Chapter 60

Eyes, the window to the soul

CL's POV

"Stop moping around will you?" I looked over to see Dara huddled up in a blanket dragging it around like it was an extra part of her body.

I rolled my eyes as I heard her heave another deep sigh before pouting and walking around the apartment looking all forlorn.

"Get a grip girl. You look like a hobo," I said as I flicked a magazine page over.

"But I miss Jiyooooong!" she whined, flopping down on the sofa unceremoniously and laying her head on my lap.

"My days girl, you saw him like 12 hours ago," I peeked down at her, "What gave you the impression that I was giving you permission to place your fat head on my lap?"

"You're so mean CL-roo! Can't you see i'm upset right now?!" she complained.

"OW!" I smacked her hand away when I felt her pinch my thigh, "."

"Why are you so grouchy for? I mean more so than usual?" she rolled onto her stomach and propped her head on her hand to look at me, "and why do you keep looking at the clock?"

I sighed and closed the magazine throwing it onto the coffee table, "I'm waiting for Seungri."

I closed my eyes to avoid the glaring beam of light that came from her 100 watt smile as she grinned at me with her e smile.

"Ooooh, are my awkward turtles going on their first date?!" she teased, wriggling her eyebrows up and down as she made kissy faces at me.

I squished her lips in between my thumb and forefinger and flicked her forehead with my other hand, "One, we are not awkward turtles. Two, stop with whatever you're doing with your face will you? Third, no we're not."

"Mmm?"

"Oh sorry," I let go off her lips and wiped my fingers on her blanket.

"What? You're not going on a date? Then what are you planning on doing?" she asked in curiosty.

"We're going to see his parents," I mumbled, a worried look casting over my face as I thought about my impending doom.

"Oh, cool. Wait, what's with the face? Don't you want to?" she sat up, hugging her knees.

"It's not so much that I don't want to per se..." I said slowly, "but more like they hate my guts and will probably, no, definitely throw me out of their house."

Dara sat up straighter, crossing her legs and faced me, her blanket now looking like a cape. She looked like she'd just stepped out of some dorky cartoon film.

"I'm sure they don't hate you--"

"She said I was pathetic," I cut her off, "and a ." I finished when I saw her open to protest.

"Psssh! Nonsense! That doesn't mean they hate you!" Dara waved her hand about breezily.

I gave her a deadpanned expression, "Yes it does. To be honest I don't care much about that. They can hate me for all I care, i'm used to it. I just hope Seungri can make up with his parents. I don't want to come between them," I explained a frown marring my face.

"You don't have to pretend Chae. I know their approval matters to you. I felt the same way when I went to see Jiyong's mother," Dara's face softened as she grabbed my hand, "They'd be stupid not to love you. I'm sure they'll eventually see how lucky they are to have you as their future daughter-in-law."

"Woah woah woah!" I snatched my hand back and held them up, "Hold up, I wouldn't go that far!"

"Oh get over yourself! You love my adorable dongsaeng, don't even try to deny it!" she pointed a finger at my face, "You're going to marry him, and you're going to have adorable baby pandas and mmphh mmphh mmphh--"

"Shut up will you?" I grumbled as I felt the heat rush to my cheeks at the thought.

I rolled my eyes as I felt her wriggle under me. Yeah.. I may have grabbed her cape blanket and wrapped her in it like a burrito to muffle her nonsense.

"Why aren't you with Jiyong together anyway?" I asked as I finally set her free from my trap.

"Waaaah Jiyoooong!" she immediately began to wail.

"My gosh, if I ever end up like this over Seungrat I give you the permission to slap me," I shivered at the thought of whining like my dear best friend.

"You don't understand! It's the longest we've been apart! I really miss him..." she mumbled sadly.

"Where is lover boy anyway?" I questioned as I took a glance at the clock.

"He's gone to do whatever it is with Daesung," she replied then pouted before she smiled cheerily and grabbed my hand, "but that's okay, because I can spend some precious time with my best frien--"

/knock knock/

"Sorry ssantokki, but I think Seungri's here already," I stood up and tried not to laugh at her crestfallen face.

"Try not to mope over Jiyong Oppa all day okay?" I patted her on the head and smiled as I watched her flop back on the sofa and roll back and forth, "and remember to eat!"

 

========

 

"M-maybe I should just stay out here..." I suggested as I stared up at the house I used to go to frequently to play in.

"But the reason we're here is so I could properly introduce you to them as my girlfriend!" Seungri whined.

"I don't think they'll exactly be jumping for joy when they see me, maybe it's best if I just stay here..." I tried to persuade him as I took another glance at the house which held my impending doom.

"Okay, you're not ready. We'll just come back another time then," he smiled at me and grabbed my hand, making a move to walk away.

"What? Who says anything about me being ready? I'm perfectly fine!" I denied as I held my ground.

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me skepitcally as if to say 'really now?'

"Come on let's just get this over with," I tugged at his hand and marched towards the front door, against the thoughts in my head that was telling me to run from the house like my was on fire.

I lifted my hand to knock when Seungri grabbed onto my wrists and pulled it down, turning me to look at him.

"Whatever they say. I don't care okay? Don't listen to them," he said as he drew circles on the back of my hand with his thumb, "No matter what happens, just don't run away from me."

I nodded as him and felt him squeeze my hand in reassurance before turning back and letting out a big breathe of air.

/knock knock/

"Master Seungri-ssi!"

"Aish! Ahjumma, i've told you stop calling me master!" Seungri chastisted her, giving her a warm smile, "Are they at home?"

"You're parents? They're in the living room," she replied as she slowly looked down at our clasped hands her eyes moving up my arm to meet my eyes, "This is... Chaerin?"

I looked at her, surprised to see that she remembered me. She was the same maid that used to sneak me in to play.

I nodded and watched as a motherly smile graced her face, "You've grown up beautifully, here, don't stand outside, come in! Should I tell your parents you're here?"

"No, we'll just go to see them," Seungri replied as we entered the house, into the familiar hallway.

I bowed politely to the ahjumma maid and followed Seungri as he lead us towards the living room where the faint voices of his parents could be heard. I bit my lip nervously, my heart beating loudly. I pulled my hand back from Seungri the moment we reached the entrance to the living room.

"Oh i'm sure you'll absolutely love Seungri!"

"It doesn't matter if I do! As long as my precious daughter does then all is well!"

I started to edge away when I felt Seungri grab my hand again, squeezing it reassuringly before leading me into the room.

"Omma, Appa," he greeted somewhat coldly.

"Seungri, what are you doing here with that thi--"

"Call her anything less than her name and i'm out of here right now," he said coldly.

"Seungri, stop being so impolite can you not see we have guests? Now tell your... friend to go. Now is not the time," his mother commanded.

"No, Chaerin is not going anywhere," he quipped back. I noticed the heated glares from his parents and quickly avoided them, diverting my eyes to the ground.

"Seungri..." his mother warned.

"Don't worry, i'm not staying here for long. I've just come to tell you that i'm in a relationship with this beautiful girl beside me. I hope you can give us your blessing," he stated, rather than asked.

"What? He's already in a relationship?!" the other man in the room said in annoyance. I looked up and saw him stand up, straightening his jacket, "Well there is no point in wasting my time here then. Good day."

"W-wait! Mr Lim!" I bit my lip and shuffled closer to Seungri as the man stormed out of the room with Seungri's mother chasing after him.

"Seungri!" his mother chastisted as she came back in the room breathless, "Look what you just did! Do you know who he is--"

"No, and I don't care quite frankly. Didn't you just hear what I said? I already have a girlfriend. Please stop trying to set me up with girls just to benefit your damn company," Seungri hissed angrily.

"If you think we're going to give you our blessing you can walked right back out this house Lee Seungri," his mother snapped.

I felt Seungri shrug beside me, "Okay, whatever."

"W-wait.." I stuttered as I looked up and tugged Seungri's hand stopping him from leaving.

"Come on Chaerin, let's go," Seungri tried to pull me away.

"Please don't be mad at Seungri," I quickly looked up into his mothers eyes and diverted them away again, "He didn't mean to speak back to you like that last night or today."

"Chaerin stop it--"

"I'm really sorry if i've offended you in anyway," I apologised and bowed deeply.

"Yah! Chaerin! Don't you apologise! They're in the wrong not you!" Seungri chastised angrily.

"If you're sorry then break up with him. You are not worthy of him," his mother's icy words cut through me like ice, "Can't you see you'll just be pulling him down?"

I nodded and breathed in deeply before looking up to stare directly into her eyes, "I know, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry I can't do that. I can't stay away from him."

"You heard her. I don't care for your blessings, i'll be damned if you're going to stop me from living my life my way from now on. Goodbye," Seungri pulled me and this time I obeyed him, following him out the door.

"Lee Seungri. If you step out of this house then you'll lose everything. Your allowance, your credit cards, your car, your right to inherit our business. If you walk out, you are not longer a Lee of this family," his father's harsh voice threatened.

I felt Seungri freeze beside me. He wouldn't... right? I mean more to him than that right?

"Okay, do as you please Mr Lee, take what you want, because all I want is right here beside me. She's the one thing you can't take away from me."

 

========

 

Dara's POV

*le sigh* I can't count how many times i've sighed today. I felt so lonely. CL had gone out with Seungri to visit his parents. Bom shouted at me when I called her, something about me interrupting her date with Seunghyun. Minzy was at dance, and Youngbae was working. Daesung was with Jiyong.. I had no one. Damn. I seriously need more friends.

"Tch.. this is all Jiyong's fault," I mumbled to myself as I pouted. If I wasn't always with him I wouldn't of gotten so attached. Maybe I would've had more friends too!

I glanced at the clock to see that it was approaching half eight and I still hadn't heard anything from Jiyong. Not a call, or even a text. My fingers twitched as I eyed my phone on the coffee table. I really wanted to call him, or at least send him a text but I didn't want to disturb what he was doing. Plus, I didn't want him to think I didn't trust him, but I really wished he would've texted me.

I stood up and grabbed my phone before dragging my feet towards my room. CL and Jiyong would shout if they knew I was skipping dinner but I really didn't have an appetite. I mean, it's never fun to eat when you're alone.

I flopped down on my bed and buried myself under my covers, still clutching onto my phone. Damn it, I have no will. One little text won't hurt right?

From: Your amazeballs girlfriend

Sent at: 20:34 (8:34PM)

Just messaging to make sure you've eaten! Don't forget neh?

Miss you and love you,

~ Dara the awesome whom you love so much! x

I smiled as I pressed the send button, laying my head on my pillow as I waited for his reply. Before long I began to feel my eyes droop as I waited, and finally gave into the darkness.

 

========

 

"Mmmm..."

"Sssh, go back to sleep babe."

"Hmm? Ji?" I muttered groggily as I felt the bed bounce slightly and the covers lift up, causing a small draft of cold air in.

"Sorry babe, I didn't mean to wake you, go back to sleep," he whispered as he shuffled closer and pulled me into his arms, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned sleepily, as I leaned my head against his strong chest.

"I missed you," he simply replied, "I'm sorry I didn't text you back, I was busy."

"Mm.. it's okay. I missed you too," I murmured as I felt my eyes begin to get heavier and heavier again.

"Goodnight babe."

 

== The next day ==

 

"Come on!"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Why are you being so difficult?!"

"I'm not being difficult, you're being difficult!" I rolled my eyes and glanced at him through my mirror as I brushed my hair. Jiyong was busy sulking on the bed as I prepared myself for class. If you hadn't guessed already he was still trying to get me to move in with him.

"No, you are!" he refuted childishly.

"Is that all you've got?" I laughed at him.

"You know you missed me yesterday. Don't deny it! If we were living togehter we would see each other more," he tried to argue.

"Pssh, who said I missed you huh? It was like a breath of fresh air without you. I was having the time of my life!" I lied, placing my brush down and turning to look at him, "If anything, you missed me. You crept into my room yesterday."

"Babe don't lie, I have a text that tells me differently," he rolled his eyes, "but yes, you're right. I did miss you."

"Awww my poor baby boy missed me huh?" I giggled teasingly as I walked up to him and straddled his lap, placing my arms behind his neck.

"Damn right," he muttered as he nuzzled into my neck.

I smiled as I played with the hair at the back of his nape, "Even if I lived with you Ji, I still would've been on my own yesterday. It's not like you would've taken me with you right? Besides you remedied it by coming over last night."

Jiyong pulled away and looked at me seriously, "I knew you weren't okay with me going yesterday."

I rolled my eyes and pinched his sides, "I was perfectly okay with it. I was just stating a fact."

"Sure you were..." he said as he eyed me skeptically, "I guess so, but I don't want to be doing this every night. I don't want to disturb CL, you know better than anyone how much of a light sleeper she is."

I bit my lip as I listened to his explanation. It was true, despite how quiet he would be CL would probably pick up the sounds of him coming in.

"Also, this way you'll know for sure that the person is me," he continued having noticed I had gone quiet as I thought about it, probably thinking that I was starting to agree with him.

I narrowed my eyes at him and playfully slapped his shoulder, "YAH! Of course I knew it was you last night! I'm not stupid!"

"Well you never know, you didn't really question me when I jumped into your bed did you?" he said as he matched my glare.

"I know if its you or not Ji," I rolled my eyes at him, "Why? Did you want me to think you were an intruder and er punch you again like last time huh? Fine. Next time I'll punch you. Happy?"

"Aish you know that's not what I mean," he replied as he pinched my nose.

"I knew it was you. It was your voice, your body and your scent."

"Well someone could've cloned me and--"

"Seriously? You must be desperate to live with me if you're even saying stuff like that," I teased.

"I'm not desperate!" he denied then looked at me sadly, "If I said I was would you move in with me then?"

"Nice try," I placed my fingers on the side of his lips and forced them into a smile, "Come on, lets drop it and go to class or we'll be late."

 

========

 

"I can't believe the weekend is already over," I whined and rubbed my face on Jiyong's shoulder as we walked through the hall ways to our first class with Mr Sang.

"I doubt we'll be having much weekends after this either, especially not with Mr Sang as our teacher," he said as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"What?! Noooo," I whined, "How do you know?!"

"Well for one, he gave us a long essay on our first day and --"

"Yeah and that was your fault," I muttered under my breath.

"-- I heard from Seunghyun hyung. He had him last year," he finished, ignoring my comment.

"Who knows?! Seunghyun might have turned into a liar--"

"Babe? What's up?" Jiyong asked, bumping into my back as I stood rooted at the door, "What are you looking at?"

"Jiyong Oppa!"

I blinked as I felt myself being shoved to the side roughly, my body connecting to the opposite doorframe.

"Oh! Dara, are you alright?"

I turned behind me to see Jaejoong looking at me, concern evident in his eyes as he placed a hand on the shoulder I was rubbing in pain.

"Kiko! Get off me!" Jiyong said angrily as he pushed her away and pulled me away from Jaejoong and to his side, "Don't you dare push Dara like that again, you hear me? I don't care if you're a girl or not."

"Oppa!" she whined and pouted, "It was an honest accident!"

I looked up to see Jiyong narrowing his eyes at her, his lips pressed into a thin line as he softly caressed my shoulder, "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time Kiko."

"Thanks Jiyong! I really didn't mean it!" she beamed at him.

Pfft, I highly doubt that. I eyed her smiling face warily, then looked towards Jiyong. I tugged slightly on his t-shirt, gaining his attention as he looked towards me. I pointedly looked at Kiko then back at him. What the hell was she doing here?!

I saw him shrug slightly causing me to roll my eyes. Gosh, he can be stupid sometimes. I gestured my head towards her again and widened my eyes. I bit back a giggle as I saw his eyes widen in understanding, his mouth forming a small 'O' as he nodded.

"What are you doing here anyway Kiko?" Jiyong asked. Yeah, I could've asked myself but I barely know the girl, plus i'm sure she'd reply properly if it was Jiyong asking.

She clapped happily, practically bouncing on the spot in excitement, "I'm in the same class as you now!"

"What? What do you mean the same class?" Jiyong said in confusion, "You don't even live here. You're going back to Japan. Right?"

RIGHT?! She's going back to Japan!

"Nope!" she chirped happily, popping the 'p', "I'm going to be a exchange student for a year, and if I like it, or if I find a reason to stay," she paused and looked at Jiyong meaningfully, causing me to tighten my grip on his arm, "then I might enroll."

"Don't be silly Kiko. Why would you do that?" Jiyong reprimanded.

"I'm not being silly! I want to experience Korea properly. I mean, my mother is Korean afterall. It's time I get back in touch with my roots. It's been so long since i've comeback to Korea. Plus, with my nationality I shouldn't have too much problems if I stay. Isn't that great?" she explained, all smiles and practically pooping candy and jumping over rainbows.

'Yaaaaaay! That's just soooo great!' I sarcastically thought. I guess she meant it as a rhetorical quesiton but I couldn't help but mutter 'no' under my breath.

"Excuse me, but would you care to explain to me why you four are blocking my classroom door and holding up almost a quarter of your classmates?" Mr Sang's strict voice cut in.

I turned around and pinked when I saw that Jaejoong was still stood awkwardly behind me with some of our other classmates.

"S-sorry sir," I stuttered and nudged Jiyong to do the same before pulling on his arm in the direction of our seats. It didn't escape my notice how Kiko was following closely behind us. I mean seriously?! Doesn't she understand the concept of personal space?!

"H-hey!" I said in surprise as I saw her rush past me and pull out my seat, plopping down on it a second after Jiyong had sat in his seat, "That's my seat!"

"I'm sorry Dara-ssi," she said in a voice that was in no way apologetic, as she batted her eyelashes pitifully at me, "I didn't know. You don't mind right? I don't know anyone else here except for Jiyong. I was hoping he could show me around and help me to adjust."

WHAT?! Don't mind?! Of course I ing mind woman! ADJUST?! I thought she was an exchange student?! Aren't they supposed to be assigned to someone?! She can't just pick Jiyong like that!

"I--"

"Kiko, sit somewhere else, that's Dara's seat," Jiyong chastisted, cutting me off as I smiled trumphantly at her.

I saw her open to protest when Mr Sang's steely voice cut her off, "I'm sorry, I was under the impression that I was teaching a class here."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I saw that the whole class had been staring at the three of us talk, and we weren't exactly quiet either.

"Excuse me young lady, but who are you and why are you in my class?" he directed his harsh eyes to Kiko. The eyes that he had once used on Jiyong and I on our first day.

"I'm the new exchange student Kiko Mizuhara sir," she introduced and dipped her head slightly.

"Hm," he hummed as he eyed her, "Your name is familiar. I think I did recall being told I would have a new student."

We all watched as he placed his briefcase on the table and snapped it open before rifling through, "Ah yes. A student from Japan. Hm."

"Yes sir."

"First day and already causing a fuss I see," he said as he stared at her calculatively, "Please stand up Ms Mizuhara."

Kiko nervously stood up and stared at Mr Sang in confusion.

"Good, now please move yourself to another seat in my classroom."

"B-but si--"

"Are you talking back to me Ms Mizuhara?" Mr Sang asked coldly as he raised an eyebrow at her causing her to shut , "I thought not. Now move seats. You can't expect my class to move around and accomodate for you when you've waltzed in here. Of course if Ms Park here was willing to give up her seat then by all means, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So, stop causing a ruckus in my class."

I bit back a smile as I caught a glimpse of Kiko's red cheeks as she picked up her bag and walked away from my seat, walking past me as I made my way to take my seat back from her, plopping down. Okay, so I feel a teensy bit bad. She's just stood there in the middle of the room looking around, looking sort of lost.

"Are you going to stand there all day Ms Mizuhara?" Mr Sang said impatiently.

She blushed again as she bit her lip and shook her head.

Mr Sang sighed before looking down at the sheet again, "Please sit next to Kim Jaejoong-ssi. Put your hand up Mr Kim. It appears you have been assigned to him for your duration here."

Kiko quickly nodded and walked towards Jaejoong who shuffled his seat inwards so she could get past him to sit on his right. Well that wasn't much of an improvement was it? She's sat directly in front of me! Ergh. Well I guess it's better than sitting in my seat.

"Right, now that a good half of my lesson has been taken up, let's start shall we?"

 

========

 

"I think I jinxed it babe," Jiyong whined as he ruffled his hair up in annoyance as we walked to the cafeteria, "I just knew he was going to give us a load of work."

"That's probably because we only really got half a lesson because of you know who," I muttered.

"What are you laughing at?!" I snapped as I turned to see Jiyong laughing heartily.

"She's not voldermort babe," he laughed and pulled me into his side, "Come on, don't be moody. I honestly didn't know she was going to be here."

"Yeah.. I know.. I just. Okay, I'll live with it," I nodded to myself.

If you're wondering why she wasn't invading my personal bubble, or rather Jiyong's bubble, - his bubble, my bubble, it doesn't matter because we're cool like that, we share our bubbles - was because I had managed to drag Jiyong out there whilst Jae was doing a good job of keeping her busy and asking where she wanted to start touring around the university.

"Wow Dara, you look... positively over the moon!" Bom said sarcastically as Jiyong and I took our seats after getting food.

"Yeah, I can feel your happiness radiating from your whole being. Please, you're making the rest of us depressed!" CL continued jokingly.

"Ha-ha, very funny guys," I said humourlessly.

"What's got your knickers in a twist? I'm sure it wasn't Jiyong because you wouldn't be--"

"Oh my gosh Bom! Would you not?!" I shouted as my cheeks flamed up, "You're so erted."

"So what did you do now Ji?" Youngbae asked casually.

"YAH! Who said I did anything wrong?!" Jiyong defended, glaring at Bae.

"Jiyong's Japanese girl," I paused for a good ten seconds, because you know, I don't want them to think these two words go together with her, "friend, Kiko has somehow managed to get herself in our class!"

"Kiko?"

"Whose Kiko?"

"Jiyong has friends?"

"YAH! What are you guys then?!" Jiyong cut in as he stared stonily at Seunghyun, "Actually don't answer that."

"She's just a girl I happen to know in Japan. She said she's an exchange student here," Jiyong shrugged like it was nothing.

"Pssh, a girl you just happen to know. Who happens to be in the same city as us in Korea. Who happens to be in the same university, and who happens to be in the same class," I muttered as I propped my right elbow on the table and rested my face on my hands, causing my face to squish up.

"Don't worry about her Dara, if she does anything she'll have me to answer to," Bom said nonchalantly but her eyes said it all. She would go bominator and more on her .

"And me," CL piped in, sending me a wink as she crossed her arms. Damn. My girls always got my back.

"Me too unnie!" Daesung said in a highpitched voice, causing us all to raise our eyebrows at him.

"Unnie?"

"What? I'm filling in for Minzy, she told me to say it!" he said as he waved his phone around in his hand. Was he seriously texting this whole conversation to her? Dedication right there.

"Minzy would kick your if she heard your pitiful impression of her," CL said as she absentmindedly picked food off Seungri's plate to eat.

"Yeah, don't you know your girlfriend at all? She doesn't have a high pitched voice," Seunghyun piped in.

"Alright, stop bullying the poor boy, tell her I said thanks Dae," I smiled at him.

 

========

 

I reluctantly dragged my feet through the hallways as we made our way back for our Economics class. No doubt Kiko will try... No, will piss me off.

"Jiyong! Why didn't you wait for me to eat lunch?"

Yup. Our asses had barely touched our seats and she was already talking.

"It's not Jiyong's duty to take you everywhere. What are you? A child?" I snapped at her in irritation as she glared at me in return.

"Alright class settle down!"

I childishly stuck my tongue out at her when she began to turn around. I frowned as I noticed her freeze, her body turning frigid.

"Hey? Are you alright?" I overhead Jaejoong whisper to her, his question echoing my thoughts. Okay yeah, I didn't particularly like this girl but she seemed rather frightened. If she would stop trying to take Jiyong away from me, I might actually like her.

I furrowed my brows as I saw her nod  slowly.

"What's up Dara?" Jiyong whispered as he brought his fingers up to smooth out my brows.

I shrugged it off and turned my attention to the front of the room, "Nothing."

 

========

 

"Alright class, you need to read chapters five to eight and take notes or you won't understand tomorrow's lesson."

"Ewww more homework," I grumbled under my breathe as I slung my bag onto my shoulder.

"Ms Mizuhara, please could I see you for a moment? I want to fill you in on what you've missed in the period you weren't here so you can get up to speed with the rest of the class," she asked kindly as she began to tidy her desk.

"N-neh," Kiko stuttered as she slowly packed her things away.

 

========

 

"I'm going to go meet Yuri now, I'll see you later?" I asked as I paused and turned to him.

"I'm meeting up with Daesung again today," he said cautiously, "so, I'll see you tomorrow?"

I smiled at him reassuringly, "Okay, tomorrow."

"Tell Yuri I said hi," he leaned back and pecked my lips briefly, "call me tonight okay?"

I nodded in confirmation and watched as he walked out of the university gates. I turned around when I could no longer see him and paused in my tracks to smack my forehead as I realised I hadn't asked Yuri where we should meet.

"Crap!" I cursed under my breath as I rummaged through my bag but couldn't find my phone anywhere.

Double crap because I was supposed to call Jiyong tonight. I must've left it in class.

I briskly retraced my footsteps back to the classroom when I picked up the sound of familiar voices.

"Don't do this to him."

"Do you think I want to?"

"I don't know--"

I unconsciously crept closer to the door, the voices becoming louder and more distinct, more familiar.

"You know me better than anyone Dae-Ho! I can't prevent it!"

"You can't or you don't want to?"

My eyes widened as the voices finally registered in my mind. I looked up at the sign on the door and read the words 'Mr Sang's Office', confirming my thoughts. Mr Sang was in his office... talking to Jiyong's Appa.

"I can't!"

"You said I know you better Jin-Sang and I know for a fact that you can! Just go back to Japan and take the girl back with you!"

"Don't you understand? It's out of my control now!"

"I understand Jin, I really do. You love your company, you've sacrificed so much for it already but you have to know when to stop! You're just going to hurt him more!"

"No you don't understand! I've told you! It's out of my control now! It doesn't matter, if his daughter wants something then she'll get it! It doesn't matter if I leave now, she isn't under my control, if she wants to stay she'll stay!"

"Are you saying you're not going to benefit from this at all huh?"

"N-no. I-I mean if it's going to happen anyway it might as well.."

"It might as well what? Help you out? Hit two birds with one stone, is that it?"

"Don't put words into my mouth Dae!"

"I'm only stating the obvious Jin! Tell me, are you really going to sit back and let this happen? Do you know how much he hates you Jin? Do you want him to hate you more? By taking away another person he loves?!"

Silence.

"I know he hates me Dae, but maybe this'll do him some good too, I mean he's eventually going--"

"What? Take over the business? Don't be delusional Jin! Do you really think he will take over your business? Is that what you've been telling yourself all these years? It'll do him some good you say? You and I both know that's a lie."

"Of course he will! He's taking Business isn't he?! Why else would he if he isn't planning to take it over?!"

"Maybe because that's all he bloody knows! That's all he's seen, heard, lived! Business! Did he really have any other choice? Look, you know where I stand on this matter. I'm telling you now, don't hurt him. He isn't the only one you'll be hurting."

"I know okay?! I know! I don't want to hurt him or Dara, but it's going to happen whether I like it or not! Kiko's a daddy's girl and if her wish is to marry my son, then damn it she'll find a way to get it!"

My eyes widened, my hands coming up to cover my gasp as I shakily stepped back. Kiko and Jiyong? M-married? What?!

"No Jin. No. You, you have the power to stop this."

"I wish I did. I really wish I did."

I blinked, my hands falling to my side as I slowly walked backwards, away from the door, their voices becoming quieter and quieter. What was this? Was this really happening? I heard wrongly right? There's no way...

"... it turns out her father was a Japanese government official that was working with him..."

I stumbled and quickly steadied myself, shaking my head as I tried to process everything. My eyes widened when I heard the door opening, their voices getting louder again. I quickly turned around and ran down the hallway before turning the corner which lead to the hallway where my classroom was.

"I hope you understood everything I told you Ms Mizhuara."

I snapped my head to see Ms Kim and Kiko walking out of the classroom, before peeking around the corner to see a stressed Mr Sang re-entering his office alone.

I let out a deep sigh and dragged my feet across the floor, making my way to the classroom to grab my phone, my mind blank. I just couldn't think about anything right now. The news was just...

Jiyong wouldn't... right? I mean he's said it so many times... he doesn't like his Appa. So why would he help him right...? Why would he agree? There was no way he would agree to this. I know Jiyong, he won't be forced into something like this.

"Dara, I know this is going to be alot to ask of you.. but I beg you.. please.. please try to convince Jiyong to contact his Appa. He is a good man."

Could I be selfish though? This... this would be the best opportunity for Jiyong to reconnect with his Appa. This would give them a chance to talk, to patch up. That's what Jiyong Omma wants, for them to make up. To get along, to repair their bond. Jiyong's Omma believes I have the power to fix their relationship. At the expense of what though? Our relationship?

 

========

 

"Dara?"

I looked up and noticed I had reached the university gates where Yuri was standing outside looking at me with concern.

"Are you alright? You look really pale," she said, worry evident in her voice as she approached me.

"I-I'm fine.." I stuttered as I gave her a tight smile, "Yuri, if you don't mind, do you think we could re-arrange this for another time?"

"Oh erm..." she bit her lip as she looked at me, the worry in her eyes increasing, "I-I think it's best we talk now."

I frowned as I head her stutter. What was so important that she wanted to tell me now?

"I'm sorry Dara, but it's something you really need to know."

 

========

 

Despite wanting to being alone, Yuri's anxious voice and worried look made me agree to come to the coffee shop near the university. Whatever she had to say must've been important.

"So what's up?" I asked as I stirred my hot chocolate absentmindedly.

"I.. I don't really know where to start," she said nervously as she placed her hands securely around her own mug, "It's about you and Jiyong."

I stiffened and slowly looked up at her.

"What about Jiyong and I?"

"I don't want to scare you or anything Dara..." she started off as she grabbed my hand and held it, "The other night at the function I overhead someone talking about Jiyong and you whilst I was in the bathroom stalls."

"Kiko.." I whispered as I stared down at my cup.

"Y-yes.. how did you know?" she asked in confusion before her eyes widened, "Have you already met her?"

I nodded my head in confirmation, "W-what was she saying?"

"Well.." she said hesitantly, "I overheard her bad mouthing about you. I was going to go out and confront her when I heard her saying about how Jiyong was hers."

My lips tugged up silghtly in an attempt to smile after I heard the anger in Yuri's voice. Her face was cutely scrunched up in pure annoyance as she retold the events.

"I pretended to be on her side, to see what her deal was," she continued slowly, then squeezed my hand forcing me to look into her eyes, "I don't want to scare you Dara, I just wanted to warn you. She told me what she's planning on doing. She's going to try and--"

"Marry Jiyong." I finished quietly, as I watched Yuri look at me in surprise.

"You know? How did you know? Did she tell you?" she shot questions at me in confusion.

I sighed heavily, "No, I just overhead Jiyong's Appa talking about it."

"What?! No way! Don't tell me Samchon is going along with this?!" Yuri shouted in outrage.

I gave a light shrug, "I don't know. By the sounds of it it doesn't look like he has any objections."

"No! Why would he do that? This is ridiculous!" she fumed, the fire obvious in her eyes, "Kiko told me that she planned on making her father make a deal with Samchon that if Jiyong marries her then her father will help Samchon's company out of the problems it's having now. He's so high up in the government's ranks that one say from him and he can make Samchon's business as good as it was a couple of years ago. They're in alot of bad debt and business isn't going well, but I never thought.. I never thought Samchon would agree! I just.. I wanted to tell you that she was plotting things. I didn't think.. I didn't--"

I lightly squeezed her hand, and gave her the best smile I could muster, "It's okay Yuri. Thank you, so much. I really appreciate that you told me this when you didn't have to.

Her eyes softened as she squeezed my hand back, "There's no need to thank Dara. It was only right I told you. I can see how much my cousin loves you and i'll be damned if I let some random girl come in and try to ruin what you have. You and I both know Jiyong well enough. He won't bend to someone else's will. He won't do it. Stay strong Dara, don't let her get in the way of your relatipnship. I've got your back Dara."

"Thanks Yuri, that really means alot."

All my girls have got my back. What have I got fear?


Author's Note:

Annyeong my wonderful subscribers!

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Sorry it's been a while! I've been super busy! I'm not 100% happy with this chapter but I want to get it out there, can't keep you all waiting too long!

So, Kiko's plan has been revealed. Question is, what is Dara going to do about it? Fight? Will she tell Jiyong? Hehe, until next time! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^^

~Water Phoenix