Chapter 30

A Bang In The Heart

 

     Jiyong's bright eyes stared directly at me. We were both standing up, holding on to the hand railings as people uncomfortably crowded us. Jiyong looked incredibly uncomfortable. There were a few teenage girls in their school uniforms next to me, with G-dragon as their cellphone wallpaper and Jiyong automatically squirmed.
     Giving him a small smile, I mouthed the words, "Mianhae". An angry looking ahjumma continuously stared at Jiyong and I could tell he was trying so hard not to look at her. Behind his glasses, his eyes winced and focused completely on me. Oh god, why did we take the subway?
~~~~~~~~
      Lotte world was one of the most coolest places I had ever gone to. It was a huge theme park indoors and outdoors with so many people hustling about. There were many different types of rides and different types of food along with different types of things to buy. So many things to do but so easy to get lost in. We decided to go in the outdoor portion of the park to enjoy the nice weather and get some fresh air after the stuffy ride. All this time, Jiyong held my hand tightly and never let go once. Even though he had to keep his face covered, he still took the lead and led me out of the thickest of the crowds.
       What bothered me though, was that from the corner of my eye, I could see his manager hyung following us and watching our every move.
Jiyong saw that I looked troubled and then looked awkwardly behind us.
 
"Is he still following us?" Jiyong asked as he squeezed my hand tightly.
    I nodded and tried to look again from the corner of my eye. 
    "...should we lose him?" Jiyong put down his white mask to reveal a grin at his lips.
    "But isn't that bad? Don't you still need someone to watch over you?" 
    "I'm not a little kid...besides I have you." The sun reflected over his glasses and his eyes twinkled.
     "Are you sure about this?" I asked hesitantly.
     "He needs the exercise anyways" Jiyong looked behind us one more and held my hand up. "Ready? On one...two..."
     "THREE!!" I yelled with a laugh and we lunged through the heavy crowd. His hand tightly locked with mine pulled me along as we weaved through the endless groups of couples, little children and their parents and teenagers. It was exciting to take in all of our surroundings as we tried keep up our heavy breathing. The warm sun generously coated us with confidence and kept us energized. Jiyong, whenever he looked back to me to make sure I was following along well, smiled brightly with all of his teeth showing. He was really shining like a star.
    I felt eyes watching us as we ran but I couldn't care less about that. I was having fun and he was having fun. 
    We finally stopped by one of the water rides and panted harshly through our infinite laughter. 
    "How is it that..." Jiyong put his hands on his knees, "...whenever Im with you...we're always running?!" 
    "It's not me! You make my heart run too much!!" I said in a deep breath. It was true, he made my hear run, physically and emotionally.

 

     After finally catching our breath, Jiyong grabbed my hand again and looked at me with a smile. The sun stood behind him, blinding my eyes but I was sure that I saw a small wink accompanying his smile.
     "You ready to have fun?" He pulled at my hand, bringing me close to him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      It was such a fantasy filled day. Every ride we went on, it was incredibly enjoyable, the food we ate were just excitingly good and the weather seemed to be on our good side as it continued to be a beautifully golden sunny day. We got wet on the water rides, dry on the merry go rounds and crazy on the roller coasters.
     And all this time, Jiyong never once took his eyes away from me. In the lines waiting for the rides, he put his arms locked around my waist from behind and kept me close to him. I could always feel his smile on his lips even from his face snuggling into my hair. People around looked at us from our exposing skin-ship* but they didn't pay too much attention.  This was too amazing...almost like a dream. 
      The sun was beginning to set and the sky was turning into a faded pink color of blushing cheeks. I could see white airplane streaks artistically drawn against the pretty colors. We were slowly walking and heading back to the entrance but we took our time to relax and soak in the atmosphere around us, and each other. Jiyong and I swung our hands back and forth playfully. He looked so much better than this morning. He looked human.
      "I've always wanted to do something like this" Jiyong wiggled his fingers.
      "Like what?" I innocently asked.
------------
*Skin-ship- intimate touching (even hugging)
-----------
 
 
       "Being able to come at a places like this but as myself. If I could just dress up as me without a hat or a wig and people around us would just go, 'Oh that's G-dragon, he's a cool guy.' But they wouldn't come up to me for signatures or pictures."
I listened attentively with the little shouts of children and light music playing faintly in the background. Jiyong's voice was soft and relaxed. 
      "Don't get me wrong, I love fans. But sometimes..." Jiyong looked down, "Sometimes I just want to be able to do stuff like this once in a while." 
       I grinned kindly at him and nodded. 
      "Ever since we debuted, me and the members, we couldn't even go anywhere without wearing clothes that covered our face or we had to go at midnight. It really ." He sighed and looked around comfortably.
      Jiyong fixed his glasses and smiled again. "...but then again, I chose this path, and if I didn't, I wouldn't have been able to do all the things I could as G-Dragon...get so much support for what I love doing, perform in so many different places, meet so many different people....and meet you" 
      I giggled at the seriousness but also the cuteness of his last comment. "Ahh Oggle*" 
      "I'm being serious right now Remi!" Jiyong snapped pointing a wiggly finger at me.
      I quickly closed my mouth and tried not to laugh.
------------
*oggle- (oh-gul) when you hear something cheesy and makes you squirm.
----------
 
     "Ah there's other thing I've been really wanting to do too." Jiyong exclaimed.
     "What's that?" I asked nonchalantly as I looked up at him and smiled.
     Jiyong all of sudden stopped walking and turned to face me. With the other hand that wasn't holding mine, he caressed my waist gently and pulled me close to him. I couldn't see anything else but him and only him.
Everything around me blurred in golden and pink flurry spots.
    "...this." Jiyong's eyes gleamed. All in a quick move, he tilted his face and moved in towards my lips to kiss me. I felt his arm around my waist pulling me in closer within his body and my arms automatically wrapped around his neck. Everything felt so light yet so heavy. Through my closed eyelids, I felt the warm leaving sun saying goodbye as it left a golden shine on us. But I also felt the nascent moon beginning to reveal itself to make sure that we would still have a light on us. The sounds of children yelling and the indie rock band playing in the background muted out so I could hear soft chimes accompanying the song played by our lips. Jiyong pressed further on my lips and so I did the same. Kissing in public...was this what he wanted to do? If so, he was doing it so well.
As we parted, we heard a few cheering whistles and claps. Jiyong automatically cocked his head down in surprise and I felt myself blushing.
       I grabbed his hand and led him out of the crowd. Jiyong's phone suddenly rang and he reached in his pocket to pick it up.
       "Ah hyung, mianhae....okay, we'll be there right now." Jiyong turned off his phone and looked seriously at me. "Manager hyung said that he's coming towards the entrance so we should wait there."
      ~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     When we finally arrived at the indoor entrance, we couldn't find him there. There was no sign of Jiyong's manager but just people walking about. We stood around until I spotted a photo booth.
     Pointing at the photobooth, I raised my eyebrows up and down with a curious smile. Jiyong smiled back and pulled me inside the booth. 
     The booth itself was small and dark except for the pinkish glow from the screen.
      "Ahhshh, this wig is killing me!" Jiyong pulled off his hang and wig frustratedly and messed his fingers through his blonde hair.
After picking out the settings and the frames, we took a series of pictures.
      "Aegyo*, aegyo!!" Jiyong quickly said as he puffed up his cheeks before the camera flashed. I followed exactly what he did and he pushed his cheek against mine.
      "Yah, that's not aegyo!" Jiyong said as he put his hands into a fist and put it against my cheeks, "Ppuing* Ppuing~, that's aegyo!" 
      "Then you do it!"
      "Ahh why am I even doing this!?" Jiyong laughed as he grabbed his stomach. The camera flashed.
      I put my fist up to my cheeks and did the same, "Ppuing Ppuing!" Jiyong pulled my fist that was closest to his face down and landed a kiss right on my cheek. The camera flashed. 
       Turning my face to him, I puckered my lips and gave him a big smooch on his. The camera flashed. 
 We put our final touches on the pictures by writing on them, "Remi is mine" and "Jiyong is yours" on them. The whole process was filled with giggles and laughter.
 -------------
*aegyo- Actin' all cute and whatnot. 
*Ppuing Ppuing- a specified act of aegyo. YouTube it if you really don't know.
--------------
 
      Jiyong stretched his arms as he walked out of the booth. I quickly looked into the results bin to pull out the actual photos. 
      "Kyahh they came out nicely!" I showed him the pictures and admired them. I ripped along the lines to give him half and Jiyong examined them.
 "Hey, why does mine look darker than yours?" Jiyong whined.
       "What are you talking about? It's exactly the same-"
"No it's not, give me that one." He pulled at my half as he ran his fingers through his blonde hair. Wait... His blonde hair?? 
       "Oppa! Your wig-"
"AHHH!! It's Kwon Jiyong!!" 
       We both turned around to find two teenage girls with cellphones tightly wrapped around their hands. I looked at Jiyong and his face was startled, almost scarred. As the girls scampered around, more and more people started to take notice and they crowded closer like ants over crumbs. 
      Jiyong immediately pushed me away and mouthed words at me, "Remi-ya, go! hurry go!!"
      I hesitantly looked around and jerked my head down. Already, I could hear people clamoring and hustling about. The phones came out and started to flash. The police attendants flew over in a storm to push back the crowd. Finally after several steps, I was out of the crowd and when I looked back, I couldn't see him anymore but just a massive wave of people ramming in closely. Even though he only mouthed it, I could still hear his voice in the distance calling my name. 
     Then I heard it. A flash close to my ear. And then multiple flashes. My head swung back down and I covered my face as most as could. An obnoxious voice bombarded me like a gun. 
     "Miko Kazuhara san! Was that G-dragon you were just with??!!"