Chapter 23

A Bang In The Heart

 

We were soaked to the bone. Even though the hoodie covered me pretty well, the rain seeped through our entire body, weaving through every crevice of our body, leaving us sopping wet with heavy rain water. 
      After several slips and the endless laughing that came after it, we finally arrived at our musty dark duplex. Never once did our hands part, they were attached by a stronger force than the distracting rain. The air was moist but I could see white steam from our mouths from the chilliness around us.
       We were both panting hard and laughing hard. It was hard to do both at the same time but we couldn't stop. It was just natural
       Jiyong clasped his stomach and leaned against the wall, "Ahh that was the first time I've ever done that!!" 
       "Oppa you were going too fast!" I whined.
       "I thought I was gonna..." He took off his soaked hat and shook his hair to tuck it neatly behind his ears. Jiyong's joyful smile and his slick hair made him look like...a little boy, a normal happy boy. His smile was real and full of excitement. "...die." He finished with a smirk.
        He jammed his key into the door and pushed it open with a forced grunt. Jiyong backed up to let me in first and then came in, closing the door behind me.
        "Yah, wait here." He shook off the excess water as much as he could and ran into his bathroom. Jiyong came out with two large bath towels and a white bathrobe. 
 He handed me the towel and opened up the bathrobe and hung it over my shoulders.
 
  I took the towel and dried my face and pat down my wet hair. Jiyong wrapped his towel around over his shoulders and pat down his face.
Oh why did he have look like he was filming a commercial for Maybelline? The luminescence of his face reflected from the room light made his face look soft and angelic. His hair neatly behind his ears and his perfect skin made him look so spiffy yet so...y. 
Jiyong looked up at me and pointed at my face with a silly smile.
     "Yah, your eyes." He covered his mouth and tried to hold in a laugh.
    My...eyes? I gently touched my eye area with my fingers and looked at it. Blackish water trickled down my fingers and down my arm. 
    Holy crap. My mascara!! Why?!  Oh why did I not wear waterproof today?!
    I immediately covered my face with the towel and breathed out deeply.
      "It's okay, you look umm kind of cute" I heard Jiyong's voice come closer to me. "It doesn't look that-" He pulled the towel back down from my face and broke out in a loud laugh. 
       "Ahh oppa!!~" I whined almost too happily.
      He swallowed hard and tried not to look at me with a composed look, "Remi, you should shower, you might get a cold." 
      Shower... Here? Here where he showers? Shower...with him?
No!! Of course not with him you idiot! God what the hell is wrong with your erted mind? I shook my head at the thought.
        "What are you doing?" Jiyong laughed lightly, "Just go hurry up, I gotta take one too." 
        He pushed me into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

 

The bathroom tiles were a navy sea blue color with few homey touches in it. The furry white mat and the bath towels hung up gave it softer feel contrasting the cold image of the bathroom. There was a razor and a shaving cream bottle on the sink along with a simple yellow and white tooth brush and other items. A nice big mirror outlined the wall above the sink.
  So...he gets here? Oh my god, Remi! Stop it you creep! I slapped my face gently with both hands and looked in the mirror. 
I looked ridiculous. Black streams of rain stained my face in lines from my eyes and I looked almost like a panda. No wonder he couldn't stop laughing.
     I stripped the soaked layers of heavy clothing off me and jumped in the shower. I hot water and let the warmth sink into my body. I used his shampoos and his hair conditioners, which I now realized where he got his scent from. I took in the relaxed and amazing feeling that my body could absorb and sighed deeply. What was I even doing here? This had to be one of the craziest things I've ever done. Running tirednessly in the rain and showering in not only just someone's house but one of the biggest celebrities there was! 
      Then I realized there was something missing in this whole equation. I have no clothes to wear.
Wearing the white bathrobe and my hair wrapped in the already damp towel, I peeked my head outside through a small crack. 
      The water was running on the sink by the stove and I heard the sound of dishes clanging against each other.
 I guessed that he was washing dishes.
 
I stuck my head out further and tried to keep a balance without making any noise. What should I do? Ask him?? I don't know what-
     "Ahhhh!!"
     My hand which was grabbing on to the door knob twisted and I fell off balance straight out of the bathroom. My wet foot slipped on the hardwood floor and I landed hard on my side. The pain shot up through the side of my bone and a cold aftershock left me a loud "owww".
     Jiyong immediately turned around when he heard and ran over to me when he slipped just like I did on the little puddle I made with my wet self. He landed quite close to me, but almost too close.
      "Ouuchhh..." Jiyong moaned rubbing his side with a pained look on his face. 
       The bathrobe was loosened from my hectic fall and it left my cleavage slightly exposed, but I didn't know that until I realized Jiyong was looking straight at me. Or straight at...my s. 
       "Uhhh" He made a small guttural sound blinked rapidly as he bit his lips.
       I awoke from my frozen state and immediately covered up wrapping the bathrobe tightly around my body. Jiyong frowned as he looked down and up awkwardly, trying to pretend he didn't notice. I took a deep breath as if it would somehow take away the tremendous amount of heat and redness fuming from my body.
      Jiyong touched his slightly damp hair and pointed randomly at the bathroom, "Ah, um mihan*"
-----------------------------
*Mihan- sorry
--------------
 
 

 

I cleared my throat, "It's okay." 
      Jiyong closed his eyes and turned around, "I really didn't kno-"
      "D-don't worry about it. Um...do you have any clothes I can borrow?"
      He froze for a second and turned back around to face me. Although his eyes were fighting so hard to look at me straightly, he still tried to keep a cool face as he nodded.
        We went into his closet room which was filled with random shirts and pants that hung from two long bars in one side of the room. There was a boxed drawer in the middle much like an island. He opened up a few of them and pulled out a faded red and navy blue plaid shirt and baggy black pants that came up like capris. 
     "Here" He put them in my arms.
      As he started to close the drawers, I stopped him.
      "Wait..."
      "What?"
      "I...don't have underwear."
      Jiyong had a grim look on his face and his eyebrows went up. He pulled out the bottom drawer and there were a bunch of his underwear neatly folded and lined up. They all looked expensive and exquisitely lined with designs. He picked out a black brief like underwear with carefully designed lines on it from the edge and held it up with a soft smile. 
      "I'm not gonna wear your underwear!" I shook my head laughing.
      "I never wore it before." He put it on top of the other clothes he gave me.
 
      "How can I be sure?" 
      Jiyong looked taken aback and flustered,"Yah, this is exclusive! One of a kind! I wanted to save it for a special occasion!!" He shook the underwear in my face.
      "What kind of special occasion do you save an underwear for?!" I snatched it out of his hand. 
       A sly grin covered his lips and a mischievous look descended on his eyes. "Occasions like this."
      "Ah what the heck oppa" I said, playfully pushing him out of the way.
      "I have to shower now, I'm freezing here!" Jiyong raced into the bathroom and shut the door. 
      Oh great where do I change? I went into one of the rooms, which turned out to be his bed room. The room was very simple but cozy, much like mine. A small twin size bed sat on one edge of the wall. 
So this was the other side of that damned wall... This was where he would sit and talk and on the other side, I would sit and talk to him. 
I quickly dressed in the clothing and surprisingly enough, the underwear fit me and the clothes were comfortable and loose. The sleeves were long and baggy and the scent of it was overpowering of him. 
        I walked out of the room feeling dry and comfortable but I was exhausted. I had been exhausted before but now I was beyond that that.
I fell back on to the small one person sofa in the living room and laid there. What time was it? I don't know.... My eyes kept blinking and my eyelids felt heavy. My breathing became low and consistent with the soft ticking of clock. The air calm with the light sound of the shower dripping rhythmically like the rain. And soon I fell asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I felt strong arms go underneath my legs and arms. They steadily picked me up with ease. The thumping of a heart beat faster inside my ear. The warmth that traveled to me and the soft scent that over crowded me...wait this was...familiar?
       I opened my eyes and blinked a few times. I was being carried over by...Jiyong. His arms, the scent, the warmth, that night it the recording room. So it had been him who carried me to the couch that night! My eyes fluttered up to his face. Jiyong looked down at me and smiled. The light shone down with his smile which lightly blinded me.
        "Oh, you woke. I didn't want to wake you up." 
        I nodded confusedly. 
He set me down gently on his bed when he reached the room. Jiyong pulled the covers over me. "Um I'll go sleep in the living room then." 
      I don't know why, but I grabbed his arm before he was about to leave.
        "Don't go...oppa." I looked up at him with wide eyes. My puppy dog eyes were bound to work. Please please please. 
        Jiyong thought for a moment and then sat down next to me in the small cramped bed. "I'll just stay here for a bit." 
        I smiled and sat up with him to lean against the wall.
        I knew I was tired, but with him, I just couldn't sleep. We comfortably talked with each other about our lives as if we were old friends from the past. Just sitting beside him, just listening to him and just looking at him made me feel like I was getting closer and closer to him and his heart.
        

 

      He talked of what he hates about his life and what he loves about it. How he loves the support from his fans but how he couldn't go anywhere on his own. How he hated how tightly packed his schedule was at times but how he loved to meet his fans. I began to understand him better and how he was the way he was. He seemed so cold and bitter at times but it was just because if he showed his real emotions inside, who knew what might happen? Jiyong asked me why and what I was doing here and how I grew up. My life was nothing to compare with him but somehow, we connected. We held the same emotions, the same kind of past, and the same kind of mind. Both lonely and reminiscent of our past. We laughed and sighed all through the night. 
      Jiyong took out his MP3 player and plugged in his ear phones.
      "This is the song that I made...but no one has heard it yet." Jiyong put one side in his ear and the other in mine. In acquiesce, I smiled and opened my ear to the music. The song with soft and melodic sounds complemented Jiyong's compelling voice. The lyrics spoke of freedom and passion, of desire and hate and mostly...love. How could anyone make such a beautiful sound? I was the first to hear it out of anyone else in the world besides himself.
      I sighed and without any thought, I leaned against his caressing chest and his arms automatically went around my shoulders. His hands sweetly grabbing hold of my arm told me he wanted to protect me from any possible harmful thing in the world. His voice and his calm breathing became a lullaby for me as I slowly drifted into a deep slumber.