Chapter 32

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

Jiyong and I walked into the cafeteria together and I immediately looked over to our usual table to see that Bom and CL had yet to arrive.

"Heys guys," I greeted them as I sat down one seat down from my usual seat, Jiyong sitting in my usual seat beside me.

"Hey Noona!" Seungri greeted enthusiatically, whilst Daesung and Bae offered me small waves.

"Hey Dara," TOP greeted, after swallowing his food. 'Hmm.. he seems to be in an alright mood today. I hope he won't be too shocked when he sees her. I really hope you can forgive Bommie... She really loves you...' I prayed as I continued to look at Seunghyun.

"Nice jacket," Seunghyun commented with a smirk on his face, as he raised his eyebrows at Jiyongs jacket that was currently still around my shoulders.

"Hey! Isn't that Jiyong Hyungs?" Seungri asked cluelessly as he scratched his head, obviously not understanding the sarcasm in Seunghyun's voice.

I rolled my eyes at him as I shrugged the jacket off, passing it to Jiyong, who grabbed it and placed it on the back of my chair before leaning his left arm on top of it. Damn. Now I can't lean back in case it looks like he's got his arm around my shoulders!

"Where's CL?" Bae asked as he looked around, "She's usually here before you."

"Why are you so eager to see CL?" Seungri asked suspiciously, as he eyed Youngbae up and down.

"Just wondering," Youngbae replied as he gave Seungri a weird look before turning away, clearly creeped out by the way the panda was staring at him.

"Speaking of the cat..." Daesung piped in, his eyes trained at the entrance of the cafeteria.

"Eh? Whose behind her?" Seungri asked as he stood up and tilted his head to try and see behind CL.

"YAH! Chaecat! You need to lose some weight, I can't see behind you!" Seungri whined loudly, "I'm going to make sure you eat only healthy foods from now on! No more fatty foods for you!"

"Shut it Rat." CL barked murderously as she glared at Seungri before taking her usual seat beside him.

/GASP/

"BOM NOONA?!" Seungri, Daesung and Youngbae all cried out in unison when the red-headed girl behind CL was revealed, their jaws dropping as they all blinked at her in shock.

"T-t-that's Bom Noona!" Seungri cried out again as he looked around the table, confused as to why only him, Bae and Daesung were acting so shocked.

"H-hey, guys. It's been along time huh?" Bom finally spoke, her voice shaky as she glanced around the table, her eyes landing on a particular blue haired guy.

"When did you get back noona?"

"Are you back for good?"

"How come you're back?"

The three boys shot a stream of questions at her, as she awkwardly stood there not sure what to do.

"Guys, how about you let Bom sit down first," I said as I stood up and walked behind her, gently grabbing her shoulders and guiding her towards the table. I felt her still, not wanting to move any closer.

"Whats up Bom?" I whispered as I felt her shake slightly.

She turned around slightly and I saw the fear in her eyes, before her eyes found its way back to Seunghyun. I nodded my head in understanding. The only available seat was beside Seunghyun. She was scared.

"You can do it Bom, remember what you said yesterday hmm?" I encouraged her, as I let go off her, pushing her slightly. She began to walk again, as she nodded at my words. I watched her walk towards the seat, standing awkwardly beside it before sitting down, her shaky hands pulling the chair under her.

"WELL?!" The boys burst in unison the second she sat down.

Bom giggled nervously at them, as she slowly shifted away from Seunghyun, scooting closer to Jiyong. "I got back on Friday... I just missed home too much..." she paused to shoot a meaningful look at Seunghyun before continuing, "and yes, i'm back for good."

"Waaah! This is too good! The whole gang is back together! Who would've known?!" Daesung cried out in happiness, beaming at us all.

"YAH! TOP hyung! Bom noona's back! Aren't you going to say hello?!" Seungri shouted in Seunghyun's direction.

I turned towards Seunghyun, waiting for his response. Ever since CL and Bom had entered he hadn't lifted his head once, he hadn't even tensed upon hearing her voice or anything. He didn't have any kind of reacon at all. My eyes shifted over to see Bom looking like she was ready to have a nervous break down as she wringed her hands in apprehension.

Seunghyun finally looked up, his eyes and face devoid of emotions. He slowly turned towards Bom, giving her the once over before speaking in a monotonous voice, "Do I know you?"

We all gasped as we watched the scene unfolded. My eyes immediately found Bom's quivering body as she stared at Seunghyun in shock.

[If you want you could play Tablo's No Tomorrow ft Taeyang ^^ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zU4Mj9dpUI]

Bom's POV

I sat there, my mouth gaping slightly in shock as I stared into his cold eyes, devoid of any emotions. It had been so long since I had looked into his eyes, but it didn't feel like I knew this person.

'Do I know you?' his cold voice rung out loud and clear in my mind.

I felt my heart clench tightly in pain. This was worse than him going crazy and shouting and screaming at me. No. This was much worse. I'd be grateful to hear him shout at me. I'd be grateful to see him angry at me. I'd be grateful to hear some sort of emotion in his voice. The voice I had longed to hear for seven and a half long years. This... This hurt so much more. To hear no emotion in his voice what so ever. Some sort of emotion, any emotion, even anger would mean that he still had some sort of feelings for me. Even if it was hate, because to hate someone, you have to have some sort of attachment or feeling to them. If he showed hate, I would at least be assured that what we had in the past was real. Was true. At least I would know he used to love me, or at least used to hold me close to his heart. To not hear a trace of emotion in his voice. It broke my heart. To see and hear him pretend he didn't know me.

'Had he moved on already?'

I blinked back the tears as I tried to search his face for some kind of emotion or recognition, but no. His face remained stiff, blank and ice cold.

"S-seunghyun O-oppa... i-it's me.. Bom.." I whispered painfully, my eyes glazing over with tears as I saw his eyes harden further.

"I don't know you. Please don't call me so informally." His words cut me like ice. He may as well have just grabbed the blunt knife by the side of his plate and plunged it straight in to my heart. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt as much as how I was feeling right now.

"S-sorry," I stuttered, as I felt a single tear finally escape. I abruptly stood up causing the chair to topple over as I tried to blink away the rest of the tears but they just wouldn't disappear. Instead one by one the tears began to fall.

"I-I'm sorry guys... I--" I tried to apologise but I couldn't take their pitiful looks. I ran around the chair and out of the cafeteria as I felt my heart break. The flood gates were now well open and I could no longer contain my tears.

"BOM!" I heard my name being called, but I continued to run. To run away from them. To run away from him. I had envisioned so many different scenarios... but I wasn't prepared for this. To be ignored by him, to be told he doesn't know me. This was something I didn't expect. I didn't expect today, the day I was going to see the man I held so dearly in my heart, to be the day where I would feel my heart break into tiny shards of glass at those four simple words.

'Do I know you?'

Dara's POV

I watched as my beloved cousin and bestfriend broke down before my very eyes, her lip quivering as her tears fell down her smooth porcelain face. The face of a girl who had just got her heart mercilessly crushed. Before I could register anything, Bom fled from the cafeteria in floods of tears. My eyes widened as I stood up, "BOM!" I shouted, ready to run after her when I felt someone grab my wrist.

"Jiyong, let go! I need to go after Bom! I need to check she's okay!" I screamed, my voice laced with worry as I tried to hold back my own tears as Bom's heartbroken face continuously popped up in my mind. I tried to pull my arm away from him but he just tightened his hold.

"Jiyong... Please... I have... I have to go.." I pleaded as I felt a tear fall. 'Why doesn't he understand? I need to be there for her! She needs me!'

Jiyong pulled me into his chest as he hugged me tightly, "Dara, you're not in the right state of mind to go. What she needs is a bit of space to think," he whispered into my ear as he my back with his hand.

I weakly hit his chest as I continued to cry for my cousin, "P-please Jiyong.." I whimpered as I pulled away to look into his eyes, hoping he'd hear my pleas.

"Arasso, I'll go after her. You stay here okay?" he said softly as he cupped my face wiping away my tears with the pads of his thumb before he leaned down to peck my forehead,  before letting go of me, "Bae, make sure she stays here," I heard him command before he ran off after Bom.

CL's POV

"RAT! LET GO OF ME!" I screamed in exasperation as I tried to run after Bom, but Seungri had a tight hold around my waist, pulling me towards his chest not allowing me to move.

"I said let go! Can't you see she needs me?!" I cried out as I continued to struggle in his grasp, Bom's pained face flickering in my mind, an incentive to use all my energy and strength to break free.

"No Chaerin. I won't," he replied his voice was calm and autorative, making me still for a while.

I quickly recovered as I began to struggle again, "Let. Go." I spat angrily as I tried to pull his arms away again.

I glanced to see that Jiyong was stopping Dara from going too. If neither of us could go, then who was going to be there for Bom?!

"Can't you see Seungri?! She needs us! She needs at least one of us!" I pleaded, surprised that I was actually pleading with the rat. I knew what it felt like to get my heartbroken. I knew what it felt like to feel like your heart had ripped out, to feel your lungs collapse from the pain, so to see one of my bestfriends go through the same thing. There was no way I was going to allow her to go through it alone. Over my ing dead body.

"Chaerin. You need to calm down. You won't be able to help Bom if you're an emotional wreck," he said calmly.

"I'm not an emotional wreck! I'm supposed to be her rock. I'm supposed to be there to support her through everything! Why won't you let me go?!" I screamed, feeling strong emotions that I had locked away erupt through out my body. I was supposed to look out for my friends and he wasn't allowing me to carry out my duties.

"Chaerin, you need to understand it's not your job to always take care and look out for everyone. What about yourself?" he asked me softly.

"It is my job! Don't you understand? I can't allow them to be hurt! I know how it feels! It feels like your whole world has crumbled! It feels like your heart has been physically ripped from your chest! It feels like death would be a less painful option! I can't allow them to feel that way. I won't allow them!" I burst out, my past emotions coming back to haunt me as my body gave out from exhaustion from struggling as I leaned on him for support.

"Please... Just let me go Seungri. Please..." I pleaded as I felt a single tear fall.

"I'm sorry Chaerin. I can't let you go." he whispered softly into my ear, tightening his hold around my waist, "Don't worry, Jiyong hyung has gone after Bom noona. She won't be alone." he reassured.

Upon hearing that Bom would at least have someone I collapsed in his arms, the torrent of emotions that I had hid for so long all coming out in one big wave. It was too much for my body to take.

"It's okay Chaerin. I've got you," I heard his voice reassure me as he held me up in his strong arms.

Bom's POV

I ran. I ran for god knows how long, but I continued to run, not caring where I would end up. All I knew was that I needed to get as far away from him as possible. Maybe this way it wouldn't hurt as much.

I stumbled and fell onto the floor, my hands coming out instinctively to cushion my fall. I didn't attempt to get up as I stayed there on my knees, crying, not caring if people would see me in such a state.

I suddenly felt a strong pair of arms lift me up from the floor. I glanced up in hope, only for my hopes to be shattered.

Those strong arms didn't belong to Seunghyun but Jiyong.

"Come on Bom noona," I heard him say softly as he put an arm around me to support me as he took me to god knows where. I leaned on him for support, my tears continuing to falling.

I felt him gently let go of me to push me down onto a cold wooden bench before sitting beside me.

"I-it hurts Jiyong.." I cried, not caring that it was Jiyong I was crying to, not even bothering to ask where the girls were.

"I know Bom noona, I know," Jiyong said as he scooted closer and pushed my head to lean on his shoulder.

"He doesn't love me anymore. I don't think he ever did..." I cried even harder as I let those words sink in, each word slicing through my already battered heart.

"You're wrong noona. You don't understand how wrong you are," Jiyong whispered quietly.

I lifted my head off of his shoulder to glance up at him in shock, d-did I just hear correctly? Or was that my wishful thinking?

"You heard me correctly noona," Jiyong spoke as he took a glance at me, as if he knew what I was thinking, "You think you were the only one hurt? No. Seunghyun hyung was hurt seven and a half long years ago. Long before you," Jiyong said, although I knew he didn't intend for it to come out harsh, it still did, causing me to wince slightly at his words.

"I still remember that day so vividly. The first and last day I had ever seen my hyung cry." Jiyong whispered as his eyes took on a far away look.

~ Flashback to 7 and a half years ago ~

Third Person POV

Jiyong had moved away to Japan for 6 months now, but he was back for this one special weekend.

"Yah Hyung! What do you want the most?!" Jiyong asked TOP enthusiastically as he sat on TOP's bed watching his hyung surf the internet, "Whatever it is, I'll get it for you!"

Seunghyun chuckled at his dongsaeng as he clicked his mouse, "What I want.. It's not something you can get for me Jiyong," he replied mysteriously.

"What do you mean? I can get you anything! Try me!" Jiyong exclaimed, offended that his hyung didn't have the faith in him to get him what he so desired.

Seunghyun chuckled again before swinging around on his desk chair, "Trust me Jiyong. You can't get it for me," his eyes narrowed slightly as he stopped swinging before he continued his sentence, "I wouldn't want you to get if for me."

"Yah hyung! Stop giving me those evil eyes! Yeesh, fine I won't get it for you," Jiyong backed away on the bed, rolling his eyes at his hyung.

"You're staying for the weekeend right?" Seunghyun asked as he began to swing his chair side to side.

"Yup!" Jiyong replied happily, as he glanced around TOP's room.

"Have you gone to see the Parks?" Seunghyun asked in curiosity. Jiyongs face immediately contorted into digust.

"Why would I want to see the Parks? Seeing the Parks means I have to see that annoying rabbit. No thank you," Jiyong said, shaking his head.

"Whatever you say man," Seunghyun replied, rolling his eyes at his dongsaeng.

"So what are we going to do anyway? It's a special occasion today and you aren't even doing anything fun!" Jiyong whined, "Are you going to get Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri to come over?!" Jiyong asked excitedly, the prospect of seeing all of his friends again filling him with happiness. Something he hadn't felt for a long time.

"Actually Ji... how about you get the guys. There's just one little thing I have to do first," Seunghyun replied as he stood up, his eyes showing determination.

"Alright," Jiyong said shrugging, not noticing anything different in his hyung, "Should I just bring them back here?"

"Yeah, I'll be back soon..." Seunghyun trailed off as he walked out of the room, his mission clear in his head.

He was going over to Bom's house to officially ask her to be his girlfriend. He had only just turned 12 but he knew that he loved her. He knew his feelings for her was beyond that of a childish crush. He really loved her. When he went to sleep she was the last thing he thought of. When he woke up she was the first thing he would think of. When he was eating, playing, doing whatever, she was always on his mind.

Seunghyun grinned as he approached the flower shop where he had just placed his order online, "Ahjumma, it's an order for Choi? 12 long stemmed roses?" he enquired at the counter.

"Ah yes, they're just ready for you now," the woman said as she brought over a beautiful bunch of red roses, placing them on the counter. "That'll be 80,000 won please."

Seunghyun dug into his jeans pocket and brought a couple of notes out, happily handing them to the server, a sense of pride washing over him. Although Seunghyun was brought up into a rich family, with his parents owning Korea's largest mall, the money that he had just handed over had never been touched by his parents. No. The money he had handed over was money he'd spent weeks saving up on. Money he had earnt with his own blood and sweat, doing different jobs here and there such as working as a busboy and doing paper rounds. Although Bom would never know how he got the money and would probably assume it was from his parents pockets, the fact that he knew he worked hard for it was enough.

"Thanks Ahjumma!" Seunghyun grabbed the flowers, cradling them delicately in his arms as he waved to the florist.

He happily hummed to himself as he made his way over to the house of the person he hoped would be his girlfriend. Seunghyun couldn't help the grin that spread over his face at that thought. Park Bom, Choi Seunghyun's girlfriend. The furture Mrs Choi. His heart exploded in happiness at the mere thought.

[If you want you could play Huh Gak's 'I told you I wanna die' ^^ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_mO1mUwS8]

Seunghyun could feel his heart beating rapidly in his chest the closer he got to her house. It was beating in excitement, anticipation, nervousness but most of all - Love. He reached the door, failing to take note of how the family car wasn't sitting in the drive like it usually was, failing to notice how the house was dark and empty.

He took a large gulp of air as he looked himself up and down one more time, 'looking good TOP' he complimented himself. He quickly wiped the nervous sweat from his forehead as he hid the flowers in his left hand behind his back. A wide grin spread across his face as he pressed the doorbell.

He was practically bouncing in his spot as he thought about how shocked Bom would be. How she would squeal at the flowers in delight, scream 'YES!' then fling herself at him in a hug.

Seunghyun frowned when he realised no one had come to the door, but he quickly pasted on another smile as he rang the doorbell again.

1 minute passed.

2 minutes passed.

His frown deepened as he pressed the bell again, knocking on the door for extra measure.

5 minutes passed.

Seunghyun started to feel the panic and worry rise up in his body. Was she okay? Had something happened to her? It never took Bom this long to open a door. She, or someone in her family would get the door on the second ring. Always. Dread started to fill Seunghyun as he began to jab at the bell, alternating between slamming his closed right fist against the door and ringing the doorbell.

"BOM!" he called loudly, as he bent down slightly to peek into the letter box.

"BOM!" he called again. Why was it so dark in the house?

Seunghyun backed away from the door as he ran to the window, peeking inside.

NO. No...

The house was empty. The lights were off and there was no furniture. There was no signs of life in there.

Seunghyun shook his head in denial as he backed away from the window, "NO!" he shouted in pain, gripping onto the bunch of flowers tightly in his hands, not realising how the rose thorns were digging into his skin, causing him to bleed. He felt nothing. Nothing but the beating of his heart in excruciating pain.

He ran to the door again and started slamming his hand against it, "BOM! BOM! I know you're in there! Stop playing around! Open the door!" he shouted desperately. He continued to bash the door with both hands, the roses smashing against the door mercilessly, but right now that was the least of his worries. He continued like this for a good ten minutes before he stopped. His mind going blank as he sat down at the doorstep of the vacant house.

"Where has she gone? She wouldn't leave without telling me. She wouldn't... I-I'm sure she feels the same way as me... I'm sure..." Seunghyun whispered to himself, as he gripped his hair with his right hand, his left hand still tightly gripping the roses, blood seeping from his wounds that the rose thorns had caused.

"Excuse me?" he heard a voice and his head snapped up to see a young woman looking at him with concern, a moving van behind her.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

Seunghyun mechanically nodded his head, before looking down at the pavement again as he tried to hold back his tears.

"I'm sorry, but I just bought this house and we need to start unpacking, would it be okay if you..." the woman asked as gently as possible, not knowing how to ask the boy to move away from the door when he was clearly upset and ditressed.

'U-unpacking? B-bought this house?' his fears were confirmed.

Seunghyun nodded his head in understanding again as he slowly got up from the doorstep. He walked with heavy footsteps, his footsteps mirroring the heavy feeling in his heart, his arms limp at his sides with the roses dragging behind him on the floor. Seunghyun reached the edge of the front garden and glanced back, looking into the now empty room that used to belong to Bom. He couldn't hold it in anymore. A single tear escaped his eyes as he closed his eyes, swallowing back the cry of pain he wanted so badly to release.

"Happy Birthday Seunghyun," he whispered to himself as his grip on the battered roses finally loosened, falling to the ground as he walked away, his shoulder slumped, shaking up and down as he tried his hardest to hold in his pain.

~ End of Flashback ~

Bom's POV

"You know, we were all waiting back at his house for him having prepared a quick surprise party for when he would return. There was just one thing we didn't take into consideration. We didn't expect to see him so distraught, like his world had fallen apart," Jiyong whispered in pain for his bestfriend, "I have never seen him cry before in his life, but there he was, crying his heart out. On his birthday no less. His left hand was bleeding pretty badly, but he didn't seem to feel the external pain.. just the pain in his heart."

I felt a fresh stream of tears falls down my face as I imagined a broken Seunghyun when he found out I was no longer there. My pain increased ten fold. This hurt so much. To know I had hurt the man I loved so badly. How could I have done such a thing? How could I have done such a cruel thing? I deserved the pain I was feeling right now. I deserved to feel pain a hundreds times worse than how Seunghyun must of felt. How he must of felt when I left him, without so much as a goodbye.

"I-I didn't know," I whispered as I put my elbows on my knees, hiding my face in my hands.

"He cried so hard that day, he wouldn't let any of us in. The rest of the weekend he moped around, but didn't shed another tear. He just walked around aimlessly, looking lifeless. He was never the same after that you know. He became colder, more withdrawn. It took him a long time before he started to act relatively normal with us." Jiyong continued as he clenched his jaw at his hyungs pain, "He also never celebrated his birthday ever again. He said it wasn't an important day, that it held no meaning to him anymore."

"So you see Bom noona, Seunghyun hyung... he was hurt seven and a half years before you. He loved you so much... and you just left, without a word." Jiyong said softly as he looked into my eyes, "I had to return to Japan after the weekend, so I couldn't even be there for him for support. That time must've been so painful for him." Jiyong whispered in regret, more to himself than to me.

"I-I'm so sorry Seunghyun Oppa. I'm so sorry," I brought my knees up on the bench, wrapping my arms around them as I leaned my head on my knees, rocking back and forth as I continued to apologise. I felt Jiyong sigh hevaily before he put an arm around me, patting my arm comfortingly.

Jiyong stayed beside me until my cries calmed, not saying another word, giving me time to think over everything over but I was grateful for his comforting presence.

I sighed heavily before lifting my head up from my knees. My eyes felt dry, having exhausted my whole supply of tears that should've lasted me a whole life time. They must've been red and puffy, and snot must've been running down my face but right now I didn't care.

"Don't you hate me Jiyong? I broke your hyung," I asked, my voice coming out dry from all the crying.

I watched as Jiyong removed his arm from around me, sighing heavily before meeting my eyes, "No. I don't hate you noona. I just hate what you did to him. I'm sure you didn't have a choice, moving wasn't something you could really control, I just wish you would've told him beforehand. To save him from feeling all that pain when he found out the way he did. Alone."

I nodded my head at him, as I thought about the terrible decision I had made by not telling Seunghyun I was moving. It was such a stupid stupid decision. We sat there in silence for a while before I straightened up, my eyes shining with new found determination as I faced Jiyong.

"Jiyong. I'm going to win Seunghyun back, I hope you can support me," I said, my dry voice ringing out with conviction.

A small smile graced Jiyongs face as he nodded his head, "Good call. I wholeheartedly support you in your decision, and i'll help you in anyway possible. I hope you can bring back the old Seunghyun, the one that could freely laugh... Despite the lack of reaction you received from him... I am certain he still loves you. He's just still hurt from what happened. I don't think he ever really recovered. Only you can heal him noona," Jiyong said before standing up from his seat, "I'll leave you to think for awhile noona, I'm sure you would appreciate some time alone."

I watched as Jiyong walked away, "Jiyong!" I called out to him, he paused in his tracks looking over his shoulder questioningly.

"Thankyou... for everything." I thanked him gatefully a small knowing smile lit my face, "Dara is an extremely lucky girl."


Author's Note:

Annyeong my wonderful subscribers! SURPRISE! Double Update!! *throws confetti* I know... I said no double updates... but mailenf4 requested for one... Aigoo... I think I spoil you too much! xD *exhales loudly* I felt so emotional writing this T___T Super angsty chapter, sorry for those who wanted fluffy moments and more Daragon, but this one was more geared towards the Alien Couple, with a little bit of Daragon and Ririn thrown in... If things go to plan, the story should pick up from here... but knowing me I tend to digress, especially since I just write whatever comes to me xD Enjoyy! ^^

P.S. Sorry if the music put you off.. I wasn't too sure if those songs fit but I figured there was no harm in suggesting them! xD
~Water Phoenix