Chapter 30

Eyes, the window to the soul

Dara's POV

I looked at Jiyong in curiosity as I put my seatbelt on. He quietly started the car and shifted it into drive, taking us back to the apartments. I continued to stare at him with confusion, 'What did Appa talk to him about?'

"I know i'm good looking Dara, no need to stare. You're going to end up burning a hole right through my skull at this rate," Jiyong said playfully, as he glanced at me before looking at the road again, "If you want, you can take a picture, it lasts longer."

"Tch!" I scoffed as I looked away from him, crossing my arms across my chest, "Don't flatter yourself. I'm just curious... what did you and Appa talk about?"

I saw his grip tighten on the steering wheel slightly, before it loosened.

"Nothing much, just this and that," he said evasively.

"This and that? Such as...?" I probed. 'Why do I feel like he's hiding something from me?'

"Just catching up." he said, the tone of his voice indicating he wouldn't say anything further on the topic.

"I know you're hiding something from me," I said, calling him out.

"I'm not hiding anything from you. We didn't talk about anything important. Nothing to concern yourself with," he replied calmly, as he glanced at me to give me a reassuring smile, but I didn't feel reassured at all.

"Okay, if you say so," I conceeded. 'Whatever it is you're hiding from me Jiyong... I'll figure it out.'

We didn't talk for the remainder of the drive back. I was too occupied with trying to figure out what it was that Jiyong was hiding from me.

"Dara, we're here now," Jiyong called for me.

"Huh?" I said, shaking my head slightly. I looked out of the window to see that we had in fact arrived, "Oh okay."

"What were you thinking about so deeply?" he inquired in curiosity.

"Nothing that you need to concern yourself with," I repeated the words he'd told me earlier, causing Jiyong to roll his eyes at me.

I got out of the car and waited for Jiyong to come out, what should I say? Should I just say bye? Should I thank him for coming?

"Uh... Well, thanks for coming home with me. Omma and Appa were really happy to see you..." I trailed of, peering up at him through my lashes.

"You don't have to thank me. I should've visited them earlier to be honest," Jiyong said, looking down at me, "It was nice, reminded me of the old times. I'd forgotten what it felt like to ha--" he abruptly cut his sentence off, shaking his head.

I creased my eyebrows, "You'd forgotten what it felt like to what?" I probed.

"Nothing, I don't really know what I'm saying, I'm kind of tired..." he explained as he rubbed his face with his hands, a sign of fatigue.

I looked down guiltily, kicking the floor, "Sorry Ji. I know you must've had a really bad nights sleep..."

I felt his finger under my chin, lifting my head up to meet his soft eyes, "Don't be sorry. Never be sorry Dara. Bom noona was right, I had one of the best nights sleep in a long time."

I blushed from his words and his heavy gaze, but couldn't find it in me to look away from his eyes.

"If anything... I should be sorry..." his eyes shifted to my neck as he let go of my chin, his hand pulling down the collar of my t-shirt slightly to expose my neck. He stared at the mark, a mixture of emotions flitting through his eyes. He slowly brushed it with the tips of his fingers before sighing heavily.

"I-it's seriously okay Jiyong. I thought we said we'd call it quits?" I said as my eyes flickered down to the extremely large and obvious bite on his neck, "I bit you, so it was..uh.. only fair.." I trailed off.

"No Dara. I'm really sorry. It was a mistake. I never should've done it," he said, his voice full of regret, his thumb brushing over the mark again.

I froze slightly at his words. W-why did it hurt so much to hear him say that he shouldn't have done it? To hear it was just a mistake? W-was there something wrong with me? Was it such a mistake that he had done something so intimate with someone like me?

I stepped back slightly, not being able to stop the hurt reaching my eyes, "Y-yeah. It was just a mistake..." I trailed off slightly, my eyes darting to the floor. 'Why does this hurt so much? It was just a mistake... so why?'

"Dara... I--"

"I'm tired Ji, i'll see you tomorrow okay?" I said quickly, my head still bowed. I turned away from him and hurried into the apartment, not waiting for his reply.

========

/door slams/

"Ssantoki! You're back! You could've at least texted me yesterday to tell me you weren't coming home! I had to text Bommie to find out if--"

"I'm tired Chae. Sorry I didn't text. I'll talk to you later, I just want to take a nap," I said, cutting her off, walking past her surprised face as I made my way to my room, closing the door behind me.

I immediately shut my curtains, knowing that Jiyong would come to his room soon after me. I couldn't face him right now. I welcomed the darkness that the drawn curtains provided as I dragged my feet towards my bed, throwing myself onto my bed, head first into my pillow.

'It was a mistake'

I crawled under the covers burying my face into my pillow, closing my eyes tightly.

'It was a mistake'

I allowed my exhaustion to take over, his words still ringing in my ears.

'It was a mistake'

CL's POV

I stayed rooted in my position in shock and confusion. After the picture text Bom had sent me, I figured Dara would be quite happy... that was definitely not what I was expecting.

/door closes/

I blinked and snapped my head belatedly in the direction of Dara's door. 'What's up with her? Why did she look so... upset?' I crept up to her door and gently pressed my ear against it. I stood there for a good 5 minutes, listening carefully.

Silence.

I gently placed my hand on the door handle pushing it down and cracking the door open to see the room was shrouded in darkness, her curtains drawn. I slipped into the room and closed the door behind me. I squinted my eyes, 'I think she's asleep.. maybe she really was tired'.

I was about to turn back around and leave when I heard her whimper slightly. I swivelled back around and crept towards her bed, turning on her bedside light. Fortunately, unlike me, Dara wasn't as sensitive to sound or movement. Then again, it's not so fortunate if a murderer were to enter and try to kill her. This girl would have no hope, she was a pretty deep sleeper.

She was sleeping on her left side, her left hand tucked underneath her pillow, whilst her right was ontop of the pillow, sandwiched between the pillow and the left side of her face. I heard her whimper again, her eyebrows creasing together in a deep frown. I gently sat at the edge of the bed as I watched her.

"J..ong.." she mumbled. 'Huh? What did she say?'

"Mis..ke..." she whimpered again. What was she dreaming of that was making her so upset? I brought my hand up to smooth her frown out, before brushing her left cheek softly. I paused as I brought my hand up to my eyes to stare at it in wonder.

'Moist?'

I glanced at my hand again before getting up from the bed to crouch down so I could see her face clearly. I softly gasped when I saw the single tear that had escaped from her eye, trailing down her face. I gently brushed the lone tear away from her face before brushing her hair away.

'Whatever made you this upset Ssantoki... I'll fix it for you. Don't worry, Chaerin is always here for you.'

========

Dara's POV

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Huh?

"Poor Seungri! Hahahahaha!"

I lifted my head up slightly, my eyes squinting in the darkness.

"You need to cut him some slack CL!"

Bommie? What is she doing here? Am I still at home? I thought I came back to the apartment? I remember Jiyong dropping me of and then... then...

"Shhhh! You'll wake up Dara!"

"The girl needs to wake up now anyway. I'm hungry. I want my dinner and I don't want to wait centuries for her to wake up!" I heard some shuffling before my door was flung open, the light from the living room streaming through and practically blinding me.

I groaned and rolled over, shoving my face into the pillow. Ahh... darkness.

"Dara, get your up now." Bom said, flicking on the switch, lighting the dark room.

"I'm tired Bommie..." I whined.

"Well i'm hungry. Hunger comes before tiredness. Therefore, get your out of bed." she commanded.

"Go away..." I mumbled into my pillow.

Silence.

'Wow.. i'm really surprised she actually--'

"GET YOUR SKINNY UP! RIGHT... NOW!" I heard Bom scream as she grabbed my blanket and gave one strong tug, pulling it away from me and tossing it onto the floor. Damn. Spoke too soon.

"Bommieeee..." I whined.

"Don't you 'Bommie me!' Get up now. Unless you want to face my wrath." she threatened. Her voice could cut through ice I tell you.

"Fine! Yeesh!" I flipped over to see her with her hands on her hips glaring down at me whilst CL was standing at the door giggling, with Minzy's chin on her shoulder.

"What time is it?" I mumbled as I sat up rubbing my head.

"Time for food!" Bom said, still glaring at me.

"It's 7PM unnie!" Minzy piped in helpfully.

"Oh, I guess it is time for dinner," I mumbled.

"Too right it is! Be ready in 10 minutes flat. We're going out to eat." with that last command Bom strode out of the room, taking CL and Minzy with her.

I yawned, stretching my arms out and moved my face around. 'Eh? Why does my left face feel dry? Like there's something on it?'

I let my arms fall to my side, before bringing my right hand up to touch the left side of my face. 'What the hell is this?' My fingers brushed against my left cheek lightly to feel dry patches. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. 'What the hell?'

My eyes widened. If Jiyong ever found that I actually dribbled... I'd never hear the end of it! He's always saying that I dro--

I paused in my thoughts when his words rang out in my ears again.

'It was a mistake'

Unconsciously, my shoulders deflated as I got up to get ready to go out with the girls.

========

"Took you long enough!" Bom complained from her seat on the sofa when she saw me.

"Quit your whining, it's not like you're going to starve," I snapped back rolling my eyes.

"If I wasn't so energy-less right now, your head would be chilling in that corner over there," Bom muttered darkly as she pointed into the corner where Seungri's hideous material still lay.

"Whatever, come on lets go feed the bominator," I said as I swung my arm around Minzy's shoulder.

We all took a taxi into central Seoul, the ride filled with mindless chatter.

"Thanks Ahjussi!" Minzy said sweetly as she got out of the taxi.

"So where are we going to eat?" CL asked as she looked down the busy streets her eyes falling on all the different restaurants.

"ANYWHERE! Just give me food!" Bom said as she ran into the closest restaurant.

We all rolled our eyes at her before following her in to the sushi bar, to see she had already gotten us a table and was busy examining the menu.

I sat in front of Bom, with CL sat to the right of me, whilst Minzy was sat beside Bom, opposing CL.

"Hurrry! Order! Order!" she complained, waving the menus in front of us since she'd already taken the liberty to order her own.

We all quickly told the waiter our orders before we all faced each other.

"Its been so long since we've all been together," CL stated as she smiled at us all, "I've really missed this."

"Neh! I missed Bommie unnie soooo much!" Minzy said cutely as she hugged the side of Bom.

"What are your plans now that you're here Bom?" I enquired, taking a sip of my drink.

"Well I was in the second year of university over in America. I've already sorted out my papers, I'm transferring to Seoul University to study music," she said casually whilst she played with her straw.

'Seoul University?' CL and I looked at each wide eyed before--

"KYYYAAAAAAAAAA!!" CL and I screamed in unison as we jumped up and down in our seats, flapping our arms in excitement.

"Unnies!! Shhhh! Everyone's looking!" Minzy tried to shush us as she turned her head to the other tables in the restaurant, sending them apologetic looks.

"Oh my god! Bom! You're going to the same university as us!!" I said excitedly as I grabbed her hand and began to shake it like crazy.

"No Sherlock," she said, but grinned back at me with as much excitement.

"Bom! Why didn't you tell me this earlier?! I could've gotten us a three bedroom apartment! Where are you going to stay?!" CL asked, a frown on her face.

Bom's smile faltered slightly, "That's the only thing I haven't managed to sort out. I knew you and Dara were rooming together, so I called the university but they said that there were no vacant apartment rooms," she sighed heavily looking down.

"Well you can stay with us for the meantime, don't worry, we'll figure something out! I'm sure there is someone without a roomate!" I said, trying to cheer her up.

"Unnies! This is so unfair! You're all in university together! I'm still in high school!" Minzy cut in, pouting and sulking in her seat.

"Awww, you'll join us soon enough! Don't worry Mingkki! Unnies won't forget you!" I cooed, ruffling her hair.

Soon after, the food arrived and we began talking about mundane things. Currently CL was complaining to us about what had happened yesterday.

"When that Rat found out that Dara and Jiyong weren't coming back, he came over, saying something about 'quality time together'" CL shuddered at the words, stabbing a piece of chicken mercilessly and shoving it in .

"I told him I was busy, but the rat was persistent and barged in and started to mess up all my stuff. Gosh he angers me!" she grumbled angrily, "Took me ages to get him to sit still and even then he wouldn't shut up and let me concentrate. He started whining about how he was hungry so he left me alone to cook. It was the only time I got peace and quiet!"

"Aww, don't be so mean on Seungri. He's just trying to be friendly. I still don't understand why you hate him so much. Just what exactly did he do when we were younger?" I asked her, genuinely intrigued.

She stiffened slightly before putting some rice into , "I don't know what you're talking about. He didn't have to do anything. Just one look at his face and I immediately hated him!" CL barked out.

"Well at least he cooked for you! If he didn't come, I bet you would've skipped your dinner! You don't even feed yourself when you're absorbed in fashion!" Minzy reprimanded her older cousin.

"From the sounds of it, looks like Seungri will be a good househusband," Bom piped in, now much happier since she was eating.

"Pffft! That rat?! He'd be the worst husband ever! I feel sorry for whoever ends up with him!" CL exclaimed, shaking her head in pity for the person.

"Never thought you'd pity yourself CL," Bom said as she grinned at CL mischievously.

"WAAAAAHHT?!" CL exploded in outrage, "That rat and me?! I can't believe you even contemplated the notion! What's wrong with you! That's just so eww!"

"Okay, if you say so CL," Bom said teasingly.

"YAH! Well what about you and TOP oppa huh?!" CL blurted out, her eyes widening when she realised what she had said.

"I-I'm sorry Bommie, I didn't mean to.." CL said apologetically her head head hanging in disappointment at herself.

Bom placed her fork down and swallowed her food, forcing a smile on her face, "No need to be sorry CL."

"No, I shouldn't have blurted it out like that, I was just angry and--"

"It's fine CL, don't worry about it," Bom smiled at her warmly patting her hand that was on the table.

"Unnie... What about you and Oppa?" Minzy asked softly.

Bom sighed heavily, slouching in her seat and began to play with her fingers, "I-I don't know. I don't know how he'll react when he sees me again. He'll probably tell me how much he hates me and scream in my face or something..."

We all gave her sympathetic looks, but neither of us tried to tell her otherwise. We didn't want to give her any false hope, the fact of the matter is that we had no idea how Seunghyun would react at all.

"But don't worry! I don't care how much he shouts at me!" she sat up straight, beaming at us, causing us all to look at each other in confusion.

"I'm going to win him back. I don't care how long it takes, all I know is that I love him, and I need him in my life. I will get him back, no matter how hard it will be!" She said with such conviction, slamming her fists down on the table.

"Go Bommie!" CL cheered as she clapped.

"Yeah! You can do it Unnie! TOP oppa won't be able to resist you!" Minzy encouraged.

I sat quietly as I observed Bom. Despite the conviction in her voice I knew better. Her eyes were showing fear. Fear of rejection. Fear that she was too late.


Author's Note:

Annyeong wonderful subscribers!! Sorry this chapter is quite short and isn't as interesting, I didn't have as much time today to think about what I wanted to put in this chapter >__<" It's more of a filler... Anyway, hope you still enjoyy! ^^

~Water Phoenix