Chapter 6

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

Mmmmm, Ramyeon! You will forever be my saviour and secret lover! I patted my full stomach, smiling in satisfaction. My bestfriend is Jjang! She certainly knows how to cheer me up.

"I really don't understand what you like so much about Ramyeon. It's not good for your health to eat too much you know, and don't even think about eating it everyday, I got my eyes on you rabbit!" CL gave me the 'I got my eyes on you' gesture from her position on the other sofa.

Drat. I take it back. I take it all back! My bestfriend is the worst. I pouted, as I grabbed the remote and flipped the channel. "Ramyeon is awesome, I don't understand what you have against it! It's cheap too!"

"Anyway, is Jerk face living on his own over there?" I questioned, my eyes trained on the screen. CL blew a raspberry, I jerked my face toward her direction, this is... interesting...

"I wish he did. Unfortunately no. He lives with that rat friend of his." CL spat out distastefully scrunching up her face in disgust.

Huh... I guess he still kept in contact with all his friends, even after 7 years... never would've guessed he was that type of person... "Yah, you have no right to moan and groan! He may live opposite us, but at least you don't have to see him every damn morning! You can succesfully avoid him! Unlike me! Besdies, I never understood what you had against Seungri... he was a nice boy..." I trailed off.

3...2...1 "NICE BOY!? NICE BOY MY ! Pfft, I don't know who you were seeing and talking to, but it must've been a completely different person! That boy! Just his face irritates me. Stupid panda eyes! He may have aged, but he will always be an immature boy!" CL huffed angrily, her arms flailing around to illustrate her exasperation.

"Don't you remember when he..." I tuned her out, man... she's going to be like that for an hour or so now, I'll just pretend to listen... "Uh huh, uh huh". "Yeah totally" I nodded, agreeing half-heartedly, my eyes currently trained on the variety show on TV. I always loved running man.

== Half an hour later ==

"...and then he had the decency to..." CL continued to vent, but her frustrastions fells on deaf ears.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I laughed out loud, oh man... The monday couple! So cute and soo funny! Just.. Ugh! They need to get together already!

"YAHHH! Ssantoki! Are you even listening to me?!" CL's shrill voice captured her attention. She looked at her pissed friend nervously. "Uh yeah, you were saying how much you hated Seungri...?" I questioned, uncertainly.

"Hmph! Such a nappeun bestfriend! That's it! You are clearly an unfit mother for TamTam! As the father, I have a responsibility. I must take TamTam away from you! You are an unfit mother that doesn't listen!" my eyes widened as CL jumped up form her seat and stormed into my room, grabbing TamTam from his tucked in position on my bed.

"ANDWAE! Noooo! CL!! Chaeeee, pleaseeeee! I'm sorry!" I trailed after her into her room, as she she ignored me, tucking TamTam into her bed. No! TamTam doesn't look right there! He looks uncomfortable! He doesn't belong there! Hu hu hu!

"Chaeeee, pleaseee! Bestest friend in the whole wide world! Father of TamTam! You know you can't take TamTam away from this loving mother!" I pouted, pulling the puppy dog eyes look, my lips trembling in sadness.

"HMPH!" She merely turned away.

*Sigh* I guess I have to pull out the big guns. "I'll go with you toe Jeremy Scotts fashion show AND buy you coffee every morning for a whole week!" I said, in defeat. There was no way she'd turn down that offer.

"Waaaah! TamTam! Your mother is jjang isn't she?!" she cooed at the doll, who looked blankly back at her.

Damn it! I loved my bestfriend to bits, but she really knew how to get her way with me! I doubt she was even that angry! I just knew how much she wanted me to attend that Fashion shoot with me... but I'll let you in on a little secret about me... I HATE FASHION SHOOTS! I don't want to spend like 5 hours of my life watching people traipse up and down a catwalk, wearing weird clothes that are out of this world and look totally uncomfortable. Sometimes I wonder how we can be such close friends when our tastes are so completely different, we have very little in common in fact.

"You said it! You can't take it back! Put the date in your planner neh?! The coffee was just an added bonus!" CL winked at me cheerily, as she handed TamTam back to me. I cradled the doll in my arms, as I continuously thought bad thoughts of my so called bestfriend.

"Omo! Ssantoki, it's getting late. Time for bed! First day of university tomorrow, and someone has to get up extra early for my coffee neh?" 

I shot her a look as I got up from her bed. "Goodbam Chae!" "Goodbam Appa!" I made TamTam wave at CL. I closed her door and made my way to my room. I hadn't been in there since the incident. I took a deep breath and opened the door, letting myself in. I closed the door and made my way toward the large window to shut the curtains, I mean I don't want him ing on me in my sleep or something, who knows what weird es he grew up to have!

To my surprise he wasn't in his room. I glanced at the clock in my room, Chae was right. It was getting late. It was just past 11 PM, why wasn't he back yet? I shook my head as I swiftly closed the curtains. It's none of my concern, he's a big boy and he can do whatever he likes, it's not like I care about him anyway. I climbed into bed, my head sinking into the soft fluffy pillow and within minutes I drifted off into a Jiyong-free world.

============

/Wow Fantastic Baby... Dance.../

Aww man! It can't be morning already!! I groaned as I grabbed my phone squinting at the bright screen before pressing the snooze button. Ahh silence.. Much better. I snuggled back into the warm bed ready to drift off again when...

/Wow Fantastic Baby... Dance.../

I was about to tap the snooze button when it hit me. Dammit! I should've never made that stupid promise! Hu hu hu! Now I have to get up to get my so-called bestfriend some fresh morning coffee. Ergh. Groaning, I rolled over rubbing my eyes in an attempt to rub away the sleep. I dragged my tired body in the general direction of the bathroom to get ready for my first day at university.

I was now wide away, ready for the day ahead - first things first, go get coffee for CL.

I grabbed my bag and threw my purse in, then left the apartment and headed towards the elevator. You won't catch me walking down all those flights of stairs, I mean we were pretty high up.

As soon as I reached the bottom floor I exited the apartment  block and made my way towards the little local coffee shop.

I pushed the door open, the smell of freshly grounded coffee beans greeting me immediately. I made my way towards the counter, glad that it wasn't too busy.

"Can I have a Caffee Americano and a Caramel Macchiato to go please?"

I paid for the drinks and waited patiently for them to be made.

"Can I have a Caramel Macchiato please?" a voice said, huh.. That's an awfully familiar voice. I turned my head slightly... Blag. Kwon Jiyong. Well at least he has good taste in coffee. I immediatelyturned my head back, all of a sudden, the coffee was taking way too long to be made, as I tapped my foot impatiently. Hoping jerk face hadn't seen me yet.

"Caffee Americano and Caramel Macchiato!" my order was called out,  I went to grab the drinks when a hand stretched out and took my Caramel Macchiato.

"Excuse me, but that's mine." I turned around to face the thief. I should've known. There holding MY cup of coffee was the devils spawn.

"Yahh! Give me my coffee back!" I made a grab for it but he held it up away from me. Ergh, this is giving me déjà vu... except this time I wasn't trying to get TamTam back but my coffee. Oh how times have changed...

"Nah, I don't think so." he said as he looked at me, smirked then took a long drink from the cup, letting out a satisfied sound after he swallowed.

"Thanks for the coffee!" he held up MY, I repeat MY coffee cup to salute me before walking out. Grrrr! I could just strangle him! No Dara... It's okay, this is your first day of university, don't let little immature boys spoil this day for you  neh? 

"Caramel Macchiato!" The shout broke my thoughts as I tried to comfort myself. I grabbed his turned my coffee with my other free hand and made my way back to the apartment.

I took a sip of the coffee on my way up, and ergh. It just didn't taste right... Maybe because it wasn't MINE! I glowered as I opened the apartment door, slamming it shut. I froze as I realised CL may still be sleeping but relaxed when I saw her already up and ready for the day.

"Morning, coffee as promised" I said as I passed her her coffee.

"Mmm, Caffee Americano! Thanks Ssantoki, you're the best!" she said a she sniffed the coffee.

"Are you ready to go? It's almost time," I asked, glancing at the clock. It was currently 8:30 and my classes started at 9:00.

"Mmhmmm, lemme just grab my bag," she replied.

I locked up the apartment before we made our way down and out of the apartment block.

"Aren't you going to drink that?" CL gestured at my almost full cup of coffee, "You've hardly touched it, didn't you get Caramel macchiato? Or did they run out?" she questioned, taking another sip of her coffee.

"No, they didn't run out... It just tastes... Bitter.." I replied evasively as I threw it in a bin we walked past.

"What time do your classes start again?" I asked CL as we walked through the entrance gate of the university.

"Erm, around 9:00? It varies each day, sometimes 10:00 I think?" she shrugged.

CL's parents, Mr and Mrs Lee were both well renowned lawyers, and had built up their own law firm, their hopes were that their children would become lawyers like themselves. However, CL had other thoughts. She wanted to be a fashion designer, travelling all over the world to spread her designs and ideas. Although her parents were dissappointed at first, they eventually got over it and encouraged her to do what she loved. Hence she was taking fashion as her major at university. Besides, Minho Oppa took Law at university so they  still had one child that was more than willing to take over the business.

I on the other hand being the eldest wanted to take over my parents business. Although Omma and Appa never asked me to or tried to push it on any of us, I knew that they were worried none of us would carry on their legacy. I never felt obligated to, but i wanted to. After all it was their baby which they had nurtured for so long, and I didn't want to see my parents hard work passed on to someone else. I also didn't want Sanghyun or Durami to feel they needed to take on the business. I wanted them to follow their dreams. It's not like I had any dreams anyway, I had no clue what to do, so I figured I may as well take on the family business. Hence, I took business as my major at university.

"Arasso, I'll see you later Chae. Gimme a call when you're finished yeah?" I bid her goodbye and made my way over to the business building of the university.

Man, this place was hugeeee! It took me a further 10 minutes but eventually I managed to find my homeroom. I walked in and was greeted by a group of around 15 students. Good. I liked small groups, it's nice to get to know a small group of people well, than a large group superficially. I took a seat at the far left hand corner of the room next to the window, and took out my brand new note pad and pens. Hmmm, 10 more minutes till class should start. A few more people walked into the room and took the remaining seats.

At 9:00 on the dot a middle-aged man in a smart suit walked in with briefcase in hand. The small murmurings in the class stopped as all eyes were trained on the man in front. The man in question spent about 10 minutes getting things ready, plugging in his laptop etc.

The lecturer eventually straightened up and slightly glared at us all, intimidating us, "I just want to make some rules clear before we start. You'll be stuck with me for three years here, and I don't settle for any nonsense. Don't want to learn? Get out of my class. I don't have time for little children who don't take work seriously. Oh, and one thing I hate the most? Tardiness. So ensure you're always on time to classes, and assignments are handed in promptly. We play by my rules? Got it? Follow my rules and we'll get along just fine. Okay. Let's start" his voice was hard and gruff, one of a man who didn't take no for an an answer, and always got his way.

He the first slide and I opened my notebook to commence taking notes when...

/SLAM/

Everyone's head snapped up into the direction of the door, which swung open to reveal...

Kwon Jiyong.

Aw, Sh*t.


Author's Note:

Annyeong, what do you guys think so far? I'm getting a bit worried that it's getting pretty boring... >___<
~Water Phoenix