Chapter 55

Eyes, the window to the soul

== The next day ==

Dara's POV

"Are you sure Ji?"

"Yes I'm sure"

"Really? Are you 100% sure?"

"I'm 200% sure"

"But... but.. are you sure?"

"Yes Dara, i'm su--"

"I mean, if you're not sure I can just go with Omma and Appa I really don't mi--"

My eyes widened briefly in surprise as Jiyong's lips captured my own, silencing me. My eyes fluttered closed as I leaned in, kissing him back as my hands s around his neck.

"Tch, kids these days."

We pulled apart from each other, turning our head to see a small old man with a zimmerframe at the entrance of the hospital, shaking his head dissapprovingly as he slowly made his way around us as we were blocking the entrance, muttering under his breath.

I blushed slightly in embarassment as I noticed the other disapproving looks from the older gerneration who were dotted around the entrance of the hospital, casting my eyes down on the floor.

Jiyong chuckled as he grabbed my hand, leading me through the automatic doors of the hospital, "There's nothing to be embarassed about."

"I'm not embarrassed.." I denied despite the slight tinge of pink that was colouring my cheeks, contradicting my words.

"Okay, if you say so," Jiyong said disbelievingly.

"I'm not, besides why did you have to do that there in front of all the harabeoji's and halmeons's!?" I complained, "What if they had a heartattack or something?!"

Jiyong rolled his eyes, "That's an over exaggeration, it's not like it's against the law or something and I did it because one, I felt like it," I frowned up at him about to retort when he continued, "and two, because it was the only way to get you to stop fretting and worrying."

I pouted, my face immediately turning into a frown as I remembered what we were talking about again, "But really Ji are you su--?"

"Dara, i've told you for the billionth time it's fine. I'm fine. Okay? Stop worrying," he said softly as he dipped his head slightly to look me directly in the eyes, his right hand cupping my face as he brushed the pad of his thumb across my cheek gently.

I opened my mouth to object again, but closed it as I stared back into his reassuring eyes, a soft smile on my lips.

"Okay Ji. I believe you," I said causing Jiyong to smile back as he leaned down to place a soft kiss on my lips before pulling back, "But if at any point you feel uncomfortable I want you to tell me right away okay? We'll leave straight away! Do you understand?"

Jiyong rolled his eyes playfully as he grabbed my hand and started to walk towards Seungri's room, bringing his other hand up to his forehead to salute me, "Yes Madam!"

========

"Wait wait wait!" I whispered harshly under my breath as I tugged Jiyong's hand away from the door handle of Seungri's private hospital room.

Jiyong turned around and gave me a quizzical look but nevertheless let his arm fall to his side, "What? What's wrong?"

"Shhhhhhhh!" I hissed dramatically as I moved to stand in between Jiyong and the door. I stealthily whipped my head left and right down the white corridors of the hospital before turning to face the door.

"Dara? What exactly.. are you doing..?" Jiyong asked as he looked at me like I had gone crazy.

"Jiyong! SSSHH!" I chastisted him as I flapped my hands around sending him a small glare.

"Whhaaaaat?" he whispered back.

I rolled my eyes, placing a finger to his lips before turning back to the door and getting on my tip toes so I could peer into the room better, a huge smile illuminating my face at the sight before me.

"You're never going to live this down Lee Chaerin," I whispered under my breath as I let out a quiet evil laugh. There, lying on the hospital bed, happily snuggled into Seungri's side was CL. Her head resting on his chest and her left arm draped around his stomache.

"Kekekekekeke," I continued to giggle evilly as I eyed my vulnerable best friend. This was totally time for payback. I slipped my hand into my jean pocket grabbing my phone, holding it up and taking multiple shots of the endearing scene.

"What are you two doing?"

I jumped back in surprise, dropping my phone, my back hitting Jiyong's chest as my hand came up to cover my mouth to prevent my scream.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised it was just Bom and Seunghyun.

Bom and Seunghyun.

Together.

Holding hands.

My eyes widened, my jaw dropping as I brought a shaky finger up to point at their connected hands.

"J-ji! Look! Look!" I shrieked as I tugged at Jiyong's arm, turning around to see if he was seeing the same thing as me, or if it was just an illusion.

"Pinch me Ji! No! Slap me! Is this real?! Am I really seeing.. Are they really..?" I said in shock as I whipped my head back and forth between an amused looking Bom and Seunghyun and Jiyong.

"Yes, you are really seeing this," Bom confirmed as she rolled her eyes playfully a bright smile on her face.

"W-when? H-how?" I stuttered in shock.

"I'll tell you later," she said as the two of them walked closer, "For now though, why don't you tell us why you two are being all creepy and lurking around outside instead of going inside."

"Hey! Don't call me creepy Noona!" Jiyong said indignantly, "It's your cousin that's being the creep. She stopped me from going in and has just been laughing evilly to herself."

"Well you're the one that obviously digs that kinda thing," she shrugged, the both of them talking as if I weren't standing right there inbetween them.

"Hey! I'm not a creep!" I whined belatedly after recovering from my shock at seeing Bom and Seunghyun together, as I pouted up at Jiyong, "But even if I were you'd still love me!"

"That's debatable..." Jiyong teased as he laughed, avoiding my fist and grabbing my arm, pulling me into his chest and giving me a quick peck on the tip of my nose, "Only kidding Dara, of course I would love you."

"Alright alright, we get it," Seunghyun's deep voice cut in, sounding grossed out at all the mushy cheesy-ness, "So what were you doing lurking outside Dara?"

"I wasn't--"

"Yes you were."

"Okay fine! Whatever!" I pouted as I glared at Jiyong in betrayal, before simply pointing at the small glass in the door that seperated us from Seungri and CL.

I moved out of the way so Bom could peek in, a smirk immediately appearing on her face, "Oh what do we have here..?" she mutted evilly under her breath.

"See! It's not just me!" I said as I pointed at Bom before crouching to pick up my phone.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes as he pulled Bom back before reaching for the door handle and pushing it open, "AY! You two, quit sleeping, it's almost midday, wake your asses up!" his deep voice boomed around the room.

Third Person POV

Before Seunghyun had even opened his mouth CL's eyes snapped open, her sharp hearing picking up the sound of the door opening. She looked at her four smirking friends in confusion, wondering why they were in her room. Her frown deepened as she began to wonder why her pillow seemed to be... breathing? Her eyes dropped from her friend down to her breathing pillow, her eyes widening.

She blinked once, twice, thrice.

"Hyuuuuung, why are you making so much noise?" Seungri whined as he scrunched up his face, his arm natutrally coming up to tug CL closer to him in his sleepiness.

CL's eyes widened further at this move before she let out a scream and pushed Seungri trying to create as much space between them as possible.

"AAAAH AAH AHH," Seungri started to moan in pain at her harsh shove. If it wasn't for the bars on the side of the hospital bed Seungri's would've been unceremoniously shoved onto the floor.

"Omo! Seungri! I'm sorry!" CL shrieked and made a move to check his body before she remembered why she had shoved him away in the first place.

"I-I mean... Pffft, as if that hurt at all, stop being such a girl!" she said indifferently as she scrambled off the bed.

Dara's POV

I watched in amusement at my flustered best friend as she smoothed down her clothes and her hair as she tried to act as if we didn't just catch her cuddling with Seungri.

"Y-yah! What are you guys doing here anyway? Haven't you heard of knocking?!" She exclaimed as she avoided our teasing eyes.

"Wae? Are we not allowed to visit Seungri?" Bom teased.

"Bommie-ah, it's probably because CL wanted more alone time with her poorly panda," I continued to tease as I sent CL a wink.

"YAH! What are you talking about?!" CL exploded as she turned even redder, "Stop making things up!"

"What's with all the ruckus?"

We turned around to see Minzy, Youngbae and Daesung standing at the door of Seungri's room looking at us all in puzzlement.

"Oh.. nothing much just--"

"N-NOTHING! NOTHING!" CL cut in as she glared at Bom and I, as if to say 'Repeat anything, and I will cut you'

"CL-unnie? Why are you so red?" Minzy asked in conern as she walked towards her cousin and placed a hand on her forehead.

"Omo! You're burning up Unnie! Are you ill?!" Minzy asked in worry.

"Yeah, I think she's caught a bug.. the Lurrr--"

"Arasso babe, stop teasing CL now. She might have a heartattack," Seunghyun's deep voice cut in as he grabbed Bom's hand.

"BABE?!" Everyone in the room chorused except for Jiyong and I.

"Yup! Seunghyun and I are together now!" Bom chirped happily as she beamed up at Seunghyun, her attention no longer on CL.

"THANK GOD! It's about time! Talk about glacial pace!" Youngbae complained as he flopped onto the couch before rolling his eyes.

"I'm just surprised Seunghyun Oppa is still standing. I mean, especially after the 'food' that Bommie cooked for him," CL said using air quotes whe she said "food".

"YAH! I can.. I can cook..." Bommie mumbled as she looked around the room in hopes someone would back her up.

"Babe, you can't cook to save your life," Seunghyun chuckled as he watched Bom blow a raspberry before pouting.

"YAH! HELLOOOO?! Ill person here?! Jeez! Aren't you all here to visit the adorable me?" Seungri's loud voice boomed around the room as he frowned at us all.

"Stop being such a baby, you're not ill, you just have a broken leg," Jiyong rolled his eye as he walked up to Seungri and poked at his leg.

"HEY! A broken leg is a type of ill!" he protested pouting as he crossed his arms across his chest.

I smiled as I looked around the small hospital room, observing the interactions of everyone. Daesung and Minzy cuddling together on a seat, Seunghyun with his arms wrapped around Bom in a back hug as they watched Jiyong and Seungri argue, CL who had now calmed down was sitting next to Seungri's bed with a soft smile as she peeled an apple, Youngbae--

"Urgh!"

"Bae? What's up? Are you okay?" I asked in concern as I crossed the room to sit beside him on the couch my eyes flickering from his face to his phone.

"Yeah.. Just received a text from the parents. I just have to go to some stupid business function tonight or something," he said as he rolled his eyes.

"Omo! Is it the same one that Minho Oppa and I are going to tonight?" CL asked as she looked up from the apple, "It must be..."

"CL, you're going? I thought only Minho Oppa would go?" I said in surprise as I looked at her curiously. CL didn't usually go to these functions since she wasn't going to be taking over the family business anyway.

"Hey! We're going too!" Bom piped in as Seunghyun nodded, placing his chin ontop of her head.

"Me too! Me too!" Seungri said, not wanting to be left out.

"Yah.. so you're all going? Where was our invite?!" Minzy exclaimed, "I want to go too!"

"Trust me Mingkki, you don't want to go. They're positively boring. Just a building of rich people, the majority of them are snobby," CL said as she started to cut the apple into pieces, absentmindedly giving them to Seungri to eat, "Besides, if it wasn't for Minho Oppa forcing me, I wouldn't want to go at all."

"If you really want to go Minzy, how about being Oppa's date tonight huh?" Youngbae suggested, "Can't be going looking like a loner. I'm the ninth wheel most of the time." he finished off as he gave us all pointed looks.

"Oka--"

"ANDWAE!" Daesung cut Minzy off as he tightened his hold aroung her waist, "No way! Get your own girlfriend! I'm taking her on a date tonight!"

"Aigoo, my Daesungie is so adorable!" Minzy cooed as she nuzzled her nose against Daesungs.

"Ergh!" Youngbae pretended to vomit as he scrunched his nose up at the overly sweet scene.

"Dara? How about yo--"

"No chance Bae," Jiyong quickly cut in as he walked up to me and pulled me to his side, "My girlfriend is my date."

"You're going Ji?" Seunghyun asked in surprise.

"Yes I am." Jiyong said with a shrug like it was no big deal.

"Are you sure? What about what happened last time.." Youngbae looked at him with worried eyes.

As I looked at Seunghyun and Youngbae's worried looks for Jiyong, I began to think letting him come wasn't such a good idea anymore. What was I thinking?

"Yeah.. maybe it's best if you don't go Ji.. I can always go with Youngb--"

"Aish! Look what you two did!" Jiyong scowled at the two boys before turning to look at me, "Don't listen to them, i'm fine. I'm going and that's final."

I silently nodded, hearing the finality in his voice. Even if I still doubted whether he should come, I could tell Jiyong wouldn't change his decision. He was stubborn like that.

"Yeesh.. there goes my possibilty of a date," Bae whined as he flopped back onto the couch, throwing his hands up in the air.

"I thought you said you weren't interested in a relationship right now anyway?" I countered.

"It's not a relationship I want.. just company ya know? You guys are always so.." he pulled a face, scrunching his nose up as he eyed us all, "It would be nice to have company of someone who isn't being all cheesy, or love dovey or trying to face. Especially after Daesung left me for Minzy," he finished shooting Daesung a playful accusatory glare. Not that he noticed as the said guy was too preoccuppied with his girlfriend.

Okay. Point taken.

"Hold up, Seungri, who are you going with then?" I asked, my eyebrows meshed together in confusion. I would've figured if CL went with anyone, it would be Seungri, not Minho.

"Yeah, why are you going with Minho Oppa and not Seungri, Unnie?" Minzy asked as she turned to CL.

"WHAT?! I-I don't know what you're talking about! Why would I go with Seungri? Of course I would go with my brother!" CL exclaimed as her concentration on the apple increased ten-fold.

"B-but you said that if you didn't have to go with Hyung you would.. go.. with me.." Seungri mumbled, hurt evident in his voice, as he fumbled with his blanket.

The room was silent as we waited for CL's reply, would she deny it, or would she admit it? Of course her pride got the better of her.

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming rat?" CL finally replied breaking the silence as she let out an awward forced laugh. I looked at Seungri to see his shoulders deflated, sadness evident in his eyes. Damn, way to kick a guy when he's down.

"O-oh? Well why don't you take Seungri as your date then Younbae? ha.. ha.." I cut in, as I tried to lighten the mood.

"No thanks, rather not. I'm not that desperate for a date," Youngbae joked.

"Gee thanks for making an ill person feel good about themselves hyung," Seungri said as he tried to break the awkwardness, his smile not quite reaching his eyes, "Guys, i'm tired. I want to rest some more before I have to go to this stupid thing tonight..."

"Oh! Okay, we'll be going then. Girls fancy a shopping trip? This function was so last minute, I need to find a dress quick time," I said as I looked at them questioningly.

"Yeah sure why not?" Bom replied as Minzy bobbed her head in agreement.

"CL?"

"Erm.. I think i'll stay here and make sure erm.." she started as her eyes flickered to Seungri worryingly.

"I'm sure Seungri will be fine," I reassured her.

"Erm.."

"Just go." Seungri quietly said, not looking at her as he leaned back and closed his eyes, "I'll see you guys later."

CL bit her lip but nodded none the less as she grabbed her bag then went to check on Seungri one last time, as if something might have happened in that short 10 seconds she was away from his side. She tried to fluff his pillows and make him more comfortable but he flinched away from her, causing her to back away slightly with a sigh, a bit of regret showing in her eyes. Aish, this best friend of mine. She's so stubborn! She says one thing, but her gestures show the complete opposite, poor boy must be so confused.

"Okay babe, i'll come to your apartment later to pick you up?" Jiyong said as he pulled me into a brief hug as he kissed my forehead.

"Mmm, I love you," I replied as I gave him a soft peck on the side of his neck before pulling away, "Come on girls, lets go!"

"Minzy? Come on!" Bom called as we made our way out of the room one by one.

I turned to see her in a heated discussion with Daesung, before I saw Daesung roll his eyes before he nodded.

"Coming Unnie! Oh, Bae Oppa! I'll come as your date tonight, come pick me up at my house neh?" She called to Youngbae who blinked in surprise and looked at the sulky Daesung who was pouting like there was no tomorrow.

"Erm.. okay?" Youngbae replied in confusion as Minzy smiled at him cheekily before turning to peck Daesung on the cheek before she folowed us out the room.

========

"Yah CL-roo, that was really mean of you to do that to panda. Did you see how sad he looked?! He looked like a kicked puppy! Or panda, in his case!" I scolded her as we entered the mall.

"Yeah, he looked really crushed Unnie," Minzy continued.

"YEAH! He..er.. YEAH!" Bom exclaimed, wanting to join in too.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about," CL shrugged as she made her way to the first store.

"Oh reaaaaally now? Come on Chae!"

"What?"

"Don't act like you don't know! We have photographic evidence you know!" I said as I waved my phone in front of her face.

"Ooh! What what?! Lemme see!" Minzy exclaimed as she grabbed my phone, looking at the photo before she began to giggle then looked at CL teasingly.

"YAH! GIVE ME THAT!" CL tried to grab the phone, but I merely side-stepped her, locked my phone and shoved it in my pocket.

"I don't think so!" I smirked as I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Aish! Whatever, you three are annoying the crap out of me!" she grumbled as she glared at us.

"For good reason though! Seriously Chaerin, stop being so stubborn! Seungri obviously likes you.. alot and despite your actions, you obviously like- HEY! AY! DON'T YOU INTERRUPT ME WHEN I'M TALKING!" Bom threatened CL as she opened to protest, before closing it upon seeing the Bominator rear her ugly head, "as I was saying before I was almost rudely interrupted... you obviously feel something for him too. Why do you keep pushing him away?"

CL averted her eyes to the shop floor as she shuffled her feet, biting her lips before she finally sighed and looked up at us, "I don't know why.."

"Is it because you don't want us to make fun of you? Is that it? Because if it is, all you have to do is say.. I mean it's fun and all.. well actually it's bloody hilarious to us, but if it's just going to make you push him away, we'll stop," I reasoned with her.

"I don't know.. maybe? Maybe it's just my natural reaction? I can't help it. God, I feel so bad now.. did he look really hurt?" CL mumbled as she looked at us all, hoping we would tell her ortherwise.

"TOTALLY! Looked like you just er punched him in the face," Bom chirped, as she startled to rifle through the clothes rack for a dress, as I tried to elbow her to stop.

"R-really?" CL looked down guiltily.

"Yup!"

"Yah, Bommie stop making her feel guilty!" I chided her as I gave a small tug at her hair.

"What? It's the truth? So now that you know you just trampled all over the poor panda, now you must make it up to him tonight arasso?" Bom said as she paused, turning to give CL an encouraging smile.

"Neh Unnie," CL replied as she smiled back.

"Now that that's sorted... what do you think of this dress?"

========

"Come on! Tell us already!" Minzy whined as we sat down at a restaurant to grab some lunch.

"Tell you what?" Bom smiled innocently pretending not to know.

"How Seunghyun Oppa managed to survive last night! He didn't even get food poisoining!" I teased.

"Yeah! Unless.. oh I see! He didn't actually eat anything did he?" CL nodded in understanding as if she had just cracked the davinchi code.

"HEY! He ate it, i'll have you know! Savoured it and everything!" Bom retorted as she smiled smugly at us, only to see us looking at her disbelievingly like this >> -______-

"YAH! My cooking isn't that ba-- Okay yeah it ing . Geez." Bom harrumphed in her seat, pouting as she looked at the menu.

"HA! Told you he didn't eat it!" CL smirked triumphantly as she leaned back on her seat.

"He did eat it! He said, and I quote," she coughed and thumped her chest, "It was the best food i've ever tasted, because it was cooked by you, because it was made with your love. That's the best kind of food there is." she finished in her best intimitation of Seunghyun's deep voice.

...

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAH" we squealed in unison. I attached myself to Bom and began shaking her as Minzy did the same to CL, not minding the weird looks we were receiving from other restaurant customers.

"Oh my gosh that is sooooooooo romantic!" I swooned as I imagined Seunghyun being all romantic.

"It's like a drama! What happened next?!" Minzy asked excitedly.

"He told me he loved me--"

"KYAAAAAAAAAH"
 

"--and then he kissed me--"
 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAH"

"--and then asked me to be his girlfiend."

"OH MY GOSH BOMMIE! You and Seunghyun are finally together!! After all these years!!" I wailed dramatically as I continued to shake her.

"I know! It's like, we were destined for each other," she replied a genuinely happy smile pasted on her face, "I'm happy girls. I'm finally truly happy."

========

"I wonder why Minzy wanted to get ready on her own?" I asked as we arrived at CL and I's apartment.

"Who knows? Maybe she has to do some making up with Daesung or something," Bom shrugged as CL immediately made a beeline for her room, nudging Bom on the way.

"YAH! What are you in such a hurry for?!" Bom shouted at CL.

"Mianhe Bommie! I need to start getting ready!" CL replied from her room.

"Already?! It's only 4! When does it start?" Bom asked as she made her way into the kitchen and immediately started rifling through the cupboards and fridge.

"Oppa said he was going to pick me up at seven, and it starts at around half seven?" CL replied as she poked her head out of the door to answer Bom.

"SEVEN?! That's plenty of time Chae, why are you rushing?" Bom rolled her eyes as she opened a can of corn she had managed to find in our cupboard.

"Not everyone is as beautiful as you and Dara you know! Some of us have to put in alot of effort!" came Cl's reply to which both Bom and I rolled our eyes. Here she goes again.

"Yah, when are you going to learn that you are beautiful? Aish, I feel like a parrot. I constantly have to repeat this to you, when will it get through your thick head?" I said as I leaned on her door frame and watched her carefully hang her dress up on her wardrobe.

"Whatever you say ssantoki," Cl replied absentmindedly, obviously not listening to a word I was saying.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Repeat after me Lee Chaerin."

"Repeat after me Lee Chaerin." she said as she grabbed some towels.

"Haha very funny," I glared at her as she gave me a cheeky smile."

"I, Lee Chaerin am a beautiful person."

"Unnie I really don't think this is necess--"

"Just do it already," Bom said as she stood beside me and began waving her spoon around, her cheeks full of corn.

"But I don't want--"

"LEE CHAERIN!" Bom's voice boomed as she glared at her.

"I, Lee Chaerin am a beautiful person." she quickly mumbled in fear of the bominator appearing and ripping her to shreds.

"Louder!" Bom demanded as she waved her spoon threateningly.

"I, LEE CHEARIN AM A BEAUTIFUL PERSON!" She shouted then pouted.

"I, Lee Chaerin am the best!"

"I, Lee Chaerin am the best!" she recited after me.

"I, Lee Chaerin thinks Dara is awesome."

"I, Lee Chaerin thinks Dara is awesome." she repeated as she rolled her eyes at me.

"I, Lee Chaerin love Lee Seungri."

"I, Lee Chaerin love Lee Seung-- YA! WHAT?! NO I DON'T!" she suddenly stopped as she began to realise what she was saying.

"YA! You two get out! I need to take a shower! So annoying!" She exclaimed as she pushed us out of her room, slamming the door in our faces but not before we saw her face fushed red.

"Kekeke, good one ssantokki!" Bom laughed as she offered me some of her prized corn.

========

Minzy's POV

"I still don't think this is a good idea Minzy-ah.." Daesung said worriedly.

"Oppa! What's not good about my idea?! Stop being so worried! You should be lucky to have such a genius girlfriend like moi!" I said as I flicked my hair behind my shoulder dramatically and gave him a wink.

"But I don't think Bae will be very--"

"OPPA! Do you want me to go instead then?!" I threatened.

"Ani! You promised me date night!" He protested and pouted cutely, making me squeal internally and jump up and down mentally.

"Exactly! We can't let Bae Oppa go on his own right?"

"I guess so.."

"Right! Now stop being worried and hand me my phone!"

========

"CL! Minho Oppa is here!" I shouted as I opened the door wide to let Minho in, "Hello Oppa, you look dashing!"

"Babe! That word should only be used on me!" I turned back to the door to see Jiyong standing at the door glaring at Minho with a small pout being to emerge on his lips.

"You're such a big baby," I rolled my eyes and grinned before going over to wrap my arms around his neck, pecking him on his lips.

"A dashing one though, right?" he said sulkily.

"Neh, a handsome, dashing one... that's mine!" I exclaimed giving him a soft peck on the nose.

"That's more like it," he grinned before leaning down to give me a deep kiss, "You look absolutely beautiful babe," he whispered in my ear nipping on my earlobe slightly.

"YAH! Would you stop that PDA already?! Minho Hyung looks like he wants to jump out of the window!"

We turned around to see Seunghyun at the doorway, staring at us with his nose wrinkled. He strode past us and made his way to Bom in the kitchen who was oblivious to him and was once again rummaging through the cupboards for more corn probably.

"Hi Oppa," Cl entered the room whist going through her clutch bag.

66655424.jpg

"Great! You're here! What took so long?! Let's go!" Minho quickly jumped up off the sofa.

"You know, when someone says hi, you're supposed to say hi back," CL retorted as she closed her clutch and strode towards him.

"Okay fine. Hi. Happy? Let's go!" Minho replied as she made his way towards the door, "I can't stand being in this coupley sweet environment." he gestured towards Jiyong and I, then Bom and Seunghyun in the kitchen.

"Gotcha, let's go then." CL nodded understandingly at Minho before turning to me, "We'll see you guys there!"

"I guess we should get going too then?" I suggested as I grabbed my bag from the kitchen table and made my way back to the door where Jiyong was waiting for me.

"We'll see you guys there! Don't come too late!" I told Bom and Seunghyun before we made our way out of the apartment and to Jiyong's car.

========

"Nervous?"

I nodded, biting my lip as I looked outside of the now stationary car. This wasn't like the last business function we went to. This was much bigger and involved most if not all important business people in Korea. I could already see the flashes of camera's, probably the paparrazi ready to snap pictures of all the wealthy business men and women.

"Hey," Jiyong gently grabed my chin and turned my head towards him, "There's no need to be nervous, i'm here okay? I won't let anything happen to you."

I slowly nodded as I looked into his reassuring eyes. I wasn't nervous for myself but for Jiyong. Knowing that there were paparazzi and newspaper reporters there didn't make me feel comfortable at all. Those people could find anything out if they really wanted to. What if they recognised Jiyong? What if some of the other business people recognise him? What's going to happen? What if Jiyong's appa hears that he's here an--

"Dara?" Jiyong's soft voice broke through my thoughts, his hand gently cupping the side of my face, the pads of his thumbs brushing against my cheeks.

"Arasso, sorry just stage fright I guess," I replied as I gave him a soft smile.

*knock knock*

We turned to see valet boys outside the car, gesturing for us to come out. Time to face all those cameras I guess.

"Kaja?"

The valet boys opened our doors for us and as soon as we stepped out cameras began flashing in our direction. Jiyong handed one of them his keys before quickly coming to my side and offering his arm which I immediately grabbed onto.

"Smile Dara," Jiyong reminded me as we began to make our way down the red carpet and into the building where the function room was held.

"Who are they? They look familiar?"

"I don't know.. but I know what you mean!"

"That girl.. I think she's the heir to park industries?"

"Yeah! I think she is.. whose he though? Maybe he's just her boyfriend?"

"Maybe, but he looks awfully familiar too!"

I tightened my grip on Jiyong's arm as I took a quick glance at his face. He must've heard them too right? To my surprise Jiyong's face was calm. He met my gaze and give me a quick reassuring smile before looking ahead, continuing to guide me. I really hope tonight goes without any problems and no one finds out who he is.. I mean.. nothing that bad could happen... right?


Author's Note:

*peeks out from behind a cushion*

Annyeong Yeoruben! First of I want to say an enormously huge SORRY! *90 degree bow*. The hiatus wasn't supposed to be that long.. After my exams I had to make some pretty big decisions in my life, on top of some other things and i've been really busy that I haven't had the chance to sit down and properly think about this fanfic. Now that I am trying to concentrate on it, I feel like i've lost my flow of writing... before I knew where it was going but now.. not so much.. I guess that's what a hiatus does. I'm going to try my best to maintain the momentum on this fic that I had before. I'm determined to finish it. I'm sorry if from here on out it disappoints you. I would also like to say thank you for sticking with this fanfic even though I've kept you waiting for ages, i'm truly sorry. I will also understand if you guys unsubscribe as I really don't know how my style of writing is going to turn out anymore...

Anyways, sorry for this boring chapter.. it's not the one I wanted to give you after such a long break, but I hope you guys can understand and hope some of you will enjoy it!
~Water Phoenix