Chapter 17

Eyes, the window to the soul
Dara's POV

"Do you actually know your way there?" I questioned as I buckled up my seatbelt.

"Of course I do," he replied simply, shifting the car into gear and setting off.

"I'm just warning you now. You chose to wear heels. I refuse to carry you if you start whining, arasso?" he said as he glanced over at me.

"Pfft! As if I'd ask you to carry me anyway! I'd rather suffer than let you carry me! Hmph!" I huffed crossing my arms and looking out the car window. To think, just moments ago, I had thought he was sweet. Is he bipolar or something?!

"Remember, what you said neh?" he replied, chuckling.

== Half an hour later ==

"We're here, let's go." Jiyong parked in the closest spot to the restaurant and let himself out.

I unbuckled myself and got out of the car and was greeted by an amazing sea view.

"Wow..." I murmed, my eyes glued to the beautiful scenery beside the restaurant. I could smell the salty sea air from here already. I absolutely loved the sea.

"Come on let's go, you can admire the view from inside," Jiyong ushered me in, as I took one last glance at the view.

"Hey! You guys are here!" Jaejoong came to greet us, showing us to a large table full with some vaguely familiar faces in our class.

I awkwardly stood inbetween Jiyong and Jaejoong, unsure of how to introduce myself, thankfully Jaejoong introduced us.

"Hey guys, this is Jiyong and Dara, they couldn't make it last time," Jaejoong said as he showed us to our seats. There were three seats left next to each other, one for me, one for Jiyong and one for Jaejoong.

"Pfft, I could've introduced myself, thank you very much," Jiyong muttered under his breathe. I shot him a look, before taking the middle seat, seeing as Jiyong would no doubt sit next to me, and I couldn't let Jaejoong suffer under Jiyong because it was apparent Jiyong didn't like Jaejoong. At all.

After our brief introduction everyone started talking between themselves, the majority of them already knowing each other from the first gathering and had passed the awkward stage of getting to know each other. Jiyong and I on the other hand just sat there in silence. I know why I wasn't talking. This wasn't usually my kind of thing. I just wanted to get to know the class, but now that I was here I felt extremely uncomfortable with so many new faces, and I didn't quite know how to approach the situation or strike up a conversation. Jiyong on the other hand was sat on my right, looking as bored as ever, with his arms crossed over his chest, like he was too good for the people on the table. I began to play with my cutlery as I thought up ways of striking a conversation with the girl across from me.

"Hey, don't be nervous, everyone's really nice." I turned my head to the left to see Jaejoong giving me a reassuring smile. My shoulders relaxed slightly as I offered him a smile back.

"I'm not really used to these kind of things," I explained as I continued to play with my cutlery.

"I didn't have you down as the shy type," Jaejoong replied picking up his glass f water and taking a sip.

"Yeah, I'd always been shy since I was young... I find it hard to approach people, but once I get to know them.. i'm fine. In fact mroe than fine, I allow myself to go crazy," I explained, chuckling at myself.

Jaejoong laughed with me, "I take it your comfortable with me then?" he asked, referring to the easy conversation we were currently having.

I shrugged, "I guess so, but then again you approached me. It's always easier for me if the person approaches me first. Besides, there's something about you that makes me at ease," I offered him a small smile in gratitude.

"Aw, well same here. I feel so comfrotable talking to you. You may not believe it, but I can be quite awkward with people, some people just don't get my sense of humour," he replied pulling a face.

"Well I think you're great!" I replied to reassure him, giving him two thumbs up. He beamed back at me and was about to respond when the waiter came to take our orders.

"I'll have the seafood platter please," Jaejoong told the waiter.

'Hmmm, what should I have?' I pondered as I scanned the menu.

"The seafood platter is really nice here, you should really try it" Jaejoong advised when he saw me struggling to decide.

"Hmm, okay. I'll have the seafood platter please," I said handing the waiter my menu before turning to Jaejoong, "If this doesn't taste nice, I'm holding you personally responsible Jaejoong-ssi!" I playfully glared at him causing him to laugh.

"Hey, we're friends now right? Just call me Jaejoong or Jae," he suggested.

"Sure! Why not! Just call me Dara then," I replied happily. I may not be getting to know the rest of the class right now, which was the purpose of this whole get together, but at least I was getting to know Jaejoong better. He seemed like a really nice person.

"In fact, I'm older than you no? You can call me Oppa if you'd like," his smile widening, blinding me.

'Oppa?' I thought. Somehow the word didn't quite fit with him. Don't get me wrong, he was really nice.. but I only called a select few people Oppa. Maybe later when I got to know him better. I gave him an awkward smile, not sure how to respond when it hit me, 'Oppa?'. Jiyong's always trying to get me to call him Oppa. I turned to my right, to see Jiyong frowning at the me disapprovingly. When he caught my eye, he glared at me. Yeesh, what did I do now?!

After having his fill of glaring at me, he diverted his attention back onto the menu and his frown deepened as he thought of what to get. I mean this was a seafood restaurant and he was allergic to seafood. I honestly don't know why he bothered coming. I sighed and leaned over to my right to look at the menu with him.

"Why don't you get a salad or something?" I suggested, my eyes scanning down the menu.

"Tch! I'm not a rabbit unlike someone," he said eyeing me, before looking back at the mennu, "I'm a man, I need some real food."

"Yah! I'm just trying to help!" I replied, not appreciating the rabbit comment. "Fine, how about the fish stew? I mean you're allergic to seafood but you can eat fish right?" I suggested.

Jiyong looked at me again, but this time to show the surprise in his eyes, "I'd forgotten I could eat fish..." he trailed off before nodding. Although he could eat fish, he just generally avoided all seafood when we were younger, I guess he just forgot since he just categorised fish under seafood too.

"I'll get the fish stew please," he handed the menu back to the waiter then turned back to me, "Glad you realised I'm here now," he accused.

"What! I'm mingling unlike someone who thinks he's too great for other people!" I quipped back, making an obvious jibe at him.

"That's because I am better than most of these people," he replied, his eyes flickering to Jaejoong for a moment before he leaned in closer to me.

"Yah! Don't you understand the concept of personal space?!" I said as I poked his shoulder. He straightened up and smirked before turning around and surprising me by easily striking up a conversation with the guy next to him. Hmph! Easy for some people. I turned back to Jaejoong, but he was in the middle of conversing with the girl next to him and I didn't want to interrupt, so I sat there quietly, returning to my bestfriend - the cutlery.

"Hey Dara, this is Im Yoona," I heard Jaejoong call me. I looked up to see the girl beside Jaejoong offer me a kind smile. 'You can do this Dara! Hwaiting!' I mentally encouraged myself.

"Annyeong Yoona-ssi," I said giving her a small wave.

She giggled, "You're so cute Dara-ssi," she commented. I blushed unsure of how to respond to something like that.

"Isn't she just?" Jaejoong agreed, causing me to blush even harder. What do I do?! I began to panic, I opened and closed my mouth repeatedly, unable to say anything.

"Yah. Just close your mouth already, you look like a fish. They're going to serve you for my dinner if you keep acting like that," Jiyong cut in, poking me in the sides. More heat rushed to my cheeks, as Jaejoong and Yoona laughed at what Jiyong said. Grr! Can't he tell I'm already embarassed?! Why'd he have to go and say that?! I glared at him, but he just shrugged his shoulders before returning back to his conversation with the guy beside him.

"Don't be embarassed Dara-ssi, I think it's cute," Yoona tried to reassure me, giggling.

"Mianhe Yoona-ssi, I'm not really used to this setting,"I tried to explain.

"It's okay, you don't need to apologise!" she replied. I relaxed, Yoona is just as nice as Jaejoong. This isn't so scary...

"Oh here comes the food!" Yoona piped up excitedly.

Soon we were all sat with the food we had ordered in front of us.

"Wow, Jae this looks great!" I commented, as I tried to stop myself from salivating at all the seafood. Me love seafood! Come to mama!

"It tastes great too!" He replied as he popped a squid in his mouth, humming appreciatively.

I quickly prodded a clam and shoved it in my mouth. My eyes bulging. Woaaah! This was amazing! My stomach grumbled lightly in appreciation, and it was only then I'd noticed how hungy I was. I began to shovel the food into my mouth, with abandonement.

"Still eating like a pig," I heard Jiyong say, cutting through my bliss.

I shot him a quick glare, my cheeks full with seafood. I glanced down at his plate. Oooh, that looks pretty good! I swallowed down my food, still eyeing Jiyong's plate.

"You want some?" he offered, holding a piece of fish up, I went to grab it with my fork when he moved his hand away, causing me to frown. Waeee? I went to grab it again, but he moved it away again. I fumed as I looked up at him, is he going to give it to me or not?!

"Ahhh!" Jiyong said as he lifted the fork to my lips. He can't be serious?! He wants to feed me?! I'm 18 for gods sake! I don't need feeding! In front of our class mates too?!

"Ahhh!" Jiyong repeated, as he placed the fish next to my lips. Damn it! I can smell the fishy goodness from here... I quickly glanced around, 'No one is looking! Quick Dara!' I opened my mouth letting him feed me.

I closed my eyes and hummed in satisfaction as the fish melted on my tongue. I opened my eyes to see Jiyong eyeing me with amusement, "Good?" he asked.

I nodded happily, he smiled and returned to eating. Man that fish tasted gooood I thought as I eyed his plate again. He turned to talk to the person beside him again, and forked up some of his fish stew to eat without looking. My eyes widened as I saw what was chilling on the top of the fish on his fork. A small shrimp.

He turned back around and was about to take a bite when I screamed out, "Noooooooooooo!" He stopped, blinked, and looked at me like I was a weirdo. I pointed at his fork, "Shrimp! Shrimp!" I shouted. He blinked then looked down at his fork, his eyes bugging out as he eyed the shrimp.

I immediately picked up my fork and took the killer shrimp from him, placing it in my own mouth and destroying it. I then pulled his plate closer to me, my head moving down to eye the contents. Using my fork I began to rummage around to see if there were more sea killers lurking around. Aha! 'I see you, you shrimp! Think you can get away from me?! I don't think so! I just ate your brother and imma eat you too!' I pierced the shrimp mercilessly and popped it into my mouth. I rummaged around a bit more before smiling in satifaction. No more killer shrimps! I sat up straight and blanched.

Crap! Everybody was looking at me, some with their food mid way to their mouth, their mouth hanging open in shock. "Err..." I blushed, "Jiyong's allergic to shrimp..." I trailed off.

I turned to look at Jiyong to see him in the same position as before, his fork close to his mouth, minus the shrimp. His eyes showing surprise for the second time this night.

"Thank god you saw it Dara-ssi!" Yoong piped up, her voice seemed to break the trance that fell over the table, as everyone nodded and murmured in agreement. I blushed for the billionth time that night as I hid my face and quickly ate my food.

~ Meanwhile ~

CL's POV

/knock knock/

'Hmmm? I heard Ssantoki leave with Jingyo Oppa already... did she not bring her keys and forget something?' I got up from my seat in front of my laptop and made my way towards the door, opening it.

"Ssantoki did you forge--" I stopped talking when I noticed who was stoo behind the door, looking guilty as ever.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly, crossing my arms across my chest as I glared him down.

"I've just come to apo--"

"No need to apologise, you've said what you said, and it's not like I care anyway, so bye!" I cut him off and went to close the door. Why won't it close?! I looked down to see that he'd managed to wedge his foot inbetween the door. Grrr.

"Move your foot you rat!" I growled as I kept trying to push the door closed.

"I won't move until you hear me out and let me apologise!" the rat shouted.

Ergh! If there's one thing I know about Seungrat, he is extremely persistent. I sighed in annoyance before opening the door. I crossed my arms and started tapping my foot impatiently, raising one of my eyebrows at him, "Well?"

Before I knew what he was doing he'd pushed past me and made his way into the apartment. I turned around and watch him make his way into the kitchen.

"Just what do you think you're doing?! I didn't say you could come in did I?!" I screamed as I left the door open and stormed up to him, "There are an awful lot of knives here rat. If you treasure your life i'd leave through that door. Right. Now!" I spat, as I pointed towards the door.

"Look, Chaerin calm down. Just sit at the table and calm down. Let me make it up to you arasso?" he replied calmly. Why is he so calm?! I'm about to butcher his !

"You clearly don't treasure your life," I said as I began to eye the knives on the rack, my hands twitching.

"I do Chaerin. That's why I'm going to make it up to you whether you like it or not," he replied calmly again. He walked up to me and grabbed my shoulders steering me to the table.

"Get your vermin hands off of me!" I snapped as I smacked his hands off of me once I had recovered from the shock. I turned around to see the determination in his eyes. Damn it! He's not going to leave!

I stomped my way towards the apartment door and closed it with a slam.

"Do whatever, I'm gong to my room." I stormed off and made my way to my room, slamming the door loudly again, leaving him standing in the kitchen.

== 1 and a half hours later ==

I stretched in my seat as I glanced down at the rough sketchds I had made, smiling. I stood up and walked over all the crumbled up pieces of paper on the floor. 'I wonder if that rat has left already?' I thought to myself as I opened the door, peering out.

*Sniff*

*Sniff Sniff*

'What was that smell?' I couldn't help my curiosity and I stepped fully out of my room, closing the door behind me. I walked slowly, following the smell that was drifting from the kitchen.

My jaw dropped at the site before me. There diligently cooking was Seungrat. I stood there as I watched him stir a pot, then grab a tissue and wipe the sweat off of his forehead. He turned around, sensing me watching him. I quickly closed my mouth before he could see me in shock, and pasted an indifferent look on my face.

"Oh Chaerin, just wait 10 more minutes neh? Dinners almost ready, go take a seat!" he said called out to me, before turning back around to check on another pot.

I stood there unsure as to whether I should listen to him. An evil smirked emerged on my face. Ha! I'll eat your food Seungrat, I'll eat it and tell you how terrible it is. No way can you cook! I sat down at the already prepped table, waiting for him to present me with his horrible food.

"Here you go!" he said, as he placed down the first dish. I eyed it up... it actually.. doesn't look that bad... Soon 3 more dishes were added. He took the seat opposite me and sat down with a towel hung over his shoulder and beamed.

'I've made seaweed soup, kimchi fried rice, spicy shrimp and last but not least your favourite! Japanese Ramen!" he said as he lifted up the lid of a pot, the steam flowing out immediately.

How.. how did he know Japanese Ramen was my favourite? Even Dara didn't know. She thought I hated Ramen.. it was just that I was picky with the Ramen I liked... So how did he know?

"Tch! That's not my favourite," I refuted weakly -unconvincingly- but he just smiled at me, as if to say 'I know Chaerin'.

"Here let me pour you some soup!" he grabbed my bowl and gave me a generous helping of seaweed soup, before placing it down in front of me.

I eyed it cautiously, "How do I know you haven't poisoned it?"

He rolled his eyes, "Come on Chaerin, I'm not that bad. I'm trying to make it up to you. Not poison you!"

"No drink!" He picked up my spoon, got some soup blew on it nad held it up to my face.

"I can feed myself!" I snapped as I grabbed the soup off of him. I eyed it slowly then brought it to my mouth. *sip* Woaaah. My eyes grew as I looked at him.

"T-this is actually.. good... really good," I stuttered as I took another sip. I paused then looked up to see him smiling happily with satisfaction and pride. Damn it! Did he put something in here to make me say the truth?! My plan to tell him it tasted horrible vanishing from my mind, upon taking the first sip.

"Here, try some of the Ramen!" He said eagerly, snatching my bowl away the second I finished the soup, loading it with noodles.

This time I immediately dug in. Omo! This is really really good! I started to wolf it down, then stopped and looked at him.

"Why aren't you eating? Stop watching me and eat!" I said consciously, I didn't like it when people kept staring at me. He nodded whilst smiling and began to eat.

We ate in silence, no one exchanging any words.

"I'm done. I hate to say it to you, but that was one of the best dinners I've had in a while," I said grudgingly as I placed my chopsticks down

Seungri beamed at me, his eyes becoming invisible, "Thanks Chaerin, you don't understand how much that means to me. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I would like to finish by saying, I am unbelievably sorry for what I said today," he finished, bowing his head a little in shame. I wasn't normally the forgiving type, especially to this rat, but seeing how much effort he put in to cook me dinner and apologise, I decided to make and exception.

"Okay," I said and gave him a rare smile.

He smiled back at me then gasped, "Oh yeah! Dessert!" He got up and opened the fridge bringing out two tall glasses.

"Here, this is the first time I've attempted this... it's lemon sorbet," he asnwered as he placed it in front of me, his eyes looking at me in anticipation.

I picked up my spoon and carefully took a bite. "Is this really your first time making it? It's good" I said, he heaved a sigh of relief before digging into his own. I couldn't help but wonder where he'd learn to cook. I mean I know his parents owned chains of restaurans, but I never knew he could cook.

"Since when did the rat learn how to cook?" I questioned, unable to hide my curiosity.

He chuckled then replied, "I love cooking. It's my hobby. Well, I want it to be more thant just my hobby. I want to cook for a living... but Omma and Appa want me to take over the restaurant as a CEO not as a cook..." his eyes showing tints of sadness.

I sat there stunned at his confession. I never knew Seungrat had ambitions like everyone else. I always thought he was a good for nothing playboy that loved to play and was just going to inherit the company from no hard work. I didn't know that that wasn't what he wanted for himself.

I guess I don't know him as well as I thought I did.


Author's Note:

Annyeong Yeoruben! Updatee! Half Daragon and half Ririn in this chapter! The other POV being CL's... I bet some of you wanted Jiyong's neh? Mianhe! ^^ Anyway, I'll try to update again tonight! Enjoyy!
~Water Phoenix