Chapter 3

Eyes, the window to the soul
Dara's POV
 
/Naega chae chala ga..../
 
Mhfhfhf, I rolled over in my bed, shoving my head under my pillow in an attempt to silence the noise.
 
/Naega chae chala ga.../
 
"Let me sleeeeeeep" I whined pitifully into my pillow. As if hearing my plea the noise stopped. I sighed in content placing my head back ontop of my pillow and curling up into a ball when-
 
"Yah, Unnie! Ireonha! CL-unnie just rang, she said she's going to drop by in half an hour so that you guys can move in together" Durami had barrelled her way into my room screaming her lungs out, delivered the message and then promptly left.
 
Hu hu hu, I didn't get to sleep till late last night, as I had so much to pack. I peeked over my blanket and glanced at my clock. 8AM?! What the F***! Seriously Lee Chaerin?! It's so damn early! No one in their right mind should be awake at this hour! I let out a huff as I threw my blanket off me and sat up. Aishh, if she wasn't my bestfriend I'd... Well I'd do unspeakable things I tell you!!
 
I sluggishly made my way towards the bathroom to ready my self for the long day ahead.
 
== 20 minutes later ==
 
I made my way downstairs into the kitchen and the setting that greeted my eyes warmed my heart. The whole family was sat at the dinner table, minus Omma who was busily cooking in her apron, her back to me.
 
It had been too long since the family had been whole again. Complete. I felt a tinge of sadness at the thought that I wouldn't be able to have this greet me in the mornings anymore. My family was now whole again, but here I was moving out.
 
"Ah, Dara-ah! Sit! Eat! Chaerin will be here soon!" Omma interrupted my thoughts when she turned around and saw me, ushering me to sit down, as she placed the last plate on the table, before taking her seat.
 
She'd cooked a feast I tell you! This was not breakfast, but breakfast, lunch and dinner put together!
 
The kitchen was soon filled with chatter and laughter, something I hadn't realised I had missed so much. It was just so different from when it was just Durami, Sanghyun and I.
 
/knock knock knock/
 
"Ah! That must be Chaerin! Go open the door Sanghyun!" Omma ordered, patting him on the back.
 
"Omma! She's not my friend! Dara Noona should go!" he grumbled, but reluctancly got up from his seat.
 
"Yah! Chaerin is practically your sister, don't be so lazy!" Omma scolded him.
 
"Annyeong CL-Noona, come to take Dara-Noona away? Please and thankyou!" he said jokingly as he moved out of the way to allow CL through.
 
"Pssh, you know you'll miss me Ddoongie! Don't lie to yourself, it's okay you can cry! I won't think any less of you than I already do!" I said patting him on the shoulder dramatically. He rolled his eyes and shrugged my hand off, his attention back on his plate of food.
 
"Chaerin-ah it's been so long! How are you? How are your parents? We must meet up for dinner sometime when they're free!" Omma rambled on as she brought CL in a daughterly hug.
 
CL giggled as she reciprocated the hug. "Its been far too long imo! I'm doing well thankyou and Omma and Appa are doing great too! I'm sure they'd love too! I'll tell them you asked about them!"
 
"How have you and Samchon been? Is business good?" CL asked as she  turned to Appa and gave him a hug too.
 
"We've been well thankyou Chaerin, and business is good as usual!"
 
CL, Omma and Appa started to chat non-stop as I stood there pretty much non-existent.
 
"Erm.... Omma, Appa, I think it's best if me and Chae go now..." I interrupted their catch up session, tugging at her sleeve like a child.
 
"Ah yes, you guys best be going! Do you need a lift there?" Appa questioned as he began to pick up his keys.
 
"Aniyo, thankyou Samchon, but Oppa is waiting outside, he's going to take us" CL informed him.
 
"You left your Oppa outside for.." Omma looked at the kitchen clock, "20 minutes! Chaerin! Why didn't you bring him in! I haven't seen him in so long!" Omma chided her.
 
"Mianhe Imo, Oppa had to quickly go get something first, but he should be back now" she explained. She turned to me and asked me if I was ready to go.
 
"Yeah, I just need to bring my suitcases down." I made my way to the staircase, and began walking up when I backtracked. Eh? I don't remember putting my suitcases down here... I scratched my head puzzled. Appa must've brought it down for me.
 
"Komawo Appa! For bringing my suitcases down!" I beamed as I ran to hug him. He looked down at me puzzled too, but hugged me nonetheless.
 
"Yah! You should be thanking me! I brought it down whilst you were getting ready in the bathroom! How ungrateful!" Sanghyun exclaimed, huffing indignantly since he wasn't credited.
 
I turned to him in shock, before barreling towards him and throwing my arms around him as he began to squirm.
 
"Aish! Noona! A simple 'Komawo' will suffice ya know?" he whined as he continued to wriggle in my arms.
 
"Arasso! Komawo Ddoongie! Noona is going to miss youuuu!" I sang as I let go of him then ruffled his hair.
 
"What about me unnie?!" Durami whined, opening her arms. I hugged her tight.
 
"You too of course Durami! Unnie will come home and treat you to ice team often neh? You too Ddongie, before you whine about inequality" I said letting go of her hold, and turning back to see Sanghyun with his mouth open ready to protest.
 
"Arasso! Time to go! I'll have to love you and leave you! I'll be back soon okay?" I said, giving everyone one last hug before making my way to the door.
 
I opened the front door to see CL leaning on Oppas car door as he was placing my suitcases in his trunk. I waved to everyone before closing the door and skipping towards oppa.
 
"Annyeong Oppa! Komawo! It's been so long! How are you?" I asked as I hugged him.
 
He chuckled deeply returning my hug. "I've been good thanks Ssantoki, better now that I'll be rid of this little cat here" he said pointing his thumb at CL over his shoulder.
 
"Yah! Oppa! Don't try and hide it! We all know you were practically crying yesterday when you realised I'd be moving out today! You were worse than a wailing baby!" CL cried out in outrage.
 
I laughed at the siblings as we all made our way into the car.
 
"Seatbelts on girls"
 
"Forever the one implementing safety huh?" I said as I clicked my seatbelt into place.
 
"Of course! Can't let my two favourite girls get hurt!" Oppa said in mock horror.
 
"Pssh, what a faux! Just yesterday you tackled me to the ground when I was about to change the channel!" CL fumed.
 
"Wow, Minho oppa! Things never change do they?" I giggled.
 
He merely shrugged as he continued to drive, oblivious - or merely ignoring - his fuming littler sister beside him.
 
== At the apartment ==
 
"Thanks again for bringing us here and bringing our suitcases up oppa!" I thanked him, since it appeared like CL wasn't planning to, as she strolled into the apartment like a boss and began unpacking. Aish, she's pretending to be angry but I know she just doesn't want to say goodbye to Minho Oppa, despite what you think they were very very close.
 
"Anything for my girls! Anyway Ssantoki! I'd love to stay and help, but I've got some errands to run, you and Chae take care Arasso? I'll come round and visit soon okay ?" with that Minho oppa departed.
 
I stepped into the apartment and took in my surroundings fully. Wow. That is all I could say, it was everything I had imagined and more. It was already fully furnished as expected, and was pretty classy. It needed a few personal touches for it to seem homely and more warm, but the decor was right up our street, it was something chae and I could both live happily with, considering our tastes were so different. 
 
Huh... I thought Chae said that we could see right into the male block of apartments opposite? Maybe she made a mistake.
 
"CL-roo?" I called out. The girl in question popped out of a room. 
 
"Hey Ssantoki, since you didn't know about the whole moving out thing I took the liberty to choose your bedroom for you, it's here." she said a little too quickkly as she lead me to a door adjacent to the one she just came out of.
 
"I'm going to carry on unpacking okay?" she said. Huh... Is that nervousness I detect in her voice? What's going on? I thought as my eyes trailed after her back as she scurried back into her room closing the door and.. Is that a lock I just heard? I shook my head of suspicious thoughts and proceeded to open my door.
 
It was a moderately sized room, not too big, not too small... Just right. I noticed that everything in my room was very me. I walked deeper into the room and a smile lit my face. That adorable bestfriend! Remember that shopping trip two weeks ago? Dotted around my room was everything I had picked. She had noted everything down and bought them for me!
 
She's so sweet! Maybe that's why she ran into her room... She doesn't like showing emotions and other icky sweet stuff like that, she was probably embarrassed.
 
Huh... My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Now that I think about it, why is the room so dark? It's only 9:30 in the morning... My eyes landed on the drawn curtains. Oooh! I bet CL-roo closed it so that I can get a huge surprise when I see the view!
 
I skipped over to the large window, and gripped the soft material of the curtains tightly in my hand. I can't wait to see the view I thought to myself as I began to get giddy.
 
I opened the curtains dramatically, then--
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed as I let go of the curtains and slapped my hands over my face. Oh god, oh god! I've been blinded! Only holy water can fix this! My eyes!!! My innocent pure eyes! 
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I continued to scream at the top of my lungs, at a pitch that I didn't even know I was possible of achieving.
 
"FOR PETES SAKE WOMAN WILL YOU SHUT UP WITH THAT SHRILL SCREAMING OF YOURS!" a males voice floated to my ears coming from the direction of my window.
 
I instinctively uncovered my eyes to see who it was when--
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Omma! It burns! It burns so much!" I continue to scream as I clamped my hand over my eyes again, trying to preserve what was left of my innocent mind and eyes from the horrific view before me, standing there in all it's glory.
 
"SHUT UP WOMAN! IT'S TOO EARLY FOR YOUR STUPID ANTICS!" the voice screamed again. 
 
I stopped screaming, and composed myself. Breathe Dara Breathe. You can do it. It's nothing anyway, come on. You took Biology you know what the human anatomy is like... nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about right? I continued to breathe in and out, my hands still clamped tightly over my eyes. Now that I had recollected myself, I felt so stupid.
 
With my right hand still covering my eyes I wildly pointed in the direction of the rude unknown man.
 
"YOU! You want me to stop screaming? Put some damn clothes on! What are you? A neanderthal?! Trying to mentally scar people so early in the morning?!" I retorted.
 
"Whatever, just shut up" the man said, much more calmly.
 
I waited a good 5 minutes just for good measure, before releasing my hand, in hopes that the neanderthal had located clothes within the time frame. I blinked slowly, my eyes readjusting to the light.
 
I cautiously looked through my window, to my relief the nameless guy was stood there fully clothed. One things for sure, I didn't like the way he was leaning againt the window cockily with a smirk on his face.
 
"Liked what you saw?" he said sarcastically, smirking.
 
Grrrrr, I just hate people like him! I cannot believe this is happening! So THIS is what Chae meant! Seeing through someones living room I could just abotu tolerate, but this? THIS?! No no no! If I'd known earlier I would've never moved out! Whyy must this happen to me?! ME?! I have only done good deeds in my life! Why do I deserve this this... Whatever this arrogant thing in front of me is!
 
"Liked what? There was nothing TO see" I replied smugly, composing my face as I mirrored his stance, leaning my shoulder against my window.
 
We were literally 2 metres apart, that is how close we were, not the mention our windows were frickin' ginormous! He could see right through into my room! No crevice could be unseen, no where to hide! No privacy! What happened to privacy?! I want a beautiful view! Not a view of some boys room, that unfortunately came with a bratty, arrogant, egotisical owner who couldn't stop smirking!
 
I cannot believe this at all! I scrutinised his smirking face, glaring in the process. Okay I admit he was pretty hot, but with a crappy personality like that, he just seemed ugly to me. So off putting!
 
"Not seen enough yet? Having fun checking me?" he asked cockily, cocking an eyebrow upwards questioningly.
 
"Pffft, you wish!" I snorted.
 
"Ah, I know who you are now." smirking, he clicked his fingers as recognition flickered in his eyes. He knows me? From where? Is he some kind of stalker?! Great I have a stalker living opposite me! Appaaa! Why did dyou kick me out?! Hu hu hu. For some reason though, his face seemed oddly familiar the longer I stared at it. That voice too, I swear I've heard it before somewhere...
 
I furrowed my eyebrows as I continued to scrutinise him.. Where IS he from? I feel like I should know this!! I racked my brains, the creases between my eyebros increasing.
 
"Pshh, how could you forget someone as awesome as me? Want a little hint?" he offered. Stupid cocky voice.
 
"Maybe this will job your memory... 'No please! Please don't! I beg you! You can't do this! I'll tell Omma! Give me tamtam back you big bully!'" he spoke in a high pitched voice, before returning back to his usual voice, chuckling irritatingly.
 
~Flashback to 12 years ago~
 
"No please! Please don't! I beg you! You can't do this! I'll tell Omma! Give me tamtam back you big bully!" I wailed as I jumped up trying to grab my beloved toy that Chaerin had made for me for my 6th birthday.
 
"You got me in trouble! Now tamtam must suffer!" the boy taunted as he held the toy up higher, ready to drop it down the well in my backgarden.
 
"Please Jiyong! Please! I'll do anything! Anything!" I begged as I tugged on his shirt.
 
"Hmmm... Anything?" the boy asked as he placed a finger on his chin contemplating.
 
"Okay, you can have tamtam back if you call me Oppa!" he said as he brought tamtam down waving it in front of my face.
 
"Okay okay! I'll do it! Jiyong!" I said about to grab onto tamtam when--
 
"Jiyong....?" he said as he held tamtam high again.
 
"Jiyong Oppa! Jiyong Oppa!" I said as he smiled in satisfaction handing tamtam back to me. I cradled the teddy in my arms as I glared up at him.
 
"You're so mean!" I complained.
 
"Well you refused to call me Oppa, do you know how rude that is? I'm older than you, you know." he said as he crossed his arms across his chest, looking down at me.
 
"Hmph! But you're mean! You're not a nice person! That's why I don't want to call you Oppa!" I shouted as I stepped on his foot hard and ran back into my house.
 
~End of Flashback~
 
I gasped
 
"KWON JIYONG?!"

Author's Note:

Annyeong! Hopefully the story will begin to pick up from here... I'm still drafting the story in my head, so I'm not 100% certain about where this is heading >__< Please bare with me though! ^^
~Water Phoenix