Chapter 41

Eyes, the window to the soul

CL's POV

I sighed dreamily as I thought back to the fashion show, "Wasn't it just amazing? All those clothes... so beautiful... I hope in a few years time I will be able to hold my very own fashion show.."

"I'm sure all your hardwork will pay off Chaerin. I believe you're going to be one of the best fashion designers out there," Seungri encouraged.

I blinked as I turned to look at him. I had completely forgotten I was talking to Seungri. I ignored his encouraging words and turned away from him to stare out of the car window. If I was being completely honest I had enjoyed his company tonight. He had acted like the perfect gentleman from start to finish, pulling my seat out for me, getting me drinks, and then when I went to socialise to get contacts he stayed by my side and tried his best to join in the conversation. I couldn't help but feel happy that he had accompanied me instead of Dara, I mean I loved the girl but she wouldn't have even tried to pretend that she was enjoying the show. Seungri on the otherhand, it seemed like he genuinely enjoyed the show, not once did he whine or complain.

I sighed heavily as I continued to look up into the dark night sky, last nights events playing back in my mind.

~ Flashback to last night ~

I tossed and turn on the floor as I tried to get comfortable, my mind contemplating whether I should just sleep on the bed or not, but my stubborness won out. I couldn't allow myself to. I continued to shuffle around on the floor when my heightened hearing senses picked up the light sound of movement outside the foor, causing me to still in my current position on my side.

My eyes immediately snapped shut when I heard the door open, scraping against the soft carpet on the floor. I listened as the footsteps drew closer and closer before I felt a shadow over me. 'What the hell was he doing? I knew he was a ert!'

I was about to spring up and batter the life out of him when his next actions caused me to freeze. I felt my hair being shifted away from my face, my body tensing at the action. I could feel his intense gaze as he openly stared at me, the insecure and self-conscious little girl within me wanting to reach for my hair to cover up my face and prevent him from staring. I tried my best to keep my breath even and my face as relaxed as possible despite the stubborn girl within me that wanted to jump out and beat the out of him for coming to watch me in my sleep.

I heard him sigh heavily as his shadow moved, my body relaxing as I felt him move, 'Finally.. he's going.'

I bit back a yelp, my lips squeezing tightly together when I felt his arms slide underneath my body before I felt myself being lifted up from the cold hard floor, my body tensing at his action. Soon after I felt myself being lowered before I came into contact with the soft mattress. I felt him pull away and softly exhaled, not knowing I had been holding in my breath. Seconds later I felt my head being gently lifted before the soft pillow from the floor was shoved underneath, shortly after I felt my body being enveloped in warmth as he draped the blanket over my body.

My jaw clenched as I felt his hand gently my cheek, my heart beating loudly against my rib cage. Why was he doing this to me? Hadn't he done enough already? My jaw unclecnhed as I felt him withdraw, his soft footsteps moving away from me.

Upon hearing the soft closing of the door my eyes snapped open as I laid on my back, my right hand coming up to land on my chest. I could still feel the erratic beating of my heart, it hadn't worked this hard in 9 years. My left hand reached up to cup my cheek, to feel that it was still burning from his slight touch.

I know I shouldn't of let him touch me. I know I shouldn't have given in. I know I should've kicked his for coming into the room when I was sleeping. I should've... but I didn't. It was the least I could do for the little girl inside of me. The young girl inside of me who had craved for this sort of attention. The young girl inside of me who had her heartbroken.

~ End of Flashback ~

I couldn't let myself get any cloer to him than I already had. I had to stay far away from him, I couldn't let old emotions resurface. I had to protect myself.

== The next day ==

Dara's POV

"Ji! I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping for the cake ingredients today?" I asked excitedly, my phone pressed next to my ear.

"Sorry Dara. I'm busy today."

"Busy?" I repeated, I couldn't hide the dissappointment in my voice, "What are you busy with? The fair is in two days... we haven't even made any cakes yet."

"Just busy... I'll pick you up tomorrow hm? We'll go ingredient shopping in the morning then spend the whole day baking?"

"Can you really not come today?" I said meekly. What was wrong with me? Why was I acting so clingy? I could go one whole day without seeing Jiyong couldn't I?

"Sorry Dara, I wish I could but I can't. Not today."

I sighed heavily, "Okay then."

"I'll make it up to you tomorrow hmm? Stop pouting!" he teased, I heard some distinctive shuffling before the sounds of a door closing and the ignition of a car.

"I'm not pouting!" I denied as I my bottom lip into my mouth, "I guess i'll see you tomorrow then. It's bad to drive and use your phone!"

"Arasso, make sure you eat! See you tomorrow!"

Before I could even bid him goodbye Jiyong hung up on me. I pulled the phone away from my ear and gaped at it in shock. Tch! The rudeness! I tossed the phone onto the bed before making my way out of the room to find something to do on my unusally free Saturday.

Jiyong's POV

I sighed heavily as I threw my phone onto the passenger seat. If I didn't hang up now I would end up exiting the car and making my way into the apartment opposite to spend the day with Dara. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't. This was something I had to do.

After a short 30 minute drive I pulled up outside of the familiar yet unfamiliar bungalow, getting out and making my way round to the boot to grab a small bunch of roses.

I closed the boot and slowly made my way up to the door biting my lip in nervousness with the roses in hand. Sighing I finally gathered the courage to bring my hand up to the door.

/knock knock/

Withing seconds the door flung open.

"Omma."

Bom's POV

I had no intention to keep my promises to Seunghyun of staying out of his way, but for now I knew I had to give him some space.

"Seunghyun, I'll be back later. Don't wait up for me!" I called as I shrugged on my jacket and slipped on my shoes.

"Tch! Who said I would wait up for you?" he scoffed, "I don't care what you do or when you will be back. It would be better if you didn't come back at all."

"Okay, see you later! Make sur eyou eat!" I replied happily, ignoring his harsh words.

I kind of wanted to stay and try to get him to open up to me a bit more but I had something more important to attend to. Tonight would be my third baking class. Ever since I had decided to bake Seunghyun a cake I had enrolled in late baking classes to try and master the art. Unfortunately things weren't as easy as I thought, baking is hard I tell you! On my first lesson I almost burnt down the whole class kitchen if the teacher hadn't grabbed the fire extinghuisher in time. The second lesson went smoother with no fires but I still ended up with an unedible charcoaled cake. Hopefully third time lucky! I'm hoping to present him the cake on the day night of the fundrasier so I really needed to produce some sort of edible cake by tomorrow.

== The next day ==

Dara's POV

/Yes Sir, I'm one of a kind.../

I groaned as I felt around for my phone, grabbing it before rolling onto my back and pressing it to my ear.

"What?" I grumbled down the phone, my eyes still closed.

"Good morning to you too," Jiyong chuckled down the phone.

"Mdfgdstr," a chain of nonsensical words coming out of my mouth.

"Come on Dara wake up, we need to go ingredient shopping remember?"

"I don't wanna.." I whined down the phone as I rolled onto my side the phone sitting under my ear.

Jiyong chuckled lightly again, "Don't you want to win?"

"What I want is sleeeeeeep," I continued to whine.

"Come on, it's time to wake up,"

My eyes widened as I heard the familiar voice that definitely didn't come from my phone and i'm pretty certain phones don't breathe and have soft lips. I could feel his hot breath fanning over my ear, his lip brushing lightly against it. I abruptly hung up before rolling over to be greeted by a smirking Jiyong who was leaning over me.

"What are you doing here? In my room?"

"What do you think? To wake you up of course," he replied as he tried to pull the covers back.

"Nooo! Jiyong! It's cold and i'm sleepy! What time is it anyway?" I clutched onto the warm blanket holding it under my chin as I squinted through my sleepy eyes.

"9:30," Jiyong simply replied as I felt the bed dip under his weight as he sat on the edge.

"9:30?! What the hell Ji! We don't have to get the ingredients till well in to the afternoon!" I complained as I rolled away from him snuggling under the warmth of my blanket, "Go away and come back later."

I heard some shuffling and ruffling followed by the distinct sound of the door closing. Good. He's gone. Time to catch some more zzz's.

I frowned as I felt the bed dip but was on the verge of reaching dream world that I shoved the thought aside, that was until--

"EEEEEEKKK!" I shrieked as I felt the familiar strong pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull me back, "HOLY CRAP JIYONG! Why are you so cold?! Put some clothes on!"

"I don't need clothes when I have my own personal little heater right here," he mumbled as he rubbed my sides, his cold legs trapping my warm ones inbetween.

"Nooo! Jiyong! You're stealing my warmth! You thief! Go find your own!" I complained as I tried to pull his arms away whilst simultaneously kicking my legs in an attempt to free myself from him.

"So cruel, can't even spare me a little body heat?" Jiyong said pitifully as he rubbed his cold face against my shoulder, his legs clamping down on my legs effectively stopping them from causing some serious damage.

"Spare you a little?! You're absorbing the heat off of me!" I complained as I tried to elbow him.

"Ssshhh, so loud..." Jiyong mumbled as he flipped me around in his arms before grabbing my arms and placing them around his waist.

I tried to pull my hands away when I felt Jiyong's hands slither around my own waist, pulling me even closer to him, squishing my arms down so I couldn't move them.

"You're right... it's too early. Lets sleep for a while hmmm?" he muttered, his lips brushing against my forehead as he spoke.

I was about to complain when I realised I was just wasting precious sleeping time. Sighing I tightened my hold around Jiyong and snuggled closer. I may as well, it's not like he's going to let me go anytime soon.

========

"Ssantoki! Time to get up! You've slept well into the-- HOLY CRAP!"

I frowned at the loud noise as I snuggled closer to the warmth.

"Uh-- Er-- I hate to interrupt this... whatever it is... but it's past noon."

"We'll be up soon CL."

My eyes snapped open as my mind finally registered the two familiar voices. One of a very shocked bestfriend and the other being Jiyong. I pulled away from Jiyong, lifting my head up to see CL with wide eyes as she gaped at the two of us, her hand still on the door handle .

I blinked at her before my eyes trailed down to the half- Jiyong who I was in a very compromising situation with, before I looked back up to my shocked bestfriend.

"I-it's not what you think!" I blurted as I tried to pull away from Jiyong but he just followed me like a magnet, his head leaning on my chest.

"YAH! JIYONG! Just where are you putting your head?!" I screamed as I shoved his head away.

"So loud..." Jiyong complained as he changed direction and nuzzled into my neck instead.

"Uhh... yeah so you guys might want to get up. I'll just uh.. yeah go.." CL said as she left the room closing the door behind her.

"CL! It's not what you think!" I shouted at the closed door.

The door opened again, an amused CL popping her head back in, "What exactly is it that i'm thinking of?"

I flushed as I gaped at her, she didn't want me to say it did she?! "You know what i'm talking about!"

"Relaaaax Ssantoki! It's not like you haven't slept with Jiyong before."

"I HAVEN'T SLEPT WITH JIY--"

"In the same bed," she finished off wriggling her eyebrows up and down, "You have such a dirty mind with dirty thoughts Dara."

"UGH! Stupid bestfriend!" I shouted at the closed door.

"JIYONG! GET OFF ME!" I said in agitation as I tried to pull his arms off of me to no avail.

"Okay, Okay," Jiyong relented as he finally released his tight hold on me, rolling onto his back as he stared up into my annoyed face.

I glared down at him before making a move to clamber over him, I had one leg successfuly over when I felt him grab me around the waist pulling down so I was straddling his stomache.

"What now Jiyong?!" I said in annoyance as I tried to climb off of him.

"Why are you annoyed?"

"I'm not annoyed!"

"Yes you are. Why are you annoyed?"

"Just let go off me!"

"Not until you tell me why you're annoyed."

"Jiyong, don't piss me off! I will pull your hair!" I threatened as I made a move to grab his hair, but Jiyong shifted his head to the side.

"Come on, I don't want to spend the whole day with a grumpy rabbit, smile hmm?" he smiled up at me as his hands began to rub up and down on my waist in a comforting manner.

"Hmph!" I crossed my arms across my chest as I turned my head away from him.

"Don't make me Dara," he threatened lightly, his hands stilling on my waist.

"Make you do what?" I scoffed.

"Do THIS!" I squealed as I felt Jiyong roll us over so our positions were reversed with me lying on my back whilst he was straddling me instead.

"Tch. Is that the best you can do?" I rolled my eyes at him as I folded my arms across my chest, trying to ignore the fact that Jiyong was straddling me.

I watched as Jiyong's eyes narrowed dangerously, "You didn't let me finish."

"Finish wh--"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I burst out into laughter as Jiyong's hands began to attack my waist, "NOO! JIYONG STOP! PLEASE STOP!"

"Are you going to stop being grumpy?" he laughed with me as he continued his tickling assault on my waist as I shook my head left and right, my hair flying all over the place.

"YES! STOP IT! AHAHAHAHAAHAHAAH! JIYONG STOP! I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO WET MYSELF!" I squealed as I tried to grab his hands and take them away from my stomach which was suffering from a painful laughing fit.

Thankfully Jiyong heard my pleas as his hands stopped in their assault, resting gently on my waist, as if they belonged there, whilst I tried to catch my breathe from all the laughing.

I finally felt my breathing return back to normal as I looked up at Jiyong with a smile on my face. My smile faltered as I saw his intense look, "Ji, can you get off me please?"

As if he didn't hear me one of Jiyong's hands reached out to gently move my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear. I gulped nervously at the intense look he was giving me, my heart rate increasing exponentially. I began to panic as I watched him slowly lean down but couldn't find it in me to look away from him, his eyes flickering from my eyes down to my lips. I gulped as he drew closer and closer, my mind clouding any rational thoughts I had as my heart beat wildly in an attempt to escape my chest.

I felt my eyes involuntarily flutter close when I felt his hot breath fan my face when--

/Can't Nobody, Can't Nobody hold me down../

My eyes snapped open at the sound of my phone ringing, the harsh sound breaking through my clouded mind as my rational thoughts returned. My eyes widened as I realised how close Jiyong was to me, his lips millimeters away from my own, as his intense eyes searched my own.

"I-I-- I-t's Bom." I whispered meekly, trying my best not to move my lips too much in fear of brushing them against his, "Please could you get off me?" I continued nervously as I tried my best to not let my eyes flicker down to his soft looking lips.

I watched as his eyes cleared slightly, the intensity toned down as he sighed heavily, his hot breath tickling my face. He blinked, breaking the connection between our eyes before he swerved to the right, leaning down to plant a quick soft kiss on my cheek before pulling away and rolling off of me to lay beside me, his forearm coming up to rest over his eyes.

I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding as I looked over at him to see him breathing heavily. I sat up, still in a bit of a daze from what just occured as I grabbed my phone, holding it to my ear.

"Bom?" I asked, not realising how shaky my voice was.

"You okay Ssantoki?" Bom's worried voice floated through the phone.

"Yeah. What's up?" I replied as I tried my best to stabilise my voice.

"Right well I was wondering if I could come over later and help you and Jiyong bake the cakes for your stall? Then I can bake Seunghyun's too."

"Yeah sure, no problem. Ji and I are going to go get the ingredients in a bit, is there anything you specifically need?" I asked, somewhat relieved that Jiyong and I wouldn't be left alone too much today, especially after what had almost happened...

"Not really, just the normal stuff... OH! Actually get some icing pens if you can!"

"Arasso, I'll see you back here later then." I replied before hanging up.

I placed the phone back down on the bed as I bit my lip, taking another glance at Jiyong to see he was now staring at me.

"Erm... I'm going to get ready, then we'll go get the ingredients?" I asked questioningly as I tried to stand up on the bed, not realising my knees were slightly weak, causing me to fall ontop of Jiyong, his arms automatically wrapping around me to support me.

I quickly pushed away from him and willed my legs to stand up, before I clambered off the bed and left my room, scampering into the bathroom to get ready.

========

Jiyong and I were now sat in his car in awakward silence as he drove us towards the local supermarket. After I had gotten ready I had found Jiyong fully dressed and waiting for me in the living room, the only words spoken being "Let's go."

I bit my lip and glanced over at him, my eyes flickering to his lips before looking away. I was somewhat relieved that Bom had interrupted but there was a part of me, and I don't know how strong that part of me was that wished she'd called later. A part of me that wanted to know what would've happened if she hadn't interrupted. I felt my heart rate increase again as the vivid image of Jiyong leaning down towards me entered my mind. Would we have...?

"We're here Dara."

Jiyong's gentle voice broke through my deep thoughts as I looked up to see he had walked around the car already to open the door for me.

"Thanks," I said quietly as I scrambled out of the car, walking ahead of him into the supermarket, grabbing a trolley.

I was half way down the fruit aisle when I saw Jiyong's hands come down beside mine on the trolley bar, his chest brushing against my back as he sandwiched me between himself and the trolley. Normally I would've just shrugged the action off and continued, but after what had just happened, I felt uncomfortable being in such close proximity to him. It just didn't feel right. I released my hold on the trolley ducking under his arms to escape the little cage he had created.

"Ehehe... I'm just going to check out the strawberries..." I laughed nervously as I walked away from him in search for some much needed space away from him.

"I'm sure it doesn't take 10 whole minutes to look at strawberries," I jumped slightly, almost dropping the box of strawberries in my hand.

"Some were off..." I said lamely as I turned around and placed a box into the trolley, avoiding his eyes, "Lets go to the baking aisle."

I walked ahead of him and began to pick the important ingredients, placing them in the trolley besides the fruit Jiyong had picked for decorations.

"Flour... flour..." I muttered to myself as I looked around. I frowned as I noticed the particular flour that made cakes extra fluffy was on the highest shelf. I pursed my lips as I went on my tip toes, stretching up in an attempt to reach for it, my fingers coming up short by a few inches.

I was about to jump when I felt his hand hold onto my waist, his chest leaning onto my back as he easily reached up for the flour before handing it to me, "How many do we need?"

"Uh- Er- F-five." I stuttered, my face heating up at his touch. What the hell is wrong with you Dara? There have been countless times where Jiyong has held you, why are you suddenly acting this way? Why are you suddenly feeling all nervous for?

I quickly pulled away from him to place the flour into the trolley, breathing a sigh of relief at the distance I had managed to create from him.

"Is there anything else we need?" Jiyong asked, either oblivious or ignoring my odd behaviour as he placed the other packets of flour into the trolley before turning to look at me.

"Could you get some icing pens? Bom wants some," I asked, hoping he would go away for awhile, allowing me some space to breath, "If you see anything you think we need, just grab it."

He nodded before walking off. I felt my whole body relax as he disappeared from my sight. Seriously... what was happening to me? I had never felt this nervous around Jiyong before. Everytime he came near me I felt my heart rate escalate. Everytime he touched me he left behind a burning sensation. Why was this suddenly happening? Maybe I was catching a cold or something...

I was comparing some baking trays when I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and had to bite back a laugh, "Jiyong what is that?"

"A bag of onions," Jiyong replied like I was the stupidest person in the world as he placed the icing pens in the trolley followed by the ridiculously large bag of onions down.

I rolled my eyes at his tone of voice, "Of course I can see it's onions!"

"Then why'd you ask such a stupid question?"

"What are you doing with a bag of onions?" I rephrased my question.

"You said to get whatever I felt we may need," Jiyong shrugged.

"We're baking cakes Jiyong. When have you ever had onion flavoured cakes?" I said incredulously as I let out a small laugh.

"You never know!" Jiyong replied as a small smile broke out on his face.

I shook my head in amusement, "We're not buying that huge bag of onions, return it now."

"Fine fine, yeesh! You sound like such a bossy wife," Jiyong grumbled as he lifted the bag of onions up and strode off to return them.

"Wife?" I repeated to myself, the four letter word making my heart flutter.

== At the apartment ==

The awkward tension had disappeared after Jiyong's little onion stunt and I couldn't help but wonder if he was being serious or if he just wanted to try and remove the awkwardness of this morning.

"Ji... you weren't serious about the onion thing right?" I said with amusement as I tied my hair up, placng an apron over me.

"Of course not! I'm not that unknowledgeable on cakes," Jiyong said indignantly as he grabbed the other apron, "I just didn't like how quiet you were."

I nodded and decided it was best not to answer, "Bom said she'll be back later so we better start first."

I took out all the necessary equiptment before turning to Jiyong immediately bursting out into giggles, "You look so manly Jiyong." I teased.

Jiyong rolled his eyes before he glared down at the pink frilly apron he was wearing, "Well it takes a man who is confident in his masculinity to be able to wear something like this."

"I think you really suit it. You look so y," I laughed playfully as I grabbed my phone, "Pose for me!"

"I know i'm y," Jiyong replied confidently with a falsetto voice. I burst out into laughter as Jiyong began to pose for my camera, leaning on the wall beside him, one hand behind his head and the other on his popped out hip as he pouted.

"Sooo y," I laughed as I snapped a couple of shots.

"Okay, that's enough evidence you have against me, lets get started hmm?" Jiyong said as he pushed off of the wall.

I nodded as we began to make the batter for the little cupcakes first.

"Hey Ji, could you--"

*puff*

My jaw dropped as I reached up to touch my face glancing down at the flour that transferred onto my hand before looking up to see Jiyong grinning at me.

"You did not just--"

*puff*

"KWON JIYONG!" I screamed as I grabbed a handful of the flour and flung it at his grinning face.

Jiyong cocked an eyebrow at me, his eyes narrwoing dangerously as he wiped the flour off of his face, my eyes widening as I saw his hand reaching out for the entire flour packet.

"YAH! Jiyong! Don't do anything stupid! I was just paying you back! You started it!" I said as I backed away from him, flour still on my face.

"I sprinkled you, and you gave me a shower!" Jiyong accused as he backed me into a corner before digging his hand into the packet of flour.

"No! Jiyong! Don--"

I shrieked as I felt a shower of flour over my hair before his hand reached out to rub the flour into my face.

"YOU ARE SO ING DEAD KWON JIY--"

"What are you guys doing?"

Startled I turned towards the voice to see Bom looking at us in amusement.

"He started it!" I whined angrily as I pointed at Jiyong's floured face.

"Don't believe her noona, she started it!" Jiyong accused as he pointed back at me, as he pretended to look all pitiful.

Bom rolled her eyes as she walked into the kitchen, "I don't care who started it but i'm not cleaning up this mess." she reprimanded us like we were children.

I glared at Jiyong and pouted whilst he rolled his eys and stuck his tongue out at me.

"What are you guys 5? Come on, we need to start baking!" Bom reprimanded again.

I grumbled as I went to the sink to wash the flour out of my face, my hair being a lost cause. It looked like I had been in snow or suffered from a serious case of bad dandruff. Stupid Kwon Jiyong.

After cleaning myself and the kitchen up I began to work on the batter, trying my very best to ignore Jiyong as his punishment.

*poke*

I felt his finger poke my cheek and shuffled to the left as I continued to mix the batter.

*poke poke*

I sent him a warning glare as I placed the bowl down and grabbed a baking tray.

*poke poke poke*

"YAHHH KWON JI--"

I was silenced when I felt something being shoved in my mouth. I looked down in confusion to see a white stick protruding from my mouth.

I pulled it out of my mouth before looking at him in curiosity, "Lollipop?"

"I got it at the supermarket, it's strawberry flavoured. Your favourite," he explained, "I remember when we were younger that you always had lollipops to cheer you up when you were annoyed."

I never noticed that Jiyong took notice of alot of all these small details. The fact that he even realised that I loved to have lollipops to cheer myself up was pretty impressive already, but to remember my favourite was strawberry was something else.

"Thanks Ji," I smiled at him before popping it back into my mouth, turning away from him to get back to work.

== 5 hours later ==

"BOMMIE!" I shouted as I tried to waft the smoke away from the oven.

"I'm sorry! I forgot to check the time!" Bom panicked as she opened the oven, causing a huge amount of smoke to exit.

I coughed at the amount of smoke, squinting my eyes as I made my way over to the windows in the apartment, opening them wide.

"Er-- noona... I don't think you can give this to hyung," Jiyong said nervously as he placed down a burnt to a crisp cake on the kitchen table.

Thankfully Jiyong and I had already finished baking our cakes and we had stacks of them currently chilling in the fridge ready for tomorrow's fair. I had already taken a shower and we were just lazing around as we waited for Bom to finish so we could go and eat.

"Wow Bommie... are you trying to burn down the kitchen and kill Seunghyun?" I said as I walked up to the burnt cake, grabbing a spoon to tap it.

/Thud Thud/

I don't know about you, but i'm pretty sure cakes aren't supposed to sound that hard.

"Seriously Bommie, th--" I was about to make another remark when I felt Jiyong tap my arm, his eyes flickering over to the kitchen table. I glanced over to see Bom sitting quietly at the kitchen biting her lip on the verge of crying.

"Bommie? I was only joking.." I trailed of as I crouched down beside her. Crap! I shouldn't of said those harsh words.

"No you weren't Dara. It's the truth! I can't cook! I can't bake! I can't do this one simple thing!" Bom wailed as she began to cry.

I glanced over at Jiyong unsure of what to do, but Jiyong didn't seem like he knew either. I turned back to Bom as I began to rub her back comfortingly.

"I can't even bake him a simple cake Dara! What is wrong with me?! I can't even make him a cake to make up for missing all of his birthdays!" Bom continued to wail, "I'm so useless!"

"No Bommie! You're not useless at all!" I objected as I grabbed her hand, forcing her to look at me.

"Yes I am! Baking should be something natural to women!" she protested as the tears continued to fall, "I've been going to baking lessons and I still can't do it!"

"Look at me Bom! Yes you can do it! We'll make another one right now okay? I'll help you hmm? Just imagine the look on Seunghyun's face when you present him with something you made," I said encouragingly as I wipe away her tears.

Bom breathed in heavily before nodding, clumsily wiping her tears away with the back of her hands before standing up and making her way over to the kitchen counter.

"You can do it Bom. Do it for Seunghyun," I heard her mutter to herself as she grabbed the packet of flour and began to remake a new batter.

== 1 hour later ==

"See, you've done it!" I said as I tried not to grimace at the cake.

"'Done it' means I haven't burnt it to oblivion but this still isn't a cake!" Bom wailed as she prodded the slightly hard sponge, but it was a great improvement from the earlier one.

"Once you decorate it it won't look so bad!" I encouraged as I passed her the cream and icing pens, "It's the thought that counts and i'm sure Seunghyun will see how hard you've worked.

Bom nodded as she began to messily pipe the cream on. Cooking really wasn't her forte.

Before long Bom had finished decorating the cake masking the slightly overcooked sponge with messy cream and badly cut fruit.

"It looks ugly!" Bom whined as she glared down at the cake.

"No it doesn't!" I tried to reassure as I looked down at the wobbly written words in the middle.

"Yes it does!"

"Noona, it looks fine. I'm sure hyung will love it," Jiyong reassured as he looked down at the cake and smiled.

"How about we go out and grab something to eat?" I asked as I took off the apron.

"Did you guys say go out and eat?"

We all turned to see CL with two full bags of chinese takeaway food in her hands, "Lets just stay in." she suggested as she approached us, placing the bags down on the table, her eyes zoning in on the cake on the table.

"Who made this? It looks c--"

"Absolutely amazing!" I cut in as I elbowed her and flickered my eyes towards Bom.

"Yeah, it looks really tasty Bommie!" CL finished, as she nodded her head approvingly at the cake.

"No need to lie guys," Bom replied flatly as she began to dig in the takeaway bag, bringing out all the various trays.

"I'll see you tomorrow Dara," I heard Jiyong say as he made his way towards the door.

"Huh? You're going?" I asked as I walked up to him and grabbed his hand, "Aren't you going to eat?"

"Yeah, stay and eat Oppa. There's loads!" CL said as she took a seat next to Bom who was already scoffing down some food in anger.

"See? Come on," I said as I tugged him back towards the table, pushing him down into his seat as I took the seat beside his.

"Oh yeah! Jiyong Oppa and Bommie I have a hugeeee favour to ask you!" CL said as she glanced between Bom and Jiyong.

"What's up?" Jiyong asked as he chewed on his noodles.

"Could you two be my models for the fashion showcase for the fundraiser tomorrow?" She pleaded as she looked at the two of them, her hands clasped together in hope.

"Okay," Bom said breezily as she continued to inhale her food, slightly happier now that she had eaten.

"Sure, why not." Jiyong said as he shrugged.

"WHAT?!" I blurted as I looked at Jiyong in shock.

"Thank you sooo much guys! I'll treat you to a meal afterwards!" CL promised before continuing to eat.

"I don't see anything wrong with helping a friend out," Jiyong commented as he turned to look at me.

"B-but, people will be looking at you!" I exclaimed.

"And??" Jiyong questioned as he looked at me weirdly.

I don't know why but it just didn't sit well with me that people would be openly gawking at. Specifically girls. Oh my god! What about when he has to get changed in the dressing rooms! NOOOO! No one must see him half-!

"You'll have to get dressed in front of loads of guys!" I lied, hoping Jiyong was homophobic or something.

"So? That's just like when you go to a gym," Jiyong shrugged as he turned away from me before he stilled, turning back to look at me with a smirk.

"Are you jealous?" he asked, his smirk growing.

"WHAT?! NO!" I objected as I quickly turned towards my tray of food, "Why would I be jealous? There's nothing to be jealous of."

"Well I dunno. There maybe some female models there... I'll probably have to change in front of them, you know these fashion shows," Jiyong replied flippantly.

"WHAT!? NO! You can't do that!" I exploded as I turned to him and violently shook his shoulders.

"Why not?" Jiyong said innocently.

Damn it. I can't say I don't want him to change in front of girls. I'll come off as a possessive girlfriend when I wasn't his girlfriend and I had no claim over him. I pouted and released my hold on his shoulders, turning back towards my rice, stabbing it angrily with my fork, "Do whatever."

"Aigoo, is the rabbit jealous and angry?" Jiyong teased as he pinched my cheek.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't care what you do. Walk around half- if you really want," I grumbled before shoving some rice into my mouth, chewing harshly.

"Okay, i'll do just that," Jiyong said happily.

I glared at the chicken stabbing it mercilessly, "Fine." I murmed angrily.

"You want to try some noodles?" Jiyong asked as he placed some noodles near my mouth. I shoved it away from my face and shuffled my seat away from him.

"No."

I felt my chair being pulled back towards the annoying jerk before I felt myself being turned towards him, his hand lightly gripping my chin as he forced me to look at him.

"I was only joking Dara. Don't be angry hmm?" he said softly as he reached for the napkin, wiping the side of my mouth gently, "If there aren't rooms to get changed in, i'll run to the toilets to get changed okay?"

"Do whatever, I don't care," I replied uncaringly when inside I felt my heart bursting with happiness. I would still remain as the sole girl to have ever seen Jiyong half-!

"Aigoo, look at you pouting," Jiyong poked my lip in amusement.

"You guys have got to stop! I can't stomache my food!" I heard CL whine, "Don't need to be all moody Dara. Your precious Jiyong will be free from prying eyes, there are seperate changing rooms for guys and girls."

"Tch! My Jiyong? What are you talking about?!" I exclaimed as I slapped Jiyong's hands away to cover up the rapid beating of my heart at the sound of those two words, 'My Jiyong'.

I couldn't help but feel relieved after the new piece of information, "I'm not moody. I don't know what you guys are talking about."

"Whatever you say Dara," Jiyong teased as he shoved my forehead playfully before picking up the noodles again and placing it next to my mouth. This time I happily accepted.

== The next day ==

"Alright guys, the day of the fundraiser has arrived! I want you to try your hardest, and remember there is a prize for the highest earner!" Mr Sang spoke as he walked around the class, handing the pairs out assigned stall number.

We spent the morning and afternoon preparing our stalls and making our signs and pricing list and before long it was time for the fundraiser.

To Jiyong and I's utter surprise we were actually the only stall that sold cakes. We had expected there to be at least 5 different cake stalls, but nope! We were the only one! Sales were slow at first but eventually business picked up and there were floods of peckish people surrounding out small stall.

"Dara, CL's calling me.." Jiyong shouted over the loud chatter of customers from our stall and the ones beside ours.

I gave him a panicked look as I looked at all the customers, "It's okay Ji. Go."

"Are you sur--"

"I'll help Dara. Yoona and my stall isn't doing too well. I can help you until Jiyong comes back," I snapped my head back to see Jaejoong at the back entrance to the stall, smiling at me.

I nodded at him gratefully, "Yeah s--"

"Forget it. I'll send Seungri to go. I can't leave you here," Jiyong cut in as he sent a glare at Jaejoong, "It's fine you can go back to your own stall now."

"O-okay," Jaejoong stuttered as he closed the door and left.

"Ji! CL needs you! Just go!" I protested as I continued to serve all the grabby hands.

"No it's fine. I'll send a text to Seungri," Jiyong said with finality as he made his way over to help me serve the crazy customers.

Seungri's POV

I bit my lip in nervousness as I stood in my stall all the cooking utensils behind me and the pre-prepared ingredients laid neatly beside them. This would be the first time I cook for someone other than myself and the time I cooked for hyung, noona and Chaerin. Maybe i'm not ready for this yet. What if no one comes? What if someone spits my food out?!

I began to panic when--

"Excuse me, could you move aside a little so I can look at the menu?" a young woman spoke, startling me. I nodded nervously as I moved to the side when I felt my phone vibrate. I quickly pulled it out.

From: Jiyong Hyung

Sent: 16:27 (4:27PM)

Yah Rat! I need you to step in for me as CL's model. I can't make it, and she won't have a male model otherwise.

I frowned as I read the text. Jiyong couldn't make it and he was asking me to go instead?

"Excuse me, i'd like to have the tuna kimbap roll please," the woman from earlier spoke again, breaking me from my thoughts.

I glanced at her, then at my cooking station then back down to my phone. Do I stay here for my dream, or help CL with hers? I shook my head as I shoved the phone in my pocket, taking my apron off and throwing it onto the counter.

"Sorry, I have to go somewhere," I apologised as I ran out of the stall. The answer was simple, CL needed my help and I was going to be there to help her in anyway I could. She helped me realise it was important to follow your dreams, without her I wouldn't have even found my passion in cooking, I owed it to her to help her with her dreams since she helped me find mine.

Bom's POV

Since I had transferred after the fundraiser preparations had started everyone had already paired up so I had volunteered to help Youngbae since he was partner-less. We had decided to sell vintage records since we both had a passion for music.

"Yougbae-ah... I'll be back in a bit..." I called to him as I walked out of our stall with the cake in hand.

"Goodluck noona," I heard him encourage, I turned to give him a smile as I pumped my fists.

I carefully carried the cake in my hands as I began to wonder around the fair hoping to find Seunghyun. I knew he didn't have a stall and that he would be randomly wondering around. My eyes brightened as I spotted his recognisable turqouise hair among the crowd of people. I began to squeeze past the sea of people my hands carefully protecting the cake from damage.

I drew closer and closer to him and soon enough I was stood before him, the covered cake in my outstretched hand.

"Seunghyun, I--"

I shrieked as I felt myself being pushed, my eyes widening. 'No! I can't damage the cake!' I felt  myself falling towards the floor, my hands gripping onto the cake tightly as I let myself fall, it was either protect myself or the cake, and right now the cake was too important.

I winced as I felt my collide harshly with the floor but I pushed the pain away as I glanced at the cake, sighing in relief when I noticed it wasn't damaged.

"What the hell is wrong with you? What's so important that you let yourself fall like that?!" I heard Seunghyun reprimand me angrily. I blinked up at him before scrambling up to stand. I gulped nervously as I held the cake out again, holding it in one of my shaky hands as the other lifted the cloth of to reveal it.

I bit my lip and watched nervously as Seunghyn looked down at the cake, his eyes skimming over the words. I stood there in apprehension, this was the first time... My legs shook nervously as I scanned his face for some kind of emotion. Was he touched? Is that why he was so quiet? He was speechless?

"What is this?" he asked monotonously as he gestured to the cake.

"A-A cake. I spent all day making it yesterday. I-I just wanted to make up for all the birthdays I missed... especially the one where.. where.." I trailed off as I watched his eyes harden, his jaw clenching, "I wanted to tell you how much I--"

"You think a cake is going to make up for it?" he scoffed as he eyed the cake in a belittling manner, "It's a little too late. You can't make up for lost time."

I began to tremble under his cold gaze, my grip on the cake tightening as my eyes glazed over.

"Besides. Do you really think you can call that, whatever it is, a cake?" Seunghyun sneered at the cake before turning around and walking away. I watched as he walked away from me, hoping he would at least glance back once, but he didn't. He continued to walk away from me and soon he was lost in the sea of people. I felt my heart clenech painfully, my grip on the cake loosening as I felt the tears begin to fall.

I felt myself being shoved again and this time I let myself fall willingly, the cake slipping out of my hands but I made no attempt to cushion my fall, hoping the pain of falling would override the pain that was occuring in my heart.

CL's POV

Where the hell are they?! I was on the verge of pulling my hair out of my head. The show was starting in 15 minutes and Jiyong and Bom were no where to be seen! Oh god! What am I going to do?! It's going to be so embarassing when my name gets called out and no one walks out!

"CL, you're up soon. I hope your models are ready," the co-ordinator said before he sent out another pair of models.

My shoulders slumped as I leaned against the wall for support, sliding down on to the floor as I felt my eyes well up. I had worked so hard. So hard. For what? To fall at the last hurdle? I so badly wanted to show off my designs. I wanted to hear the applause and cheers that would of been derived from my very own hard work, and I could feel it all slipping away from me as the seconds passed.

"Chaerin-ah. You're not alone, i'm here," I looked up to see Seungri looking at me with a soflty, his hand stretched out.

I blinked up at him wondering if I was imagining him or not. Wasn't he supposed to at his stall?

"Come on, you're up soon. We wouldn't want to dissappoint would we?" I felt him grab my hands pulling me up. I stumbled slightly falling into his chest as I looked up at him in confusion.

"Huh?"

I heard him chuckle before he pulled away form me, grabbing my hand and leading me to the rail where my designs were, "Hurry! What do I need to wear? I am yours to command!"

"CL! You have 10 minutes before you're up!" the co-ordinator's voice broke through my trance.

I quickly shook my head, my thoughts clearing as I looked at Seungri.

"I know you can do it Chaerin and I'll be here every step of the way, just tell me what to do," he said softly before he stepped to the side and pushed me towards the rail of clothes.

I took a deep breathe as I felt my mind begin to catch up, I quickly grabbed the clothes and threw it at him, "Put these on! Quickly!"

"YES MADAM!" Seungri saluted as he ran into the dressing room to get changed.

I bit back a smile before it hit me that I was still without a female model. I glanced at the clothes I had designed for the female. An internal struggle began to take place inside of me. I became a fashion designer for a reason, so that I could show my true self and personality through my designs without the need of flaunting myself. Was I really prepared to allow people to gawk at me so openly? The self-conscious girl within me shivered in fear at the thought. I ran my hands over the fabric, could someone like me wear something as beautiful as this? Would I make it ugly? Would I ruin it?

"Youngbae texted me, Bom won't be able to come. You have to wear it Chaerin," Seungri's voice spoke from behind me. 

I shook my head as my younger self began to tremble, "I-I can't Seungri. I can't!"

I felt myself being twirled around, Seungri's hands on my shoulders as he looked directly into my eyes, "Yes you can Chaerin. You can. I know you can."

I shook my head in denial, "I-I can't! I'm not..I'm not.. I'm not pretty enough! I'll ruin the clothes!" I let my deepest fears escape.

Seungri's eyes turned gentle yet fierce, "Don't you ever say that. You are pretty. You are prettier that all the models here put together! You're the most beautiful woman I have ever met! Never belittle yourself! You will wear these clothes and you will blow these people away with your beauty and charisma. When people look at you, they won't be looking at the clothes but the beautiful woman wearing them. The beautful woman that will outshine all the models and all the clothes here. Do you understand?"

I felt the tears well up in my eyes at his words, I wanted to cry out that he was lying. To shout at the top of my lungs how much of a big liar he was, how I knew he didn't think I was beautiful, but as I searched his eyes I couldn't find anything but honesty. What was this? How could his views change so significantly? It was impossible. I was the same girl back then so why was he telling me differently now?

"Lee Chaerin. You can do it. Do you hear me? I'll be there with you every step of the way," his reassuring voice broke through my thoughts. I felt his lips lean down to kiss my forehead before he pulled away grabbing the clothes on the railings and dragging me towards the changing rooms, "You have 5 minutes Chaerin. Do yourself justice."

I stared at the clothes in my shaky hands as his words rang in my mind.

'You are pretty'

'You're the msot beautiful woman I have ever met'

'Do yourself Justice' 

'Do yourself Justice'

'Do yourself Justice'

I shook my head as a determined look came over my face. He was right about one thing at least. I would do myself justice! I quickly changed into the clothes, and was about to exit when I began to feel nervous again. Lee Chaerin. You can do this. You're strong. I let out a deep breath, smoothed the clothes down before exiting with my head held high.

I could hear all the whispers, making me want to run back into the changing room and lock myself back in when I felt a hand grab my elbow, steering me towards the co-ordinator, "It's almost time. Just hold onto me okay?"

I nodded my head as I reached up to grip his elbow nervously, I never thought i'd say this but his presence calmed me. I had never felt so dependent on someone before, but I really needed him right now.

"You look beautiful Lee Chaerin," I heard him whisper into my ear, an involuntary blush coloured my cheeks.

"Okay CL, you're out in 3...2...1 GO!"

"Remember to smile Chaerin," Seungri whispered as he began to walk, tugging me along with him.

I automatically shut my eyes in fear as we stood at the start of the catwalk, my legs shaking in the ridiculously high heels.

"Be confident, walk as if there is no one but you and I," he whispered again as he began to walk. I listened to his advice and blurred the people out as I felt confidence build up within me.

"That's it, strutt your stuff Chaerin," he whispered encouragingly.

As we reached the end of the catwalk I could no longer keep the beaming smile from my face. My heart beating with happiness at the sound of the applause and the whooping from the audience. Price swelled in my heart as we posed together before we made our way back.

Once we reached back stage I turned to Seungri and before I knew what I was doing I flung my arms around him, "Thank you Seungri. I did it. I finally did it."

I felt his arms wrap around my waist, "You did it! Don't thank me Chaerin, this was all you. I'm so proud of you."

Youngbae's POV

I wonder what's taking noona so long? I quickly exited the stall, it wasn't like there was anyone interested in vintage records anyway. I began to weave in and out of the sea of people as I began to call for Bom.

"BOM?"

I spotted turquoise hair up ahead and ran towards Seunghyun, "Hey hyung, where's Bom noona? Wasn't she with you?"

"I don't know and I don't care," Seunghyun said coldly, shrugging me off and walking away.

Oh god. Bom noona! I hastened my pace as I began to frantically call her. I don't think things went too well.

"BOM?"

"NOONA?"

I picked up the faint sound of cries as I sped up my pace, the cries getting louder and louder. My eyes softened as I saw Bom sitting pitifully on the floor, crying her heart out like a lost child.

"Noona?" I crouched down beside her and placed a comforting arm around her shoulder.

"Bae... he... he isn't ever going to forgive me is he?" she sobbed as she threw her arms around my neck, her head leaning on my shoulder as her tears soaked my shirt, "I wanted to tell him something I had held in for all these years..."

I sighed as I rubbed her back comfortingly, not knowing what to say. I couldn't give her false hope.

My eyes glanced to the fallen cake on the floor, the writing was smudged but I could still make out the words.

'Seunghyun, I love you.'


Author's Note:

Annyeong my wonderful subscribers! Sorry I couldn't update yesterday. To make it up here's a super duper long chapter. Took forever! I don't have time to read over it again, so apologises for any mistakes! The beginning is for mailenf4 who requested a flashback/CL POV of what happened in Seungri's room. Anyway the poll ended up being 50/50 with 38 votes on either side... so I'm going to try to find some sort of middle ground... Enjoyy! ^^  

~Water Phoenix