Chapter 34

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

"CHAERIN!" I screamed as I knelt on the floor beside CL. CL stirred slightly her eyes fluttering open as she looked up at me.

"Unnie?" she murmured. She hardly ever called me unnie.

"Chaerin, what's wrong? Are you okay? Why are you sleeping here?" I asked worriedly as I brushed the hair out of her face, cupping her cheeks so that she would look me in the eye.

CL looked around her face showing confusion. Using her hands she pushed herself up into a sitting position, "I-I don't know.." her voice sounded scared and confused.

"CL? Look at me," I heard Jiyong say as he crouched down beside me, looking at CL in concern.

"Oppa?" CL asked, her head cocking slightly to the side as she looked at Jiyong.

Jiyong reached out and touched her forehead, then began to check her eyes, before pulling back to turn towards me, "I think she passed out, her skin is sticky she's been perspiring. Her eyes are unfocused and she's confused."

I turned back to CL, patting her cheeks slightly, "CL, what happened?" CL just looked at me in confusion again.

"Jiyong, what do we do?!" I said in panic, "Should we take her to hospital? I've never seen her like this before!"

"No, she doesn't need to go to the hospital. She just needs some rest and some proper sleep, she should be back to normal tomorrow," Jiyong said before pulling my hands away from CL's face, "Help me take her to her room."

Jiyong and I bent down on either side of CL, wrapping our arms around her as we pulled her up, supporting her weight as we took her to her room. We carefully laid her down on the bed before I turned to Jiyong, "Are you sure she's going to be okay?"

"She'll be fine, she seems a bit out of it, like she's not really here. I think she might have been reliving a traumatising memory," Jiyong explained as he rubbed my arm in reassurance. 'Traumatising memory?'

"Is there anything I can do for her?" I asked him as I looked down at CL.

"Not really, she just needs rest. It would be good if you could change her into some new clothes and wipe down her sweat though, so she doesn't catch a cold or anything," Jiyong replied.

I nodded eagerly pushing past Jiyong to grab a basin and flannel from the bathroom, filling the basin with warm water before making my way back into the room. I came back and practically shoved Jiyong out of the room so I could attend to CL. I grabbed a fresh pair of clothes and placed the basin and flannel on her bedside table, sitting on the edge of the bed.

I diligently wiped her down and changed her clothes, a worried frown permanently stuck on my face as I watched her. She hadn't moved since we'd brought her into her room, except for the occasional blinking, her eyes unfocused as if she wasn't really here.

I buttoned up the last button of her pyjamas when I heard a soft cry, I looked up in shock to see CL's face contorted into pain, a small tear falling from her eye.

"Get off me! Let go! Let go of me!" she sobbed as she shook her head left and right in denial, pushing my hands away from her.

I began to panic unsure what to do, "Chaerin?" I said as I brushed the tear away. She didn't respond to my voice or touch as she contnued to shake her head. I was at a loss of what to do. I had never seen her this way. What happened to her? How did she manage to keep whatever it was away from me for so long?

"Shhh, it's okay Chaerin," I tried to calm her cries, her hair soothingly, "Dara unnie's here, no one can touch you, you're safe."

As soon as the words left my mouth her movements slowed her eyes closing before her body stilled. "Chaerin? CHAERIN?!" I shouted. She wasn't even waking up to my screams and she's usually very sensitive to sound.

Jiyong barged into the room and crouched beside me, "What's wrong?!"

"I don't know, she was crying and shaking her head but then she just stopped!" I said in full-blown panic mode.

Jiyong scanned CL's face and then grabbed her arm checking her pulse before letting out a relieved sigh, "She's fine. She's just sleeping."

"Are you sure?! It was a really drastic change! She's not even waking up to all the noise!" I panicked, as I touched CL's forehead and her cheek in worry.

Jiyong grabbed my hands pulling them away, "Calm down Dara. She's fine. She's just in a very deep sleep. Trust me. You trust me right?"

I looked up to meet his eyes, I immediately nodded, "I trust you Jiyong."

"Good. CL's fine, she'll be as good as new. Right now she just needs some sleep, lets not disturb her anymore okay?" he said as if he were talking to a child. I nodded my head as Jiyong stood up pulling me up with him and out of the door, quietly shutting CL's door behind us.

Jiyong pulled me towards the kitchen gently pushing me to sit down before taking the seat next to me.

"Jiyong.. I don't understand. I'm her bestfriend, yet she's keeping something from me. I feel like the worst friend ever. First I shout at Seunghyun, not taking into account his feelings, then I don't even know how to care for CL. How could I have not known something had happened to her?" I whispered, my eyes trained onto the table as I clenched my fist.

"Dara, you can't call yourself a bad friend. You know CL better than anyone. You know that she's too much of a proud strong person, she wouldn't have wanted to burdened you. She's not the type of person who needs someone to lean on," Jiyong tried to comfort me.

"That doesn't matter Jiyong. If I was a good friend I would be there for her through whatever it is she's suffering right now whether she wanted me to or not." I replied as my eyes diverted to CL's door. I can't image what pain she's been through, and I wasn't there for her.

I felt Jiyong cup my cheeks turning my head to face him, his eyes were soft and gentle as he my cheeks with the pads of his thumbs, "You are a good friend Dara. If you weren't a good friend you wouldn't have reacted as you had when you saw CL on the floor. If you weren't a good friend you wouldn't have shouted at Seunghyun for hurting Bom noona."

I sighed heavily before nodding, not having the energy to argue with him. Jiyong let go of my face and pulled back, "Come on, you must be hungry. I cooked your favourite - ramyeon."

Jiyong pulled a pot of freshly cooked ramyeon towards me, taking the lid off and I suddenly felt my appetite return my mouth watering as the smell reached my nose.

"Here, eat" Jiyong said as he passed me a pair of chopsticks. I nodded eagerly as I grabbed a large helping of the noodles, shoving it into my mouth.

"Owww! Hot! Hot!" I whined as I pulled the noodles out of my mouth, dropping my chopsticks as I stuck my tongue out from the heat, waving my hands infront of my mouth in an attempt to cool my tongue

"Tch, you silly girl," I heard Jiyong reprimand me as he flicked my forehead before passing me a drink, "Always so impatient for ramyeon."

I pouted after I drank the drink and went to pick up my chopsticks, "Eh? Ji have you seen my chopsti--"

I paused when I turned my head to see Jiyong had my chopsticks in hand, holding up some noodles whilst blowing gently on them to cool them down. When he was satisfied instead of feeding himself like I expected him to, he held the noodles upto my mouth, "Eat," he simply said.

"Ji, I can feed myse--"

"Good girl," Jiyong said smirking as I tried not to choke on the noodles Jiyong had just shoved into my mouth whilst I was talking.

I swallowed the noodles and glared at him, "Seriously Ji I can feed mys--"

Jiyong shoved another helping of noodle in my mouth, as he looked at me in amusement. I glared at him as I chewed on the noodles.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I asked before willingly opening my mouth for him to feed me, since I knew he wasn't about to hand me my chopsticks back and I'd rather not choke from his constant shoving of noodles down my throat.

Jiyong shrugged, "I'm kind of full from watching you eat so happily." he said before blowing on some more noodles before holding up for me to eat.

"That's just silly, you didn't eat at lunch either, have some." I said pushing the noodles away from me and towards him.

It looked like Jiyong was about to protest when I cut him off, "If you don't eat, I won't eat either!"

Jiyong rolled his eyes before feeding himself some noodles, before scooping up some more to feed me.

========

"Waaaah! Ramyeon is jjang!" I exclaimed in happiness as I slouched in my seat. Jiyong and I had finished the pot of ramyeon between us, with Jiyong alternating between feeding us.

"Aigoo, look at you. Such a messy eater!" Jiyong said as he reached over to brush the side of my lips.

I pouted and glared at him, "You were the one that fed me! Therefore it's your fault if I have food on my face!"

Jiyong laughed as he reached out to pinch my cheeks. I slapped his hands away as I stood up, grabbing the empty pot and making my way to the sink to wash up.

As I began to wash up Jiyong hoisted himself onto the counter, sitting beside the sink as he swung his legs.

"You're such a messy washer too. You're going to make a crappy wife," Jiyong teased as he poked my cheek.

My jaw dropped as I turned to look at him, "I am not going to me a crappy wife! I'll make an awesome wife i'll have you know!" I said offended at his words, "Just because you wish you could have me as your wife!"

"If you say so," Jiyong said as he rolled his eyes, looking away from me his eyes scanning the living room.

I glared at him before an evil smirk rose. Oh ho ho... Jiyong you made a big big mistake. I cupped a handful of water in my hands then--

*splash*

Jiyong stilled in shock, his jaw dropping as he turned to see me giggling. He looked down to see his pants had a huge damp patch on it. He blinked, his hand coming up to touch the wet patch as if he didn't believe it was there causing me to laugh harder at his shocked face.

"Hahahaha, Jiyong wet himself!" I teased as I pointed at the wet patch.

My laughter ceased when I met Jiyongs eyes, his eyes gleaming with mischief and revenge as he hopped off of the counter and began to stalk towards me like a dragon as I began to quake in my boots like a vulnerable bunny.

"J-Jiyong, stay back!" I said as I backed away from the sink, my hands coming up in a move that said 'stop your advance".

Jiyong just smirked evilly as he turned towards the sink lathering his right hand in water and soap before turning to look at me with a 'you're gonna get it now'.

I screamed as I broke out into a run, running around the living room with Jiyong on my heels.

"Come here rabbit! You're going to get it now!" I heard Jiyong threaten.

I sped up as I ran back into the kitchen running around the table with Jiyong cloesly behind.

"STOOOOP!" I shouted as I stood still my hands planted on the table as I breathed heavily, eyeing Jiyong who was on the opposite side of the table,

"Nuh-uh! I don't think so rabbit," Jiyong said as he began to move around the table but I mirroed his moves, the both of us slowly circling the table.

I feigned left but Jiyong sensed my move running around to meet me. I screamed as I felt Jiyong's left arm slip around my waist pulling me back towards his chest.

"No! Jiyong let go!" I whined as I tried to get away.

"Nope!" Jiyong said popping the 'p'

"Jiyoooong!" I whined, "Please don't!"

"I take no prisoners Dara," Jiyong said menacingly before his soapy right hand connected with the side of my face.

"Ewww! Jiyong!" I complained as I tried to move my head away from his hand but to no avail, instead he rubbed his hand down my neck as well, laughing with enjoyment as he did so.

He finally let go off me when he was satisfied. I crossed my arms and huffed, my eyes glancing towards the sink. I need my revenge! I tried to run towards the sink to grab the soap when Jiyong beat me to it grabbing the bottle of soap and holding it above my head as I jumped trying to grab hold of it.

"This is so not fair Jiyong! You can't use my height against me!" I complained as I held his shoulders and tried to boost myself up, "Stupid tall person!"

Jiyong just laughed at me, fully enjoying my frustration of not beig able to extract my revenge. I glared at him, there is no way I am letting him off of this. I faked slumping my shoulders as I pouted, my head bent down to exaggerate my sadness.

"Aww, is the rabbit upset?" Jiyong teased as he bent down to take a look at my face.

I looked up and flashed him an evil smile and before Jiyong could react I grabbed his neck pulling his face down to connect with my own as I rubbed my cheek against his neck and cheek smearing the soap onto him. Once I was satisfied I pulled back, crossing my arms across my cheek and smirked at him. Jiyong just stood there in shock as the soap dripped off of his face.

"Mehrong!" I teased, sticking my tongue out at him before walking back over to the sink to finish washing up.

Once done I grabbed a towel to wipe the soap and water off of my face. I turned around to see Jiyong still in the same place. I giggled at his stunned face, the bottle of soap still in his hands.

"Earth to Jiyong?" I asked as I stood in front of him grabbing the bottle of soap and placing it on the table. Jiyong blinked and cocked his head to side. I giggled again before using the same towel to wipe the soap off of his face and neck.

"There you go! All clean and brand new!" I beamed as I patted his cheek with my hand. Woah... his skin was so smooth... Instead of pulling away I cupped his cheek and it, giggling. It was so smooth for a guy.

"What are you doing?" I heard Jiyong asked having finally snapping out of whatever trance he was in before.

"Your skin is so smooth!" I complemented as I continued to it, "It's like a baby's bottom!"

"YAH! You did not just compare my skin to that of a baby's !" Jiyong said in outrage but made no attempt to remove my hand.

"Hey! It's supposed to be a compliment. Quit your whining!" I replied.

"What kind of co--"

Jiyong and I turned towards the door to see Bom entering the apartment, closing the door behind her, she turned around and jumped slightly when she noticed us staring at her.

"What are you doing Dara?" Bom asked as she looked at Jiyong and I weirdly.

"What do you mea--" I paused as I turned back to released Jiyong and I were extremely close to each other, my hand still his cheek like it was a cat or something. I immediately retracted my hand, stepping back coughing awkwardly.

"Uh... nothing." I replied.

"Doesn't look like nothing," Bom commented as she sat down on the sofa.

"Okay fine! He has really smooth skin!" I blurted out, my face heating up, "That's not important! Where have you been?" I asked in curiosity, since I hadn't seen her since the disastorous reunion.

"Oh.. I was just thinking," Bom answered biting her lip.

I walked over to the sofa and sat down, Jiyong automatically sitting beside me. "What were you thinking about?"

"Just this and that. I don't know if Jiyong has told you, but despite what happened today... I'm going to try my best to win back Seunghyun, if it's the last thing I do."

"Are you sure..?" I asked uncertainly, I didn't want her to get hurt again.

"I'm certain, even if he doesn't reciprocate my love anymore, I would really like to be his friend, maybe even his bestfriend. It's the least he deserves after what I did to him," Bom murmured.

"Okay, in that case I fully support you. Jiyong does too," I said as I gave her the thumbs up.

"Look at you, speaking for Jiyong like he's your-- nevermind," Bom said, a knowing smile on her face.

I gave her a weirded out look, "Anyway, is there anything we can help you with?"

"Not right now.. I don't think. I was thinking about trying to start all over again? You know.. since he said he doesn't know me..." Bom flinched slightly at the memory, "But i'm not sure... or should I act as if I do know him and just try to rebuild our relationship that way?"

"It's up to you Bom, whatever you feel most comfortable with," I said, not wanting to tell her what to do.

"Mmm.. I think I'll sleep on it," she said, more to herself than anything.

"So what have you guys been up to?" Bom said as she eyed the two of us.

"Nothing much..." I said evasively. There was no way in hell I was telling Bom I slept in the same bed as Jiyong again. Over my dead body.

"Where's CL?" Bom suddenly asked as she looked around.

My face immediately turned into a frown, "She's asleep. Jiyong and I came back here to find her sleeping next to the door, Jiyong reckons she passed out."

"WHAT?! Is she okay?!" Bom asked in shock as she stood up, ready to check on CL.

"Don't go noona, CL needs rest," Jiyong's calm voice stopping her in her tracks.

Bom glanced at the door again, biting her lip before reluctantly nodding and sitting back down, "Why was she passed out?"

"I don't know... I think she's hiding something from us Bommie. I've never seen her like this, she was crying really badly." I said, subconsciously leaning onto Jiyong as I thought about what could have happened to her.

"Don't think about it too much you guys, I'm sure CL will tell you when she's ready," Jiyong said as he rubbed my arm comfortingly.

Bom nodded, then yawned loudly face planting onto the sofa as she stretched out.

Jiyong looked at me in confusion, "Is noona staying here?"

"Yeah, apparently there isn't anymore apartment rooms free, and it's more convenient for her to stay here than at my house," I explained.

Jiyong nodded slowly as he eyed Bom, "What are you think about so hard?" I asked him, I could practically hear the wheels turn in his head.

"I think I have an idea..." Jiyong whispered conspirationally into my ear as he continued to eye Bom.

"What idea?" I whispered back.

Instead of telling me Jiyong stood up and faked a yawn, "Well.. it's getting late I best get back. See me out Dara?" Jiyong said as he gave me a look.

"Uh yeah, okay," I said, not really getting the point.

"Night noona," Jiyong said as he followed me towards the door.

"Night Jiyong," came Bom's muffled reply.

"Goodnight Ji," I said before beginning to close the door when Jiyong pulled me out closing the door behind me.

"Heyy! What are you doing?!" I asked confused.

"You're pretty slow aren't you?" Jiyong said in amusement as he poked my cheek.

"What do you mean? I don't know what you're saying," I said in frustration.

"I don't need you to see me out Dara," Jiyong rolled his eyes.

"Then why did you--"

"I didn't want to tell you my plan in front of Bom noona," he cut me off, his voice lowering.

"Ohhh!" I said in realisation, nodding my head, "Plan? What plan?" I asked in curiosity.

Jiyong leaned closer to whisper in my ear.

"Not too close Jiyong it tickles!" I giggled, my shoulder automatically coming up to shield my ear when I felt his lips brush against it.

Jiyong rolled his eyes, pushing my shoulder down before he whispred his plan in my ear, my eyes widened as a grin spread across my face.

"You know Jiyong, I never thought I would say this.. but you're a freakin' genius!" I said in awe of his plan.

"Tch! Took you long enough to realise!" Jiyong said as he acted as if he were offended by my words.

"I should've never said anything, I just fuelled your ego," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, it really is getting late I best go," Jiyong said but didn't make a move to leave.

"Yeah..." I trailed off.

We both stood there in the hallway for a minute or so neither of us moving as we just stared at each other.

"Right... well goodnight Ji," I said before turning around to go back inside when--

Jiyong grabbed my arm and spun me around placing a quick peck on my forehead before letting go, "Goodnight Dara." With that he walked off without glancing back.

I stood there in shock as I watched him enter the elevator, my fingers reaching up to touch my forehead where he had kissed me. Now that I thought about it... this was the second time he'd done this.. Earlier on in the cafeteria and now.

"Yah Dara, what are you doing standing out here and grinning like a fool?" I heard Bom ask as she opened the door.

"Huh?" I said as I let my hand fall back to my side, "Nothing." I replied as I bit back a smile, making my way back into the apartment. 


Author's Note:

Annyeong my awesome subscribers!! I can't believe i've reached 100 subscribers! I seriously didn't think I would even get one subscriber, let alone 100! Thankyou my awesome subbies! I will continue to work hard on this fic for you all! ^^
P.S. Can anyone guess what the plan is?!

~Water Phoenix