Chapter 37

A Bang In The Heart

 

I wiggled my toes in a delightful satisfaction. 
     "Woahh! They look so cute!" I squealed as I smiled at Sua. 
We were in one of the most luxurious and expensive spas in all of Seoul, funded specially by the one and only Mr.Kwon Jiyong. Actually, I initially went against this whole idea at first, but he said he wanted to give me something "special" for the occasion. I had the option to take a friend but to be honest, Sua was the only friend I really had and she dutifully tagged along, as if her life depended on it.
   We had been through an exfoliating salt body wrap and gotten waxed on our legs. It was extremely painful but the price was well paid. My legs felt smooth and velvety, and I just couldn't stop touching them. 
    Was this heaven? A day like this maybe comes once in a lifetime for such a girl like me. I couldn't wait for tonight, I could barely contain my excitement
     My nails had been freshly painted in a classy elegant design by one of the nail artists at the spa and now Sua was getting hers finished up.
     "Yah, maybe I should have been nicer to you." Sua joked.
     I scoffed, " But then it wouldn't be you, you'd be faking it." 
     "Hey! I can be nice!" Sua laughed and tried to smile in a friendly manner.
     We both giggled together, trying to keep our excitement in. Out from one of the doors, Jiyong casually walked in with his usual cool swagger.
   He had on a simple grey cardigan and cropped ripped jean shorts. A chic red fedora hat covered his slick metallic blue hair and large round Chanel glasses covered his eyes. Even though he was dressed so simply, he looked absolutely gorgeous.
 
Leaning down on my chair, Jiyong lowered his glasses and gave a small sweet smile, "How are you ladies doing?"
      I tilted my head up to give him a light kiss on his smooth stubble-less cheek. Jiyong raised his eyebrows and bit his smiling lips.
      Sua looked enviously but kindly at us and smiled. "Me too?" She joked.
      Jiyong let out a gummy laugh and stood up straight again. "You guys ready to go?" He looked at his diamond encrusted Rolex and frowned, "We don't have much time."
      I leaped up from my chair and took off my gown. After neatly drying her nails, Sua did the same and we got out of the spa. The weather was calm and the sun was warmly baking us in the still heat. Not too hot but not too cold, it was perfect. This part of the city was the richer area, so it was less crowded with boggling people. The atmosphere was sophisticated and classy, almost like the Korean Beverly Hills.
      Jiyong had drove his Bentley over do to his manager's interfering schedule. He opened the car door for me in the passenger seat and then Sua's in the back seat.
      And my oh my, was the car fancy. Jiyong started up the engine and squirmed in his seat. He looked so adorable with his hands tightly gripping the wheel.
    Jiyong nervously smiled, "I don't usually get to drive so often... It feels a bit awkward."
     "Just don't kill us." I smiled.
     "I'll try not to...and I never bought a dress for a girl before, I'm nervous." Jiyong looked up at the mirror and tightly smiled.

 

     "Oppa, anything you choose will probably be beautiful, I don't doubt it at all." 
     "I know... It's just, Yumi noona isn't gonna be here till later. But alright, lets go." 
      We parked beside a whole street of high end designer name shops. Shops beyond my knowledge of fashion... We entered one of the places, a slim, and sleek black building. The inside was simply designed in back and white. The store was empty except for the sharp elegant looking lady behind one of the clothing racks and an empty sounding upbeat music playing in the background. The lady had uptight cat lips and her eyes struck out like lasers.
      Sua and I followed Jiyong in but strayed behind as he went up to talk with the cat lady. I carefully sliced my hand between one of the black dresses and fished a fancy cut price tag from it. My fingers shook as I read the number.
      "How many zeros is that??" Sua whispered as she opened her eyes widely. I sighed and carefully put the tag back. Why were we here?
       Jiyong grabbed at my arm and led me towards the lady.
       "This is her, can you get her size ready by today before six?" Jiyong placed his hands on my shoulders and gently pushed me towards the lady.
       The lady let her glasses sink down to her nose and gave a small of her head of doubt, "By six? That's a stretch...but I'll see what I can do. You said you wanted the Vaccarello Silhouette in Black, the one you chose earlier?" 
  
      "Ah Yes, and sorry for such a short notice." Jiyong bowed his head down with respect.
      "No worries, we're honored to have you as our customer." The lady smiled.
       Jiyong turned to me and impatiently looked at his watch, "Jagi-ya, I gotta go now. I still need to get ready. I asked manager hyung to pick you up after you're done getting fit for the dress and he'll drop you off at the makeup studio. I'll meet you there and... Hyung will drop Sua off after this." Jiyong gave me a soft squeeze at my arm and smiled. 
       After giving a short nod to the lady and Sua, he hurriedly left the building. 
      The fitting took about thirty minutes. The lady without any sense of awkwardness, took my measurements all in a professional manner. Sua patiently waited as she curiously watched me.
      Like Jiyong had said, the manager came to pick us up and he dropped me off at the studio, and Sua went home. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I looked at myself in awe. The makeup stylist had done such an amazing job with my face. My eyes weren't covered in heavy make up but more of a clear and sharp style that captured my eye color perfectly. My lips were painted a bright seamless red, almost as if it were dripping with blood. My brunette hair was flawlessly put up into a chic bun according with my shiny curled bangs that flung to the side. 
    Yumi unnie had brought in the dress that was quickly sent in by the store and it fit me perfectly. It wasn't anything to fancy, no ruffles or lace. The black dress was short with thin straps hanging ily on my back. 
 
 

 

But what amazed me was how it captured the essence of my perfectly smooth and slim legs which made me look something straight out of the red carpet. The whole dress seemed to feature my legs as the highlight. My black stilettos were oh so beautiful and made me look like the hottest model alive. Honestly...I looked like a y chic goddess. Holy crap...was this really me? 
      I heard voices out side of the room I was changing in, and I recognized it right away.
     "Is she in there...?" 
     "Yea... She's changing." Yumi said.
    I took a deep breath and blinked a couple times. What would he think? I hope he likes what he sees.   
    I confidently walked out of the room with ease, even in my tall stilettos. 
Jiyong looked up from his phone when he heard my shoes clicking on the marble floor. 
His eyes locked directly on me and it was if he couldn't ever look away. Jiyong's face said it all. His mouth was slightly open as if he was struck with amazement and his shining eyes were glued on me. His lips fidgeted as if he was about to say something but they fought against his awe and his awe won. 
       "Yah, you're gonna drool." Yumi broke the silence by tapping under Jiyong's chin.
       Jiyong broke out of his frozen state and nervously smiled. The nervous smile melted away as his face turned into a giddy pool of excitement. 
                                                                                     
      Jiyong shook his head to shake off his excitement, "Y-You look..." 
He held my hand, "...beautiful." Pulling my hand delicately up to his lips, he kissed it with great care.
      Jiyong looked quite dashing himself as usual. His blue hair was slicked back and curled at the edge, giving it a bit of a unique flick in the back. He wore a handsome slim black suit on top with contrasting colorful pastel pink shorts sporting an intricate design of whales on them. He looked different but that's what he was. My man couldn't have looked any more handsomer. I tightened his cute pink bow and smiled with a strange new confidence I had inside me.
     Jiyong held up his arm for me to hold on to and gave his signature quirky smile. "Ready to go...Codi* noona?"
  
 
 
 
 
-----------
*codi- "coordinator" or stylist. Remi is going as his stylist.