Chapter 60

A Bang In The Heart

 

       My lips coiled in with Minwoo's smiling lips. He felt intimidated a bit but also very accepting. But something didn't feel right with me. There was a huge knot inside my stomach and something tight kept pushing up my throat. What was it? Anxiety? Nervousness? Tension?
       But nope it wasn't tension that came up my throat. If you call tension, spewing out everything you've eaten and drank, then I was pretty spot on with my guessing. 
       As soon as our lips parted again, I lunged my face towards the ground and my stomach heaved out to throw up all those drinks that I drank. My mouth felt raw but my head felt a little bit better in terms of dizziness.
       "Aw !!" Minwoo jumped back as he looked down at his clothes. There was a little throw up covering parts of his pants and his shoes.
      I just stood there with my eyes half open and I wiped my mouth with my hand. Oh god, what have I done?
      Before long, I felt my stomach push and my chest tightened. I immediately covered my mouth to stop anything from coming out again. 
      Minwoo looked at me concernedly and stepped forward, "Noona, are you okay-"
      "I'll take her outside" Jiyong stepped in Minwoo's way as he caringly wrapped his arm around me and his hand caressingly held my arm.
       I raised my eyebrows and hiccuped, "Huh you really came." I said stupidly.
       Minwoo frowned as he tried to grab my arm, "No I can do it-" 
Jiyong glared at his hand touching my arm and spoke sternly, "She's my business, not yours." 
 
         I scoffed when I heard him say "my business". Since when was I his business??
          But without protesting, Minwoo's hand slipped down and let me go. Jiyong strugglingly led out a drunk Remi to out of the bar. 
Why was I letting him do this?
           "Geez Remi, how much did you drink?" Jiyong asked as he looked down at me. We were almost out of the bar and through the crowds.
           "More than you need to know-" Something pushed again as I almost let out another blow until Jiyong covered my mouth with his hand.
What the heck was he doing?
            I let out a strange noise and let my tongue escape through my lips and his hand. Jiyong gave me a weird look and immediately took his hand off my mouth.
           I looked around at all the people outside on the street. Bunch of people in their early 20s dressed so prettily walking with their friends and family. I wonder why Jiyong was here? Shouldn't he not be in places like this?
       "What are you doing here?" I said as we stumbled out to a small grassy area on the side of the street. 
       "I was...performing at a club nearby." Jiyong looked around and up at the bar that we were in. "I've actually been here before. When I heard through the phone the music they had on, I knew that you were here." 
      I growled at him as I got on my knees. "I didn't effing ask." 
The air was crisp and refreshing. It made me feel better as I sighed.

 

       "Why did you come? You shouldn't have come...you scared Minwoo away." I said almost cutely with my lips pouting.   
       Jiyong crouched down on the ground to math his eye level with me. His eyes were soft but still handsome. The suit made him look just dashing and beautiful. Why did he look something out of a magazine when I always looked like a fricken hobo?
       "You sounded terrible." Jiyong looked down at the ground and fidgeted with his hands.
       "Sound terrible? I don't know what you're-" I threw up again hard on the the sad looking patch of grass. People seemed to be staring but I didn't care.
 
       Jiyong grimaced but still had a concerned look on his face. "I think you should go home...I'll take you." Jiyong grabbed at my arm but I pushed him off me violently. 
       "Don't even touch me you bastard." I glared at him as I growled.
       Jiyong looked taken aback and his eyes looked at me as if he lost everything in the world.
       My face twisted and squeezed out a frown as I grabbed my hair. "God, who the are you to keep coming in my life like this?!"
       Jiyong didn't say anything but then under his mask came a muffled reply. "...Kwon Jiyong." His voice sounded weak and pained.
       When he said his name, something switched on my anger as pitiful tears wrenched out of my eyes. I took a staggered breath and attacked him with my words. "Are you really now?! ARE YOU REALLY HIM?! SORRY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO THE YOU ARE?!"
 
       Heavy tears streaked down my face as I sobbed out my words. "Who do you think you are?!!"
       My hands tightly grasped at the grass and I felt my heart rot. My head felt dizzy and stomach nauseous as ever. 
Jiyong didn't say a word as his watery eyes watched me carefully.
       His white mask irritated me and the way it covered his face. The way it didn't want to show me who it really was behind it.
       My drunkness seemed to give me more confidence as I said what was on my mind. My voice cracked as I yelled at him. "Who really are you?! Take off your mask!! I WANNA SEE WHO YOU REALLY ARE!!!"
        Jiyong looked at the ground and stared deeply until his slim fingers carefully unhooked the straps from his ears and let his mask fall to the ground. 
        His lips were crooked and the corners of them were pointed sadly downwards. He closed his eyes as if it was painful to see me and then opened again with teary eyes. A sigh escaped from his mouth.
       But I wasn't satisfied. Why was there still a mask on him?
       I pulled at my hair almost insanely and tears gave out my heart. "GOD DAMN IT TAKE IT OFF!! TAKE IT OFF!!" My knees sunk and my body seemed to drown. My lips began to quiver and my body trembled violently, "T-Take it off-...Just take it off!!" The air instead of going through my lungs, wrapped around my throat to choke me. My ears blurred up from my tears and I couldn't see anything but just blobs of colors. 
I whimpered as I said again, "T-Take it...off." I felt a large cold tear slide down my face as I collapsed on the ground and the world tuned out into a pitch black.