Chapter 17

A Bang In The Heart

 

I woke up in the morning in an unusually happy mood. Instead of the usual worrisome feelings, I felt different. Like I had something to look forward to.
       Yesterday night, I recieved a text from Seungri and Daesung that they would both be in the building this afternoon so I can give a lesson for them. Youngbae was still busy due to his photoshoot schedule and Jiyong...I didn't have a clue to where he would be at. 
       I took concern in how I looked and what to wear. After trying on several different outfits, I decided with my favorite white lace mini dress with a light blue washed out jean jacket over it. The dress was one of the more expensive of my clothes in my wardrobe and so which I took good care of. I carefully put on just the right amount of makeup to keep me from looking too overdone. My hair, I slightly curled and Dutch braided one side over for a bohemian style headband. I looked young for once and it looked almost as if I were...innocent. Stepping back at the mirror to admire my look, I smiled at myself. You're lookin' fine Remi.
       I entered the building in a confident fashion, keeping in line with my steps, despite the high heeled leather boots I was wearing. 
When I reached the studio floor, I looked around. It was strangely quiet and...empty? Where was everyone? I brushed my hair off over my shoulder and sighed. Looking at my phone to check the time, I said out loud, "They specifically said-"
"Did you miss me?" A deep low voice whispered in my ear. Long covered arms wrapped my shoulders from behind giving me a tight hug and I felt a head resting on the top of my head. 
 
"Ah!" I shrieked in a surprise. I raised my eyebrows and bit my lip at the sudden hug from this stranger. Or was it a stranger? The voice sounded too familiar to me. Too deep and too mysterious...
"Ahh hyung!" I heard another voice from behind me along with light footsteps. The arms released me so that I could free myself. The arms and the deep voice had ultimately belonged to Top. He wore a mischievous looking grin that jerked up only one corner of his lips. His jaw muscles working up a storm trying not to laugh out loud. He still looked handsome as ever though. His eyes with the same deep sparkle even under his rectangular black framed glasses and his unknowingly attractive features. His messy black hair strangely matched his flawless look. Wearing a dark navy blue sweater over a classy striped Oxford button up made him look like he just came straight from a Burberry photoshoot. Story short, he looked classy and y as hell.
      The voice that had shouted behind me revealed to be of course the one and only Seungri. His hair slicked upwards in sort of a tousled mohawk and his forever innocent looking beady eyes gave me a familiar smile on my face. He was walking down the hallway in a quick pace towards us with his finger pointing at Top.
"Don't do that to her!" Seungri shouted obnoxiously when he was near us. Top laughed in an unmatching goofy laugh and pulled Seungri back by his shirt when he began to walk towards me.
"What wrong with you?" Top asked Seungri struggled to get free.
I bowed down, "Im sorry I didn't know it was you! Annyeonghasayo!"
"Remi-ya are you okay?? Hyung's always so random." Seungri said when he finally got free.

 

 

Seungri stopped talking so loudly and took a step back. He carefully examined me with his eyes from my head to my toe and back. Was he...checking me out? He was totally checking me out!
"A-ah yep! Haha yea" I said nervously pulling my hair behind my shoulder.
"You look..." Seungri coughed as his eyes quickly flashed back and forth. He opened his mouth to say if he was about to say something but Top cut him off.
"Where's Daesung? He told me he was taking a lesson today and I have time this morning so I can take a lesson now" Top said fixing his glasses on his nose.
I squinted my eyes to think up a response "Umm he said he was coming-"
      The elevator door opened and Daesung stepped out from the doors. He wore a classic black v-neck and light ripped jeans. His arms stuck out handsomely showcasing a nice set of tanned muscles. 
     "Ohhh y Kang-shi" Top teased grabbing at Daesung's arm. 
Daesung looked up and smiled angelically with his full lips wide. He let out a suppressing laugh, "Moya*...y Kang-shi" 
Daesung smiled at me and waved, "Annyeong Remi"
"Then we're all taking it today... Together?" Seungri asked with an annoyed voice.
"What, you don't wanna be with us?" Daesung asked
"Ani... I'm just saying." Seungri said scratching his head.
I looked around "Do you know where, um Jiyong-oppa is?"
-----------------------
*Moya- "what the heck" or "what is this" in this context.
------------
 
"Jiyongie hyung is still probably recording or something." Daesung said opening the recording room. He closed the door and frowned. "No one's in there."
I nodded and gave a firm smile. Hmm was he busy? 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Youngbae and Jiyong were really good at English, maybe even fluent compared to these guys. They had no clue on how a sentence was made. Every 15 minutes when we where going over phrases, Seungri would interrupt by asking how to pronounce it. 
"I ahpuhrishiato my p-pans all over the word." Seungri gave an effort.
      Top looked at him as if he was joking, "Yah, this isn't Japanese, you know that right?"
 And occasionally the three would break out in their silly giberish English conversation with one another.
"Daesung is always so y" Top said slowly in his deep voice. 
"He is king of y. Uhhh no god! He is god of y... He's god!!" Seungri laughed hard. The four of us burst out laughing the moment he said that.
"What the hell Seungri?... That's not even a-" Daesung broke out in tears.
Well so much for "appreciating fans". Lesson learned today? "Daesung is a god". 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After about two hours or so, Top and Daesung left for their busy schedules and Seungri went down to the dance studio. And I was alone. My phone vibrated and let out a small chime noise. I had a text message from my boss at Ji-market! 
<>

 

Ugh right now?! It was 4:55. Uh oh, then I had to get going NOW!  I texted "Okay I'll be there soon". The elevated that I had been waiting for finally dinged and I rushed in with my eyes on my phone.
BAM. I crashed hard on with somebody right at the front of the elevator, "Aahhishh!!" 
We had hit each other straight on and the guy seemed to be in pain. I was hit hard as well. 
"Ooooowwww" I scrunched my nose in pain,.
He lifted up his black leather hat and I soon realized who it was when I saw the familiar shining blonde hair. Of course it was him. Of course. He had on a simple white T-shirt with black leather tight pants.
Jiyong looked up rubbing his chest with a frowned face. But the impact was not the problem... My dress was attached to his pants!!
"I'm sorry oppa... I didn't see you there" I said with my eyes still on the problem.
Jiyong finally saw that the hem of my dress was caught in his pants. Not only just his pants but the zipper of his pants.
"What the heck went on here?" Jiyong said as he tried to unhook my dress from his zipper. Of all places it had to be stuck there. Ughh and my favorite dress... What was wrong with the world??
"Ahhh Why is it- dang it!" His fingers fumbled with the zipper.
"Hurry, I have to go someplace!" I said anxiously remembering that I was needed at the market.
Jiyong gave a frustrated shout and jerked at my dress, "Why did it have to be stuck he-"
The elevator dinged again and Jiyong out of reflex immediately pulled me over in front of him to hide our point of "connection". 
 
"Ah oppa! Annyeonghasayo!" I heard a cool cheerful voice. A blonde girl with large sunglasses stepped out with 3 other girls. They all looked incredibly pretty and fashionable. With their eyepopping hair colors and colorful makeup.
      "A-ah, um a-annyeong chaerin-ah. M-minzy ah, and um noona-deul*." Jiyong sputtered in cold sweat. He seemed really nervous and I could help but sweat along with him. How awkward was this??
     "I thought you were in Japan with Youngbae oppa!" The blonde girl laughed touching her long hair.
      "Ahh uh that's um not till Sunday. Um I thought you guys were in New York" His hand gripped my shoulder tighter.
 The girls nodded. The one with the short brown hair and pretty eyes responded, "We just came back this morning and we wanted to stop by to sajangnim to say hello."
        The girl with long straight red hair and bangs looked suspiciously at me and gave a strange look, "Who's she?"
        Jiyong awkwardly tried to stutter out a voice, "She's the new English teacher for the tour... Remi-shi."
         I awkwardly shifted my head towards them and gave a small bow with my head. "Annyeonghasayo" 
"She um has a bad cold. So she can't face you" Jiyong said lamely. 
I let out a few fake coughs to play along with it. "I'm really sorry" I said in a scratchy voice.
The girls looked at each other with weird faces but let out a loud laugh.  
The girl with the short brown hair smiled and pat my back, "Then Remi-shi, take good care of our Jiyongie."
"Ah neh" I said giving a short nod.

 

"Then bye Jiyong oppa.. And um Remi-shi" The girls waved and went into the hallway in a burst of giggles.
Jiyong took a deep breath and shook his head. 
"Yah, lets go upstairs, there's a bathroom there that not many people use." 
I nodded and tried to pull down the most of my dress that I could. I was wearing only underwear underneath it for god sakes!
"Ahh!! We look like-" Jiyong covered his face with his hands and let out a frustrated moan. 
We carefully walked into the elevator and Jiyong pressed one of the buttons. When the door shut, I leaned down to see what was wrong.
      "Wait, where exactly is it stuck??" I at his zipper trying to yank my dress free. I crouched closer down and with an added force, I tried to open his zipper with my crawling hands.
     "...yah, R-Remi-yah" Jiyong said in a nervous voice.
      Then I realized what I was doing. My face too dangerously near his zipper, my hands directly on his crotch and my fingers prying through his pants. My fingers froze and so did my face. I slowly looked up to find a blushing Jiyong. His eyes were moving quickly around and blinking away awkwardly. I swallowed hard and felt my face burn up like fire. You are one crazy girl Remi. You are one crazy girl.
Shiiieeet-
The elevator door dinged its terrible sound and the doors slid open.
There stood a horrified and wide eyed Seungri with his jaws dropped down as if he had seen a ghost.
"H-hyung...W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!"