Chapter 50

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

== The next day ==

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I stretched. I rolled over to my side, my eyes closing as I snuggled into the warmth of the bed.

"Hmmm..."

I frowned as I felt around the bed, my hands roaming around the mattress and coming up empty. My eyes snapped open as I sat up in bed, looking around in confusion.

"Jiyong?"

Where was he?

"Ji--" I paused when my eyes landed on a folded up piece of paper on the side table. I gingerly picked it up and unfolded it, my eyes scanning over the words

Morning babe,

Sorry but I have somewhere to be today. Feel free to hang about in my room but i'm not sure when i'll be back. Make sure you eat okay?

~Love Jiyong

I read over the message again, my eyebrows knitting together. Where did he go? Why didn't he wake me up and take me with him?

I placed the note back on the table as I got up and made my way out of Jiyong's room.

"Hey noona, do you want some--"

"Do you know where Jiyong is?" I cut in as I padded over to the kitchen.

Seungri shook his head before his eyes went back down to the book he was reading.

"Can I borrow your phone for a second?" I asked as I held my hand out.

He nodded as he absentmindedly handed me his phone. The corners of my lip curled up as I looked at the screensaver. It was a side-view picture of CL, and what looked like the clothes she had designed for the competition. How the hell did he even get this picture?

I shook away the thought as I scrolled through his contacts, clicking on 'Jiyong Hyung'

/ring ring/

/ring ring/

/ring ring/

"I'm sorry but the person you are calling is unavailable, please leave a message after the beep."

I frowned as I pulled the phoen away from my face, my lips pursed. I pressed the 'call' button again as I made my way back into Jiyong's room.

/ring ring/

/ring ring/

/ring--/

I pulled the phone away from my ear as I turned around to see Jiyong's phone lying on his desk, vibrating against the wood. I cancelled the call as I made my way towards the desk lifting his phone up in my other hand.

I sighed heavily as I sat down on the bed as I stared at his display picture of my cotton candy kiss. Where was he? Was he okay? I wanted to talk to him about what had happened last night. Did he not want to talk about it? Was he doing this to avoid me?

== The next day ==

"Aren't you a bit eager to get to class?" CL ased with raised eyebrows as I shoved my feet into my shoes.

"I need to talk to Jiyong, i'll see you later," I said hurriedly as I rushed out of the apartment. I had waited a while at Jiyong's but gave up and went back home to wait for him. I waited and waited as I stared into his room, but nothing. I woke up this morning, in the same position as last night, my head on the window sill. His room looked exactly the same as how I had left it. He hadn't come home all night. To say I was worried was an understatement. I couldn't even call him to see if he was okay since he had left his phone at home.

My shoulders slumped as my eyes landed on the empty seat beside mine. I dragged my feet towards my seat, throwing my bag down before resting my head on the table. 'Okay Dara, it's only 8:30, Jiyong never comes this early anyway,' I tried to reasure myself.

I could hear the loud ticking sound above all the loud chatter as I stared at the clock, watching the second hand tick by at a slow speed. I tried to fight sleep but I was too weak. I felt my eyes begin to droop, tiredness taking over my body from waiting up for Jiyong all night.

========

Jiyong's POV

My eyes softened as I slowly approached the sleeping beauty. I felt a small tug in my heart as my eyes scanned over her paler than usual face. I took my jacket off as I gently placed it over her shoulders before quietly taking my seat beside her.

"Jiyong..." she whimpered as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Pabo..." I chided as I reached up to smooth her frown out before caressing the side of her face lightly, "I'm sorry."

I laid my head on the table, my face opposite hers as I lightly placed her cold hands in mine under the table, "You really don't need to worry about me," I whispered, noticing the slightly darker rims under her eyes.

"Ms Park--"

I lifted my head up to see Mr Sang looking at Dara disapprovingly. I gave him a small look as I flickered my eyes over to Dara's sleeping form, my eyes pleading with him to just leave her be. She clearly needed the rest. I offered a small grateful smile as Mr Sang nodded slowly, his lips pursed before he started on his lesson. I laid my head back down on the table as I continued to stare unabashedly at her. She was so beautiful. As long as she was by my side, I didn't need anything else. She was all I needed.

== 2 hours later ==

/bell rings/

I cringed at the loud sound as I lifted my head off of the table, my eyes flickering to Dara as she moved slightly, a frown tainting her face again. I sighed in relief, as her face smoothed out, glad that the bell hadn't woken her. I slowly got up from my seat as I let go of her now warm hands to place the jacket back on her properly as it had slipped down slightly.

"I'll be back soon Dara, i'll just go get you some much needed food," I whispered, knowing she probably couldn't hear me.

I was almost out of the room when--

"Jiyong, can I have a word with you?" I turned my head to see Mr Sang looking at me with concern.

"Erm.. I was just going to go get some food..." I trailed off, not liking the look he was giving me at all.

"It will only take a second," he walked past me as he closed the classroom door, enclosing a sleeping Dara, him and I inside.

"Okay... what's up?" I asked as I diverted my eyes to the floor.

"Young Jae told me you and Dara went to a function last night," he started off slowly.

I tensed slightly before looking up to meet his eyes, my face covered with an emotionless mask, "Yeah, and?"

"I heard about what happened..." he trailed off his eyes showing pity.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing happened," I denied, "We went to the function we had fun then we left. That was it."

"Look Jiyong, you shouldn't listen to what those people say--"

"I don't care what people say." I cut him off harshly, as the words of the two males swirled around in my head.

"Jiyong, I think you should try getting in to contact with your Appa--"

"I don't have an Appa," I spat coldly as I glared at him.

"Don't be immature Jiyong, of course you--"

"I don't want to talk about it. How could you of all people tell me to go talk to him? How can you even still speak to that bastard?!" I raised my voice slightly as I felt anger pump through my veins.

"Jiyong, quieten down. Dara's asleep," Mr Sang glanced over at Dara briefly before turning back to me.

"Don't call your father a bastard Jiyong," he reprimanded, "He's a good man."

I scoffed, "A good man? Don't give me that bull. How can you defend him? After what he did to you?"

Mr Sang sighed, "Look Jiyo--"

"Stop it. I don't want to talk about him. I respect you Mr Sang, but if you continue to push this matter..."

"Jiyong, i'm just thinking of what's in your best interest--"

"I don't need you to okay?! I'm fine. I don't need help. I don't need your concern! I've been fine on my own for the past few years. Just back off okay?!" I shouted in frustration, as I tried to push his face away from my mind.

"Jiyong--"

"Ji...?" We both snapped our heads to see Dara looking at the two of us with sleepy eyes.

"Just leave me alone." I muttered before making my way over to Dara, "Hey babe."

"What were you talking about?" she asked groggily as she rubbed the sleep away from her eyes.

"Nothing. Mr Sang was just talking to me about the essay we did, right?" I shot him a look.

Mr Sang let out a resigned sigh, "Yeah. It was really good. Keep up the good work Mr Kwon and Miss Park." I watched as he picked up his brief case, before placing a small piece of paper on the desk, tapping it slightly and giving me a look, "I'll see the two of you tomorrow." he finished before walking out of the room.

Dara's POV

"I don't need you to okay?! I'm fine. I don't need help. I don't need your concern! I've been fine on my own for the past few years. Just back off okay?!"

My brows furrowed, my eyes flickering open at the loud sound. Wasn't that Jiyong's voice? Why did he sound so upset? I slowly sat up, squinting with my blurry eyes as I made out two figures.

"Ji...?"

I watched through my blurry eyes as a Jiyong-like blob made his way towards me, "Hey babe."

"What were you talking about?" I asked groggily as I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes.

"Nothing. Mr Sang was just talking to me about the essay we did, right?" he replied simply.

"Yeah. It was really good. Keep up the good work Mr Kwon and Miss Park. I'll see the two of you tomorrow." he confirmed. I removed my hands from my now blur-free eys as I watched the back of Mr Sang walk out the door.

"Jiyong? You came to class..." I trailed off as I stared at him.

"Yeah."

"Where did you go yesterday?" I immediately asked as I searched his eyes.

"No where important. Come on, let's go get some lunch. I bet you didn't eat anything yesterday," he grabbed my hand, pulling me up from my seat and dragged me out of the room.

"Jiyong..." I tugged at his hand, hoping he would stop walking to turn and look at me, so we could talk.

"You're so thin Dara. I can't believe you're skipping meals," he reprimanded, ignoring me.

"Jiyong..."

"I wonder if they have chocolate cake today?" he continued.

"Jiyong... please... please tell me what's wrong," I pulled away from his hold. Jiyong turned around and tried to take my hand again but I hid it behind my back as I stared into his eyes pleadingly.

"Dara, there's nothing wrong. Come on, lets go to lunc--"

"Please Jiyong. I know there's something wrong. I just know it. Please tell me," I begged as I stepped towards him, reaching up to cup his cheeks, "I'm really worried about you."

Jiyong's eyes softened as he placed his hand over mine, "I'm really fine Dara. You don't have to worry."

"I know you're not fine Jiyong. Why can't you just tell me?" I asked in frustration. Why couldn't he tell me? Did he not trust me?

"Dara..." he started as he grabbed my hands in his, pulling them away from his face to place a soft kiss on the back of each, "I really am fine. As long as you're with me i'm fine. Please can we just drop this? I'm... i'm tired."

I bit my lip, wanting to push on with my interrogation, but as I looked into his pleading eyes, I  found myself slowly nodding. He really did look tired. Not physically... but emotionally.

Jiyong sighed as he pulled me into a tight hug, "Thank you Dara. I love you."

I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a small squeeze, "I love you too Jiyong." 'and i'll find out what's bothering you one way or another.' I finished off in my mind.

== At the Cafeteria ==

Since I had slept through the first half of lunch the whole gang - minus minzy of course - were already in their seats.

I really wanted to know what was up with Jiyong. It was clear he was hiding something from me, but for now... for now i'll leave him be.

We went to grab some food, Jiyong placing the tray with our shared food onto the table infront of him

"Heys guys," I greeted as I made a move to let go off Jiyong's hand so I could sit down.

"Eek!" I squealed, closing my eyes as I felt myself being pulled, my landing on something soft.

I opened my eyes to find myself sitting upright, my normal seat vacant. I felt arms wrap around my waist, and immediately turned to see Jiyong smiling cheekily at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked incredulously as I tried to pull his arms away so I could get off of his lap and into the safety of my seat.

"You can sit here today," he replied as he squeezed my waist.

"What? No! Jiyong let go!" I protested as I began to wiggle around, "Everyone's looking!" I hissed, becoming increasingly aware of the raised eyebrows from our friends.

"So? Let them look," Jiyong said uncaringly, "You may want to stop wriggling though Dara..."

"Why?" I asked innocently as I continued to pull at his arms.

"Because... you're in a rather comprimising position," he whispered seductively as he held onto my hips firmly, stopping my wriggling.

"What do you-- Oh.." I trailed off as I blushed, my body immediately freezing up, "Jiyooonnggg" I whined as I gave up trying to pull away.

"Babeeee," he whined mockingly back.

"Jiyong!"

"Babe!"

"Ergh! I hate you!" I pouted.

"I love you too," Jiyong chuckled before leaning forward to pull the tray closer towards us, "Now eat. I bet on my life that you didn't eat yesterday," he said disapprovingly.

"Who's fault is that?" I muttered under my breath as I picked up the spoon.

Bom's POV

I smiled as Dara and Jiyong bickered with one another. Even an idiot could tell how much they loved each other. Just look at the way they look into each other's eyes...

I sighed heavily as I watched the sweet couple beside me. Dara was now currently alternating between feeding herself and Jiyong. I was unbelievably happy for my cousin... but I couldn't help but feel the green monster rear it's ugly head. Why couldn't that be Seunghyun and I?

Another sigh escaped my lips as I diverted my eyes from the overly sweet scene, my eyes landing on my bland plate of food as I aimlessly moved the rice around on my plate, not really having an appetite.

I propped my elbow on the table, leaning my head on my hand as I stared at the wall, cooking recipes whirrling around in my head.

I blinked as a fork with food entered my vision, breaking my stare on the wall. I frowned as I tried to move my head to the side, but the fork just followed me.

"What the hell?!" I complained in frustration as I threw my hands up, sitting up to glare at the fork.

"Ahhh..."

I snapped my head to the side, my eyes widening.

"S-seunghyun?" my eyes trailed down from his passive face to his arm and down to his hand which was holding onto the fork.

"Ahhh..." he repeated as he placed the fork next to my lips.

"My arm is starting to ache here... I don't have all the time in the world," he rolled his eyes teasingly as I felt the fork push gently against my lips.

"H-huh?"

I blinked as I felt the fork being shoved into my mouth.

"See? That wasn't so hard was it?" Seunghyun said before he brought the fork back down to his plate and continued to eat his food.

"Bom... if you don't close your mouth... the rice is going to fall out and flies are going to enter..." Seunghyun said with amusement as he stared at me.

"Aish.. this yeoja.." he muttered before I felt his hand grab my chin and push it up.

I rapidly blinked as I brought my hand up to my face. Was this real?

"Oww..." I whined as I rubbed my face where I had just hit myself

"Why did you hit yourself for?" Seunghyun asked incredulously as he eyed me oddly.

"Seunghyun?" I blinked up at him as my hand moved from the side of my face to rest on his forehead, "Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"What are you tal--"

"You don't seem to have a temperature... did you hit your head? Oh gosh! I think something's been dislodged!" I began to fret as I moved my hand around his face, "Stay with me Seunghyun! It's okay! I won't let anything happen to you!"

"What the-- YAH!" Seunghyun cried out as I hit the side of his face. I felt his hands grab my wrists and pull it away from his face, "What are you doing woman?! Are you crazy?! Why did you hit me?!"

"Seunghyun? You're back! What happened?!" I sighed with relief as I heard his harsh voice.

"Back? I never went anywhere! What's wrong with you woman?!" he eyed me like I was crazy as he gently placed my hands down on the table.

"But... but... you just... you just..." I pointed at him, then the fork then my mouth.

"Yeah... and...?" he raised his eyebrows as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Who are you and what have you done to Seunghyun?!" I shouted in outrage as I began to poke the fake Seunghyun in the chest.

"Ow! WOMAN! WOULD. YOU. QUIT. POKING. ME!" Fake Seunghyun slapped my hands away before grabbing onto my shoulders and shaking me, "I am Choi Seunghyun. You are Park Bom. I am real. You are crazy."

"Seunghyun?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Yes Bom?"

"Did you just feed me?"

"Yes."

I rapidly blinked again as it finally hit me. Seunghyun fed me...

"KYYAAAA!" I squealed as I beamed at him as I clung onto his arm, as he rolled his eyes and tried to shake me off of him.

CL's POV

I scrunched my face up as my eyes moved between Jiyong and Dara, and then Seunghyun and Bom. I rolled my eyes as I turned away from them, my eyes on my plate.

"They're gross aren't they?" Youngbae commented as he gestured towards the two couples.

"Totally." I agreed.

"My gosh Daesung! Quit texting will you! You're practically having a relaitonship with your phone!" Youngbae complained. I looked up to see Youngbae trying to pull Daesung's phone away from him.

"No! What are you doing?!" Daesung protested as he tried to pull it back, "I'm waiting for Minzy to text back! Give it back!"

Youngbae rolled his eyes as he let go off the phone, raising his hands up in surrender as Daesung shot him a glare, "Alright alright. Yeesh. I thought it was supposed to be you and I till the end bro. Now you've gone and gotten yourself a girl!" Youngbae said as he shook his disappointment, not knowing that Daesung wasn't listening to him since he was busy giggling at his phone.

I shook my head in amusement as I diverted my eyes back down to my plate. My eyes slowly glanced to my left before shifting back down to my plate again.

To the left... then to my plate

To the left... then to my plate

To the left... then to my plate

I sighed as I played with my noodles. Why wasn't he attempting to talk to me? Did he really take what Minho Oppa said to heart? I felt my shoulders slump in disappointment. I know I had pushed him away... but I still couldn't help the wave of disappointment that washed over me. I thought.. I thought that he might of tried to fight for me. What a stupid notion to have even thought of.  I clearly didn't mean much to him, not even as a friend.

Seungri's POV

I let go of the book as I scratched my head in confusion. Ergh. This was too much!

My eyes widened as I felt my motorcycle theory book begin to slide down from the magazine I was using to cover it up. I quickly grabbed the other side, holding the book in place as I glanced around the table. Phew... no one saw...

I wrinkled up my nose as I looked at the theory book. There was so much to learn...

Since the day at the coffee store where I had made my new resolution to win Chaerin over and Minho's approval, I had pulled some strings to allow me to enroll in an intense crash course. I wanted to master this stupid bike as soon as possible!

== 2 and a half hours later ==

Dara' POV

/bell rings/

I slowly packed up my things, before making my way out of the classroom with Jiyong, who immediately grabbed my bag from me, transferring it onto his shoulders.

"Hey Ji... I was wondering-- huh?" I paused as I frowned feeling around in my pocket.

"What's up? Have you lost something?" Jiyong asked as he paused to look at me.

"I think I left my phone on the table, i'll be back in a second, stay here." I rushed back into the room hoping that no one would've taken my phone. I sighed in relief as I spotted my phone chilling on the table. I quickly grabbed it before making my way out.

/sound of paper scattering/

"Oh sorry Miss! Sorry!"

I turned my head to see Miss Kim sprawled out on the floor, her files and papers scattered everywhere, my eyes flickered up to see a student running off in a hurry.

I sighed as I approached her, crouching down as I helped gather up her sheets of paper.

"Here Miss--" I paused as I caught sight of her exposed arms, the sleeves of her cardigans having been pushed up when she fell. My eyes widened as I stared at the red scars that contrasted greatly against the paleness of her arm, and the dark red slashes at her wrists.

I blinked when the red marks disappeared from my view, her long black cardigan sleeves now covering them. I lifted my eyes up to meet her angry ones as I felt her snatch the files away from me.

"You saw nothing." she hissed before straightening up and stalking off.

I cocked my head in confusion as I watched her stalk away. My eyes shifted as I saw a small piece of paper drift from the pile of papers, resting gently on the floor.

"Hey Miss.." I trailed off as I saw her turn around the corner and out of my sight.

I furrowed my eyesbrows as I crouched down picking up the piece of paper. I looked at the back of the paper before turning it back round to look at the front.

KJS - XX-XXX-XXX

KJS? Whose KJS?

"Dara?" I looked up to see Jiyong looking down at me, "What are you doing? Did you get your phone?"

"Oh.. yeah.." I trailed off, standing up as I continued to eye the piece of paper in my hands. KJS... KJS... were they initials?

"What are you looking at?" Jiyong asked in curiosity as he peeked down at my hands.

"Where did you get this?!" I felt the paper being snatched away from me. I turned to see Jiyong glaring at the piece of paper.

"Er-"

"Where did you get this?!" he repeated as he waved the paper in front of my face.

"Miss Kim... she dropped it on the floor..." I explained slowly as I watched Jiyong scrunch the piece of paper up, "Is everything okay Ji?"

"Yeah... just peachy..." he replied sarcastically as he glared at the scrunched up piece of paper before he turned to look at me.

I eyed him suspiciously, "Ji--"

"Hey, hyung, you ready to go to the-- Oh hey noona..." Daesung paused as he stood infront of us awkwardly.

"Dara, I need to be somewhere tonight... Sorry I can't take you home tonight, text me when you get back neh?" Jiyong said as he placed my bag on my shoulder.

"But.. I thought we could go out tonight..." I murmured sadly. We hadn't gone on a proper date since we became official and I just wanted to spend some time with him without any drama.

Jiyong leaned down to place a soft kiss on my lips, "Sorry babe, maybe tomorrow hmm?"

"Where are you going?" I asked as I flickered my eyes over to Daesung who was looking away as he rubbed his neck awkwardly. 

"Just somewhere," he said evasively as he my cheek softly.

It was obvious he wasn't going to tell me. Why did he want to hide everything from me? I sighed before nodding reluctantly, "Okay."


Author's Note:

Annyeong my awesome readers! I hope you guys aren't too frustrated about Jiyong's secrecy... you'll all find out soon what's up with him... until then... Enjoyy! ^^

P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gtkw_OxdM4 at 0:22 seconds... that's how I imagined Bom saying "What the hell?!" LOL

~Water Phoenix