Chapter 36

A Bang In The Heart

 

"That's great then, we'd like you to come in Monday so you can get to meet your students." The principal of Jinha High school nodded at me.
       "Gamsahamnida! I'll see you Monday then." I smiled widely.
       Yes!! Finally I got hired as an English teacher at the school! That was one of the main reasons I came to Korea wasn't it? I loved to teach and I loved working with students. 
      The school was large and was an all girls high school. The atmosphere seemed studious yet lively with clamoring chatters of girls during their break times. Hm seemed like I was going to enjoy this place.
     I left the highschool and headed for the YG building. Today was the Forever Young tour meeting and this was where preparations would all begin. But most of all...where I could finally see him again. Jiyong had texted everynight and called me, even through his busy schedule with his photoshoots and promotions. But also they had finally finished the translations for the GD&YB album...and so they would be gone I. Two weeks back to Japan to promote it again. I wondered how long this would go on like this. Even though we lived on the same earth, under the same sky and breathed the same air, it was so hard to even see him. Mainly, I listened to his music everywhere I went...on the bus rides, while working part time and before I went to bed, just so I could somehow meet him in my dreams. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       "Ah Remi-ya!" I felt a light tap at my shoulder.
  I turned around to find Youngbae smiling brightly at me. His face looked renewed and happy. His usual SnapBack was tilted on his head and he wore a fitting chrome hearts T-shirt and comfy looking shorts.
       "Oppa! Annyeong, it's been a while huh?" I playfully pushed at his shoulder. It was strange...I should be feeling a bit awkward but I'm not. Youngbae looked as if nothing had happened between us and that necklace was nothing but just a memory. 
 
"Oh you're not late today!" I heard another voice from behind me. Daesung walked up to us and sat down in the chair next to us. He crossed his arms and smile. Daesung's ash blonde hair was now a faded brown which gracefully matched his wide soft smile.
      "Ah well, that was just one day! I'm usually pretty early with my time!" I laughed. That one day was the fateful day. 
      Daesung stretched his arms out wide, "Hyung, where are the others at?"
The usual meeting place was mostly empty. Just us and about six other people on the board of marketing administrators. 
     Taeyang flipped his hat up and smoothed it back down on his head, "Top hyung said he's on his way, Seungri...I don't know where the heck he is and Jiyong's stopping by the dentist, his tooth was chipped or something."
     I covered my mouth and held in a laugh. Chipped...oh wow.
Then all of sudden I heard loud noises coming from the hallway and Top and Seungri stampeded into the room.
The two panted loudly and tried to stop laughing.
     "Yah! I came out of the car first!" Top laughed goofily in his usual deep voice. Sweat glistened on his forehead and his eyes were dark and shiny with happiness. His dark brown hair was messily combed upwards and a pair of white framed glasses rested on his nose. 
     "Ani Hyung! That's... Not till you step into the building!" Seungri regained his composure and made gestures with his foot.
     Top paused and fixed his glasses on his nose, "Is that how it is? Anyways we're not the last ones so I'm good with it."
     Seungri looked excitedly at me, "Ah that's right! Jiyongie hyungs not here yet!"
 

 

Top laughed again and walked behind Daesung to massage his shoulders. 
     "Yah, when did you get here?" Top messed with Daesung's hair.
     Daesung moaned and rubbed his eyes, "Just now...the drama shooting ended so late last night. I'm so tired." 
     "Ah Jiyongie hyung...these days he's been slacking off, right hyung?" Seungri perked at Youngbae who was laughing something else behind Seungri. I saw what Youngbae was laughing at...It was Jiyong sneaking behind Seungri, just about to choke his neck.
     "Really though, he's been late and careless- ACK AHH AHH!!" 
Jiyong put his arms around Seungri's neck putting him in a head lock. 
     "Yah, why are you talking about me behind my back? Yah, say it to my face." Jiyong pulled seungri's face down to his side. Everyone in the room laughed.
     "Ah! Ah ah Hyung mi-an! Let me go!" Seungri pleaded loudly with a hint of laughter in his voice.
     Jiyong in all of this, looked up at me once and gave me a small sneaky smile. How was it that he got handsomer each day? 
      Yang hyun suk walked in with the rest of the meeting members and we began the meeting. 
      They talked mostly about the cities that were part of the tour and my main job was to inform the Bigbang members of each city and the right things to talk about. That was mainly it for me. As for the rest, it was mostly about the preparation schedules and the other people that they would have to meet to talk about the show. Before they would go on the US tour, Bigbang were to go to a few more shows and performances in Korea and Japan to satisfy their fans close at home.
The most interesting part of the meeting though was the little looks that Jiyong gave me during the talking. Everytime I looked up, he happened to look up. Everytime we locked eyes, we couldn't help but smile without not knowing how to stop.
 
I could tell that others were watching us carefully, especially Seungri and his curious beady eyes trying to catch any sign between us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     "Ah Remi-ya, did you leave your bag in the recording room last night?" Jiyong asked me after the meeting was over. 
     What? I wasn't even in the building this whole week. But I could see Jiyong's bright eyes and playful smile encouraging me to go on with this that I couldn't resist but join in.
    "Oh...yea, I think so!" 
    "Yea I found It upstairs, here I'll show you." Jiyong casually led me out of the crowd of people standing around. I followed him quietly upstairs but instead we went in to one of the less used recording rooms. 
    After closing the door behind us, Jiyong gave me a tight smile and leaned his back on the door.
    "Ah oppa! Did I tell you? I got hired to become a teacher!" I said excitedly.
Jiyong smiled showing his teeth and gave me a genuinely happy look, "That's great, that's really good!" I grabbed at his hands and pulled him closer to me.  
    "I know...it's been so long."
    "So long since you had a job or so long since you seen me?" 
    I laughed in content, "Both."
Jiyong leaned in to give me a quick swift kiss and we both smiled because we knew that this was the main reason why we were here.
    "So when...are you going to tell the other members about um..this?" I asked.
     Jiyong thoughtfully looked up, "Well... I don't want any of them to steal you, so never?"

 

     "No I'm serious!" I pouted.
Jiyong laughed and gave a thoughtful moan, "Uhhhhh....maybe soon. If Seungri doesn't find out about before that."
      I giggled and Jiyong wrapped his arms around my waist, so close to me, almost as if we had never separated at all.
Then all of sudden, the door burst open and out spilled all of them out in order. Seungri, Daesung, Top and then Youngbae.
     "Yah, Why the heck did you even hold down the handle?!" Top scolded Seungri in a frustrated voice.
      "Ani Daesungie hyung was pushing on me and my hand just happened to be there!! That wouldn't be my fault!" Seungri protested.
     "Hul, aren't you being cocky today?" Youngbae pulled at Seungri's shirt.
What had been such a quiet and romantic room was abruptly filled with shouting and awkwardness. This whole time, Jiyong's arms were still on my waist and my face so close to his. But Jiyong didn't push me away out of reflex, he still kept me close to him.
     The four stopped and looked at us in surprise. Seungri's eye brows were raised and his face was smiling. In fact everyone was smiling.
    "So you two are dating!! I was right!" Seungri shouted out in joy with his fist celebrating in the air.
    "Jinjjaro*? Are you two really going out for real?" Daesung asked with his eyebrows raised. 
Jiyong and I just laughed because we had no idea what to say.
    "This...is this serious?" Top asked.
Jiyong paused for a moment and looked up thoughtfully again at the ceiling. After a few seconds, his bright gleaming eyes locked with mine and he leaned down at my lips and kissed me passionately.
------------
*jinjjaro- for real?
----------
 
      We heard rowdy "Woooooaaaah"s from Seungri and Daesung. Jiyong broke off and gleamed at them, "I think....so?" I blushed severely as I felt my cheeks flush hotness all over me.
      Youngbae all of sudden clapped his hands furiously with a dance, "Congratulations~congratulations" He sang rhythmically in English.
      Top pat Jiyong's shoulder and smiled at me, "Good for you."
"Then do I have to call you Jesushi* now?" Seungri joked.  (Jesushi- sister- in law)
     "Yah already Jesushi?" Youngbae swung his arm around Seungri's shoulder.
     "Ahh lucky" Daesung laughed brightly.
"Then should we go out to drink tonight?" Top asked excitedly, pushing his glasses up.
     "We can't drink now, lets just go eat out tonight. Since we're all gathered here already. Who knows when we'll be back together again." Daesung shrugged.
     Jiyong reached down and grabbed my hand and gave a tight squeeze.
"Remi-ya, what do you want to do? Risk the drinking or just go eat?"
     I grinned, "Let's get drunk for once." 
~~~~~~~~~~~
     The night was filled with laughter and jokes. It seemed as if I was a part of them and everything fit together perfectly. I really love it all...and most of all I really loved Jiyong. 
He still looked nervous but kept me close to him, his arm always around my waist or holding my hand tightly.
~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Remi-ya, you should definitely come with us!" Yumi unnie pulled out a few things from under the big boxes.
    "Ah noona, so Ji-eun noona can't go?" Jiyong scratched his head.
    Yumi shook her head and closed the box, "She said she has to go to her sister's wedding. So come Remi!"
    "W-What is it exactly?" I asked nervously.
    "Seoul fashion night out. I'm going but Yumi noona has to come and the other stylist noona can't go." Jiyong touched the earring on his ear.

 

Fashion night out? In Seoul? But isn't that where models and famous people go? What would I be doing there?
     "I-I don't know... I'm not even a model or anything." I hesitated.
     "I'm not a model but I'm going, relax, you're only going as my friend." Yumi smiled.
     I sighed and looked at Jiyong who gave me a shrugged look.
     "B-But I don't even know what to wear-"
     "Yah, you'd look beautiful in a potato sack" Yumi flinched and snarled at me.
     I gave a weak smile and Jiyong stood up straight next to me, tucking my hair behind my ears. "You don't have to worry about that."