Chapter 79: last chapter

A Bang In The Heart

 

        *Youngbae's Point of View*
"Hurry hurry, go get changed." Yumi noona, the stylist, lightly pushed me into the changing room. I could hear the muted sound of Daesung singing his solo.
       I quickly got dressed into the next outfit and rushed out. 
Where was Jiyong? I had to find him now.
      "Noona, where is Jiyong?" I asked Yumi noona as soon as I saw her.
      Yumi brushed her hair with her fingers, "The doctor's seeing him right now. I don't think they'll let him perform any longer. The drug side effects are making him dizzy." 
      I rushed out of the room and ran around looking inside the other room to find Jiyong.
It wasn't fair. Why did I always had to be the one to give? Why did Jiyong have have to get the one girl that I loved so much? And now why...why did I have to help him get her back?
     Dong Youngbae...Aishh you. Why do you always have to be the nice guy?
If I didn't tell Jiyong, then it would be good for me. If I couldn't get the girl I wanted, then he shouldn't too. But Jiyong was my best friend and a brother to me. We had been side by side for so long and even now. I cared about him as much as I cared about Remi.
      If I didn't tell him now...then he could probably never find her again. And it would be my fault. 
         I wiped the sweat off my brow and continued to run around, looking for Jiyong. 
         Weeks before, I had found a ring that was left in the studio. It was Jiyong's for sure. I remembered him always wearing it on his ring finger as if it were his wedding ring. A cheap fake metal ring that looked like it came from a toy vending machine. And I had seen Remi wearing the same design of a ring on her ring finger. It was their ring. 
But now the ring was in my hand. My hand was tightly gripped around it as if any slight shove could rip it out of my hands.
          I'm sorry Remi...I really wanted to keep you safe but this promise is hurting both of you and hurting me. Promises are made to be broken, so that they can be made again with an even stronger bond, right?
         The next room that I reached had Jiyong in it. He was lying down on a sofa seat with a hand over his face. His eyes were closed and there was a painful frown on on his forehead. A lady was right next to him taking his pulse on his other arm. 
         "He can't go on today, the drug side effects are coming back up again." The lady told me. 
         "Jiyong-ah." I ignored the lady and took Jiyong's hand off of his face. He opened his eyes and they focused up at the ceiling. 
          "You can't leave, you have to stay." I said pleadingly.
          Jiyong blinked and then looked at me. His eyes were blank and empty as if his mind was empty as well. 
          "He shouldn't stay, he needs to get some rest-" The lady persisted.
          "No, Jiyong you have to stay-" I began to say but I realized something. Jiyong wasn't listening to me. 

 

        Jiyong's breathing was slow and steady and his eyes began to slowly close. The sweat on his forehead glistened reflecting off the light.
       "He's getting dizzy, he can't focus" the lady explained
I leaned down to shake him. "Yah, wake up you bastard. You can't leave...you can't. T-There's...Remi." I looked down at my fidgeting hands and then back up at him.
      Jiyong slowly opened his eyes and turned his head to face me. 
      "R-Remi...?" He whispered and his eyes began to water. The color in his pupils returned and something seemed to light up inside of him.
      It wasn't fair...I wanted Remi myself...but I couldn't put Jiyong through this pain. Just like that day when Remi broke down in front of me. I had to tell her.
      I slightly laughed and shook his shoulder. "Yeah, that's right. Remi." I grabbed his fist and opened it up. Placing the ring in his palm, I wrapped his fingers around it.
     I couldn't bear to see him like this anymore, so hopeless and like a robot, working endlessly as if life depended on it, as if he had lost all hope in the world. 
     Jiyong sat up and rubbed his eyes. His face grew stern and dark. "Don't bring her up. Just don't." 
     I shook my head. "She loves you Jiyong. She always have and still does." 
     "She's loves someone else." His voice grew cold and blunt.
     "Remi needs you right now." I responded quickly.
         Jiyong's fist tightened even tighter and his eyes grew more watery as he glared at me.
         "She doesn't ing need me! She has someone else!" Jiyong shouted at me.
         I yelled back "She's pregnant!-"
       Jiyong stood up and gave me a vicious look. "You don't think I ing know that? Youngbae-ya! She doesn't need me-"
         "IT'S YOUR BABY! SHE'S PREGNANT WITH YOUR BABY!" I finally shouted out. The whole room seemed to grow dangerously quiet.
        Jiyong raised his eyebrows and his mouth slightly opened. The pupils of his eyes were full and large. His body trembled violently and the ring fell out of his grasp. When the ring hit the floor, a loud clink emanated from the fall and everything grew silent.
        "W-What?" He asked almost innocently. His eyes were wide and b with tears.
        I wiped the sweat off of my face again. Screw the make up. 
         "The baby...Remi's baby is yours. She only told you it wasn't because she didn't want to be in your way." 
        Jiyong's eyes blinked rapidly and looked around the room. I could tell he was trying so hard to take in what I had just said. 
        "Youngbae, come on, Heaven is going to come on in two minutes. Jiyong can't perform." One of the concert directors called out for me. 
Already Heaven? That was the last song of the concert.
       "Jiyong-ah, she needs you. Remi needs you. She's here tonight." I said.
Jiyong grabbed his hair and grimaced as he looked around.

 

       "I-I have to...I-I-" Jiyong began to walk unsteadily out of the room. The lady tried to grab him but he was determined to go. He stumbled over his foot and almost fell but he continued to walk.
        "Youngbae, you have to go now." The producer called out for me again in an even more stern voice. 
        I nodded and saw Jiyong's stumbling body one last time. Then I leaped out and ran to the stage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       *Remi's POV*
       "Huh? Where's GD? Where did he go?" The girls next to me confusedly asked each other as the final song "Heaven" came on.
        The girls were right...where was Jiyong? He was gone from the stage, only four of them were on. 
         But nonetheless, the song was perfectly executed by just the four of them. Youngbae filled in some of Jiyong's part and Top rapped in a few lines. The song seemed very short though because soon it was all over. The lights went dim and the members began to say their goodbyes.
       Where was Jiyong? I had to see him one last time.... I just had to!
       I felt tears drip down from my face to my sweating neck. My breathing became raspy from all the screaming. The girls next to me were already bawling with their face in their hands. 
The lights suddenly bursted on and a rusty pink light glowed on the stage . The deafening noise of the crowd leveled up a notch as soon as a soft song came on. 
       Wait a second....this song...sounded so familiar.
         Through the piercing noise of the crowd, I could hear the soft melodic piano chords come through overlaying the smooth beat of the drums. 
     Almost instantly, a smile was plastered on my face. But it was a nervous smile. What was going on? I couldn't really see because everyone began to jump up to see too.
      This song...was the song that was on Jiyong's MP3 player. The song titled "let me love you"! 
How- No why was this song playing?! I insanely looked around me and then back up at the stage. What really was going on?!
       "Is that GD?!! That's him?!" The girls next to me yelled loudly. I cringed at the intensity of the screams around me.
        Jiyong? Where was he? Jiyong's voice lightly came on rapping his part, but it wasn't his live voice, it was the voice that was already in the song.
        Finally I had a view of the stage once a few people in front of me moved just a bit. Jiyong was slowly walking on the stage to the center and the rest of the members walked behind him. I was sweating endlessly and my knees were weak.   
        "Everyone...thank you all for coming today." I heard a recognizable voice speak in smooth English. It obviously was Jiyong. The way his words blended in together along to a certain beat.
 I covered my ears as the crowd screamed loudly.
          No he couldn't...couldn't know that I was here right? It was impossible. I shook my head at the thought and tried to smile it off.

 

          "But I have something to say here to you guys. And I hope you...would understand." Jiyong rubbed his eyes and walked forward to the edge of the stage. 
           Oh my god. Could it get any louder? Hundreds of girls around me pushed and shoved as hard as they could just to get a closer look. I frowned as I felt myself being shoved too harshly. My hand automatically covered my stomach and grabbed someone's shoulder by accident.
        But wait, what did he just say? 
        Jiyong jumped down from the stage and the shoving got worse.
"I have someone...that I love. And I love her very much." His voice rolled off and echoed into my ear.
Jiyong closed his eyes and looked down. It looked like he was crying and then he wiped the tears off with his arms.
      "HE'S CRYING?!! SOMEONE HE LOVES?! WHO?! WHAT?!" I heard several screams from here and there.
I didn't realize what he had just said until my brain could fully take it in.
       "Remi, I know you're here! I know you're listening." Jiyong shouted over the crowd.
       My entire body froze. WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? Don't tell me he just said Remi. No, he must have said something different. Demi. He said Demi. Or lemi? No not Remi, he said Lemi.
Even from far away, I could see Jiyong come through in between the crowd in the mosh pit. The security guards lined up ahead of him, helping him make his way through.
I felt burning hot and my hands began to tremble, making me drop my crown light stick.
         Jiyong's angelic but unsteady voice began to crack up as he cried. "Baby...I-I can't tell you how much...how sorry I am. I-I'm so sorry.."
      Jiyong's mouth was gaping open as he took heavy gasps of air and he blinked hard to take away his tears. He was just about twenty feet away from me. I could feel him already. The light on him was radiating, giving me cold chills all over.
       He looked so lost in the crowd, trying so hard to look for someone...to look for me. Tears pooled out of my eyes as I realized what was going on. He was looking for Remi. For me. 
      I can't do this...oppa. You're killing me. 
The security guards forced back the crazy fans just wishing to get a touch of GD as he walked on. My body was frozen and my eyes were completely fixated on him. My mind told me so many things, to stay and to leave but my feet were glued to the ground.
      Jiyong let out a frustrated growl and wiped his tears. "Remi, I can't live without you! I can't breathe without you! I-I can't...." 
One turn of his face and his eyes locked onto mine. Jiyong...saw me.
      His body froze and his face was blank but his pupils grew wide. The light was blinding on him and the entire place was just going crazy. 
But all I heard now was complete silence. Just a tranquile silent place where all I saw was him and all he saw was me. Everything around us muted and blurred out into a soft pink. 
Was this some sort of dream? The tears crystallized my vision and even the darkness around me was the whitest light in the world. 

 

     Jiyong's lips lightly mouthed the words, "I...can't love without you."
He furiously pushed his way through the crowd, ahead of the security guards. And almost magically, a path created right in between us. Then all of sudden, I felt my feet began to run by themselves, running straight towards him. 
     I leapt into his arms and he held me up as if I was the most delicate yet loved person that he treasured most in the whole world. My tears drizzled down my face and lost control of their destination. The light on us was blinding but warm on our heads. Jiyong lightly caressed my head to take a good long look at me. His handsome keen eyes twinkled in reflection of the lights and his perfect poised lips slightly turned to lock with mine. 
      How could a kiss be so wonderful? This wasn't just some kiss...it was something that I had yearned for all this time, from when I fell in love with him. This kiss told me that nothing could ever come between us now. Because we had already jumped over those mountains. His lips delicately danced over mine as I felt the white light put us in a trance. 
        He pulled back and a weak broken smile came up on his trembling lips. "D-Don't you ever run away from me again." Jiyong's eyes were shaky but he tried his best to keep focus. Yep, he was definitely on drugs though.
    A stupid pitiful laugh choked up through my crying and I kissed him hard again. "I don't think I can, I-I'm sorry I lied." My breathing was heavy because of my relentless sobbing.
       Jiyong looked down at my tummy and gently placed his hand over it. His face was literally in awe as he went down on his knees so that he could kiss it. I felt my cheeks flush bright red and I could feel twenty thousand eyes watching me at this moment but I didn't care. They were all muted out at the moment. 
Jiyong's shiny blond locks and prince like outfit made him look like Prince Charming...and I was the princess. This couldn't be real, it was too good to be true.
         Everything I had been trying to avoid had come back for me. I left them away from me as if they were an unripened fruit but little did I know that they would come back as something much more. I was right, if love was meant to be, it would always come back, no matter what the circumstances.
       He didn't bother to stand up and instead kept down on one knee. His fingers brushed over my hand as leaned into closely kiss the back of it.
       Looking up at me with clear eyes that said he could lead me through rain or shine, mountain or ditch, love or hate, he smiled nervously but with sincereness. His handsomeness and charm couldn't be any more above then at that moment. His eyes sparkled with brilliance and real love. The whole world was watching and the lights beamed at us with intentions of burning.
And then as if this whole moment had been staged, Jiyong with his perfect thin lips laced the words, "Kwon Remi...Will you marry me?"
         My answer to the question automatically whispered out of my heart. 
He ruined my heart. Killed it, dug it, burnt it, stopped it but most of all...gave it something that made it all worth while...love. 
Jiyong gave me a bang in my heart.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~

That is the last chapter! Thank you all for reading "A Bang In the Heart"! I will be doing a TOP fanfic next and it is called "Topposites Attract"! Hope you read it! If you liked it, please leave a comment below or up vote this fic as a tip for me :)