Chapter 52

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

== The next day at lunch time ==

"So... you and Yuri eh?" Daesung teased Youngbae, nudging him in the side.

"What about Yuri and I?" Youngbae asked in confusion as he bit into his sandwich.

"Don't act like you don't know! Putting your arm around her and all that last night! You sly devil you!" Daesung teased, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

"Quit nudging me!" Youngbae complained as he shuffled away from Daesung, "I'm not acting! What are you on about? She was scared, I comforted her, I would do the same to any girl."

"Yah! Dong Youngbae! That's my cousin you're talking about! She's not just any girl, she's a Kwon! Treat her right arasso?" Jiyong piped in, sending him a warning look.

"Tch! I don't understand what the big deal is. She isn't that special," Bom cut in her nose in the air.

"Yeah, that's just because you're jealous of her since she hugged Seunghyun Oppa," I teased.

"WHAT? N-no! I just.. don't... like her.." Bom protested with a flustered face as she caught sight of Seunghyun smirking.

"What about you huh?! You were jealous too!" she accused.

"No I wasn't--"

"Treat her right..? What do you..." Bae's eyes widened as much as they physically could as he gaped at us all, "No! You're not thinking what I think you're thinking right?! No way! I'm not interested!"

"WHAT?! Not interested!? Are you trying to say my cousin isn't desirable?!" Jiyong glared at Bae, "By saying that, you're indirectly saying i'm undesirable, and we all know that isn't true!"

"Yah Ji, stop it, you're over-reacting" I whispered into his ear.

"I'm just playing with him babe," he whispered back, showing me a playful smile before he turned to glare at Youngbae again.

"No! That's not what I mean!" Youngbae flustered as he waved his arms about.

"Then what do you mean?" Daesung cut in.

"I mean... i'm just not interested.. in a relationship with any girl."

The whole table went silent as we all stared at him, our eyes wide.

"You're.. you're not interested in girls... and... you denied that Ji wasn't undesirable..." I trailed off, as I clutched onto Jiyong possessively, "You're GAY?!"

Youngbae's jaw dropped to the table as he rapidly blinked at us all, "WHAT?! NO! I'm not gay! I'm not interested in girls, or a relationship right now."

"Jeez! Thank god! Not that there is anything wrong with being gay. I'm telling you now though, Ji is mine! You can't have him!" I said jokingly as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Bae rolled his eyes as he pretended to gag, "Yeah, we can all see that."

"Enough with teasing me already! What about you Daesung? How was it meeting the future parents-in-law yesterday huh?" Youngbae turned to raise his eyebrows at Daesung.

"I was ting myself. No jokes," he started off as he shivered slightly, "Luckily, they were both really nice. In fact they loved me!" he boasted as he pretended to flick his imaginary long hair behind his shoulder.

"Don't you think that was a bit early though?" Seungri queried, "I mean you guys haven't been together for long.. and you're already meeting her parents?"

"Not really... I think i've seen them once when I was younger before.." Daesung trailed off as he looked up in thought.

"That's hardly early! If anything that's normal. Dara brought Jiyong home before they were even properly dating!" CL piped in as she rolled her eyes, "They were really ahead of the game."

"Hey! Omma and Appa invited him over! It's not like I suggested it!" I whined.

"Yeah yeah, you've probably already met Jiyong Oppa's parents again and are going to get married soon or something," she joked.

I froze at her words. Meet Jiyong's parents? Come to think of it... Jiyong hadn't talked about his parents at all.

"Actually... No. I haven't seen Imo and Samchon yet..." I trailed off as I looked at Jiyong to see that he had stilled, his hand around his fork tightening as he kept his eyes trained on his plate.

"Really?" CL said, surprise evident in her voice.

/bell rings/

I continued to watch Jiyong as everyone else got up from the table, making their way to their next lessons.

"Come on, lets go to class, or we'll be late," he mumbled as he slowly got up, grabbing my hand as he pulled us towards the exit of the cafeteria.

"Ji? Why haven't I seen Imo and Samchon?" I asked as I tugged at his hand to stop him from walking.

He slowly turned around to look at me, his eyes slightly cold as he shrugged, "It's pointless."

"What do you mean it's pointless?" I asked in confusion.

"It's not necessary."

"But.. you've seen Omma and Appa again. Twice in fact."

"Yeah." he simply replied.

"Have you.. have you even told them? About us?" I asked cautiously, somehow dreading the answer.

Jiyong bit his lip before slowly shaking his head, "No."

I let go of his hand as I took a step back, "W-what? Why?"

"Dara..."

"Are you.. are you ashamed of me?" I whispered, my voice breaking.

"No! I'm not ashamed of you at all! I want everyone to know that you're mine, i'll shout it from the rooftops if you wanted me to!" he quickly said in alarm as he grabbed my hands.

"Then why?"

I watched as Jiyong opened his mouth to say something before closing it, then opening it again.

I slowly pulled my hands away from him, "You don't have a reason do you? What is it? Let me guess.. you're just too busy to tell them?" I whispered, hurt evident in my voice, "I can only just tolerate you keeping something from me Jiyong, but this? Knowing that you don't even want to tell your parents about us? That... I can't put up with."

"How do you expect this relationship to go on if you haven't even told your parents about us?" I blinked as a single tear fell, "I thought I meant more to you than that."

"You do Dara, you really do," Jiyong brought his hand up to cup my cheek, leaning down to kiss away the tear, "Tomorrow. I'll take you tomorrow okay? Please don't cry Dara. I hate it when you cry."

"Really? Are you sure you won't be busy tomorrow?" I muttered bitterly as I searched his eyes for a lie.

"Yes really, i'll take you tomorrow."

== 2 hours later ==

"How about we go out tonight hmm?" Jiyong suggested as we walked out of the university hand in hand.

"Really? Don't you have to be anywhere with Daesung?" I asked, trying to keep the bitterness out of my voice.

"No, not today. Lets go on that date you wanted to go on."

I beamed up at him as I wrapped myself around his arm, "Where shall we go?"

"Anywhere you want to go babe."

"Hmm... I think... I think I just want to walk around in town. I haven't done that for awhile.."

== 2 hours later ==

"Look how cute this is Ji!" I picked up the rabbit plushie and ed it in his face.

"Looks just like you!" he exclaimed as he grabbed the rabbit from my hand and placed it next to my face.

I pouted as I moved my head away, "No it doesn't!"

"Yeah.. it doesn't... you're much cuter," he leaned down to give me a quick peck on the lips.

"Aish! So cheesy Jiyong!" I giggled as I hit his chest, grabbing the rabbit back from him.

"What? Nothing compares to you," he smiled as he pulled me into his chest his lips meeting mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as I leaned in, tilting my head to give him better access as his tongue slid in to play with my own.

"Ahem... are you going to buy that or not...?"

We pulled away from each other, still in each others arms as we turned to look at the ahjumma behind the stall that was giving us a disapprovingly look.

"Ehehe.." I giggled nervously as I unwrapped my arms around from Jiyong, "No--"

"Yes, we will," Jiyong cut in as he handed her the rabbit and some money.

"I don't want it though..." I said as I watched the ahjumma bag up the rabbit.

"Who said it was for you?" he replied as he took the bag from her.

"Whose it for then?" I said suspiciously.

"Don't give me that suspicious look, it's for me."

"For... you?" I siad as I looked at him judgingly.

"Don't judge me!" he whined, pouting "You're allowed GD, am I not allowed my very own Ssantokki?"

"Aigoo, you can be so adorkable sometimes," I cooed as I went on my tiptoes to pinch his cheeks.

Jiyong rolled his eyes as he grabbed my hands before pulling me away from the stall and into the crowds.

========

"Ooooh! Poolppang!" I exclaimed as I dragged Jiyong to the stall.

"Babe, you just had some from the other stall! You haven't even finished that one yet! It's still in your hand!" he exclaimed as he tried to pull me away.

"Jiyyooong!" I whined as I tugged him back.

"Ahjumma please can I have two?" I asked as I me lips.

Jiyong sighed, "At least finish the one in your hand first."

"Finish it for me?" I pouted as I looked up at him through my lashes.

"No."

"Jiyyooong!"

"You wanted it, you finish it."

"But.."

"You need to put on weight anyway. Be a good girl and eat it," he forcefully pushed the half-eaten puff into my mouth.

"You really look like a rabbit now. Look at those cheeks!" Jiyong laughed as he poked my full cheeks.

I frowned as I slapped his hand away, quickly munching on the sweet puff before turning to the street vendor.

========

"Oooh Poolpp--"

"NO!" Jiyong cut me off as he pulled me away from another stall.

"Jiyyooong!" I whined, pouting as I looked at the sweet dessert wistfully.

"You've eaten enough to last you a life time! No more for you," he said as he pinched my nose.

"Oooh--"

"No!"

"What?!"

"I said no more for you!" Jiyong said sternly.

I rolled my eyes as I pulled him to one of the stalls, "Yeesh, I just wanted to look at the jewellery..."

I let go off his hand as I approached the stall, my hand gently brushing against the jewellery.

"See anything you like?" he whispered as he wrapped his arms around my waist from the back.

My eyes brightened as I reached over to delicately pick up a necklace, my thumb brushing over the rough material of the dragon shaped pendant.

"Ahjussi, please can I get this?" I asked the vendor as I held up the necklace.

I felt Jiyong let go off my waist and turned to see him taking his wallet out. I reached out to stop him, shaking my head, "No, I want to buy this."

"No, this is a date and I will get you whatever you want," he insisted as he pushed my hand away.

"This isn't for me. I want to buy this for you," I said as I turned around to hand the vendor my money.

I smiled as I turned around, unclasping the necklace as I tiptoed, my hands coming around his neck as I fastened the necklace in place before pulling away to give him a light kiss on the lips, "It looks good on you."

"You got us the rings," I held my hand up to show him the couple ring, "I haven't got you anything yet."

"Yes you did, you gave me the best gift of all..." Jiyong smiled as he pulled me to his chest, "You."

========

"Do it."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Right now?"

"Uh huh."

Jiyong sighed as he looked around the bustling streets that were full of people.

"I'm waiting..." I said as I tapped my foot impatiently on the floor, "You said earlier you would--"

"I LOVE SANDARA PARK AND SHE IS MINE!" Jiyong shouted loudly for the whole world to hear, causing everyone in a 150 meter radius to stop as they turned to look at him.

"Happy?" he grumbled as he pulled his beanie lower down to cover his face more as people around us began to giggle and whisper whilst taking photos.

I giggled as I ran up to him throwing myself onto him as I wrapped my legs around his waist, "Very."

"Reward?" he said childishly as he puckered his lips.

"MWUAH!" I kissed his lips, making an exaggerated noise, "I love you too Ji."

== Meanwhile ==

CL's POV

I glanced at the clock as I paced up and down in my heels. 'Calm down Chaerin. Calm down. It's still half an hour till six. That's plenty of time for Seungri to get over here. The competition doesn't even start till seven! You have plenty of time to get there!'

I nodded to myself at my own reassuring words as I breathed in and out. I had never felt so nervous before, this was worse than at the fundraiser. Gaah! I can't believe i'm going to be showing my designs on a catwalk in front of Jeremy Scott! The Jeremy Scott! Eeek!

I jumped up and down slightly in excitement, unable to contain myself before I straightened out my clothes, composing myself once again.

Frowning, I glanced at the clock again as I felt the nervousness go up a notch. It was now quarter to and there was still no signs of him. 

"Stop worrying Chaerin! He knows how important this is to you. He promised! He'll come on time," I reassured myself again as I walked up to the clothes that were carefully laid on the kitchen table. I may as well check them all to make sure they're all okay, it'll help me calm my nerves.

========

I bit my lip as I watched the clock strike six. He wasn't here. I told him six. Where was he?

"He's probably just late..." I muttered to myself as I tried to push away the horrible thought that maybe.. just maybe, he wasn't coming.

"Maybe he's waiting outside downstairs... yeah.." I walked over to the designs, carefully draping them over my arm before making my way out of the apartment.

I stood outside the block of apartment as I craned my neck, looking around to see if I could see him.

A taxi driver pulled up and winded down his window, "Excuse miss, do you need a ride?"

I bit my lip, should I just go? No! Chaerin... he promised you, he said he would come!

I shook my head at the driver, "No.. it's okay. I'm waiting for someone."

I watched with a heavy heart as the taxi drove off into the distance, "Seungri... you better come. You promised."

========

I could feel my faith dropping, minute by minute as I watched the clock on a market stall on the opposite of the road tick by.

Ten minutes past six.

He'll come...

Twelve minutes past six.

Right? He'll come right?

Fourteen minutes past six.

He promised...

Sixteen minutes past six.

You're such a fool Lee Chaerin.

Eighteen minutes past six.

Nothing has changed. I waited for him back then, and i'm waiting for him now. But where was he?

Tweny past six.

He isn't coming.

I closed my eyes as I held back the tears, my jaw clenching tightly. Once again Lee Chaerin, you have been tricked. I really thought.. I really thought this time he would come. He said I could depend on him. I told myself not to.. but I still found myself depending on him, and look where it got me. Just as disappointed and crushed as I had been back then. I should've listened to Minho Oppa.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, my eyes snapping open as I took in a deep breath.

"What's wrong with you Lee Chaer-- No. What's wrong with you CL? You're not hurt, no. You're pissed. You're ing furious," I said outloud as my hands clenched into fists by my side.

"ing bastard," I spat as I pushed the hurt and sadness to the back of my mind, allowing anger come to the forefront of my mind and consume my being.

"Who cares if he can't come? You can do this CL. You're a strong independent woman, you don't need anyone. Who cares if you don't win this? At least you know you tried," I encouraged myself.

'Just wait for him Chaerin.. wait. He'll come..' the voice of my younger self echoed in my mind.

I quickly shook the thought away. No. he's not coming and i'm not Chaerin. I'm CL, the baddest female in Seoul.

", it's almost half 6, I need to get a taxi now, if i'm to make it on time," I approached the curb as I began to strain my neck and squint my eyes in search for a taxi.

"Damn it.. I should've just gotten in the one earlier.." I muttered to myself.

I continued to wave my hand around when I blinked feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out, and stilled when I saw the name that flashed on the screen.

'Seungrat'

I made a move to cancel the call, but I had this niggling feeling.. This feeling that I had to take the call, "Tch, i'm going to give this bastard a piece of my mind!"

"YOU! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! YOU ING BASTARD! Why is it that time and time again i'm left waiting for you?! You--"

"Miss? Miss! Please slow down."

I rapidly blinked as I pulled the phone away from my face, frowning. It clearly says 'Seungrat' I cautiously placed the phone back to my ear, "Seungri?"

"Miss? Are you Lee Chaerin? Lee Seungri's wife?"

"WHAT?!" I exploded over the phone, "WIFE?! NO! Is this some kind of sick joke? Who the hell are you?! Why do you have Seungri's phone?! What are you talking about?!"

"Please calm down miss, i'm a paramedic from Seoul Hospital."

"P-paramedic? H-hospital?" I stuttered as fear began to immediately flow through me. Hospital? Why was a paramedic using Seungri's phone? In a hospital?

"Yes. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I assumed you were his wife as you have the same last names, and you are his first speed-dial on his phone," he calmly explained.

First speed-dial? Why... why would I even be on his speed-dial? I don't even call him.

"Miss? Are you still there?"

"Y-yeah.. W-why do you have this phone?" I whispered as my heart beat rapidly in apprehension. Please... please be okay.

"I'm sorry miss, but Mr Lee has been involved in an motor accident, he's in hospital."

I felt the blood drain form my face, the phone falling from my grip onto the floor as his words echoed in my mind.

"Mr Lee has been involved in a motor accident, he's in hospital."

"He's in hospital."

"In hospital."

"No..." I whispered my hands shakily coming up to cover my mouth in disbelief.

"No.. Please... No..." I squeezed my eyes shut as I shook my head in an attempt to rid the images of a mangled, lifeless Seungri from my mind, blood everywhere.

"Excuse me miss? Do you need a ride?" I turned to the sound of the voice to see a taxi parked infront of my on the curb.

"Miss? Are you okay? You're looking rather pale," the driver asked in concern.

I needed to get to the hospital. I needed to see if he was safe, if he was okay.

I nodded as I took a step towards the taxi, "Please take me to Seoul Hosp--"

"Miss, you've dropped your phone, it looks like someone's calling you."

I blinked down at my phone before crouching down to pick it up, my hands still shaking.

"Y-yeobeseyo?" I stuttered, thinking it was the paramedic again.

"Is this CL? Competitior number 9? Where are you? The show starts in half an hour, all the contenders are here except for you. If you don't arrive by seven, i'm afraid we'll have to cut you from the contest."

Before I could even open my mouth to reply, the stern voice hung up on me. I slowly let my hand drop to my side, my phone hanging loosely in my grasp.

"Miss? Where did you say you wanted to go? I didn't quite catch that."

Where did I want to go? I was torn. The competition... meant the world to me. Seungri.. meant.. what did he mean to me? Do I follow my dreams or do I go to see if Seungri was okay, was alive? Which was more important to me? Which did I care about more?

My eyes glazed over. The decision was simple, why did I even consider the alternative? I would go where my heart lay.

"Ahjussi, take me to Seoul Hospital, and please, step on it."

== 2 and a half hours earlier ==

Seungri's POV

"Omma! Please don't be so unreasonable! I told you! I'm busy! I can't make it tonight!" I said down the phone in frustration.

"Seungri! Don't forget I am your mother! Don't speak to me with that tone!" Omma shouted, "You are coming tonight, and that's final!"

"No! I'm not! I can't! I have something important!" I refuted, "I'm not coming Omma, and i'm not going to in the future either! Please stop setting me up with these good for nothing girls! They just want your money!"

"LEE SEUNGRI!" I winced as I pulled the phone away from my ear at the sound of my fathers thunderous voice, "Do NOT talk to your mother like that! Do you understand?!"

"Appa--"

"You WILL come tonight, and you WILL be a gentleman to Mr Jung's daughter. He is an important shareholder. Do I make myself clear?"

"I'm sorry Appa, but I can't! Can't you reschedule? I have to go now--"

"Don't you dare hang up on me! You are a Lee, and you will be the heir to the Lee business, this is a part of your duties!"

"Appa--"

"It's clear you aren't listening to me, I guess I have no choice. I know about your motorbike. In fact, if you want it back you have to come tonight. You hear me? Remember to dress smartly!"

I gasped as I stared at my phone. I ran outside of the university, my eyes landing on the empty spot where my motorbike should be.

"!" I cursed as I gripped my hair. I was planning to pick Chaerin up with the motorbike tonight!

I glare at the spot, my fists clenching at my sides. I wasn't going to let them push me around anymore. I wasn't going to let them control me. It was my life. I didn't want the business. I didn't want these fake girls.

== Half an hour later ==

I was stood outside of my house, dressed smartly as requested. My eyes immediately landed on the motorbike parked inbetween my parents' cars. My fingers twitched, wanting to just jump on and drive off.

"Seungri! Come in!" I shifted my eyes to look at my mother who was beaming at the doorway, her arms wide open.

I sighed before pasting on a fake smile. I just needed to put on a short act. Act nice and gentlemanly, then make up an excuse, grab the bike and leave as soon as possible in order to get to Chaerin's by six.

"Ah, this must be Seungri," I smiled at the balding man holding my hand out for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you Mr Jung," I said politely.

"So well mannered," he commented approvingly as he his moustache before his eyes lit up and he turned to the girl beside him, "This is my daughter Krystal."

I offered her a small smile as I dipped my head, holding my hand out to shake hers. I was surprised when she gingerly held my hand as if she were afraid she'd catch a disease, her nose scrunched up in disgust before quickly letting go. Looks like i'm not the only one who doesn't want to be here.

"She's absolutely beautiful. Don't you agree Seungri?" Omma praised as she nudged me, shooting me a look.

I smiled awkwardly as I nodded my head. Sure she was pretty... beautiful might be a bit of a stretch.. I mean just look at her, she had the face of a . Besides, no one could compare to Chaerin. I can't believe I used to date girls like Krystal. Ergh.

"Well us adults are going to go talk in the dining room, you two talk and get to know each other hmm?" Omma suggested as she gave me a small shove towards Krystal.

Mr Jung beamed at me before getting up to follow Omma, patting my shoulder as he passed.

"Seungri," I turned to see Appa looking at me sternly, basically telling me not to ' up', before he too followed Omma out of the room.

I awkwardly stood around not sure what to do. I just needed to get out of here as soon as possible. I bit my lip as I looked at my watch. . It was already half four. I had an hour and a half to get to Chaerin's.

"So this is the infamous Lee Seungri huh?" Krystal said snobbily as she eyed me up and down.

"Infamous?" I repeated my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah, you know. The playboy Seungri. The party animal Lee Seungri." she replied as she rolled her eyes, waving her hand about in my general direction, "You know, you don't strike me as the type. I mean you haven't even tried to chat me up yet." Was it just me or did she sound a bit offended at that?

"I'm not like that anymore," I simply replied, "Besides, I wouldn't want to chat you up anyway." I finished as an after thought, my eyes widening slightly to mirror hers. . She's going to go and rat on me.

"Wait! I'm sor--" I paused, blinking as I saw her finally crack a small smile.

"Don't apologise. I appreciate the honesty," her voice no longer as snobby as before, "I don't get much of it."

"Wow. I thought you were a ," I said honestly as I took a seat opposite her.

"Yah! I appreciate the honesty but don't push it," she said harshly before a small smile graced her face again as she rolled her eyes.

"Sorry. I take it you don't want to be here either?" I questioned.

"Do I heck? Appa keeps dragging me here and there, showing me all these guys. No age limit either," she shuddered slightly.

"I guess we're kind of similar then," I mumbled as I glanced down at my watch again. Crap. Five.

"It hasn't escaped my notice that you seem to be in a hurry to go somewhere," she commented.

"Yeah..."

"Why don't you just sneak off? I won't tell," she shrugged as she stretched her arms out, looking at her nails boredly.

"Really?" I asked suspiciously.

"Yeah."

"How do I know you won't rat on me?"

"Why would I do that? The faster you leave, the faster I can leave," she explained.

I nodded in understanding as I stood up, "Well I guess it was--"

"Going somewhere Seungri?" I spun around as I saw Omma standing at the door, giving me a warning look.

"What? No! Of course not!" I laughed nervously, "Just er... you know... doing some stretches." I lied as I began to do some lunges.

I glared at Krystal as she tried to hold back a giggle, "Yeah, Seungri Oppa was just showing me some warm up stretches."

I turned to give Omma a fake smile, mentally sighing as I saw her beam at me, her hands clasped to her chests, "Omo! I just knew you two would get along well!"

I straightened up as I glanced at my watch again. Ten past Five.

"So yeah, I was thinking maybe I could go now--"

"Nonsense! The night is still young! We haven't even had dinner yet! Come on, help Krystal to the dining room!" Omma instructed as she stalked off before I could say anything.

"Can't you just throw a princess tantrum or something?!" I said in frustration as I turned to look at her.

"Tch! No! You boys, you know nothing," she shook her head in disappointment, "There's a limit to how many we can use you know. I'm not using that card for you. I want a new car."

"There was me thinking you were somewhat nice," I muttered under my breath.

"Nice?" she scoffed, "Puh-lease. I'm a and I know it." I watched as she slowly stood up, walking past me, "Lets go for dinner shall we?"

I cursed under my breath as I looked at my watch again. Twenty past Five. I quickly followed her out, catching up to her to place my arm lightly around her shoulder.

"Yah! What are you doing you !" she exclaimed in disgust as she tried to pull away.

"Shut up and quit moving. Trust me, I don't want to touch you either. Just play along," I said with gritted teeth as I pasted a bright smile on my face before we turned into the dining room.

"Omo! Look jagiya! I can already hear wedding bells!" Omma gushed as looked at the two of us, "Look how happy Seungri looks!"

"I agree, you two look perfect together," Mr Jung said as he nodded his head in approval.

Okay Seungri. You're doing well so far. Just a little more acting. Be a gentleman. I pulled the chair out for her before taking the seat beside her.

"Extremely well mannered," Mr Jung commented, causing Omma to beam and Appa to even give me a small nod of praise.

Little did they know I wanted to pull the chair so far out so that the y princess would fall flat on her .

"What are you laughing at Seungri?" Appa asked as he eyed me cautiously.

"Er--"

"Oppa was just laughing at a joke I told him earlier, right?" Krystal said as she nudged my side.

"Er, yeah! Yeah!" I quickly agreed, "So when's the food coming?"

"Seungri! Don't be so rude!" Omma reprimanded me.

Mr Jung chuckled, "Ah, Mrs Lee, he's a growing man. Leave him be, he mut be hungry."

I sighed in relief as I watched the food come out. Okay, time to destroy this plate of food and get out of here. ASAP!

== Twenty mintues later ==

"Finished!" I pushed the plate away from me and looked up to see everyone staring at me in shock.

"S-seungri! Where are your manners?" Omma stuttered as she stared at her half eaten food then at my empty plate.

I looked at the clock on the dining room wall and cringed, crap.. it was twenty to six, if I didn't leave right now I wouldn't get back in time! "It was nice meeting your Mr Jung, but I really must get going now," I stood up and bowed at him.

"Seungri, you aren't going anywhere!" Appa hissed as he tugged me to sit down.

"Appa--"

"You haven't even had dessert yet!" Omma cut in sweetly, whilst glaring at me, before turning to let out a nervous laugh to Mr Jung who looked less than impressed.

"But--"

"Oppa said he wanted to show me his bike! Please can we be excused?" Krystal cut in as she too stood up, pulling me up with him. I shot her a grateful look as he rolled her eyes at me.

"Krystal?" Mr Jung looked at his daughter in shock before standing up as he shook his head, "No no. Motorbikes are far too dangerous."

"I agree. Seungri sit back down." Appa said, with an udnerlying warning tone.

"Appaaaa!" Krystal whined as she stomped her feet, "I want to go on a motorbike!" I watched with wide eyes as she pouted, her eyes wide as they glistened slightly with fake tears.

"Krystal..." Mr Jung trailed off uncertainly.

"Oppa, will keep me safe won't you?" Krystal turned to look at me, clinging onto my arm for extra effect.

"Oh yes, I'll make sure she gets home safely," I played along as I smiled convincingly at him, my eyes flickering to the clock. ! Ten to six!

"Arasso, if that's the case then okay, you guys have fun on your little date hmm? Curfew is nine Krystal. You hear me?" Mr Jung said.

"Yes daddy!"

With that I quickly pulled her out of the room, rummaging throug my pocket for my keys, "Thank you Krystal, I seriously owe you one."

" of course you do! I just used up half of a card!" she whined as she followed me out of the door, "Goodbye car..."

"You know, I can't actually take you ho--"

"Yeah yeah I know, just go do whatever you have to do. I'll just call a taxi," she waved her hand nonchalantly as she walked past me.

I quickly ran to my motorbike, clambouring on, not bothering to put the helmet on as I jammed the keys in, before kicking the bike to life.

"YAH! LEE SEUNGRI!" I turned to see Krystal looking at me with a small smile, "Make sure you get your girl. At least one of us should get to be with the one we really love."

I flashed her a smile as I caught the flowers that she had thrown at me from my mothers flowerbed before giving her a brief thumbs up. I lay low on the motorbike as I quickly turned it around, causing gravel to fly up. That's right. I'm going to get my girl. Please wait for me Chaerin. I'm coming.

========

"Crap. Crap. !" I tapped the handles of the motorbike impatiently as I glanced down at my wrist-watch. It was a few minutes past six. I can already imagine the fuming Chaerin.

"Please wait for me Chaerin, please wait.." I prayed before glaring at the red traffic light. What the ?! Can't they see I need to get somewhere? I swear it's been red for the past five minutes! What the hell?!

As soon as the light turned green I kicked the bike into gear, speeding across.

" SAKES! Not again!" I exploded as I approached another red traffic light, my foot brushing against the brake. I glanced down at my wrist-watch again. Five past six. this . I'll just pay the fine. I removed my foot from the brake as I looked left and right before speeding up and driving past the red traffic light.

Another one?! What the hell?! I continued to speed past red traffic lights, cars beeping their horns at me as I passed. I glanced down at my watch again. Ten past six.

I looked up, my eyes widening as I saw the oncoming car coming head on with me. I swerved in an attempt to drive around the car but it was coming too fast.

/CRASH/

I felt the wind leave my lungs as I felt my whole body travel through the air, my eyes widening as I saw the frontview mirror of the car get closer and closer.

/THUD/

========

CL's POV

I threw some notes at the ahjussi as I flung the taxi car open. My mind running through all the worst scenarios.

'Please be okay Seungri.. You have to be okay.. Please..'

"MOVE!" I screamed at a bunch of slow walkers outside of the hospital door, pushing past them as I ran into the hospital.

I tripped on my heels, falling on my knees, scraping them.

"Miss, are you oka--?"

I pushed the hands away from me as I scrambled up, ignoring the groaning of my knees as I resumed my running towards the reception desk.

I slammed my hands down on the desk, breathing heavily from tiredness, fear and worry.

"Lee... Seungri. Where's... Lee... Seungri?" I said inbetween breathes.

"Miss, may I know your relation to--"

"WHERE IS HE?!" I exploded my eyes crazed.

"Miss, if you don't listen and calm down, i'll have to call Security--"

"If you don't listen and tell me where Lee Seungri is, i'll ing sue your !" I snarled as I glared at her.

I felt a hand grasp my shoulder, "Miss--"

"WHAT?!" I screamed, turning to look at the guy.

"Did you just say Lee Seungri?" he asked calmly.

I blinked before rapidly nodding, "Yes! Lee Seungri! Where is he?! Is he okay?!"

"I'm the paramedic that was on the phone," he said, ignoring my questions, "This is Mr Lee's phone and wallet."

"P-phone and wallet? W-why are you giving these to me? Where is he?!" I began to panic as I gripped his phone and wallet in one of my hands. Why would they give me his possessions? Unless he... he...

I closed my eyes as I felt the tears build up behind my eyes, my bottom lip trembling. 

"S-seungri..." I whispered painfully as I felt a lone tear slide down my cheek, my shoulders beginning to shake up and down uncontrollably.

"I'm really sorry for your loss miss."

"No... Seungri... you can't... you can't be gone..." I cried as I felt my legs give out under me.

"He was holding onto these flowers..."

I glanced up through blurry eyes to see a bunch of purple freesias. I slowly grabbed the crumpled flowers from him as I held them close to my heart.

"Seungri..."

== 2 weeks later ==

Third Person POV

"We are gathered here today, to say our final goodbyes to three people who have blessed us with their lives."

"Lee Seungri, Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park, who were all tragically killed in the same motor accident."

CL buried her head into Minho Oppa's chest, not being able to stand the sight of the three grave stones.

"Although they may be gone.. they will forever remain in our hearts and we will forever treasure the memories they gave us. We will always remember the happy memories we created with them. Thank you," Seunghyun shakily stood down from the podium, his hand coming up to brush away a single tear as a hysterical Bom immediately enveloped him in a hug.

"Sandara Park... my beautiful daughter... Why is life so cruel to have taken you awake from us? Why is life so cruel to have taken you away before you could live a full healthy life with the one you truly loved? What kind of sick twisted fate is this?" Young Jae spoke, his fists curled up into balls in anger.

"As horrible as it is... at least you aren't alone up there, in heaven. At least Jiyong is there with you. I can be rest assured that he will take good care of you and protect you just as well as he did when you two were alive. I love you Dara."

== THE END ==

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LOL! APRIL FOOLS! I really doubt any of you guys fell for it... but meh! Just thought I would troll you guys anyway hahaha.... please continue to read what actually happened...

 

 

[This is back to the hospital... CL has just been given the phone and wallet...]

CL's POV

"S-seungri..." I whispered painfully as I felt a lone tear slide down my cheek, my shoulders beginning to shake up and down uncontrollably.

"Miss, please don't cry..."

Another tear... and another...

"S-seungri.. you.. you said I could depend on you... You promised!" I cried out as I crouched down on the floor, burying my head in my arms, "You can't leave me..."

"Miss... please don't cry. I think you've misunderstood. Mr Lee hasn't passed away. He's fine..."

"S-seungri.. why.. why did you leave me--" I paused as I lifted my head to see the paramedic looking down at me, "He-he's alive?"

"Yes, he's alive. He's in the recovery room right now being patched up," he said as he gave me a small smile.

I felt my legs give out under me in overwhelming relief as I leaned my back against the reception desk, "He's okay... Seungri's okay... He's alive."

I closed my eyes as a small smile graced my face. He was safe. He was alive.

"Miss, he's in room 143, when you're ready feel free to come and visit him." I opened my eyes as nodded at him, giving him a grateful smile before he walked away.

I looked down at his wallet and phone in my hand.

'You are his first speed-dial on his phone'

I cautiously unlocked his phone a gasp escaping my mouth, my eyes widening in shock as I stared at the picture of myself. It was a side-profile view of my shoulders up to my face. It looked like the clothes for the fundraiser fashion show.. When did he taken this? I held down button one and after a while I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I really was his first speed-dial. Why? Why not his parents? Why not one of the boys? Why me? I had never even talked to him on the phone...

I placed his phone down in my lap as I cautiously picked up his wallet. I warily looked around before slowly opening it.

"Th.. That..." I stared at the picture in his wallet. A picture of the two of us when we were younger in the park the gang always used to play in. I was sat on the swings with Seungri behind me, his chin propped on my head, the both of us grinning at the camera. How.. how come he still has this? Why is it in his wallet?

"M-miss, Lee Seungri has been patched up and is ready for visitors," I looked upwards to see the receptionist from earlier looking down at me in fear.

I nodded before slowly getting up, clutching his wallet and phone in my hand. I brushed myself down and straightened out my clothes and hair, composing myself before turning to the nurse with an apologetic smile.

"I'm really sorry about before," I apologised as I bowed at her before turning aroung to look for room 143.

Should I even go? He probably doesn't even know i'm here...

139... 140... 141... 142...

I stopped in my tracks as I hovered outside of room 143, biting my lip.

I heard a small groan coming from the room and immediately peeked in to see Seungri wincing as he tried to move. His right leg was in a hard cast and was propped up on a bunch of pillows. His face had a few scratches but the rest of him looked fine. I siged in relief upon seeing him alive and somewhat fine. I had done what I came here to do. To see that he was alive and well, theres was no need for me to stay. I turned to leave when--

"Chaerin?" I paused, slowly turning around to see Seungri looking at me with wide eyes.

I coughed awkwardly as I scratched the back of my neck.

"W-what are you doing here?" he asked in surprised. I bit my lip as I took baby steps into the room before stopping at the side of his bed.

"Here's your stuff," I said lamely as I threw his phone and wallet on top of him.

"Chaerin, why aren't you at the competition?" he asked seriously as he looked me in the eye.

I shrugged slightly as I diverted my eyes to his leg, "No particular reason."

"What do you mean? You really wanted to win..." he trailed off in confusion.

"Winning wasn't important enough for me," I muttered under my breath.

"Huh? What did you say?" he said as he tried to sit up.

"Yeah, but someone didn't come to pick me up," I said harshly instead.

"Chaerin, I am so sorry! You don't understand! I tried my best to come! I really did! My parents... they made me come home! I didn't want to go, but then Appa said he took my motorbike! I left as fast as possible, then I went past a couple of red traffic lights--"

"You did what?!" I hissed as I glared at him.

"I know! I'm so sorry I couldn't come! Please forgive me Chaerin! I didn't keep my promise! I know, i'm a bad person!" he continued to blabber apologetically.

I grabbed the pillows behind him causing him to fall back and hit his head on the headboard.

"Ow.." he whined as he rubbed his head.

"You deserved that. It's not like you have any brain cells in there anyway. Are you stupid or something? Do you want a death wish?! What were you doing riding a motorbike? Running red-lights no less?!" I exploded at him as I hit his face with the pillow.

"W-what?" he looked at me in confusion, "Aren't you angry at me for not taking you to the competition?"

"Oh i'm angry. Believe you me, but no, not because of the competition. What were you thinking? A motorbike? You need a license you know! Do you even know how to ride one of them?!" I hissed angrily.

Seungri dipped his head slightly as he began to fiddle with the bed sheet, "I do have a license..."

"What?"

"I got one yesterday..."

"Illegally?" I asked incredulously.

"What? No!" he lifted his head up before diverting his eys back down, "Legally... I passed yesterday."

"Why? Why learn all of a sudden?"

"What? What did you say? I can't hear you, and that's saying something! Stop mumbling!" Even my sensitive hearing couldn't pick up his words.

I heard him sigh heavily, "I wanted to learn so that you would think I was cool again."

Blink.

Blink. Blink.

"Huh?"

"I know I know! It's stupid! I just.. I remember how you used to look at me when we were younger. You used to think I was so cool, you used to admire me.. now.. i'll be lucky if you look at me without disgust in your eyes..." he trailed off sadly.

My heart softened at his words, he wanted to look cool in front of me?

"Why.. why would you think riding a motorbike would make you cool?"

"I overheard you telling Minho hyung that Teddy was cool when you saw him ride a motorbike."

When did I...

"Waaah! Isn't Teddy Oppa so cool!"

"I--"

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say to his words. If I had known those simple words would cause him to get into a motor accident.. I never would've said them.

I coughed awkwardly as I watched him pick at the bed sheet, "YAH! Why were you running red lights then?!" I said as harsh as possible.

Seungri looked up at me with sad eyes, "I promised you I would pick you up for the show. I was late. I had to. I would rather risk hurting myself than see you disappointed in me once again. To see you disappointed that you couldn't make it to the competition. To see you hurt because you couldn't live out your dream."

I felt my heart explode from his words. He would risk his own life... for me? For my dreams?

"Seungri..."

"I know, you're going to hate me forever. I've heard it before Chaerin. Spare me the words again," he said as he leaned back on the bed, closing his eyes.

I stood there watching him silently. He really had changed hadn't he? He thought I was angry because he didn't keep his promise. He wanted to look cool in front of me. He risked his life... for me. Sure.. he kept me waiting like last time.. but this time... this time he came. He came in leaps and bounds. I felt the final wall around my heart crumble as a natural smile graced my face.

It's time to forget the past Chaerin. No matter how much it hurt... it will only hurt me more if I push him away. It was clear that I cared about him too much to have him out of my life. I should hold on to the head-strong woman that was formed because of my past, but the past it self.. it was time to let go.

I edged closer to the bed as I leaned down lifting his head so I could shove the pillow underneath. I bit back a smile when I felt his shocked eyes on me.

"W-what are you doing CL?" he asked in confusion as I fluffed up his pillows.

"CL? What happened to Chaerin?" I smiled at him.

"Ch-chaerin?"

Dara's POV

"Ji... your phone has a voicemail." I called out to him as I eyed his phone in my hand.

Jiyong closed the apartment door before walking up to take his phone out of my hand, "Huh, I wonder who it is... I left it behind this morning, thank god you didn't text me or call me... Can't be having you deleting my number for a second time can we?" he teased.

I pouted as I lightly hit him on the chest.

He set his phone on speaker before pressing voicemail. 

"You have one new message, left at 6:45PM"

"That was about half an hour ago?" I commented as stared down at the phone as we waited for the message.

"Hi Mr Kwon, this is Seoul Hospital. We have you down as Lee Seungri's emergency contact, Mr Lee has been involved in a car accident, please come down to the hospital as soon as possible." *beep*

I gasped as I looked up at Jiyong to see his eyes wide with shock, "Seungri's been in an accident? Shouldn't he be with CL at the show?"

"Come on, we have to go.. now!" Jiyong said urgently as he pulled me out of the apartment door.

========

"Hi, I got a call earlier saying Lee Seungri has been involved in an accident? Where is he? Is he okay? Has his parents been called?" Jiyong asked frantically, as I finally caught up to him.

"May I know your relation?" the receptionist asked calmly.

"I'm his roommate and close friend, I think he has me down as his emergency contact," Jiyong quickly replied, worry evident in his voice and face.

"Ah yes, you are. Mr Lee is perfectly fine, he survived but he does have a broken leg. He's in room 143," the receptionist said kindly, "Please could you sign this first please?"

Jiyong sighed in relief and quickly picked up the pen, scrawling his signature hurriedly, before grabbing my hand and pulling me along the hallways.

"Why would Seungri have you down as his emergency contact instead of his parents?" I asked in confusion.

"He's not on very good terms with his parents. He believes they don't give a about what happens to him," Jiyong replied as he slowed down.

"That can't be true! Any parent would be worried to death if anything happened to their child!" I  refuted incredulously.

"You know.. not everyone has loving parents like yours Dara," Jiyong muttered bitterly as he stopped outside of room 143.

I opened my mouth to argue when Jiyong placed a finger to my lips, using his head to gesture at the small window on the closed door.

I peeked in and a small smile immediately lit my face at the sight. CL was sitting beside Seungri peeling an apple for him as the both of them laughed at something. I continued to watch as CL placed the apple and knife down, getting up to fluff the pillows behind Seunri's head and to re-adjust the pillows under his casted leg. It didn't escape my notice how happy they both looked, especially Seungri. He looked like he'd just won the lottery.

"I don't think we should disturb them," I whispered as I looked up to see Jiyong wearing a similar smile to my own.

"Agreed." he said as he intertwined his hands with mine bringing it up to his lips before we turned to leave.

"Jiyong?"

We both paused near the exit of the hospital and turned to see a just older than middle-aged man dressed in paramedic clothing.

"Jiyong?" he repeated as he stared at Jiyong.

I felt Jiyong let go of my hand as he stepped up to the man bringing him into a tight hug.

"Mr Paek!" Jiyong said with happiness as he pulled away.

"Jiyong! It's really you! It's been so long!" the man smiled at Jiyong as he patted his shoulder in a fatherly way, his eyes showing happiness.

"Is this.. don't tell me? Dara?" the paramedic said as Jiyong walked back to my side, wrapping an arm around me waist.

"Ermmm... hi?" I said uncertainly, not knowing why this ahjussi knew me.

"Dara, don't you remember? This is Mr Paek! You know? The paramedic that came and saved your life when you ate that snickers bar!" Jiyong explained as he beamed at the man.

"Mr Paek..." I furrowed my eyebrows in thought before my eyes widened, "Mr Paek!" I exclaimed as I flung my arms around him.

"Hello to you too Dara," he chuckled as he pulled away, "And Jiyong, it wasn't me who saved Dara. It was you! I you hadn't called when you did... Anyway! I should've known the two of you would get together!"

I blushed as Jiyong grinned, pulling me back to his side.

"I told you back then and i'll tell you now Dara, you don't understand how scared Jiyong was... he was in tears and everything! He was hysterical!" Mr Paek said dramatically.

"Hysterical is a bit of a strong word! And I barely cried!" he denied his cheeks slightly flushed in embarrassment.

I turned to smile sweetly at Jiyong as I pecked his slightly pinked cheeks, "Don't lie Ji. I heard you cried oceans."

"No I didn't--"

"It's okay Jiyong. Nothing to be embarrassed about!" Mr Paek reassured with a smile, "It just shows how much you cared about her!"

"Anyway!" Jiyong said loudly, "How have you been Mr Paek? How are the wife and kids?"

"I've been good thank you. Wife and kids are great too. The kids absolutely love the toys you sent them for their birthdays by the way, you really didn't have to!" Mr Paek replied joyfully.

"Don't be silly! I'm glad they loved them! I really need to visit them sometime!" Jiyong replied enthusiastically.

I frowned as I looked at the two of them, "Have you guys kept in contact all these years?"

"Of course! This young boy here had seeked me out a couple of days after your allergic reaction and ever since then.. we've kept in contact!" Mr Paek explained happily.

"Oh Jiyong! I hope the last email was detailed enough and contained all the information you needed abo--"

"Ah yes yes, it did. Thanks Mr Paek," Jiyong cut him off quickly as he gave him a look.

"OH!" he nodded in understanding before turning to smile at me, "You've got a good man here Dara! Hold on to him!"

"PAEK! You're on call!"

"Looks like i've got work to do! I'll catch up with you two another time neh?" he waved at us before turning to leave.

"I really can't believe you kept in touch with him for all these years!" I said in surprise as Jiyong intertwined our hands again as we made our way out of the hospital.

"Of course! He's an incredible man you know. I wish I could be like him one day," Jiyong said wistfully.

"What do you mean? You're already an incredible man in my eyes, Kwon Jiyong!" I exclaimed.

Jiyong smiled down at me as he pulled me into a hug, "And you Miss Park, are an incredible woman."

Third Person POV

A woman happily strolled into a building, a smile on her face.

"Annyeonghaseyo, welcome to Seoul Mental Institue, how may I-- Hyo Chun?" the receptionist said in surprise.

"Hello nurse cho! It's been a while hasn't it?" the woman said brightly.

"It has, are you here to see your mother?"

"Yes, how is she doing these days?"

"Much better! You know, the doctors are thinking that in a couple of months time on her next review they may consider letting her out." the nurse replied happily.

The woman's eyes widened in surprise, her jaw clenching tightly, "Is that so? How wonderful!" she replied with fake enthusiasm.

"Well you know where she is, i'll talk to you later!" the nurse said as she turned back to her paperwork.

The woman walked down the familiar hallway, one that she hadn't visited in a while before finally stopping in front of a room. She peeked in to see a middle-aged woman calmly sitting on a chair watching television.

She pasted on a sweet smile before gesturing to the guard to open the door.

The woman didn't bother to turn around, her eyes glued to the television.

"Omma! I haven't seen you in so long, aren't you going to at least say hello?"

No reaction.

"Omma... have you heard the good news?" the woman said sarcastically, "They reckon you might be let out on your next review. Isn't that just wonderful?"

The woman on the chair finally let out a scoff, "Wonderful? Hardly. As if that'll happen."

"Omma! Why on earth would you ever think that? Don't be so pessimistic!" the woman exaggerated, feigning shock at her mothers words.

"As if you would allow me to leave here, after all, you put me in here," the woman replied calmly before finally turning around to stare into her daughters eyes in dissappointment, "When are you going to stop Hyo Chun? It's time to just let go."

"Let go?" the woman snarled, "No. I won't just let go. You may be forgiving, but certainly am not. I'm going to bring justice for our family."

"Revenge will get you nowhere." the woman simply replied.

"This isn't just about revenge!" she hissed as she stood infront of her mother glaring down at her.

"What happened to you Hyo Chun? You used to be so.. so loving, so happy... why? Why would you let yourself turn into this?" the woman said softly, her eyes showing sadness as she stared into the crazed eyes that once showed a loving, care-free normal girl. Her daughter. Her real daughter. Not this monster.

"Your asking me why? This isn't my fault Omma! You know it! They're going to get what they deserve!" the woman said a sadistic smile on her face.

"Please Hyo chun... please.. for Omma, just stop this?" the woman begged as she stood up to cup her daughters face.

The woman pulled back at the touch, pushing her mother away from her, causing her to fall on the floor.

"No I won't stop. Not for you, not for anyone." she muttered darkly, before slapping herself hard across the cheek.

"SECURITY!" she started to scream as she pasted on a scared face, "SECURITY!"

The burly man from outside burst into the door and immediately seized the middle-aged woman from the floor as the woman pretended to cry as she clutched her cheek, "She hit me! Omma! Why would you do this? I'm your daughter! Don't you remember me?"

A psyciatric doctor ran into the room and immediately helped the sobbing woman from the floor, "Are you okay?"

"I am... but Omma..." she trailed off sadly.

The doctor turned to look at the calm middle-aged woman and frowned, "Your Omma seems fine.."

"Fine? She just slapped me!" she shrieked, before she began to fake cry again as she cradled her cheek.

"I don't think it's safe for her to be let out. I love her, I really want her to get better, to leave this place.. but not at the risk of the citizens of Seoul," she said as she looked into the doctors eyes fearfully, "I think it's best if you put a strait jacket on her.. just incase she inflicts pain on other people."

The doctor nodded in understanding, "Okay, i'll see what I can do."


Author's Note:

Annyeong my wonderful subscribers! Kekekeke, did that April Fools scare any of you? I didn't really put much effort into staging it... I don't think many of you were fooled right? Aigoo.. as if I would kill them off!! Anyways, this chapter is pretty heavy on the Ririn.. sorry if you guys wanted more Daragon! Also.. the next chapter will reveal Jiyong's past... I feel like i've really built it up... and i'm actually really worried you'll all be disappointed... so I would like to apologise in advance if it isn't as 'big' as what you expected... >___< For now though.. hope you enjoyed this extremely super duper uber long chapter!! ^^

~Water Phoenix