Chapter 61

A Bang In The Heart

 

(??? Point of view)
         I delicately traced her jawline with my fingers, soft and light to the touch. She was sleeping but her closed eyes were traced with worry and stress, as if she could still see the world's problems in her sleep. The way she slept always made me feel so calm. That's what I loved about her, the way her breathing was so sweet and rhythmic, her pink inviting lips always slightly open as if they were waiting for me, and the way her eyes made little smiles when they were closed peacefully. 
But now...they weren't smiles any more. My heart ached when I saw her...kissing him. I couldn't cry, but I felt tears squeezing out of my heart and my body was shaking. It was pain that I never knew existed. The world felt as if everything was shattering and there was no way to save it. 
        But now she was here, with me. Well she was sleeping but still. Her light head on my lap, gracefully still and beautiful. Her long elegant eyelashes laced the line of her eyes and were brimmed with tears. Soft light pink blushed on her cheeks and her breathing tickled my leg. The way she made me smile like an idiot to myself just thinking about her. Just looking at her brought back all the reminiscent memories that she gave me.
         ..., am I crying? I quickly ran my finger up to my eyes and sure enough I felt wet tears dribbling down my face. 
 I'm so pathetic. Why the hell am I crying? I'm a grown man. I quietly scoffed. I bit my lip hard to stop my tears and looked up at the ceiling. It was hard to look at her. No, painful. I just couldn't bring myself to think that all her tears...all the pain that she's going through...was because of me. 
         She let out a small moan and I froze. I can't let her see my tears. I swallowed hard and continued to treat the cut on her forehead.
 
(Remi's Point of View)
            A soft moan escaped out of my mouth as I felt my heavy eyes open. My head felt ridiculously dizzy but everything felt still. My eyelids opened halfway. Where was I? I could tell that I was in a room...but sideways?
          I was lying on something stiff but warm...like someone's lap. The rest of my body was lying on the bed. The fabric underneath my face was made of some expensive material and smelled of light cologne and the musky scent that I recognized. The warmth was too familiar...
Ouch! A light gripping pain hit when I felt something on the corner of my forehead. My hand immediately went up to my forehead but then I felt a hand lightly grab it to stop me from touching it. 
         "You're hurt." I heard a soft voice whisper from above. Without looking up, I knew exactly who it was. And now I knew where I was.
         What was I doing lying on Jiyong's lap? I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. For some reason, it was a sigh of relief.
        I spoke cautiously, "What...happened?" My throat felt clogged so I could only whisper.
        Jiyong using his finger gently spread some antibiotic on the cut. I winced slightly.
       "Hold still..." Jiyong leaned down towards my face.
Wait...what's he doing? Why is he so close to my face all of sudden? I could feel his presence so close to me, his classic scent of muted flowers and sharp freshness, intimidating my nerves. From the corner of my eye, I could see his eyes closely examining me. Then with a soft move, Jiyong carefully blew at my cut on my forehead. His chilly yet soft breath soothing the pain a bit. 
 

 

         "...you collapsed on the ground and hit your head." Jiyong said as he reached over to the bed stand to grab a band-aid. 
I felt his chest so close to my face when he leaned over. I swallowed and blinked hard. The room seemed unfamiliar, and too perfect. I guessed it was some sort of hotel. 
         Jiyong slowly placed a band-aid right on the cut and pat it gently. 
         He sighed, "there. You're okay now." I touched my forehead cautiously.
         I didn't want to move though. My head felt so comfortable on his lap and everything about this just felt so casual... If nothing had happened at all. But I knew that I had to. I couldn't stay on his lap, I couldn't pretend like nothing happened. We couldn't be together. 
         I lifted my head off his lap and tried to get up but Jiyong caressingly grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back down. I was facing directly up at his face. Jiyong looked as if he were examining me but then his lips gave off a small smile.
         "Not yet, we should still check if you're okay." 
         He held up his hand above my face, casting shadows and covering the light from my eyes.
 Jiyong held up two fingers, "How many fingers am I holding?"
       I frowned. "Two." 
He wiggled four fingers. "How many now?" Jiyong looked as if he was enjoying this.
       "Four."
       Jiyong held up all five fingers and kept moving his fingers so that the number changed. "What about now?" 
I wanted to smile, and laugh and giggle. I wanted to just jump up and kiss him right on his smiling lips. But instead I kept a straight face and sighed.
       Jiyong continuously moved his fingers around until my hand grabbed his wrist to stop him. 
       "Stop."  I said coldly and sat up. Jiyong tightened his lips and looked around the room awkwardly.
        "Why did you bring me here?" I asked with a whisper. I felt almost completely sober but my body felt jacked up. I couldn't even lift my arms. 
         Jiyong stood up and walked over to the small table with a small bottle of expensive liquor on it. "You're the one who called me." His voice went cold.
        "That's because-" I paused. Why did I call him anyways? 
Gosh Remi you idiot!
        "I-I...didn't mean to, sorry." I sighed.
Jiyong opened the liquor bottle and poured himself a glass halfway.
God he looked so handsome in his suit... So dashing and perfect. His buttons were ed at the top, revealing his slim and defined neck. His coal black hair was swiftly put up out of his cold greyish eyes. 
        I felt a chill down my spine and I wrapped my arms around me. My fingers immediately felt the fabric and realized what was wrong.
Wait a second...this wasn't what I was wearing.
        I had on a loosely fitting white button up shirt and I could feel that I only had on my bra inside. With a surprised look, I tightly wrapped my arms around me and shifted back a bit on the bed.
       "Don't worry, I didn't touch anything else. You just had some throw up on your shirt and figured you'd rather want to be clean when you sleep." Jiyong took a small sip of his drink and loosened his tie a bit.

 

         "I almost got caught because of you....In the middle of Hongdae, trying to carry a knocked out drunk girl." Jiyong walked over to the large window and let out a small laugh. Outside was pitch black except for the Seoul city lights sparkling brightly. 
         I looked down and grabbed at the sleeves of the shirt. "I'm sorry." I said.
         Jiyong paused for a moment and then turned back to face me. "That guy...you were with-"
         "He's my boyfriend." I said bluntly, cutting him off.
          "I didn't ask." Jiyong snapped and turned back around. The nape of his neck was so perfectly tense and I could see his reflection on the big window. His eyes grazed over and then looked down.
          Why was he doing this to me? Why did he have to make me feel like I wasn't of any importance at all? I used to be someone that he loved. And he was someone that I loved. We loved each other and understood each other. But why did he have to act like ing strangers now?!
         I in a deep breath and  closed my eyes. "How's it going with you...and her?"
         Jiyong took a large sip of his drink and swallowed it all down. He let the glass down on the table and grabbed his phone and keys off the table. Without even looking at me, as he slipped on his large sunglasses, he said, "I already paid for the room, so you can sleep here or you can leave now. I'll call you a taxi."
 
       He turned to face me but I couldn't see his eyes now. I couldn't tell if they were laughing or crying.
      "Just answer me. I just want to know. I-I won't call you anymore or talk to you anymore. I just...need to know." I said with a desperation in my voice.
 I probably looked stupid, dumb and pitiful but it was true. I needed to know. I needed confirmation that he was living well without me. That I could let go.
       Jiyong stopped moving and looked down. His hands that were wrapped around the handles of the door slowly slid down.
      "We're...doing great. She's...just the nicest person I've ever met. She's beautiful, and sweet and caring. She makes me laugh without even trying." Jiyong seemed so into what he was saying. His words easily flowed out of his mouth but his voice was soft and slow, as if he were thinking about everything he said. "...and I love her."
       I scoffed and laid down on the bed. My eyes not looking at him anymore but just aimlessly towards his direction. I felt my voice crack as a tear creeped out of my eye, giving me jabbing pain as it trickled down my face. "Did...you write a song for her?" I asked.
       Jiyong pulled his sunglasses down to the bridge of his nose and his eyes casted downwards and towards me. The silence was killing me. 
 

 

       Without saying anything, Jiyong pushed his sunglasses back up and opened the door to leave. When he left, he closed the door with a slam that seemed better than the silence he gave me. I slowly ed Jiyong's shirt that was on me and took it off. The room felt disturbingly cold and empty. I sat up on the bed and pulled my knees up to my face. 
       What he had given me was something more than an experience. Jiyong taught me love and hope and excitement of life. He had filled an empty void in me, full of love and happiness. But then now he left me nothing but a hole. An empty miserable hole that Jiyong had dug up and carried away, now festering with winter cold and shivering blood of torn up memories. Tears welled up in that empty hole.
 Jiyong had left a bang in my heart.