Chapter 38

A Bang In The Heart

 

     His hands tightly grasped my thin hands and the butterflies in my stomach calmed down to rest only to flutter again.
     Jiyong warmly smiled revealing a bit of his brilliantly white teeth, "Remi-ya, don't worry about a thing. Just whatever you do, stay by me or Yumi noona. I'll make sure nothing happens...you're here to have fun tonight." 
      How could I resist myself smiling when he looked so beautiful and spoke such heartwarming words? Not only that, he looked even more stylish than ever before with his large black squarish looking hat and his well fitting Dolce&Gabbana sunglasses that perfectly framed his slim face. 
      "When we get off, we go around to the show tent and Jiyong's going to go to the red carpet first." Yumi fixed her hair attentively as she the large van halted to a stop.
       The door opened and I got off the car along with Yumi. The atmosphere was unbelievably lively and exciting. There were many people walking about, photographers and celebrities alike. I could already hear the fierce shutter sounds of the hungry paparazzi and eager fans waiting to catch a glimpse of their favorite celebrities. There was a faint sophisticated clubbing pop music beating to the rhythm of the camera clicks. The sun hadn't set yet but bright spotlights flashed brightly on the red carpet. 
     What I saw though was that when I made way through the crowd following Yumi, people stopped for a short second and looked. 
They were...watching me? I swear I heard a few flashes directly aimed at me. I wasn't even a celebrity, but I let out a confident grin and kept on walking.
The flashes grew immensely louder and heads by instinct turned when G-Dragon walked on to the magnificent vibrant red carpet. Every casual step he took was full of his own unique swagger and cool flair. How did he look so good and handsome even in such a crazy outfit like that? 
     He literally owned it. His perfectly sculptured face and his blinding ocean colored hair that perfectly creamed in with everything else he was wearing. Jiyong looked so comfortable and at ease, even in front of so many people, and so many cameras. It was as if he belonged there.
   So this was how his fans saw him, no wonder he had so many fans. Jiyong looked absolutely flawless.
      His eyes caught my eyes and let out a small sly grin, with only one corner of his lips quirking up. I blew him a small kiss and smiled brightly. And to my surprise, he responded by making a cute heart with his hands with a lip biting smile. I giggled at him and raised my eyebrows.
The photographers having no idea only clicked away furiously.
      I continued to follow Yumi through the chattering crowd and into the show tent where the Seoul fashion night show would be held.
The interior was large and stunning. About four immensely large chandeliers hung low from the ceiling, spraying rainbow sparkles onto the ivory lining of the walls. There was a long bright runway in the middle of the entire tent. About 20 large tables covered the sides of the tents, all lined in silk linen holding elegant crystal glasses of some sort of liquor. I couldn't even figure how many chairs were in there, too much to count. Gossamer lines of lights flashed brightly over inside the tent like steams. 
       "Woah unnie, it's my first time being in anywhere like this." I said amazed at the sight. Well, how often did someone like me get to attend a fashion show in the heart of a city with famous celebrities? 
 
 

 

I felt like a tourist and had the excitement of a little kid at a candy shop. I saw so much eye candy and I couldn't hold in all the happiness inside of me.  
     So many people dressed with unexplainably fashionable and beautiful clothing. They looked so chic and sophisticated and I...I was one of them. So glad I wasn't overdressed or too fancy, I looked the exactly the way I should have tonight, simple yet stylish. 
I turned around to admire more of the cro- HOLY CRAP, was that Jun Jihyun? Wait a second! That smoking hot guy... Woah, she's-
      "Remi-ya, let's go sit down." Yumi said as she pulled me over towards one of the seats.
       After waiting about 20 minutes, the music from the speakers began to beat heavily and the lights dimmed down, giving the runway the spotlight. I sat waiting, nodding my head to the rhythm of the music and watching people take their seats. 
     Jiyong finally showed up with a slightly moist face and sat next to Yumi, away from me. Before sitting down, he gave me a soft smile and nodded in acknowledgement.
The countdown to the night started and handsomely but strangely dressed models began to strut across the runway with somewhat "stoned" looks on their face. It was truly amazing to actually see it, all the colors and fresh designs worn by the perfect androgynous models. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       After the show, we headed out of the tent where where was a larger crowd bustling about. The cameras almost immediately bombarded everyone and Jiyong's manager had to come and take him away. Away from me. I didn't even get to talk to him all night.
 
Interviews were going on and people began to form crowds and groups. I stayed close to Yumi, not exactly knowing where to go. Even so, it was still exciting.
     For about 30 minutes, Yumi and I walked around, meeting her friends and other models who were in the show. The shopping in the streets had already begun and people crowded up in huge masses as the sun began to set. I was having fun alright, but Jiyong was missing. I wanted him, next to me.
     But then, I saw Jiyong's black hat and little peeps of blue hair sticking out. He was posing for a picture in the middle of a large crowd of photographers... His invading arm, almost too closely touching... was hung around a girl's shoulder. I felt this tiny bit of doubt in my mind and this strange feeling absorbing me. Wait wait...what? Who is she? The girl was ridiculously gorgeous. She didn't look fully korean but yet still did. Her eyes were sharp and drawn towards the camera and her lips were pointy pursed. And what was his arm doing around her?
      Jiyong's eyes sparkled behind his sunglasses and his lips looked shiny with desire. I felt a small lump at the back of my throat and a deep knot furrowed into my head.
      The girl batted her cat like eyes and her sharp red lips pursed towards Jiyong. Her dark cropped hair hang carelessly but chicly and her dress was becoming. The girl's brilliant smile added on to her gorgeousness. She looked strangely...like me. Then I realized.
Holy , that's Miko Kazuhara.   
     But wait. What was oppa's arm doing around her and why was he looking so friendly? So unusually friendly?

 

So this was the girl who was the one supposably dating Jiyong. This was the girl who was caught in numerous dating rumors. This was the girl who...looked like me. I guess she did a bit. I resembled the same kind of features as her. Dark brunette hair, thin stature and height but in no way did I really look like her. She was nice. But why did that irk me so much? Jealousy?? Was I being jealous?
      "Ahh, don't worry too much about it." Yumi spoke softly with ease.
Surprised, I turned my head and raised my eyebrows.
      "It's just a press photo, he's doing that to show he's only friends with her. To show he's not hiding anything at all." Yumi turned to me and smiled softly.
       I looked down and back up at Jiyong who was tilting his hat playfully at the camera, his arm still around her. I crinkled my eye at the sight and sighed, "But...will it always be like this? I mean, me having to watch him from far away in public?" 
      "That's your guys call. If anything, you two make the choice...of course Jiyong's going to have to make some big choices." Yumi turned around as if she was checking something out, "Hey, Remi, I'll be right back. Just stay here." 
     "W-Wait, U-Unnie!" I turned quickly to catch her but she was already far from my reach.
     "Ah excuse me! Are you a model?!" 
I turned back to find white flashing lights of a camera attacking me. A young skinny photographer excitedly took pictures of me as I tried to cover my eyes from the flashes.
     "No.. Um can you p-please stop?" I stuttered.
 
The flashes continued, "WOW!! I thought you were a model! What's your name? Ohh man those legs!" He obnoxiously shouted.
      "J-Just stop please." I helplessly muttered as I tried to blink away the crazy flashes.
      "Ah oooookkayy!! Just after this shot! Can you please pose for me? One last time?!"
I had enough. "YAH!! I told you stop the first time to stop! Yah, how old are you?! This is an infringement on my rights! I can sue you for this!! You know that?!" I angrily shouted.
     The photography seemed to think for a moment then raised his camera up. But before he could take another shot, a hand covered the lens of the camera.
      "If a lady asks you to stop, then you should stop." 
I looked up from my hands when I heard the sweet soft voice. Jiyong stood over the guy and took the camera from his hands. 
      Body guards hovered over the photographers and the crowd pouring in to keep them away.
      Jiyong smiled at me and leaned in close as he flipped the camera around to take a picture of us. My mouth was opened and my eyes were wide eyed when the camera flashed. Jiyong then returned the camera to the guy and gave a quirky grin. 
      Turning to me, Jiyong pat my back generously, "Ahh, lets go...noona!"