Chapter 7

A Bang In The Heart

 

***"Remi-ya" Jiyong said as he slammed me against the table. He grabbed my hands tightly down and examined my face close up. His eyes were red and his blonde locks draped over his face. His thin lips curled up into a smile as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. My heart thumped as he got close and closer to my lips, ready to lock his with mine. Then from right next to me, I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I tilted my head to the side to find Taeyang laying down next to me.
"Remi-ya" he said as he gave his ever so beautiful smile. Jiyong was still watching me like a prey and his hands grabbed my hands tighter. Taeyang gestured at me to hold his hand and gave me a quick wink. 
What the hell was this? I don't know what Im supposed to do!! 
From a distance I could hear another familiar voice. I looked up to find Top running towards me in slow motion with his hands in the air. 
"F*€KING ENGLISH TEACHER!!" Top shouted at me with his deep voice as he pointed his middle finger. He too came near me and stared at me deeply along with Jiyong and Taeyang. I raised my eyebrows and squirmed. All three guys surrounded me on the table and leaned in closer and closer and closer...***
     "Stop...stop" I said in the dark. Or was it really dark? 
My eyes opened slowly to reveal a blinding light before me. I blinked a couple of times and my vision slowly returned. Light poured in through the curtains and let out a soft glow around me. Was that just a dream?
Where was I?? This place didn't look familiar, maybe except for the structure of it but it was completely different. The walls were a nice rich red color with hints of black. The place overall looked neat with basic essential things; a one person couch, a small table and few decorations. It looked like any ordinary house except for the giant shelves filled with thousands of shoes and little gadgets or something. I winced and my chapped lips.
What was I doing here? On the ground right at the front door with...
"Mmmmhh" Something moaned.
I looked down and saw a head of hair. A blond head of hair tucked deeply into the side of my neck. His breathing was steady and calm. Each breath he exhaled tickled my neck and gave me chills. His one arm was under my head like a pillow and his other arm wrapped tightly around me with his hand caressing the back of my head.
Memories from last night flashed in my mind. 
 
"Uhhh..." I croaked out. "Jiyong-shi..."
He kept on sleeping peacefully.
I pulled my hand out from inside his embrace and shook it freely. I slowly pushed his head back carefully to get free. His body shifted over and his neck cocked back leaving his face close to mine. 
Maybe it was because of the soft lighting but he looked so breathtakingly beautiful. His flawless porcelain skin complemented his light blonde hair as it glistened in the light. His eyelashes carefully coated the rims of his eyelids and his lips... Oh his lips. They looked like a crafted piece of sculpture. His thin but pursed, plush lips gently tilted downwards in peace and his calm breathing harmonized with the way his mouth slightly opened and closed. The way his soft lips curled out made them look so kissable. My heart began to pound hard and I could feel a heart attack coming on. 
I blew air upwards to my hair and looked around to calm myself. 
Anyways...What time was it?? After looking around the room, I found a small green wall clock ticking slowly. I squinted to make out the thin hands of the clock. The hands pointed to a 12 and a.... 8!!
     HOLY CRAP. The meeting!! Huijoon told me it started at 8 o'clock SHARP!
I quickly grabbed Jiyong's shoulders and shook them hard.
"Jiyong-shi!! Wake up!" I yelled in panic.
Jiyong rolled over and let go of me. He covered his face with his hands and turned to the other side as he moaned.
"The concert tour meeting!! We're late!" I shouted even louder as I got off the ground. My shoulders and body ached like hell. 
"Agghhh" he moaned again. He laid there on the ground like a dead body until a few seconds later, he sat up quickly with his eyes wide open.
"SHIIIIIIEEET" Jiyong jumped up and ran his fingers through his hair. He smacked his forehead with a surprised look on his face.
"Why the hell didn't manager hyung...." He mumbled as he speedily sled into a room. I could hear drawers opening and slamming and him stumbling on the ground.
What was I doing?! I was supposed to be there too!!
I ran out of his house and unlocked my door to get in my house. I quickly put on a fresh shirt and tied my hair in to a tall pony tail.

 

I was putting on my shoes when I saw Jiyong fly out of his house in cropped jeans and a black hoodie. 
"Yah Remi-ya!! We gotta go now!!" He yelled at me.
"Okay okay w-wait!" I yelled back as I grabbed my cellphone as keys and ran out of the house.
Jiyong had on big dark sunglasses and a black beanie covered his head so that any traces of blonde were gone. He zipped his hoodie all the way up to his face and started to pace out of the entrance.
"Wait! I can't run now! My ankle's sore..." I bent down to rub my ankle.
Jiyong raised his hands in the air "From what??!"
A replay of me crashing into Youngbae played in my head. Blood. Blood everywhere.
I pointed randomly back at the house "I-I uhh I crashed into-"
In the middle of my sentence, Jiyong grabbed my hand and started running.
"Come on we gotta get going!"
We ran a completely different direction than the way that I went to go. It was through narrower alleys filled with trash bags and random objects lying around. 
"Why are we" I breathed hard "-going this way?!" 
God I haven't ran since my long forgotten cross country days in high school and I was definitely not in shape now.
"It's faster... Trust me, I know" He turned around to face me and I was sure that through his dark glasses and hoodie, there was a smile behind it that I wanted to see.
His hand held tightly on to my hand and never let go. He led me through the alleys and made sure to hide carefully when people were around. I felt like a ninja flying through, and the feeling was mindblowingly incredible. This... This was something new.
We finally arrived at the small super market in from of the building. Jiyong kept me behind his back as we hid behind a big van, still holding my hand.
      About 9 or 10 girls in their high school years were huddled together a few yards away from the entrance. All holding their little albums and still in their school uniforms. 
Jiyong turned to me and finally let go of my hand. He grabbed my shoulders and leaned in.
Jiyong pulled down his sunglasses just enough so that I could see his eyes. His eyes full of something, something different than what I saw yesterday. He looked new and reborn.
"Listen, just walk in the building and go in to the meeting. Whatever you do, don't make excuses and just say that you're sorry for your tardiness. And um..." He pushed his sunglasses back up. "Don't be intimidated"
"What about you?" I asked
"I'll go in through the side doors a little later, I can't go in the front doors" 
"B-but wait-"
"Just go!" He turned me over and pushed me towards the building.
~~~~~~~
I walked into the building with the same panic I had in me on the first day of working here. The same bright colors and lights gave me sweat under my pits and I felt nervous. I looked literally like crap. My makeup was what I had on last night and I looked like a wreck. I put my arm up to my nose and took a whiff.
I smelled like alcohol! Ughhh what am I going to do?!
As I approached the cafeteria which where the meeting was taking place, I could hear the voice of one of the management executives talking solemnly.
      There were about 15 people sitting down on two big connected tables. as I walked in, my shoes made horrendously loud clicking noises which attracted the attention of everyone.This was the exact same feeling of going to class late and having all the students watch you like a hawk. God please stop staring!
Trying to keep calm, I took a seat at the edge of the table hoping not to disturb anyone. In front of me sat Top in a casual light blue button up and framed glasses. Someone was sitting at the middle in the edge of the table next to me wearing a brown hat and a simple jacket. He looked about in his early 40s. Holding out his watch he looked straight at me in the eye. His eyes were closely centered and his lips thin and straight. Who was this guy?
He gave me a piercing look and said in a wheezy voice. "You're late"