyong hiss as he grabbed my arm and pulled me down to sit beside him. I looked at Jaejoong again, he looked so lonely!

"Pssstt! Jae!" I whisper yelled, leaning towards him. He looked around upon hearing my name, giving me a questioning look, "Sit here!" I said pointing to the seat on the left of me. Jae's eyes flickered to above my head, before grinning and standing up to sit beside me.

"Why did you sit all the way over there?"I asked as I began munching on my popcorn.

"Oh.. well I don't think your guy friends really like me," he replied without hesitation. 'Eh??'

"I'm sure you're reading too much into it, they're reeally nice." I said, not being able to keep the defensive tone out of my voice.

"Mmm," he said unconvincingly before turning back toward the large screen.

"Tch!" I heard to the right of me. I turned to see Jiyong looking less than pleased.

"What?" I asked him, why was he being so moody?

"Nothing," he said as he dug his hand into the popcorn box shoving some into his mouth grumpily.

"No seriously, wh--"

"Eat your popcorn," he said shoving some popcorn in my mouth, almost causing me to gag from the amount he'd managed to shove in. I swear my mouth had just stretched to new extremes.

"Yeesh, what's up with you," I muttered under my breatha once i'd finally managed to eat the popcorn he'd shoved in my mouth. I grabbed the drink and noticed there was only one straw. I looked up at him to give him an accusing look, only to see him shrug.

"Company resources," he simply replied.

I rolled my eyes as I took a sip from the drink. I then leaned back in my seat my eyes now glued to the screen that was currently showing advertisements. 'I wonder why Daesung was being so secretively about the film...' I pondered as I allowed my mind to scan through all the posters Ji and I had seen before the guys arrived. I blanched when the final image came up.

Noooo! No! Nuh-uh! Hell No! No frickin' way! I shoved the popcorn box into Jiyong's arms and quickly stood up, causing everyone to look up at me.

"Daesung... when you get out of this movie theater.." I said threateningly as I brought my hand up to move across my throat. He quickly shoved popcorn in his mouth before hiding behind the confused Minzy.

"You guys enjoy the film," I said as I began to walk off when Jiyong caught my arm.

"You're going to enjoy the film with us," he said as he began to tug at me to sit down.

"No I'm not!" I protested as I tried to pull my arm back.

"Yes you are, now get your back in that seat!" he commanded.

I quickly shook my head, I'm not backing down without a fight, "ANDWAE!"

"Dara. Sit." he said threateningly.

"No! I uh... I uh.. YEAH! I need the toilet!" I exclaimed as I crossed my legs and began to wriggle around like I needed to pee.

"You're not going anywhere. If you have to pee in your seat then so be it." he said with finality.

"Jiyongggg!" I said, immediately dropping my 'I need to pee act' and changed my tactics to whining, "I don't want to! Don't make me pleasee!"

"No." he simply replied.

"You're mean. I hate you." I muttered in defeat. I felt him give my arm another harsh tug, practically throwing me in my seat. I began to pout and sulk. 'I hate you all! I'm going to get new friends after this! After I slaughter this bunch... Daesung you're up first, then you Jiyong! *cracks knuckles*' I was deep in thought, thinking up differernt ways of getting rid of my friends without leaving any evidence whe--

"Don't you like horror movies Dara?" Jaejoong's voice cut in, interuppting the visual I was having of running Jiyong over with a lawn mower.

"No. I hate them. I can't sleep for days afterwards." I replied, not attempting to hide my distaste for them. I loved movies. I'd watch many, and rarely disliked any except horror movies. I couldn't handle them. All the blood and gore and... I shivered in my seat, already beginning to prespire from fear whilst looking at the screen, that was currently showing a cute puppy advertisement.

I heard Jaejoong chuckle, "It's alright Dara, it's perfectly normal to be scared of horror films. You can have my jacket if you'd like? To cover your face when you get scared?" he offered.

I turned to look at him, my eyes shining with gratefulness, nodding rapidly as I reached out, placing my hands out palms up, waiting for him to take his jacket off when--

/swish/

A jacket landed in my open palms. I blinked and looked down at the jacket, this wasn't Jae's, this was... I turned my head to see Jiyong looking straight ahead, no longer wearing his jacket, "Don't bother other people with your problems, use mine, I don't need it."

PROBLEMS?! This was way more than just a problem! I wouldn't be surprised if I do pee in my seat during this movie, I silently fumed in my seat before turning to Jae.

"It's alright Jae," I said as I showed him the jacket in my hand. He looked down at the jacket, before simply nodding, shrugging his jacket back on and turning back to the screen.

I draped Jiyong's jacket over my body, immediately feeling secure. I gripped the top of his jacket, holding it up to my nose, ready to hide behind it when something scary popped up.

Dilemma. I looked over to see my popcorn sitting on Jiyong's lap, who was happily munching on it. How am I supposed to eat my popcorn now?! I continued to stare longingly at my babies, debating whether I should protect myself or give in to my inner fatty and eat the popcorn.

"Want some?" I looked up to see Jiyong's outstretched hands with a few pieces of popcorn pinched between his fingers, waving it infront of my covered face, whilst his eyes were still trained on the large screen.

I moved his jacket down slightly to uncover my mouth, leaning forward and allowing him to feed me popcorn. I then hid half of my face again as I munched. 'Mmm, popcorn.. soooo good...'

I glanced at Jiyong's side profile to see him smile lightly, before feeding himself some popcorn before his fingers holding popcorn hovered infront of my face again. He began to alternate between feeding himself and me when--

/eerie music/

The movie theater darkened dramatically and eerie music began to play. I squealed and immeditaely hid behind his jacket. I felt someone tug at the jacket trying to pull it away from my face. 'No! You can't make me watch this! I thought as I used all my might to hold the jacket in place. Unfortunately Jiyong was stronger.

"Dara, you're already here, you may a well try to enjoy the film, I'll warn you when the scary bits come okay?" he whispered reassuringly, looking into my eyes that were peeking over his jacket. I couldn't help but feel safe with the look he was giving me. I nodded my head slightly.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed jumping in my seat and leaning to my left, as a ghost popped up on screen without warning. I buried my face into the shoulder of the person next to me, the jacket fully covering my face.

"Are you okay Dara?" I heard Jae's voice extremely close to my face.

I quickly pulled back from his shoulder, "Oh sorry Jae... I didn't mea--"

"It's alright Dara, you can hold onto me if you're scared," he whispered offering me his arm. I leaned towards him when fingers and popcorn popped up infront of my face scaring me.

"Eat." Jiyong said icily.

I nodded slowly as I chewed on the popcorn, leaning back in my seat. Jiyong began to feed me again, as I began to relax and watch the non-scary bits of the film.

"AAAAAAHHH!" I screamed biting down hard as I shut my eyes trying to lift the jacket over my head.

"OWWW! DARA! Let go of my finger!" I heard Jiyong shout. That's when I realised I had accidentally bit his finger when he was feeding me, when the scary ghost from before popped back up. I quickly unclenched my teeth and felt Jiyong retract his finger.

"Sorry Ji," I apologised as I watched him bring his finger up close and observe the deep bite marks.

He sighed heavily, "It's okay, but no more popcorn for you." he said as he placed the almost empty popcorn box on the floor. I was about to turn back around when I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes and bring my head down to a hard chest.

"AHHHHH!" I heard someone scream in pain in the movie. I whimpered as I clutched the persons shirt tightly.

"Scary part," I heard Jiyong whisper into my ear, as his arms tightened around me. I nodded as I buried my head deeper into his strong chest.

"It's over now," he whispered as he let go off me, but I continued to hold onto his shirt, shaking my head, not wanting to leave the safety I had found in his arms.

Upon realising I wasn't about to let go, Jiyong grabbed the jacket and placed it over my quivering body before wrapping his arms around me again. I began to relax as I continued to snuggle into him. 'Hmmm, he smells nice' I thought absentmindedly.

Third Person POV

The remainder of the movie passed by with Dara snuggled into Jiyong's chest, not bothering to attempt to watch the movie again, not that Jiyong complained as he continued to watch the movie, not knowing of the bright smile that had emerged on his face, whilst the rest of the movie-watchers would scream at the scary scenes.

TOP and CL glanced over briefly and smiled in unison at the sight. TOP's eyes then flickered up briefly, sending one of his infamous killer glares above Dara's head.


Author's Note:

Annyeong my lovelies! First update for the day! Not completely happy with this chapter but... oh well! The Red-headed girl will be revealed in the next chapter, until then... Enjoyy!! ^^
~Water Phoenix