Chapter 67

A Bang In The Heart

 

      I sighed as I leaned my back on the door and I could smell his fresh scent on his shirt. How did this even happen?
I couldn't even remember everything that happened last night. But I did know that Jiyong did come to me last night. And he was real.
      Sua's room clicked open and Sua walked out as she yawned loudly with her arms stretched out in the air. There were obvious deep dark circles underneath her eyes.
      I jumped towards her and grabbed her hands. I was in such a good mood. "Sua! Good morning!!"
     Sua's eyes glared at me with red fire. " you". She growled.
     "What's wrong?" I asked innocently. Oh wait. I dropped her camera...probably broke it.
     She rubbed her eyes and went to the kitchen to get a cup of water.
      "Oh I don't know. Just so you know, my insurance doesn't cover the broken camera." 
      I went over to her and gave her a tight hug. "Sua! I'm sorry!! But last night-"
     Sua pried my arms off her and gave a soft smile. "I know! I know!! I...heard you. I heard you and Jiyong oppa real well last night." 
    Heard...? Heard us? I immediately covered my mouth and raised my eyebrows.
      "Yeah. Exactly. How long did you guys do it? It seemed like you didn't sleep at all." Sua sat down and rubbed her eyes.
         "You could hear us!?" I asked nervously.
        Sua scratched the back of her neck, "How the heck do you think I got these dark circles?"
        I giggled as I thought about last night. Even just by thinking about him, my lips gave off unusual smiles.
       "I'm sorry." I said through my giggles.
       But I knew that my happiness could only last for so long. This would all fade away once I went back to reality. Reality where I couldn't be with him.
Later that day, I walked out to the front lawn area to look for something that I had thrown away. The ring that he gave me. That crappy fake ring from the 500 won toy vending machines. And to my surprise...it was still there. There were barely any traces of rust or molting. Maybe it was real after all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       Sajangnim had accordingly made plans so that I couldn't teach Jiyong, but only the rest of the members. 
      Daesung looked at me after reading the notes that I had written for him. "Wait, Remi, how do you say.."
      His warm voice faded away as soon as I saw Jiyong walk out of the hallway and into the lounge area that we were in. 
His flawless strawberry blond hair was hung down ily over his eyes. The cream colored complexion of his perfectly complemented his greyish eyes.
 
When he saw me, his face lit up instantly and it was so obvious that he was trying to suppress a smile.
 Jiyong lifted his eyebrows as he talked to Daesung, "Ah Daesung-ah, you were here?" It seemed as if he was asking that question to me.
       "Yeah hyung, what are you doing here?" Daesung looked up.
       Jiyong spoke slowly to Daesung but his eyes kept glancing at me, "I just...needed to come for Teddy hyung. He asked me to check out a remix for one of the tracks."
      Daesung nodded understandingly. "Hyung, we're leaving tomorrow night right?" 
Tomorrow night? That means they would go to the states again and I wouldn't be able to see Jiyong for a long time. I felt my eyes immediately sadden. 
       Jiyong looked at me warily, "Yeah...uhh, Daesung-ah..."
       I looked down sadly.
       "...I'm gonna have to steal Remi from you. We umm need to talk." Jiyong said. 
I lifted my head to find a confused Daesung, "W-What? We're in the middle of a less-"
      Jiyong walked towards me and grabbed at my arm, pulling me up from my seat.
       "Hyung! Why are you stealing my teacher?" Daesung said as he laughed. Jiyong kept a composed face as he pulled me away from Daesung.
 

 

       I let Jiyong take control of me as I saw Daesung's face get even more confused. "H-Hyung! That's my teacher!" 
But I knew he was just playing around. Jiyong led me into one of the empty studio room and closed the door behind him.
There was a sadden look on his face as he focused his eyes on the ground.
       I got close to him and touched his face so that he could look at me.
There were contacts in his eyes so there was a beautiful translucent ring of crystal blue around his pupil, making him look even more mysterious.
      "Oppa, you're leaving tomorrow?" I said as my fingers brushed over his smooth stubble less jaw. This feeling still felt raw to me, it's been so long since I've even been able to be with him.
      Jiyong's eyes grazed over to me and he instantly smiled to cover up his sadness.
     "Yeah, we're going to California for five shows..." Jiyong gave me a quick but sweet peck on my lips. "Don't worry babe, I'll be back...soon." There was a hesitation in his voice when he spoke. Jiyong pulled a strand of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear.
     I forced an understanding smile as I knew it wouldn't be soon. There was a pain in my heart and it hurt as I tried to look happy for him.
     "You look pretty today." Jiyong said out of the blue as he brushed fake dust off my shoulders. 
     I looked down at my outfit. A casual white tee with black jeans...and Reeboks. Reeboks. With the straps. What was he talking about? I looked like crap.
    I looked back up at him and a laugh escaped out of my mouth.
    "You can't be serious, I just woke up and came here!" 
    "You're always pretty Remi." Jiyong tapped my nose with his finger and placed his arm around my shoulder. 
    I looked up at him and frowned. "Why can't we just...run away?"
Jiyong laughed out loud and responded, "I'm not gonna run! You can run, I'll just...ride a bike or something." 
Lame joke but at the moment, it was pretty hilarious.
     I pouted. "You know what I'm talking about." 
     Jiyong smiled sheepishly and leaned into give me a sudden long kiss on my lips. When he pulled back, he leaned by my ear and whispered, "How about we run away from here...just for today?"