Chapter 31

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

== The Next Day ==

/Wow Fantastic Baby... Dance.../

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, turning it off. Great. Second week of university. The week where I have to work with Jiyong for the planning of the school fair. How am I supposed to act with him? Especially after I walked off on him last night? Should I pretend like it didn't happen and act like normal? I mean, there's no way he saw that I was hurt by his words right?

I shook my head and got up out of my warm bed, 'I'll just act naturally, whatever comes to me.' I walked up to the curtains and pulled them open, my eyes widening in shock at the sight before me.

There, on Jiyong's window was a smiley face made of sticky notes, identical to the one I had made for him last time, except this time underneath the smiley face read the word 'Smile'. I couldn't help the smile that immediately crept onto my face the moment I read that simple word. 'How? I thought he never saw it...' I shook my head, as I made my way towards the bathroom to get ready, the smile never leaving my face.

========

"Bommie, wake up. You don't want to be late for your first day," I said softly as I gently shook her. Bom was currently sleeping on our sofa since it was more convenient for her to live closer to the university than at my house.

She stirred slightly before blinking up at me, nodding at me to tell me she understood.

"You go first, I don't have to go in till a bit later since I need to sort out some paperwork," Bom mumbled, her voice heavy with sleep.

"Okay, don't forget to look your best okay?" I said, my voice obviously pertaining to the fact that this would be the first time she would see Seunghyun after seven and a half years.

Bom eyes immediately widened as she scrambled up from the sofa and ran into the bathroom muttering something about 'must get ready', 'looking her best' and 'pretty outfit'. I smiled softly at her to see her so excited to see Seunghyun again, despite the obvious fear she must be feeling as well.

"CL-roo, I'm going to head to the univeristy now. I'll meet you and Bommie at lunch okay?" I shouted out, knowing her sensitive hearing would pick up on my voice.

"Neh!" I heard her shout back from inside her room, before making my way out of the room and the apartment, towards the university.

== At the University ==

I hovered outside of the classroom, delaying my entrance as I bit my lip trying to calm down. I exhaled heavily and closed my eyes before walking in. After taking a few steps in, my eyes snapped open immediately landing on the seat beside mine. I slowed my footsteps, my face contorting into a frown as I looked at the empty seat. 'Where's Jiyong?'

I looked around the room, just in case for some reason, he may have changed his seat. Nope. He wasn't even here yet. Besides the first day of university, he has always arrived before me... I wonder where he is... 'Maybe i'm early..' I thought to myself.

I took my seat and began to take my things out as I glanced at the clock and then at the door. 'He's definitely up... because I saw the smiley face... Unless he's not coming in today?' I don't know why I suddenly felt sad at the thought that he wasn't going to be in today, despite my earlier worries of not knowing how to act around him, I still wanted to see him.

I opened my notebook and began to scribble nonsensical things, my eyes constantly flickering up to the door as I waited for Jiyong to enter.

I sighed heavily as I shoved my notebook away, letting go of the pen as I looked at the clock. It was five minutes till class, looks like Jiyong isn't coming today. I unconsciously pouted as I crossed my arms on top of my table, leaning my head on it as I stared outside the window, absorbed in my own thoughts.

*poke*

Huh? I frowned when I felt someone poke my arm. I flipped my head around to see Jiyong sitting in his seat smiling at me whilst giving me a cute wave.

"Jiyong?" I asked surprised to see him in.

He smiled at me again before pointing at my notebook. I gave him a confused look as I placed my chin on my folded arms, before diverting my attention to my notebook.

I smiled as I looked at it. Jiyong had flipped the page and had drawn a huge smiley face with the words 'Smile' underneath, identical to the one on his window, except this time he had sketeched a cute little bunny next to it.

"Why do you look so down? Turn that frown upside down. You look much prettier when you're smiling," he finally spoke as he mimicked my position.

"I'm not down anymore..." I said as I bit back a smile, the images and words from yesterday vanishing from my mind, "How come you're late?"

"Oh... here!" Jiyong sat up, revealing the two coffees behind him, "Caramel Macchiato! Express delivery for Miss Park," he said as he sent me a wink.

I giggled as he handed me my coffee. I looked down at it and frowned.

"Aren't you going to drink?" Jiyong asked as he took a sip of his own before placing it down on the table.

My eyes landed on his coffee as I shook my head, my bottom lip jutting out slightly. I reached out and switched coffees, before sending my own wink to a stunned Jiyong.

"Mine!" I said as I happily took a drink from Jiyong's coffee.

I heard Jiyong chuckle as he shook his head in amusement, his finger reaching out to poke my cheek.

"Heyy!" I whined, as I pouted. I honestly don't know what had come over me, I don't usually act like this...

Jiyong continued to chuckle as his finger moved over to push down on my pouting bottom lip, so that it would bounce back up.

"Cute," he commented, causing a slight blush to creep up on my cheeks.

"Hey Dara,"

I turned away from Jiyong at the sound of my name being called.

Jaejoong had greeted me as he took his seat, either oblivious to Jiyong or purposefully ignoring him, "I just want to say sorry for friday night when I left without saying goodbye. My older sister had an incident and I had to rush home."

"Hey Jae, no need to apologise it's fine! Is she okay?" I asked in concern as I turned my attention to Jaejoong.

"Yeah, she's fine now..." he trailed off, before brightening up again, "I would've texted you to tell you i'd gone, but I don't have your number..."

"Oh. Seriously don't worry about!" I said as I waved my hands infront of my face to emphasise how I really wasn't bothered. His eyes dimmed slightly before brightening up again.

"So, I was wondering if I could have your number? I mean you know, you said that if I wanted someone to watch a movie with I could call you up... but I don't have your number so.." he trailed of awkwardly as he blushed slightly.

"OH!" I exclaimed, now realising he was hinting before. Man.. I can be so dense sometimes...

"Sure, pass me your phone," I said as I reached out for his phone.

"Excuse me Mr Kim, but if it's alright with you, I would like to begin my lesson now." Mr Sang's annoyed voice boomed around the room as he stood in the front of the room, glaring at Jaejoong.

I pulled my hand back as I looked at Mr Sang. Wow... he looked pissed. I couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt that I was glad that Mr Sang wasn't shouting at me.

"Uh.. yeah. Sorry Sir," he said as he reluctantly turned around in his seat, slipping his phone back into his pocket.

I heard a chuckle and turned to see Jiyong with his left arm across his chest, his right elbow placed on top as he held my coffee in his right hand next to his lips, hiding behind it as he simultaneously laughed and smirked in delight. 'What's he laughing about?'

"Now that I can begin my lesson," Mr Sang paused again to send another look at Jaejoong, "I want to finish off last weeks topic before I let you guys go and begin planning for the fair."

"Mr Kwon, I would appreciate it if you would stop giggling," Mr Sang called out towards Jiyong. I was surprised to find that his voice was completely different, he didn't sound annoyed or pissed, he actually sounded rather amused.

"Yes Sir!" Jiyong said as he placed the coffee down and saluted him, causing Mr Sang to roll his eyes.

'What the hell was that?' I thought as I glanced at Jiyong, only to receive another wink from him.

== 1 hour later ==

"Alright class, for the rest of the week you don't need to come to lessons, but you may use this room to plan if you need it." Mr Sang spoke, dismissing us from his lesson to begin preparations.

"Where do you want to go Ji? Do you want to go to library? Stay here?" I asked him, unsure whether I should pack up if we were going to stay here.

No reply.

I turned my head towards Jiyong, an eyebrow raised as to why he wasn't speaking.

"Hey Dara, so about your number..." Jaejoong turned around and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Oh yeah sure, gimme your phone," I said again, reaching out for his phone.

I had the phone at the tips of my fingers when I felt Jiyong grab my arm stopping me. "What are you doing Ji?" I asked in confusion as I tried to pull away.

"Come on, we don't have time to waste. We need to start on preparations," Jiyong commanded as he grabbed my bag and threw everything in without care, slinging it over his shoulder before grabbing my arm again and dragging me away.

"W-wait!" I said as I looked back at the stunned Jaejoong, his phone still in his hands. I tried to pull away but Jiyong was too strong, "Bye Jae! I'll give it to you next time!" I called out, giving him a quick wave with my free left hand knowing I couldn't win against Jiyong's strength.

"Owww! Ji! My arm! Slow down will you!" I whined as I tried to keep up with his long legs. He slowed slightly but continued to walk at speed, glancing over his shoulder once in a while. His grip on my arm loosened and just as I was about to pull away he did something I never would've expected.

His hand gently slid down my arm to grasp my hand tightly, continuing to pull me along with him. My eyes widened as I looked at our clasped hands. I blinked and continued to stare at them in confusion. This was so weird... His hands were so big... So strong... I couldn't help the involuntary thought that came to my head 'They fit perfectly with yours'. I quickly shook my head in confusion before realising that we had now slowed down to a stop.

I looked away from our clasped hands to take in our surroundings. I gasped when I realised we were stood on top of a rooftop looking over the rest of the university. I couldn't even recall walking up any stairs, i'm surprised I made it up here in one whole piece.

"What are we doing up here Ji?" I asked as I continued to take in our surroundings. Kekeke, the people looked like ants from up here.

"I thought I told you I don't like the library, and I didn't fancy staying in the class room. It's too noisy in there," he replied as he pulled me towards one of the many random blocks that were dotted around the rooftop, sitting down with his back leaning against one, pulling me down with him since we were still attached by the hands.

"Noisy? There was barely anyone in there!" I protested, as I leaned my back against the brick block, bringing my knees to my chest whilst subconsciously shuffling closer to him and his warm body heat that was so inviting against the slight breeze, our shoulders brushing against each other.

"Cold?" he asked, ignoring my complaint. I felt my hand go cold and empty as he finally let go. 'I didn't realise we were still holding.. hands...' I blushed like a pre-schooler at the thought. I watched as Jiyong shrugged off his jacket before placing it over my slightly shivering body.

"No, i'm fine Ji. You wear it, you're wearing a t-shirt. You'll catch a cold," I objected as I tried to push the jacket away from him.

"Pffft! Me? Catch a cold? If I catch a cold, then you'll catch pneumonia and die, so stop complaining and use it," he commanded placing his jacket over me again. As he did I noticed the bite mark on his neck, still as prominent as ever.

"You know, you could've chosen a better top to wear, to cover up the uh.. bite." I commented my eyes still transfixed on it.

"Like what?" he asked as he leaned back once he was satisfied I wasn't going to refuse his jacket anymore.

"I dunno... maybe a turtle neck?" I suggested.

"WAAHT?!" Jiyong shouted incredulousy, "Me? Wear a turtleneck?! You'll never catch me in one of those!" Jiyong shivered at the thought, causing me to laugh at his strong reaction and distate for turtlenecks.

"Well I don't know, you could've at least tried to cover it up," I said once my laughter had died down.

"Well aside from wearing a turtleneck, which for the record I would never wear, there isn't much that I could do. It's too big, nothing will cover up this monster," he said as he patted the side of his neck, like it was his most prized possession.

"Pfft! Lies! I bet you just want to show it off to everyone and embarass me!" I accused as I glared at the mark with hatred.

Jiyong just shrugged not bothering to deny it or tell me otherwise.

"Eugh! I hate that thing!" I said as I continued to glare at it.

Jiyong quickly covered up the mark protectively, his eyes widening as he stared at me like i'd said something terrible, "Shhhh! She'll hear you!" he whisper yelled at me, before trying to look down at his neck, "It's okay baby, mummy was just joking." he cooed as he the bite mark.

I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour, hitting him lightly on the shoulder, but couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips. I was relieved and thankful that we could now joke about the situation and weren't awkward about it.

"Anyway, back to what we should really be doing. Have you got any ideas for the stall? I still can't think of anything," I asked him, pouting at my lack of creativity.

"Me neither, I'm sure something will come to us soon.." he replied as he used his finger to poke at my bottom lip in fascination.

I slapped his hand away, shooting him a look, "We don't have much time to think though! The fair is in one weeks time! We need to sort everything out! I want to win!" I whined.

"I forgot how competitive you were," Jiyong commented as he watched me continue to make weird whining noises in amusement.

"Well I am. So you better pull your weight! We're going to win!" I said with determination as I knocked my shoulder against his - well attempted to, he was quite a bit taller than me so my shoulder ended up knocking half way up his upper arm. "I wonder what the prize is!" I said excitedly as I began to think of all the possibilities.

"Tch! Look at you! You should be doing this for the orphaned children, not for the prize, " Jiyong said playfully as he pinched my nose.

"Aish! Stop touching my face will you?!" I complained as I smacked his hand away, "Of course i'm doing it for the children! Doesn't mean I can't help but wonder what the prize is!"

"Arasso, Arasso," he conceeded as he leaned his head against the brick block.

We were silent for a while as we thought about what we could do.

"I still can't think of anything," I whined again as I naturally leaned my head onto him, rubbing my face all over his shoulder in frustration since my hands were under the jacket, and I didn't fancy taking them out to be assaulted by the cold.

I paused mid-rub, when I realised what I was doing. I was about to pull back when I felt Jiyong's head gently lean ontop of mine, trapping my head between his shoulder and head.

I tried to look up at him, but my current position and angle didn't permit me to. I lighty shrugged before fully leaning my whole body on to his warm one, allowing my eyes to close. 'It's not like I can come up with any ideas right now.. I'll just take a nap..'

=========

/bell rings/

I stirred in my light sleep, my eyes flickering open at the sound of the distant school bell. I tried to move my head when I realised that Jiyong's head was still leaning on mine.

"Ji.." I said softly, as I shook him slightly with my hand under the jacket.

"Hmmm?" I heard him mumble.

"Lets go, it's lunch time." I said as I tried to pull away from him, but his head was so darn heavy. Which is surprising because i'm pretty sure there's nothing in there.

"Ji.. you have a heavy head," I whined as I continued to try and pull away.

After a minute he finally lifted his head up allowing me to move.

"Oww," I whined as I straightened up, letting his jacket fall away from me as my hands reached up to massage my aching neck. I swear i'm going to end up walking around looking like a total freak with my neck bent to the left from being in the same position for too long.

"Come on, lets go for lunch," I heard Jiyong speak from above me. I looked up, my left hand still massaging my sore neck to see him already standing, his hand held out for me.

I slipped my right hand into his hand as he pulled me up, I stumbled slightly from his strong pull and ended up face planting into his chest. 'Hmm.. smells so good...'

"Does it really ache that much?" I heard Jiyong ask softly. I pulled away from him slightly as he reached up to cup the side of my neck, rubbing it gently.

I pouted, "Yes it does! You have such a heavy head!" I whined, not bothering to pull away from his hand, my neck beginning to relax under his touch.

"It's because it's full of intelligence," he replied cockily, as he continued to massage the side of my neck.

"Tch! W-what intelligence!" I stuttered as I tried to hold back a moan, my eyes fluttering shut at his magical touch. I quickly pulled away, worried I may actually let out some sort of noise if I didn't pull back now.

"Uh.. thanks! It feels much better now!" I said hurriedly as I turned around and bent down to pick up his jacket, before turning back to pass it to him.

"Kaja!" I said, before turning around towards the entrance and exit to the rooftop. I felt him drape the jacket over me as he walked closely behind me.

I gasped when I felt his hand reach out from behind me to continue massaging my neck, "W-what are you doing Ji? It's fine now," I said as I tried to pull away, but his other hand grabbed my shoulder and kept my upper body still as we continued to walk.

"Don't lie, I can still feel the slight tension. Don't worry, it'll be gone soon," he reassured, as he began his ministration again.

I tried to pull away again, but his other hand stopped me. 'What if someone sees?! This looks so weird!' I worried as I glanced around to see if other students were looking.

I relaxed slightly when I noticed no one was paying much attention.

"There," he said as he rubbed my neck one last time before pulling away, falling into step beside me as we made our way towards the cafeteria.


Author's Note:

Annyeong my lovely readers! Lots of Daragon moments in this one *cheers* I want to give you a heads up for the next chapter... It's going to be pretty angsty! Please anticipate it! Enjoyy! ^^
~Water Phoenix