Chapter 51

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

== The next day at lunch ==

"Jiyong Oppa, Bommie," CL called.

"Hmm?" Jiyong hummed as he used his thumb to wipe the side of my lips.

"My real competition is tomorrow... I know you guys couldn't make it to the fundraiser to help out.. but you can come tomorrow right?" CL asked, almost pleadingly.

"Mianhe CL-roo... unnie is going to be busy tomorrow night..." Bom apologised, her eyes flickering to Seunghyun before turning to look at CL with apologetic eyes.

"What? Why?"

"I erm... need to prepare..." she trailed off, "For... ya know..."

CL's mouth formed a small 'O' as she nodded, "Oh.. okay.. How about you Jiyong?"

I turned to look at Jiyong who was sharing a look with Daesung, "Ji.. you can help out CL right?"

"Sorry CL. I don't think I can help out tomorrow either," he apologised.

I watched as CL's shoulders slumped, "R-really? Why?"

"I'm sorry, i'll be.. busy tomorrow," he said evasively, "I'll make it up to you another time?"

"No it's okay. I understand," CL murmured as she looked down at her plate.

"Why can't you help her Ji? What are you going to be busy with?" I asked with a hint of harshness in my voice. CL looked so disappointed, couldn't he make time to help her? I mean he did promise her!

Jiyong avoided my eyes as he started to play around with his food on the plate, "Just busy."

"Busy? 'Busy' doing what? Is it the same 'busy' as yesterday?" I spat in annoyance as I unwrapped his arms from around my waist and slid off of his lap to take my own seat.

Jiyong stayed silent, his eyes on his plate.

"What are you so 'busy' with that you can't tell me?!" I said in frustration.

"Dara..."

"No! Why can't you tell me? Are you hiding something from me?"

"It's nothing important--"

"Not important? If it's not important why can't you tell me?!"

"Noona, it really isn't--" Daesung tried to in.

"What? So Daesung knows but I don't?" I asked offended, "Don't you trust me?"

Jiyong grabbed my hands as he tried to get me to look at him, but I just turned my head away in anger, "Of course I trust you Dara. Please believe me. I... I will tell you... Eventually. I just.. I need to be sure..."

I turned to look into his pleading eyes, "Sure? Sure about what?"

"I'll tell you when I'm sure," he simply replied.

/bell rings/

"Ergh! Whatever!" I said in frustration as I snatched my hands back and stormed out of the cafeteria without him.

CL's POV

I watched as Jiyong ran after a pissed off Dara, sighing as I slowly got up from my seat.

"I'm really sorry I can't help out CL-roo. I really need the next few days to prepare for Seunghyun's meal.. I'm planning to lay everything out over dinner on Thursday night," Bom whispered into my ear before giving me an apologetic smile.

"It's okay Bommie, I understand," I gave her a weak reassuring smile, "Hwaiting!"

Bom smiled in appreciation before turning to the entrance of the cafeteria, "Yah! Seunghyun! Wait for me!"

I turned to look at Daesung and Youngbae, "I don't suppose you two could do it for me right?" I asked hoplessly.

"Sorry CL, I'll be busy with Jiyong tomorrow. Plus I don't fancy wearing girls clothes," he joked before giving me a small wave and exiting the cafeteria.

"Bae?" I asked, my hope now diminished.

"Why don't you ask Seungri? Didn't he fill in for the fundraiser? You and him did fine then, why don't you just do it again?" he asked instead.

My eyes shifted to the vacant seat beside mine. Seungri hadn't come to lunch today. I really wanted to ask where he was.. but I knew questions would be raised if I did.

"That rat? No thanks. I guess you'll be busy too huh?"

"Mmm.. Sorry CL. I really think you should try asking Seungri though." Youngbae suggested before he too left the cafeteria.

Seungri's POV

I had my eyes closed as I bit my lip. 'Please.. please...' I chanted in my head, the piece of folded paper in my hands vibrating due to my nervousness that was cauing my hands to shake uncontrollably.

I slowly unfolded the paper slightly before I lifted one of my eyelids slightly to take a peek.

'PASS'

"YESSS! YEAH! I PASSED! WOOOO!" I screamed out loud as I began to jump up and down like crazy, earning weird looks from people.

"Ahjussi! Can you see this?! I passed!" I waved the piece of paper in front of his eyes, as he looked at me blankly.

"Yeah, well done," he replied dryly as he got up to sit down on the other side of the test center.

"I can't believe it! I passed! I, Lee Seungri, have successfully passed my motorbike theory and practical!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Shhhh!" I turned my head to see the administrator giving me a dirty look, her finger to her lips as she shushed me.

"Mianhe," I apologised, bowing my head slightly before looking down at the piece of paper again, a grin on my face.

"Here comes the cool Seungri that you used to admire Chaerin..." I whispered to myself as I held the piece of paper to my chest, where my heart was beating rapidly.

I honestly couldn't believe it... four days... Four whole days of solid revision and crash courses and I had passed! First time! I had skipped classes today, in order to attend my practical and theory examination, and it was totally worth it.

/I need a girl.../

"Shhh!" the administrator shushed me again.

"Sorry!" I apologised again as I pulled my phone out, pressing it to my ear as I walked out of the test center.

"What's up Bae hyung?"

"Woaah.. why do you sound so happy? You on drugs or something?" he asked in surprise.

I rolled my eyes but my grin never left my face, "No hyung. I'm not on drugs. I'm just happy."

"O-kay then... Whatever. Where have you been all day?"

"No where in particular..." I trailed off evasively.

"Huh... what is it with everyone and being so evasive and secretive?" he complained.

"What do you mean everybody? I mean.. not that i'm being secretive or trying to hide something," I quickly denied.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. You're a really bad liar maknae."

"No i'm not!" I whined, "Who's being secretive? What did I miss?!" I tried to change the subject.

"Jiyong is. Maybe you learnt it from him, since he's your favourite hyung and all that," he grumbled.

"I love you too hyung!" I said soppily down the phone.

"Eww. Just no. Stop being such a kiss . I don't understand how Ji can even live with you!" he replied, grossed out.

"You know you love me too hyung!" I chuckled, "What do you mean hyung is being secretive?"

"Don't know, but he really should stop it. Dara noona is already beginning to get frustrated at him," he said worriedly.

"Hasn't he told you anything? He normally talks to you or Seunghyun hyung doesn't he?" I said frowning, my smile dropping slightly.

"No. That's the weird thing. I talked to Seunghyun and he doesn't know anything either. Daesung seems to know though."

"Daesung hyung? That is weird.." I trailed off as I stood in front of my bike.

"Anyway... that's not why I called you. Are you busy tomorrow?"

"Not that I know of, no. Why?" I asked in curiosity as I leaned against my bike.

"Well... CL..." he trailed off.

"Chaerin? What about Chaerin? Is she okay?! There's nothing wrong with her right?!" I began to panic as I stood up straight and began to pace.

"She's fine. Yeesh, calm down will you?"

I left out a sigh of relief, "Yah! Why did you scare me like that hyung?! Not funny!"

"I didn't do anything! It's not my fault you went and assumed something happened to your dear love."

I blinked rapidly as a blush coloured my cheeks, "I don't know what you're talking about." I muttered weakly.

"Yeah yeah, we all know lover boy. Anyway, CL is in need of a model tomorrow. Jiyong and Bom noona can't make it. You know CL is too proud to ask you, so you should approach her first."

"Hmm.. thanks for the tip off hyung. I'll catch you later," I ended the call slipping the phone into my pocket as I placed the helmet on my head, leaving the other helmet on the back - the one specifically reserved for a certain girl.

== 4 hours later ==

CL's POV

I bit my lip as I played with my phone in my hand. Should I call him? I hated to admit it... but I really missed him in the past couple of days. Ever since the night at the club... we haven't really talked. Had he really just given up on me?

I sighed as I cancelled the call before it could begin to ring. I had done this for the twentieth time now, as I debated whether I should just ask him to help me out tomorrow. I don't know if it was pride or fear of rejection that made me always cut the call before he could know I had called him.

/knock knock/

I dragged my feet towards the door, before opening it.

"Yah Santokki, have you sorted it out with Jiy-- Seungri?"

"Hey Chaerin," Seungri smiled brightly.

"Wh.. What are you doing here?" I stuttered slightly.

"Are you going to let me in?" he asked instead as he pushed past me to enter the apartment.

"What are you doing here?" I repeated.

"A little birdy told me that Jiyong hyung and Bom noona can't help you out tomorrow..." he trailed off.

"Yeah, and?" I said, trying to sound indifferent as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"I'm free tomorrow..."

"And? Good for you," I rolled my eyes at him.

"I mean.. if.. if you wanted. I could help you?" he suggested nervously as he diverted his eyes to the floor.

"Why would I--"

"I did well last time right? I promise I won't let you down! I'll do my very best!" he cut me off as he gave me a reassuring smile.

I opened my mouth to refute his suggestion but quickly closed it. A small part of me really wanted to say no, but an even bigger part of me wanted to just throw my arms around him and say yes, and tell him how much of a life saver he was. I would never tell him, but secretly I really did want his help. I had learnt that despite what people would think, if asked, Seungri would give his 150% to help someone, or was that just me?

"Well? How about it Chae?" he asked anxiously.

I exaggerated a very loud sigh as I rolled my eyes, "I guess I have no choice do I? I have no other alternative. Having you is better than nothing I guess."

I felt the need to shield my eyes from the blinding smile that Seungri gave me as he practically vibrated on the spot in happiness. Did it really make him that happy just to be able to help me?

"You won't reget it Chaerin! I promise to do my best!" he blabbered. I stepped back slightly in surprise as he walked up to me, his arms extended out in what looked like a hug.

I awkwardly coughed as I mustered my best glare, "Yeah yeah whatever. You better be on time tomorrow. 6PM sharp. Got it?"

"Yes madam!" he saluted me, stomping his foot like a soldier. I bit my lip as I tried to hold back a smile at his dorkiness.

Dara's POV

I kicked the floor in frustration, my hands in my pocket as I walked around town, having no real destination.

Jiyong had chased after me after I had stormed out of the cafeteria. He tried his best to placate me, tried to make me smile, but I wasn't having any of it. I just didn't understand why he was hiding something from me. Did I not mean enough to him? Did he not trust me? I mean.. I was no relationship expert but i'm sure that a relationship involves absolute trust in the other person and the ability to tell your significant other any problems or worries you had.

"Ergh!" I grunted in annoyance as I thought back to after class.

"Come on babe, don't be like this..." Jiyong pleaded as he tried to grab my hand as I stormed out of class with out.

"Don't call me babe! Don't be like this? How about you stop being like that!" I said as I shook his hand away from mine.

Jiyong sighed heavily as he stood in front of me, "Please Dara. How about we go on that date you were talking about yesterday hmm? I'll take you where ever you want?"

"No. I'm not in the mood. Besides, i'm sure you're too 'busy' to have time for me anyway," I huffed before walking past him, bumping shoulders with him.

"Stupid. Annoying. Jerkface." I muttered under my breath, earning odd looks from passers by.

I paused when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. 'Tch! Must be that jerkface' I thought to myself as I pressed the phone to my ear.

"What do you want? I don't want to take up your time, seeing as you're so busy these days," I spat down the phone.

"Erm.. unnie?"

I blinked as I pulled the phone away from my face in shock, before pressing it against my ear again, "Hey Mingkki, mianhe, I thought you were someone else."

"Someone else? Jiyong Oppa?" she giggled down the receiver.

"Ergh! Don't mention that jerk's name. He's pissing me off," I muttered in annoyance.

"What did oppa do? You do sound pretty pissed..."

"He's just.. ergh, you know what nevermind. What's up?"

"Oh! I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over to mine for a movie night tonight?!" she asked excitedly down the phone.

"Sure, why not." I started as I turned around and made my way back to the apartments, "Wait... what do you mean by 'you guys'? You mean just us girls right? I think I need some space away from Jiyong, or i'm going to end up punching him in the face."

"So violent unnie, I think you've been spending too much time with CL."

"What can I say? I learn from the best. Well? Just us girls. Right?" I reiterated.

"Mm.. Whatever floats your boat unnie. I'll see you in about an hour? Annyeong!"

What is it with people constantly hanging up on me before I can say goodbye? Where are people's phone manners these days?! I grumbled as I shoved my phone in to my pocket. A girl's movies night? That sounded like something I could really do with.

Minzy's POV

"Pffft! Girl's night my ." I rolled my eyes as I scrolled through my phone.

"What did she say?" Daesung asked his eyes still on the TV.

"She sounded pissed. I think her and Jiyong Oppa had a fight or something."

"Oh.. yeah," Daesung began to shift around awkwardly.

"What's up with you?" I asked suspiciously.

"Nothing, just trying to get comfortable," he sent me a bright smile before turning back to the TV.

I shook my head before sending out a mass text to Bom, CL, Seunghyun and Seungri before pressing the phone to my ear.

"Yah Jiyong Oppa! What did you do to make Dara unnie so mad?" I asked.

"Is she still pissed at me?" he asked sadly down the phone.

"Yeah, pretty much. Kind of sounds like she wants to punch you in the face," I replied nonchalantly.

"What?! What makes you think that?!" he said incredulously.

"Oh.. because she said if she saw you tonight she might just punch you in the face..."

I heard him sigh heavily down the phone.

"Anyway Oppa, come over to mine tonight for a movie night with the gang arasso?"

"You just told me my girlfriend is going to punch me in the face if she sees me, and then you go and invite me over?!" he asked his voice raised a couple of octaves.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Don't be such a wuss Oppa. You know Dara unnie couldn't hurt a fly, let alone you!"

"You clearly don't know your unnie very well.." he muttered under his breath.

"I don't care. You're coming tonight okay? Make up with her, do whatever it takes, she sounded really upset," I said seriously.

"Yeah I know... Don't worry, i'll be there."

"Okay! See you in an hour then!"

"Do you know what happened between Oppa and Unnie anyway?" I asked Daesung as I scrolled down my contact list.

"Erm.. N-no. Not really..."

I gave him another suspicious look as he kept his eyes trained to the TV.

"Not really? Why did you stutter then? I hope you're not keeping something from me!" I pouted as I sat down beside him.

"I'm not-- Aish... quit pouting at me..." Daesung looked away as I jutted my bottom lip out further, "It's not going to work."

"Oppaaaa! If you know what's up.. just tell me! Maybe I can help!" I whined tugging at his arm.

"I can't tell you Minzy-ah. Even if I wanted to. It's Jiyong's secret to tell. Besides, it never ends out well when you meddle," he said as he rolled his eyes at me.

"Fine fine! Just tell me this isn't going to hurt unnie in anyway right?"

"What?! Of course it won't hurt her at all! Jiyong wouldn't dream of doing that!" Daesung exclaimed in shock, his eyes wide.

"Hmm.. okay then," I gave him a peck on his cheek before I continued to scroll down my phone before pressing it to my ear once again.

"Bae Oppa! Movie night tonight at mine! Got it?" I commanded down the phone.

"Well it's not like i've got anything else better to do. Forever alone me..." he joked.

"Don't be so dramatic Oppa. You'll find someone soon. Maybe faster than you think.." I replied mysteriously, "See you in an hour! Annyeong!"

"You know, i'm just going to repeat what I said. It never ends up well when you meddle," Daesung said as he eyed me warily as I scrolled through my phone again.

"Oppa! Why do you have such little faith in me?!" I whined at him.

"I'm just saying!" he said as he held his hand up in surrender, "Bae isn't going to like it."

"Bae Oppa doesn't know what he likes and doesn't like," I rolled my eyes as I placed the phone next to my ear for the last time.

"Hey! Remember to come over to mine for that movie night I was talking about neh?"

Dara's POV

/knock knock/

I waited patiently outisde Minzy's house whilst holding a bag of snacks I had bought on the way over.

"Unnie!" Minzy greeted me with a hug before pulling me into the house, closing the door behind me.

"Have the other girls arrived yet? I didn't go back to the apartment earlier," I said as I took my shoes off before making my way into the living room.

"Yeah about that--"

I turned around to glare at Minzy, "You said it was just going to be us girls!"

"Technically... technically I didn't! I said 'whatever floats your boat' I never said it would just be us girls!" she said innocently as she flashed me a smile.

"Oh come on noona... it'll be fun! We haven't properly hung out together since Bom noona has come back!" Daesung said from his position on the sofa.

"Hmph!" I harrumphed. I was still annoyed with Daesung. I mean, it was so unfair that Daesung knew but I didn't.

"Ssantokki don't be like that... lets just enjoy tonight hmm?" CL piped in as she shuffled up the sofa in an attempt to sit further away from Seungri who just frowned and shuffled closer to her.

"Yeah Dara, don't be such a spoil sport," Bom piped in, not bothering to turn and look at me as she slyly moved closer to Seunghyun.

I scanned the living room and it didn't escape my notice that Jiyong wasn't here, or rather wasn't here yet. I don't think I could stand being in the same room as him tonight. I needed time to cool down, "You guys have fun."

I turned to leave when my eyes met with with a familiar set of eyes by the doorwayI quickly diverted my eyes as I went to put my shoes on.

"Dara..."

I ignored him as I stood up and made my way towards the door, when I felt him grab my hand.

"Dara, don't be like this..." he pleaded, "Please? Lets just go in there and enjoy the night hmm?"

"How can I enjoy myself when I know you're keeping something from me?" I shot back as I shook his hand off of me.

/knock knock/

Minzy gave us an awkward smile as she shuffled past us and the tense bubble that surrounded us. I followed her, wanting to leave as soon as possible.

"Yuri!" Minzy greeted a pretty girl who i'd never seen before, bringing her into a hug.

"Annyeong Minz-- Oppa? Jiyong Oppa?" My eyes widened as the girl let go of Minzy and ran past me, flinging her arms around Jiyong.

"Oppa!" she squealed as she tightened her hold on Jiyong, who looked stunned. My jaw dropped as I watched Jiyong's face break out into a smile, his hands coming up to return her hug.

Jealously coursed through my entire body. What was this? Who was this girl? Why was Jiyong hugging her? I felt my heart beat painfully as I watched the scene unfold before me. Jiyong holding another girl in his arms, smiling no less, as if I weren't there.

"I see this is what you've been busy with." I spat angrily, giving him the best glare I could muster as I tried to hold back my tears.

"I hate you." I muttered before turning to leave.

"Wait! Dara! No! It's not what it looks like!"

I stormed out of the house as I brought my hand up to my face as I brushed away the few drops of tears that had managed to escape. Tears of anger and betrayal. Was this what he was doing? When he was 'busy' he was just out with other girls? Whilst I worried over him, worried that he was going through some sort of problems? Tch! It was clear he was getting his comfort from somewhere else.

"Dara! Wait!" I felt his hand grab my arm stopping me in my tracks, only this time his touch didn't comfort me.

"Let go of me," I muttered darkly as I tried to pull his hand away.

"No! Not until you listen to me! Look, Yuri is--"

"Is that her name huh? Yuri? Well I wish the both of you all the happiness in the world. Now would you please leave me alone?" I said as I shook my hand, but he just tightened his grip. I don't know if i was jealousy, or my frustrations that he was hiding something frome me, or both that caused a large wave of different emotions to wash over me.

"Dara, you don't understand she--"

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND?!" I finally exploded as I turned to look at him, jabbing him in the chest, "Whose fault is that? Of course I don't understand! I don't understand because you won't ing tell me anything! You say you trust me, say you love me, but you obviously don't! If you did then we wouldn't have this predicament! Why do you keep hiding things from me?!"

I was breathing heavily from anger as I let everything out, glaring up at him, "It hurts Jiyong. It hurts that you're hiding things from me. I've told you, I hate it when I don't feel important enough, when I feel insignificant to someone. It hurts even more when the person that makes me feel this way is you."

I felt the tears begin to fall as I closed my eyes, slumping my shoulders before turning to walk away. I had taken just one step when I felt Jiyong's strong arms wrap around my body in a back hug.

"I'm sorry Dara. I'm really sorry," he apologised, his voice breaking slightly, "I never intended for you to feel that way, please believe me."

"You didn't intend to, but you did Jiyong. I'm tired..."

"Please don't leave me Dara. You promised. You promised you would never leave me," he begged as his grip tightened around my body, "I'm really sorry, please... I promise i'll tell you. I really will, soon. I'll tell you soon."

"I don't know Jiyong.."

Jiyong turned me around as he leaned his forehead on mine, my lips parted slightly in shock as I stared into his watery, scared eyes.

"You mean so much to me Dara. If you leave me.. I don't know how I will live. I need you."

I could hear the desperation in his voice, his grip tightening around me, almost squeezing the life out of me.

"I love you Dara, don't leave me.. please.." he pleaded again.

I sighed heavily before bringing my arms up to hug him back, "I love you too Jiyong. I won't leave you."

I heard him sigh in relief as he buried his head into the side of neck. I hated this. I hated this feeling. I loved him too much to let him go, especially when he looked at me like that, like I was his whole world, like if I left him he would just crumble, but I couldn't stand how he was keeping things from me.

"I really am sorry Dara," he whispered his lips brushing against my neck.

"I know. Just promise me, until you can tell me... just make sure you keep your phone with you, okay? You don't understand how much I worry when I can't contact you," I mumbled into his chest. I really did want to know, but it was clear Jiyong wasn't going to tell me. I guess I would just have to accept that he wasn't going to tell me yet, not until he was 'sure' or whatever it is.

"Okay, I promise."

"Erm..." I pulled away from Jiyong to see the pretty girl form earlier standing there awkwardly.

"I'm really sorry if I caused any misunderstandings," she started off as she smiled kindly at me,  before holding her hand out "Let me introduce myself. I'm Kwon Yuri, i'm Jiyong Oppa's cousin."

========

"NO! Don't sit there Yuri! Sit there!"

Minzy pulled Yuri away before she could sit beside Jiyong and pushed her towards Youngbae causing her to stumble and sit on his lap. She immediately blushed and stood up, coughing awkwardly.

"M-mianhe.." she apologised before sitting beside him, leaving a good space inbetween them.

"It's okay," Youngbae replied giving her his famous smile.

"I didn't know there were going to be other people..." Yuri trailed off as she looked around the room nervously.

"Sorry, minor detail that I forgot," Minzy said nonchalantly as she took her seat beside Daesung who wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Erm.. introductions maybe?" Bom cut in as she gave Yuri the stink eye. Probably because she had pulled Seunghyun in for a hug earlier, much like she did with Jiyong.

Yuri stood up to give us all a 90 degree bow, "Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Kwon Yuri, Jiyong Oppa's cousin and friend of Minzy."

"Cousins?" Bom repeated in shock as she looked from Jiyong to Yuri, "How come we never saw you when we were younger then?" she said skeptically.

"I haven't seen Oppa's in years, ever since they moved I think i've only seen them once?" she said looking as if she were in deep thought.

"Yeah, I remember when you use to follow Jiyong, Dami and I around all the time," Seunghyun piped in letting out a little chuckle.

I watched Bom continue to eye Yuri as if she were a threat before turning her head away with a short 'hmph'.

"Well you obviously know Jiyong and Seunghyun Oppa..." Minzy started before she started to introduce the rest of us, "That's Bom, Seungri, CL, Daesung, Dara and last but certainly not least... Youngbae. I'm sure you two will get along very well." she finished off, raising her eyesbrows up and down suggestively.

Yuri coughed awkwardly again, shifting slightly further away from Youngbae before turning to give me a small smile, "Jiyong Oppa really knows how to pick them."

I blushed as I looked up at Jiyong who grinned down at me, "I certainly do."

"I'm really sorry again for earlier on," she apologised as she dipped her head slightly.

"Oh, don't be sorry. We were having some erm... problems.. anyway," I assured her as I squeezed Jiyong's hand.

"Yeah, I can't help it that she's a jealous one," Jiyong teased as he shifted to the left to avoid my punch.

"I wasn't jealous!" I denied pouting.

Jiyong smiled as he leaned down to peck my lips, "Yes you were."

"No I wasn't!"

"Arasso, my baby wasn't jealous," he conceeded as he pulled me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist as he kissed the side of my cheek.

"Ergh! Please! Stop already!" Youngbae groaned as he shielded his eyes, "Lets get on with the movie shall we? And please.. nothing romantic, I get enough of that everyday."

========

Minzy's POV

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

I giggled as I watched Yuri hide her face into Youngbae's arm, clinging on for dear life.

"The girl just got her head sawed off! Why are you laughing?!" Daesung whispered incredulously to me as if I were crazy.

"Can't you see?! They're getting along so well!" I whispered back excitedly, my eyes trained on Yuri and Youngbae. My eyes lit up as I saw Youngbae look down at the quivering Yuri before cautiously placing his arm around her, her arm reassuringly.

"Watch the movie! Not them! You look like a stalker right now!" Daesung hissed.

"You said that my meddling never gets anywhere, but look! I think i've done quite well!" I praised myself as I continued to watch them.

Seungri's POV

I glanced over at CL to see her peeking behind a pillow in fright.

"Scared?" I whispered in her ear causing her to jump. She turned to glare at me as she whacked me over the head with the pillow.

"Don't do that!" she hissed.

"Sorry sorry!" I apologised holding my hands up in surrender.

"AHH!" she let out a shrill shriek throwing the pillow across the room as she closed her eyes, at the gory image on the screen.

She opened one of her eyes, and upon deciding it was safe she opened the other, "" she muttered as she eyed the pillow on the other side of the room.

I shuffled closer to her, our legs brushing against each other as I shoved my arm in front of her face, "Here."

She immediatly scrunched up her face as she shuffled away, pushing my arm away from her face, "Eww. No thanks. Your scrawny arms can't protect me from anything."

"Oh, and a pillow will?!" I replied offended, before shoving my arm at her again, "Just use it!"

"No thank-- AHH!" she screamed as her eyes met the TV again, jumping back in fright, her back connecting to the side of my body, as she hyperventilated.

"S-sorry," she stuttered as she made a move to pull away from me. 'This is the perfect opportunity Seungri! Do it!'

I slid my arm around her waist pulling her back to my side.

"W-what are you doing?" she asked as she turned to look at me, her hand coming down onto my arm as she tried to pull away.

"Protecting you," I replied simply as I tightened my hold, slapping her hand away.

"I don't need protecting!" she protested as she started to wriggle.

"Yes you do. Even if you don't need it, I want to."

I felt her still in my arms as she took in my words, "I-I don't want you to.." she mumbled but her actions told me otherwise as I finally felt her relax under my hold, leaning ever so gently against my side.

"Ewww..." she squealed as she turned her head towards me, closing her eyes. I smiled down at the top of her head before reaching over with my free hand to grab my jacket that I had strewn over the arm of the sofa, gently placing it over her.

"T-thanks," she muttered as she lifted the jacket up so it came just under her eyes.

Bom's POV

'Please be over soon. Please be over soon.' I chanted in my head my eyes clenched shut tightly as  I continued to hear agonised screams from the TV. As the screams died down I slowly opened one of my eyes, allowing it to roam away from the TV and around the living room. 

I let out a little sigh as I watched the other couples. Dara was happily sat on Jiyong's lap, her head nuzzled into his chest, not even bothering to watch the movie. Seungri had pulled CL into a side hug, who was using his jacket as a shield. Daesung was whispering reassuring words to Minzy who was clinging to his arm. Even Youngbae was having skinship with Yuri and they had only met 2 hours ago!

I looked over at Seunghyun wistfully who was sitting beside me, his arms crossed over his chest with a passive face as if the horror movie didn't bother him at all. I pouted as I returned to watching the movie.

I whimpered, my eyes slamming shut again as I gripped the sofa. I felt the sofa beside me shift slightly before I felt a heavy arm being thrown around my shoulder, pulling me down into a rock hard chest.

I blinked in surprise as I stared at the arm around my shoulders before allowing my eyes to trail upwards until they met the blank face of Seunghyun who was still staring at the TV screen.

"I know i'm much more interesting than this crappy movie but please stop staring at me like that," he whispered as he spared me a short glance, a small smirk on his lips.

I beamed up at him before resting my head and hand against his chest, closing my eyes in contentment as I listened to the slightly raised beating of his heart. Thursday really couldn't come any faster...

Jiyong's POV

"You really aren't planning to watch the movie are you?" I asked her in amusement as Dara immediately nuzzled into my chest, sniffing slightly.

I let out a short laugh as I felt her shake her head, pulling her closer to me. I rested my cheek on the top of her head as I stared at the TV, deep in thought.

You don't understand how unbelieveably scared I felt when I thought Dara was going to leave me. I was so close to breaking down. I had never felt so.. so petrified in my whole life. Never would I have thought that I would be so dependendent upon her. I had grown to take care of myself, I didn't used to need anyone, but now... I couldn't live without her. I couldn't lose her. I needed her in my life.

I kissed the top of her head, tightening my hold around her as the image of her tear-stained face flashed in my mind. I knew she was getting frustrated with me but I was glad that she was so understanding. But for how long? How long would she be understanding for before she would feel this way all over again?

I'm really sorry Dara. I really didn't intend for you to be hurt like this, or to worry over me. This is just something I have to do for myself, for my future... our future. I have to be sure before I tell you. I have to be sure that this is what I really want.


Author's Note:

Annyeong my awesome readers! First off, sorry if you guys got a false 'update' status yesterday! I tried to update last night, then something went wrong with the site.. it updated but only a tiny section of the beginning! It wiped out the rest of the chapter! No joke, I had a mini panic attack, I thought I had lost it all but luckily I had copied over the majority of it over to word. For safety I decided to update it and re-type the rest today instead of last night in case the site went funny again. Hence why the font and spacing is weird on this chapter...

Anyways, sorry for this slightly boring chapter I hope you guys aren't feeling too frustrated about Jiyong and his secretive-ness >___< On another note, a new character! Kwon Yuri! Can't leave Youngbae all alone can we? Enjoyy! ^^

~Water Phoenix