Chapter 1: A new beginning

A Bang In The Heart

"Where the hell is this fricken place?!" I grumbled underneath my breath as I looked around for my new house address. I stumbled around in my new black slimming skirt and high heels dragging my suitcase along in the narrow street. The street was overcrowded with towering duplexes and black filled trash bags. I had purposely looked for a place in Hapjeung-dong, where the YG entertainment building is at but every apartment was too pricey for my small wallet. So I picked a small cheap duplex for renting to share with a roommate which was just five minutes away from the building.
Huffing around, I stopped my suitcase in front of a small rundown building of just two stories. "I asked for a cheap place, not somewhere I'll probably get robbed and ." I sighed in disbelief. The place was in nowhere near in good condition like it said online. I walked up the short set of stairs to find that the building was exactly symmetrical. My door 817 was facing the door of the house next to ours 818. I struggled to fit the key into the keyhole when the door suddenly whipped open. A pretty petite korean girl about my age looked at me in astonishment. She had medium length wavy brown hair and subtle makeup on that made her eyes clear and wide brimmed. 
"Oh! Wait! You're the...new roommate right?" She asked in excitement.
"Umm Yea! Hi!" I said in an unwary voice, "I'm Remi" I smiled nervously.
"I'm Kwon Sua". She backed up from the door, "Come in! Actually I wasn't expecting a foreigner roommate but I don't mind!"
"Yea I'm not much of a foreigner though, I'm half korean...Wait, you speak English?!" I smiled widely now realizing that I finally found someone who can speak English.
Sua laughed "Haha yea, I studied in Canada all through middle school and high school so I'm pretty fluent".
She picked up one of my suitcases and brought them in the house.
The house was very small with a low ceiling. The walls were painted a clean light orange color and it had a friendly atmosphere to it, just like Sua. The room was just a living room with a conjoined kitchen, there was one bathroom and two bedrooms branching off. 
Sua led me to the room nearest to the front door.
"This is your room. The wall over there is the wall for the house next to us and it's really thin so you might hear a lot of stuff." She said.

I lean up to the wall and put my ear against it. "Haha nope, I think I'll be fine" I smiled.

Sua crossed her arms, "But you know the house next to us? This old guy lives in there and he's a really weird creep. He only comes in and out really early in the morning or really late at night. I tried to talk to him once but he ignored me. So I don't think you should try to talk to him or he'll like kill you."  She said with a disturbed smile.
Oh wow a friendly neighbor was just what I needed. 
I unpacked my belongings and set my room up to my needs. By then it was already night and outside was pitch black. I took a quick shower in the bathroom and groomed myself as in shave my entire body. I put on a neat tank top and sweat pants and tied my wet hair into a messy high bun. When I walked out of my room, I found Sua sitting on the small couch on with her laptop on her lap.
"Hey what you doin'?" I asked tucking a few wet strands behind my ear.
Sua grinned, "Just updating my blog with a few pictures."
I scooted in next to her and looked at what she was working on. It was a colorful blog site with many pictures of a few guys in different poses. The guys wore crazy outfits and had crazy hair styles.
"Who are they?" I asked.
"They're this korean boy band called Bigbang. And I lOVE them so before you say anything about them." She pointed at my face, "Filter your words girl, filter them."
Bigbang? The name came across so familiar in my mind for some reason. Something to do with.... Something to do with- !!
"Ah!! YG entertainment right??" I shouted as I recalled the name.
Sua nodded in excitement. "How did you know?"
"That's where I'm working tomorrow! 
Sua jumped up with the strangest face imaginable as she dropped her laptop, "Shut up. Shut. Up. No way! Wait- What are you doing there?!"
I helped her pick her laptop up and slowly backed away, "Okay just don't kill me!" I said with tightened smile, "I'm teaching English to uh... Those guys for their American tour." I pointed at the guys on her screen.
Sua sandwiched her face between her hands, "Oh my god. No frickin way!! You little lucky piece of-" she slammed her face on one of the pillows and said something that I couldn't make out. Sua was crazy but for some reason I liked it.

 

After Sua's mental breakdown, which took about an hour for her to get over, she told me more about this "bigbang". She showed me each member with TOP as the deep charismatic rapper, Seungri as the energetic maknae, Daesung the friendly vocal angel, taeyang as the talented dancer and singer, but the one who caught my biggest attention was G Dragon. Something about him gave off a mysterious vibe but also a friendly feeling. 

~~~~
I went to bed feeling a bit more excited and nervous about my job thanks to Sua's overly passionate introduction. What kind of people would they be like? What if they think I'm-
"Jagiya, I'm so sorry..." a soft sad voice said in Korean.
I sat up quickly in my bed trying to figure out where the voice came from. Was it Sua's room?? 
"I j-just couldn't... can't just skip.." The voice said smoothly.
After thinking for a bit, I remembered Sua's warning "The wall is really thin".
        It was from the other side of the wall!
I quickly pressed my ear against the wall to hear better. I felt like an eavesdropping spy, well I was eavesdropping, but not the spy part.
"Jihae-ya, just don't hang up on me, ple-" the voice let out a large depressing sigh. 
His sigh gave me chills over my body, like that feeling back in high school when I listened into other people's conversations and they didn't have a clue. I heard some shuffling noises and then silence.
What the..heck?  Didn't Sua say an old guy lived next door? Then who was that just now?
I smiled to myself. I was looking forward to living here for the next few months.